Re: Becoming a Mod.
1. Donít ask to be a mod, or ask Ryan to be a mod. Itís like Fight Club. You do not talk about the Club. You donít ask to be a mod, it will lower your chances by making it appear you just want to be a mod for the heck of it, even if thatís not the case. Show you want to be a mod through actions, and prove you would be able to handle it.
2. You need to know the rules and show that you know the rules. Donít flame others, donít make threads in all the wrong places, and use proper grammar and spelling. People ďwho tipe lik disĒ wonít find themselves becoming a mod.
3. You need to also show you can handle the pressure once you become a mod. People will send you truckloads of PMs, youíll get plenty of reports in your email on a day to day basis, and you may need to step in when two members are flaming each other, and possibly even take it out on you when you try to resolve the problem. Can you honesty say you can handle it? If not, this wouldnít be for you, I canít tell you how many times Iíve dealt with situations like this.
4. You also need to be highly active. Leaving PE2K for weeks at a time and/or only posting one or two times a day probably wonít make you the likely candidate. PE2K needs active mods. If you appear to be the kind that has a high probability of never coming back, you wonít get it.
5. Getting involved with many forum activities will make you better known among the PE2K community. Showing you want to make the forum more enjoyable and exciting is definitely commendable, Ryan appreciates help from the other members of this forum (donít ask how you can help, you know what you need to do already. Create some excitement through some creative idea you have!).
6. Becoming a mod also may take at least a year to happen and for some it took even over three years. It took a year and a half to get mine, no joke. Trust is definitely a must, showing you really want to stay here for a long time is essential, and wanting to fully immerse yourself into this community is key. Sure, definitely continue to have your own personal life, but if youíre thinking of making PE2K only a two month deal and you wonít ever see this place again, donít count on a mod position.
Follow these to the letter and you will have a far better chance, but I canít promise anything as it is totally Ryanís decision. However, his reasoning and criteria for selecting mods reflects off of this as I know from personal experience.