Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

View Poll Results: Should we have a separate board for Trainer Stats?
YES! 17 51.52%
NO! 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2004, 05:03 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Separate Trainer Stats Board

Well, it might be a little little over doing it to have one board just for stats, but if you guys find it's better to do it that way, then of course I'll just make it.

I think it's important to think about what kind of system to display the stats works best. I'll let you guys debate it out whether or not it will improve with a new board.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini

I don't see what's wrong with the current system, except for people with slow connections. O.o

Plus, if we have a board where everyone has there old threads the following happens:

- Old, active member's threads are pushed to the back by threads of new members, who often never battle.
- A few people bump their thread daily just to be on top.
- People threads change pages whenever new members/bumps happen... annoying, I think so.

The alphabet thing is OK, I guess, if you combine unpopular letters to make the threads fit on one page.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

-the thing about bumping is... you can't bump your thread like proboards.
-plus, there would be a stickied thread that lists all the members in ABC order and link to their stats, so it won't matter too much where your stat thread is.
-and, some members want two posts for their stats... because they can't fit everything they want in one post. that isn't a good excuse but i think two posts for stats will make them cleaner to look at.

in the long run, i think it will be easier. eventually, i will run out of space to fit links in the current stat threads. the next post is Allie's and i can't ask her to move her stats if she isn't around.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Yes for me. Personally I think it gives people more space...as said, you will eventually run out of space, i think i almost did so i had to take some pictures out to shorten it.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
-the thing about bumping is... you can't bump your thread like proboards.
-plus, there would be a stickied thread that lists all the members in ABC order and link to their stats, so it won't matter too much where your stat thread is.
-and, some members want two posts for their stats... because they can't fit everything they want in one post. that isn't a good excuse but i think two posts for stats will make them cleaner to look at.

in the long run, i think it will be easier. eventually, i will run out of space to fit links in the current stat threads. the next post is Allie's and i can't ask her to move her stats if she isn't around.

~Jack~
You make some interesting points. There were some bumpers at the PB forum who bumped by deleting the old thread and making a new one, so that can still be done. But as far as running out of room for links in the current thread, yeah... that could be a problem. But maybe you could take hyperlinks out of the later names on the list and just link to a page? Later pages aren't hard to scroll through because most of those posts don't have 50+ pictures like page one stats do. Oh, this would be a pain to do, but you could also make the links to posts shorter with urlcut.com. I don't even use the links though, I just look at the page number whoever I wants stats are on and go there. It works beter for me.

Although probably the best thing that you mentioned and I hadn't even considered is having 2 page stats. For some people, that's quite a problem, and in the current situation, long stats often take my slower computer 5 or so minutes to load. So in that aspect, it could be good. But using urlcut.com would help too... or plain leaving pictures out, waiting forever for the page to load down to my stats because of other people's pictures is plain-out annoying. O.o

Hm, most of the against views are more of, "It's hardly a difference...", so I guess in general it's a good thing. But can you make the links in the new system non-popup? Maybe it's just me, maybe it's not, but popup links make my Internet crash...
Old 01-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

I voted no, purely because I see nothing really wrong with the Trainer Stats as they are.

Any URPGers who have been around here for a while now know where their stats are, and any newbies to the URPG only have to look at the end of the thread.

But maybe I'm just saying this because I don't really participate in the URPG much now... meh, I still stand by what I said though, I think that the Trainer Stats being a thread is much better than making a whole board for it.

Besides, how can we guarantee that EVERY SINGLE URPGer is gonna' move their stats over to the new board, unless one person copies everyone's stats, but then they might change during that time period...

Now I've confuzzled myself,

Well, simply put, nah, I prefer the stats as they are, ^_^
Old 01-16-2005, 05:55 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

I prefer 11 pages in a thread, then 11 pages on a board. I vote no.

-PF

Thoughts: Wait. I'm not even IN the URPG!

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Dark Absol Offline
Experienced Trainer

Yes. We should.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDesire_2k5
Yes. We should.
Can you please explain why? That really doesn't help the mods make their decision.... and this topic is pretty much decided... I don't think we are going to get the bored any time soon...