Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:26 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Named Best RPG Game on GBA!

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Named Best RPG Game on GBA!
-12/29/04-

GameCube Advanced named Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen as the best RPG game on GBA for 2004. FireRed/LeafGreen also won the award for best multiplayer game on GBA.

Best RPG Game
"Why we chose it: 2004 was not necessarily the biggest year in RPG's for the GBA. Nevertheless, Nintendo's Pokémon series continues to shine through. Pokémon: Fire Red and Leaf Green are remakes of the original Red and Blue that were released here in the states. With only revamped graphics and music, Nintendo could have still made this a hit. However, they took the time to add new features, as well as add a new wireless multiplayer capability which was included as a pack-in with the game. Nintendo offered maximum bang for the buck with this package, as well as offer a 100+ hour game. Unless of course I am the only one that can play Pokémon for over 100 hours... "

Best Multiplayer Game
"Why we chose it: It might seem weird that a remake of a couple of games originally released back in 1996 could be 2004’s multiplayer game of the year, but if you have had a chance to play either version with friends you would understand why they’re deserving of this honor. Pokemon FireRed/Leaf Green offer a great mixture of depth, charm, and strategy while keeping things simple. The included wireless adapters (at no extra cost) allow you to connect with up to 40 other people to trade or battle in quick scuffles or lengthy monster battles. Besting your buddy’s collection of pocket monsters comes down to using the right Pokemon at the right time; it’s a pretty clever and addictive concept. This is one pair of titles where if you can find other players, the multiplayer will keep you as occupied as the single player, something rarely found in an RPG."

Check out the winners here: GameCube Advanced Awards 2004

Related Links
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 12-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Metal Mario Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Named Best RPG Game on GBA!

Cool I have both of them

My VPP

Level 100 @ 604

Old 01-01-2005, 05:13 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

What a joke.

FRLG being best RPG.

That guy probably hasn't played any other RPG games before

Multiplayer... Maybe yes, considering most games don't focus on multiplayer gaming that much anyway. But I would expect that oh-so-highly-rated Legend Of Zelda game(the one with 4 Swords packaged with another multiplayer thingey) to win... Hmm.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:38 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
What a joke.

FRLG being best RPG.

That guy probably hasn't played any other RPG games before

Multiplayer... Maybe yes, considering most games don't focus on multiplayer gaming that much anyway. But I would expect that oh-so-highly-rated Legend Of Zelda game(the one with 4 Swords packaged with another multiplayer thingey) to win... Hmm.
It's not a joke, it's called an opinion. Face the facts, the Pokemon games are more popular than YOU think. Pokemon don't just win awards on Pokemon sites. Just because you don't agree with the outcome doesn't mean you're more game educated than he is (nor does it mean he is more game educated than you).
Old 01-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

And people say pokemon is dead. I think not.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Exactly, DP. I mean, back in 2003 Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were the best selling games of the year, for all consoles. I want to find some figures about them though...

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 01-03-2005, 12:21 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
It's not a joke, it's called an opinion. Face the facts, the Pokemon games are more popular than YOU think. Pokemon don't just win awards on Pokemon sites. Just because you don't agree with the outcome doesn't mean you're more game educated than he is (nor does it mean he is more game educated than you).
Oh, so mine wasn't an opinion?

What's with all the assumptions? I haven't said anything about Pokemon's popularity, and I didn't say I was more game educated then he was.

Geez.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:52 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Oh, so mine wasn't an opinion?

What's with all the assumptions? I haven't said anything about Pokemon's popularity, and I didn't say I was more game educated then he was.

Geez.
Assumptions? I quote: "That guy probably hasn't played any other RPG games before "

That's what I meant. Just because the guy has a different opinion, doesn't mean he's uneducated on the subject. The guy does games for a living, I'm sure he played some other RPG games before. Also, as I've said in my previous post, that also doesn't mean you're uneducated in games, it's just two different opinions.

The point I'm trying to say is just because he has his opinion doesn't make him "OMG, he must never seen another game before."
Old 01-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Well to be honest I don't think any other GBA RPGs are worth a dollar. I said that in an American way without even being American, awesome.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:40 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Assumptions? I quote: "That guy probably hasn't played any other RPG games before "

That's what I meant. Just because the guy has a different opinion, doesn't mean he's uneducated on the subject. The guy does games for a living, I'm sure he played some other RPG games before. Also, as I've said in my previous post, that also doesn't mean you're uneducated in games, it's just two different opinions.

The point I'm trying to say is just because he has his opinion doesn't make him "OMG, he must never seen another game before."
...you probably haven't heard of exaggeration before

Also how do you explain assuming I even said a thing about Pokemon's popularity?