Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Wifi Random Trainer Fight Chat Room

I think that with the upcoming Diamond and Pearl, we should be able to have an area to log into to see who all wants to fight people but don't have a friend awake or around to fight against. With this chat room people could share friend codes and fight against other people and talk about fighting and strategies and such. Then, maybe use a feature to allow people to change thier status from (Chatting) to (Seeking Battle) to (Fighting) or (Away).

I think that might be a handy feature, and you could probably just use an already made client to do that. Maybe have something so that people can list their pokemon, items, stats, friend code, trainer name, or if they cheat or use legendaries, or whatever they want to put.

Honestly, who wouldn't want to just log onto PE2K and have a chat going with people constantly looking a fight or in fights talking strategy? I can imagine all the people talking right now, talking smack about this or that, and then the other person saying something like, "Lets go fight then, and lets put a bet on it, whoever wins, the loser has to trade them a pokemon with a nugget attached as a hold item"

EDIT: I meant to put this into the TMI, my apologies.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default Re: Wifi Random Trainer Fight Chat Room

You could always just do this with a forum and not a chat room...But, I have no desire of getting Diamond or Pearl so I won't be involved in this.

Although there might be a forum for this kind of thing in the future, especially with all of the Wi-Fi games that are coming out. Maybe a forum for general wireless/online connection battles, for any game that is compatible.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

There are random fights over Wifi in a certain room in the game, but they are trainers that others have uploaded to the system and are not controled by them. If you uploaded your trainer into wifi you would show up in the room to someone else randomly but your battling would be the computer not you, and you would not know if someone was doing battle with your trainer across the world :P

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
There are random fights over Wifi in a certain room in the game, but they are trainers that others have uploaded to the system and are not controled by them. If you uploaded your trainer into wifi you would show up in the room to someone else randomly but your battling would be the computer not you, and you would not know if someone was doing battle with your trainer across the world :P
I know, that's why I'm saying this. A forum doesn't help out very well either since it's not up to date very well, if you see a post from someone with their friend code, it doesn't mean that they're online and want to fight you over wifi.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

I kinda like this idea, but the closest thing to the "chat room" you're talking about would be an IRC channel which may be hard to keep up

Edit: Moved to TMI
Old 04-21-2007, 10:22 AM
pixlepix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

why not make it we could see who is online and challange them to a battle and it doesnt have to be on a fourm if you have a grate idia do it who knows it might be sticked
Heroscape
Heroscape rules
What to buy in heroscape
Old 04-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Wow, Serebii.net wasted no time in ripping off my idea and setting up a basic little chat room barely 2 days after suggesting this idea. Oh well, snooze you lose, PE2K.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Well it IS possible to do something like this off IRC, and have the link be directly on the forums (I know, the OS tan forums had this feature). If there's enough interest, I can try and see if things can get set up here as well.

Edit: Yeah, it ues Java, just as I thought. If Ryan wouldgo through with it, I can probably set something up on Rizon/irchighway/etc.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 04-21-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well if you can set up something better than what Serebii has already, then that'd be nice. So far it looks like it's just a normal chat room, but if you could set up a chat room where people's friend codes, user names, and in-game names are setup like a mini-profile or something, that might be nice. If it doesn't consume too much resources, maybe even allow people to list their pokemon/levels/hold items if they like along with what type of fight they're looking for 1v1, 2v2, or Stakes (winner gets an agreed upon bet item from the loser). One last thing I'd like to mention is that it doesn't have to be linked to the forums, it could be easily linked to the main website menu.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Well if you can set up something better than what Serebii has already, then that'd be nice. So far it looks like it's just a normal chat room, but if you could set up a chat room where people's friend codes, user names, and in-game names are setup like a mini-profile or something, that might be nice. If it doesn't consume too much resources, maybe even allow people to list their pokemon/levels/hold items if they like along with what type of fight they're looking for 1v1, 2v2, or Stakes (winner gets an agreed upon bet item from the loser). One last thing I'd like to mention is that it doesn't have to be linked to the forums, it could be easily linked to the main website menu.
I'd have to ask around if that could be done. Probably not, since this would require registration, meaning it would be limited to the forum.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
There are alot of those groups for Wii codes...
But I think that sooner or later someone will make a big site like that, the games have only been out for a day :P

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno

I was just going to make a new thread on this, but found this one so I may as well continue on it.

I was looking at the ups and downs of having this Chat-room. I found more downs than ups though.

The ups were that it would end with all of these 1 person threads seeking for battles and/ or trades.

No one pays attention to the stickies or else we wouldn't have this problem.

The downs were that people would do pointless things in the Chat-room. Like type " hvhvncyy4gu" or just post inappropiate things. They would also use "leet-speak" and perhaps do other unwanted things. There was also the matter of who would be watching over this. I think on serebii the Moderators take turns.

As punishment for breaking the rules there are always warnings and bans.

It's just we're all getting tired with all of these 1 person threads.
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Off topic but, I think the PE2K rules should be an announcement instead of being a sticky.

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer

i think this is a fantastic idea. forums are unreliable for this because the last post may be from days ago. with this, the stickied battle thread would become all but obsolete. Flashchat would work well for this since it would be integrated into the forums and have away messages and whatnot.