Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Coolness

I'm not sure if this should be in another section, or what, but, I would like to hear some of the most coolest-looking pokemon in ruby/sapphire/emerald. After playing firered, I've noticed that the pokemon in ruby/sapphire/emerald are not as good-looking in fr/lg. And because of that, my lust to train certain pokemon on r/s/e has vanished. Anyone share my sadness?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:15 AM
xineki Offline

Send a message via AIM to xineki
Default Re: Coolness

I haven't found many that equaled the originals in RSE either. Heck, to me Rayquaza seems to be wearing lipstick.
I still liked all the starters though. Camerupt, Wailord (looks like the back end was pasted on in MSpaint, I mean, theres a line for crying out loud!), Manectric (pyramid head?), every single bird pokemon in the game... they are all decidedly sub-par, at least to my sense of style, or lack thereof.

Most aren't really bad looking, its just as if they ran out of ideas in this set.

GSC pokemon were still awesome, if a bit mediocre

They really seem to have picked up the slack in DP. However, unlike every other generation, I can't stand the fire starter,,,a monkey!? Well, it looks cool in its final form anyway But the legendaries... Great Jumping Grandma-on-a-Stick the new legendaries beat every other generation hands down! and there are a lot of them too! man...i wish i had a DS
Old 07-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xineki View Post
I haven't found many that equaled the originals in RSE either. Heck, to me Rayquaza seems to be wearing lipstick.
I still liked all the starters though. Camerupt, Wailord (looks like the back end was pasted on in MSpaint, I mean, theres a line for crying out loud!), Manectric (pyramid head?), every single bird pokemon in the game... they are all decidedly sub-par, at least to my sense of style, or lack thereof.

Most aren't really bad looking, its just as if they ran out of ideas in this set.

GSC pokemon were still awesome, if a bit mediocre

They really seem to have picked up the slack in DP. However, unlike every other generation, I can't stand the fire starter,,,a monkey!? Well, it looks cool in its final form anyway But the legendaries... Great Jumping Grandma-on-a-Stick the new legendaries beat every other generation hands down! and there are a lot of them too! man...i wish i had a DS
I hear ya! The pokemon in D/P are awesome. Tyranitar in Fr/Lg looked okay, but in D/P, he looks fantastic! I didn't like marowak in r/s/e, he looked cool in fr/lg though. I, too, wish I had a DS. G/S/C pokemon were alright, r/b were inferior to yellow. And Rayquaza wearing lipstick...I have trouble getting past that every time I look at his stats.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 AM
karma34 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I think there are too many legendaries in D/P. Kind of takes away the "Legendariness" if you ask me. Soon all pokemon will be legendary
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma34 View Post
I think there are too many legendaries in D/P. Kind of takes away the "Legendariness" if you ask me. Soon all pokemon will be legendary
I wouldn't know. Is D/P great? Do you recommend it? And if I buy a DS, are there other good games I can play besides D/P?

Last edited by Shadow Tyranitar; 07-20-2007 at 07:18 AM. Reason: ???
Old 07-20-2007, 07:23 AM
karma34 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well Honestly i have not played D/P. I am a bit worried to play it. I have researched it fairly heavily tho. especially in the area of the pokedex and i have just come to the conclusion that they have created too many "legendaries" Im a bit hesitant to spend the money on a DS and that game.

I will say this tho, seems like 90% of the people on this board are in love with it.

It does have cool features like being able to load pokemon from previous generations onto it (both by trade and by putting chosen game into the secondary cartridge slot).

and i will admit that i like many of the regular monsters they have come out with for this generation. Its not that the legendaries dont look or sound cool, i just wish they werent classified as legendary.

oh and the new moves and TM's sound sweet too
Old 07-20-2007, 08:11 AM
xineki Offline

Send a message via AIM to xineki

Yup, i can't count the number of times I Googled "movesets for XXXXXX" and saw an amazing move, then looked it up only to be disappointed.

Thank goodness I'm finally getting a job, This thread is awakening the tiny microchip implanted in my brain when I was born by Nintendo, that forces me to buy/love their products.

buyyyy aaa dee-ess.

*Zombie-walks to nearest toy/game store to buy delicious handheld goodness*
Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma34 View Post
oh and the new moves and TM's sound sweet too
Yeah, Dark Pulse, Stone Edge, Payback. Heck yeah! (Can we use profanity on this site?) I'm really holding back.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:54 AM
jrockthevanquisher Offline

im afraid theel throw me off if i curse but ruby had some dinky looking pokemon diamond in pearl is full of legendaries which is stupid but gives u more game to play and more to do
Old 07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockthevanquisher View Post
ruby had some dinky looking pokemon
Yeah, I didn't like how marowak looked in ruby and sapphire. In fr/lg, though, he looks awesome. Scizor, to me, deserves to look cooler, same with Tyranitar.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:39 AM
waltzh Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Tyranitar View Post
Yeah, I didn't like how marowak looked in ruby and sapphire. In fr/lg, though, he looks awesome. Scizor, to me, deserves to look cooler, same with Tyranitar.
Yeah, I totally agree with you, noting that I love Scizor.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzh View Post
Yeah, I totally agree with you, noting that I love Scizor.
Aw, awesome. Scizor is my second most favorite pokemon, first being tyranitar. Third is Blastoise.