Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Kirby team!

Magneton @ Focus Band ** Kracko
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 10 HP / 125 Def / 125 Spd / 125 SAtk / 125 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Metal Sound
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Wigglytuff (F) @ Macho Brace ** Kirby
Trait: Cute Charm
EVs: 10 HP / 125 Atk / 125 Def / 125 Spd / 125 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Attract
- Psychic
- Return
- Safeguard

Snorlax (M) @ Salac Berry ** Dedede
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 170 Atk / 170 Def / 170 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Yawn

Kabutops (M) @ Shell Bell ** MetaKnight
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 125 Atk / 6 Def / 125 Spd / 125 SAtk / 125 SDef
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Metal Sound
- Rock Slide
- Surf
- Swords Dance

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers ** Waddle Dee
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 170 Def / 170 Spd / 170 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Razor Leaf
- Surf

Sudowoodo (M) @ Quick Claw ** Whispy
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 170 Atk / 170 Spd / 170 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Mimic
- Rock Slide
- Sandstorm
Old 03-21-2004, 03:56 AM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket
Default Re: Kirby team!

Magneton - Thunderbolt is certainly a move for Magneton, but he needs more than that if it really want to do some damage against many variety of Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass and Water over Reflect. Grass would be good against Swampert, or any other Ground/Rock or Water/Ground pogeys. I would prolly go with Modest Nature, with 6/0/0/252/252/0 EV distro. Give it Magnet Pull to make it the ultimate Skarmory killer. Leftovers, Shell Bell, Scope Lens, Lum Berry are all good, but not Focus Band.

Wigglytuff - This set is pretty standard. Attract, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch and Shadow Ball. Many sets are used to utilize Focus Punch, and these sets are very effective. Adamant Nature would be the best here, and the tanking distro to survive the setup (252/0/129/0/0/129). Macho Brace is good for training, but nothing else. Brightpowder/Lax Incense will make Wigglytuff untouchable, Focus Punch more effective. Scope Lens for critical hits. The least thing you want to happen to Wigglytuff is getting status affliction by the opponent. Lum Berry would be a good item for this. Wigglytuff has high HP to utilize Leftovers.

Snorlax - I think you still remember the cheap Curselax from GSC. Well, Snorlax can still utilize Curse in RS, and it still packs a punch. It isn't cheap as before though. Most Snorlax have Shadow Ball instead of Earthquake against Levitating Gengar or Misdreavus. Even with the help of Salac Berry, Snorlax will be outrunned by many popular Sweepers. I would make it's high HP into good use, attaching Leftovers. This item, will not only make him a supreme Physical Attacker, but also a better Tank. Adamant Nature and the EV distro of 252/129/129/0/0/0 would be the best.

Kabutops - Since it already have Swords Dance, it should stick in its physical side. Add Brick Break and Return, and you'll have a Sweeper. Salac Berry is an essential item for a Sweeper, that's not fast enough. 252 Speed and Jolly Nature, for better results after Salac Berry activates. It's Attack and Special Defense can be split, because it's Attack is already high, and can be boosted with Swords Dance. It needs Special Defense high enough to barely most elemental moves, allowing the Salac Berry to be utilized.

Ludicolo - Toxic for pure annoyance. Opponent would think twice before bringing out Blissey to heal poisoned pogeys, because of its Leech Seed. It's a staller, and doesn't really need Speed and Special Attack, as much as HP and Special Defense. You should fully EV train its HP and split EVs in the defense. Bold Nature would be the best choice.

Sudowoodo - Meh, Sudowoodo with Sandstorm and Mimic. Sudowoodo is more like an all-out pogey. Add Brick Break and Double Edge for more fire power and verstality. Sudowoodo can't overrun most pogeys even if his life depended on it. I prefer an Adamant Nature. Quick Claw would be perfect in his case, but I can see Choice Band work here as well. I would fully EV train its HP and Attack, and 6 EPs in Defense.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Re: Kirby team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket
Magneton - Thunderbolt is certainly a move for Magneton, but he needs more than that if it really want to do some damage against many variety of Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass and Water over Reflect. Grass would be good against Swampert, or any other Ground/Rock or Water/Ground pogeys. I would prolly go with Modest Nature, with 6/0/0/252/252/0 EV distro. Give it Magnet Pull to make it the ultimate Skarmory killer. Leftovers, Shell Bell, Scope Lens, Lum Berry are all good, but not Focus Band.

Wigglytuff - This set is pretty standard. Attract, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch and Shadow Ball. Many sets are used to utilize Focus Punch, and these sets are very effective. Adamant Nature would be the best here, and the tanking distro to survive the setup (252/0/129/0/0/129). Macho Brace is good for training, but nothing else. Brightpowder/Lax Incense will make Wigglytuff untouchable, Focus Punch more effective. Scope Lens for critical hits. The least thing you want to happen to Wigglytuff is getting status affliction by the opponent. Lum Berry would be a good item for this. Wigglytuff has high HP to utilize Leftovers.

Snorlax - I think you still remember the cheap Curselax from GSC. Well, Snorlax can still utilize Curse in RS, and it still packs a punch. It isn't cheap as before though. Most Snorlax have Shadow Ball instead of Earthquake against Levitating Gengar or Misdreavus. Even with the help of Salac Berry, Snorlax will be outrunned by many popular Sweepers. I would make it's high HP into good use, attaching Leftovers. This item, will not only make him a supreme Physical Attacker, but also a better Tank. Adamant Nature and the EV distro of 252/129/129/0/0/0 would be the best.

Kabutops - Since it already have Swords Dance, it should stick in its physical side. Add Brick Break and Return, and you'll have a Sweeper. Salac Berry is an essential item for a Sweeper, that's not fast enough. 252 Speed and Jolly Nature, for better results after Salac Berry activates. It's Attack and Special Defense can be split, because it's Attack is already high, and can be boosted with Swords Dance. It needs Special Defense high enough to barely most elemental moves, allowing the Salac Berry to be utilized.

Ludicolo - Toxic for pure annoyance. Opponent would think twice before bringing out Blissey to heal poisoned pogeys, because of its Leech Seed. It's a staller, and doesn't really need Speed and Special Attack, as much as HP and Special Defense. You should fully EV train its HP and split EVs in the defense. Bold Nature would be the best choice.

Sudowoodo - Meh, Sudowoodo with Sandstorm and Mimic. Sudowoodo is more like an all-out pogey. Add Brick Break and Double Edge for more fire power and verstality. Sudowoodo can't overrun most pogeys even if his life depended on it. I prefer an Adamant Nature. Quick Claw would be perfect in his case, but I can see Choice Band work here as well. I would fully EV train its HP and Attack, and 6 EPs in Defense.
Thanks for the rate.