Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Destiny's Tag [Chapter 6 Up]

It is here, the story I had advertised for the past two weeks. I had this idea brewing since early May but I recetly devoloped a plot. I accecpt reviews and helpful critisim so if you're reading, I would really appreciate your opinion on this. That doesn't mean you can post flames. -.-

So without further ado, here's Destiny's Tag. Read and enjoy!

Summary: When young Sen Takashi is denied to go on a pokemon journey, she runs away with her Pikachu, Alice. When she finds one of Jirachi's elusive Wish Tags, not knowing what it does, she makes a wish to become a pokemon. Unfortunately, her wish came true. She soon finds a group of human hating pokemon who are on a mission to right the wrong Team Galactic did them. In order to get their help, Sen must lie to hider her true identity. However, that becomes difficult when Team Galactic, out to recapture the runaway pokemon, lay their sights on the Wish Tag she holds...

History: When I was playing D/P and encountered the Poke Kid who is dressed up as a Pikachu and wants to become one, I thought, "What would happen if she did become a pokemon?" The trainer seemed so naive and childish that I couldn't help but think how she would react to that kind of sudden transformation. With that small and vague idea in early May, I tried to come up with a plot but to no avail. One day in mid July, while surfing PeK2, I came up a plot that sounded, to my knowledge, original. While still online, I got my notebook and wrote the simple thoughts. Later, bit by bit, I explanded and created characters that would support this whole idea while still focusing on Sen, the main character.

Rating: PG-13 for language and death

Genre: Adventure/Dark

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 09-08-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Default Chapter: 1

The first chapter is just for introducing the characters but it will pick up in about two chapters.

_____

Chapter 1

A dark blanket of darkness washed over her, threatening to suffocate the life out of her small body. With a gasp, it was on top of her. It was too heavy and too big to take it off, all she could was struggle against its weight. Just when she thought all hope was lost, the blanket was taken off in one swift motion, making her blink up at her savior.

“Alice, you drama queen.”

Alice the Pikachu rubbed her neck with a sheepish grin. Sen Takashi rolled her eyes and folded the long piece of cloth into a neat bundle. Sure it was bigger than her pokemon, but she doubted it could actually kill her. The nine year old girl was clad in a long sleeved navy shirt over a short sleeved white. Beginning at her waist and ending just right below her knees twirled an onyx skirt fringed with white patterns, the designs flowing freely like a painter’s brush. Black slip on tennis shoes finished her youthful look, all of this complimenting her mousey brown hair and eyes. The basket around her arm swished back and forth as she and Alice walked down the aisle of the small store. Usually, she detested doing shopping errands for mother. There were so many things she could do instead, much more “productive” things like watching battles taking place in arenas like the one in the Sinnoh League. However, today was a special occasion. Her mom had agreed that she could pick out the decorations and the icing for her birthday cake that she would make the next day.

It’s my birthday after all, I should get to choose what goes on my birthday cake.

The mere thought of her parents picking them out made her cringe. If her mother did it, it would be nothing but pink smothered in more pink. If her dad chose, he would pick the first thing that he spied on the shelve, color combinations be damned. Sen knew for a fact her Pikachu would do a better job than both her parents put together, one reason why she had tagged along. That, and Alice hated being cooped up in her small house.

“Pika.”

Sen blinked herself out of her musings and turned to where Alice was pointing; the cake decorations. They were neatly assorted on their hooks, from pink princess figurines to soccer playing figures. Underneath that were a dozen of bottles containing candy sprinkles, some mulitcolored while others were single in hue.

“Now which ones should we get?” Sen asked aloud, putting a hand on her hip to ponder on her options.

Alice scurried up the girl’s shoulder for a better view. Pointing to a rainbow colored one, Sen shook her head.

“Too many colors make me nauseous.”

Alice pointed to a bottle containing only chocolate sprinkles.

“Nah, too bland.”

Finally, Alice pointed a paw to one containing ruby red sprinkles. This time, Sen broke into a grin.

“That’ll go perfect with the yellow icing!”

Picking the bottle, she put it in the basket and inspected the contents in it. There was a piece of cerulean blue cloth (the one that almost ended Alice’s life) that was to be made a banner, black streamers that would be hung on the walls, bright yellow icing that would go on the homemade cake, and the red sprinkles to finish it off. They were all set.

With Alice staying on her human perch, Sen wove her way through several customers until she got to the counter. Putting the basket on the counter, she looked up at the black haired man that was there. When he caught sight of her, a wide smile broke across his face.

“What do we have here, a birthday girl?”

Sen mentally cringed at the overly sweet dialogue. She expected it to go on.

“How many are you turning?” he asked with the same kind of voice.

Unfortunately, Sen expected right.

“Ten tomorrow,” was her short answer, putting on a fake smile.

Alice, sensing her owner’s discomfort, lowered her ears. Sen wasn’t exactly the best person to be around when she was irritable.

The clerk checked out the items in the basket, still keeping the conversation going, much to Sen’s dismay.

“Ten? Wow, children are growling fast today. Weeds you guys are.”

Sen began to take out the money her mother had given her earlier that day as the clerk finished off the last item.

“That’ll be twelve dollars and fifty-three cents. I can count the money for you if you want.”

Without saying a word, she gave him a $20 dollar bill. The clerk rounded up the change in the register and slowly counted out the money for her.

“...and fifty-three cents.”

