Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:09 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Fire Red/Leaf Green to be Released Soon?

Fire Red/Leaf Green to be Released Soon?
-03/15/04-

With the news of the Pokemon TCG World Championships, Nintendo has given us a broad idea on when Fire Red and Leaf Green will be released here in the US.

For first place and second place of the World Championships, there’s a long list of prizes, two of which includes: Pokemon Red for Game Boy Advance and Pokemon Green for Game Boy Advance. It didn’t say Fire Red and Leaf Green specifically, but there's really nothing else they can be referring to. There’s a Red version for Game Boy, but not for Game Boy Advance, and we definitely don’t have a Green version. With the mention of the Green version, this might mean the idea of a Blue version instead of a Green version in the US out of the picture.

The World Championships will be held on August 21st and 22nd, 2004. So you can expect Fire Red/Leaf Green to be released in the US before that date or soon after that date (giving the winners a copy of the game in advance is not out of the question, Nintendo certainly can do that if they wanted to). Being released before the World Championships seems more likely, but also keep in mind, it’s not like Nintendo hasn’t given the chance for fans to get things before they are released. There are Pre-Release TCG tournaments in which players can get the new cards before they are released.

With Fire Red/Leaf Green being given out as prizes at the World Championships in August, it should give all fans a good idea when the game will be out. Keep checking here in the news for any new updates about Fire Red/Leaf Green.

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 03-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter
Default Re: Fire Red/Leaf Green to be Released Soon?

Cool! That means FR and LG might be released soon before August. Thanks for the information! We also now know that there is no Water Blue. Thanks for the info!

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:30 AM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

*shoots water blue with squirt gun* Die! *fake blastoise comes off game* Mama....
Old 03-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

Is it true? We can finally play Green version in English

Current team:
Old 03-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Dre@mWe@ver Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dre@mWe@ver Send a message via MSN to Dre@mWe@ver Send a message via Yahoo to Dre@mWe@ver

Well, that is certainly cool! I had a hunch that they might be let out around the summer time, when people said it was going to let out around September. I really do hope that it is in the summer time because then I'll have more time to play the game.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

It's good to know...but why are they waiting SO LONG!? Both games have been out in Japan for months. -_-
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:52 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

YAMS :O

We have 5 more months to wait. It's also released the same month as my Birthday, but no, I'm not going to bother buying it. I'm just wondering, how hard does it take to translate some stupid code into English? 5 months(or more, since FRLG has been released for a long time) is too much, fans can't wait that long anyway. This is proof Nintendo sucks at releasing games
Old 03-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

I agree..I don't see how anyone can be happy about this news...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Scizor Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Scizor

boltAge don't complain... where i live it will be released much later than in the US ! I will just sitt here abd wait *******************Boring **********

well, i hope it's worth the waiting
Old 03-16-2004, 04:02 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise
boltAge don't complain... where i live it will be released much later than in the US ! I will just sitt here abd wait *******************Boring **********

well, i hope it's worth the waiting
Who are you to tell me not to complain? Anyway, do YOU think I live in the US? I live in Asia, which means unless we import(more expensive), we won't even get the game. In fact, almost all our games here are imported. SO DONT CRAP COMPLAIN
Old 03-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Not to mention a lot of Asia's stuff is pirated. I think that fire red leaf green will be good games. But like someone said in this thread Nintendo sucks for releasing grades.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:03 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird
Is it true? We can finally play Green version in English
lol, I don't lie in the news. Like I said, the prizes for the TCG World Championships includes "Pokemon Red for Game Boy Advance and Pokemon Green for Game Boy Advance." What else can they be referring to besides Fire Red and Leaf Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingTorchic
Well, that is certainly cool! I had a hunch that they might be let out around the summer time, when people said it was going to let out around September. I really do hope that it is in the summer time because then I'll have more time to play the game.
September is just a "good guess." I don't take good guesses and consider them official (many people just assume it will come out in September as if it's official). It's anyone's guess now, there is no official date. What is official is that those two games are on the prizes for the TCG World Championships, so that gives us a better idea when it's going to be released.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
YAMS :O

We have 5 more months to wait. It's also released the same month as my Birthday, but no, I'm not going to bother buying it. I'm just wondering, how hard does it take to translate some stupid code into English? 5 months(or more, since FRLG has been released for a long time) is too much, fans can't wait that long anyway. This is proof Nintendo sucks at releasing games
Well Raik, the games are written in Hexadecimal code (Like any other program). A Letter of the Alphabet within the game is actually a sprite. Each sprite as a value, ie in Pokemon FR/LG, the value BB refers to the letter A in the english Alphabet. Nintendo have to translate each Hexadecimal value for the Japanese text into the Values for the english text (Its a little bit easier, since the English text is already programmed into the game). We're talking about hundreds of Pokemon names, Attacks, Items, and Peoples text, as well as descriptions, the Pokedex, etc. It can take up to a year to translate a game, and i personally know how hard it is. Believe me Raik, they'd be lucky if they did get it completed within 5 Months, but then they might have to add extra values for more text within the game, resulting in them having to recode it, which would just add to the time till complete translation. Don't complain until you know how hard it is... :P

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 03-20-2004, 02:17 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry

Well, when they do bring these games out, it will be worth my money. I can finally get Charmander again as my starter, better sprite images of my team, and better graphics. And, they added more things to FR/LG, though they should of made it a three-region game, where you can compete in the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Region. That would have been a great game, though these games are excellent right now.

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Traipez Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Traipez

I will guess I cant get it before 2005.. I live in Denmark in Europe.. It just takes SO long time before we get them here in Denmark..
But maybe I'll import them from US..