She collected the money and put it back in her pocket then took the bag of party contents.

“Have a happy birthday!” he called out with a wave.

“Yeah,” she responded before exciting the store, hiding the face she made.

The bright sun of Floroma Town greeted the pair, making them blink at the sudden brightness. A comfortable breeze ruffled Alice’s yellow fur and played with Sen’s ponytail, both enjoying the calm weather. The flowers in the flower bed that were planted beside the store also danced in the wind, their pink petals flashing in mesmerizing color.

“That was another reason why I hate going to the store.” Sen told Alice with a frown.

“Pikachu.” she said in a low tone.

When people didn’t know her, she would be fawned over like a small child. It wasn’t her fault she was slightly shorter than kids her own age, making her seem a year or two younger that what she really was. Her parents would just stand in the sidelines, gushing at how cute the mistake was.

They passed small houses and buildings, each lined with their group of flowers ranging from soft violet to violent blue. On the sides of the first roads sprouted lush green grass looking as fresh as newly grown fruit. The sight was especially beautiful when small droplets of dew still clung to the blades from a night’s shower. The air that hung on this small town was free of pollution, in part of shortage of cars and factories and in partly thanks to the Valley Windworks a day’s journey away where wind energy was the only energy used here. Despite this, Sen wanted out of this town.

“I can’t wait until we go on our own journey,” she told the mouse pokemon, petting her between her black-tipped ears.

“We’ll see the region, as trainer and pokemon. We’ll be the best we can be.”

Both of them were too lost in their daydream to fully notice their surroundings, Sen because she was lost in her dream of becoming a successful trainer and Alice in fantasizing how powerful she could become.

“We’ll battle other trainers and we’ll earn badges. After that, we can...”

Before either of them knew what had happened, they were sent to the ground, Alice toppling off Sen’s shoulder quite painfully. The grocery bag was also on the road with half of its contents spilling.

“You should watch where I’m going, you know.”

Looking up at the snide remark, Sen and Alice scowled at the two figures that stood over them.

With flaming red hair matched with a red/orange jeans and blouse combo, Scarlett Young stood proudly with her Growlithe, Coal, by her side. Emerald eyes looked down upon them with a taunting glint - Sen fully knowing that she was enjoying it.

Sen picked herself up, dusted herself off, and proceeded to pick up the fallen party decorations. Alice did the same, her thunderbolt shaped tail twitching in an angry manner when she looked at Coal. The puppy pokemon gave a smug look in response.

“What do you want, Scarlett?” Sen managed to say through gritted teeth, back turned to the girl.

Scarlett was the last person she ever wanted to talk to. She decided long ago that she was no friend of hers with that cocky attitude and insulting manner. Being friends with someone who belittled others for their own joy did not appeal to her.

“Well now that we met up, I wanted to tell you I accept.”

What, accept a personality make over? she mentally quipped.

Aloud, she asked, “Accept what?”

“The party invitation your mom sent, of course.”

Sen dropped the bundle of streamers with wide chocolate eyes at the words that left the girl’s lips. Whirling around so fast she caused Alice to jump in surprise, she looked up.

“What did you say?”

Amused by Sens’ reaction, Scarlett flashed a vanilla envelope which was scrawled on with fancy cursive. With a sinking heart, Sen recognized the handwriting as her mother’s.

Mother, what did you do...?

“I don’t know if I’ll go,” she continued with an offhand motion with one hand and twirling a lock of her hair with the other.

“I mean, there’s a ton of things I could do instead.”

Of course she’s going,Sen thought with a roll of her eyes, standing up with all the items in the shopping bag.

She wouldn’t miss a chance at making fun of me at my own party.

Before Scarlett could add more, Sen turned to Alice, who was still glaring at the fire pokemon.

“Come, Alice, we still need to go to the Berry House.”

The Pikachu gave one last “Pika” before going to Sen’s side. They passed both red figures who had identical grins on their faces, confirming Sen’s suspicion about the next day.

“It doesn’t matter if they come tomorrow,” she told Alice, a small smile returning to her face. She was determined to not let her spirits be dampened by Scarlett. Tomorrow was going to be great for she knew that as a ten year old, she could finally become a trainer and as one, she could escape this place and see the world.

“Tomorrow’s going to be great, I just know it!”

With her eyes glinting for what was to come, Sen and Alice walked down Floroma with high spirits.

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 08-09-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Destiny's Tag

i thought it was pretty good..... i loved the way that you took something as small as a blanket and made it seem like some impenetrable darkness, that was pretty funny.....
obviously there is a lot more that we will learn as the story goes on, so i look forward to that.....
one small complaint that i did have however was that you blatently lay out what she was wearing and her looks all in one paragraph, where i have seen that describing a character's looks could be done a lot more inconspiculously, like you are not trying to get that part over with [some random example: She tumbled head-over-heels down the rocky slope, her gray-fringed skirt flapping around her..... and so on with the rest of the details] but then again, what do i know , i just thought i'd give you some feedback because if you are anything like me, you are craving for people to give you a review

But overall, i think you did really well!

BRYCExKAT
Old 07-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Thanks and I've had that intro in my head so I decided to type it.

About the description, I've seen people recommening that kind of description while other recommended the description you're talking about, both sides haviing good authors. Since I didn't know which one to go with, I decided important, new characters will be introduced in that manner. Other characters not as important will be described like you said.

Thanks for the comment and feedback, I really appreciate it. :)

Old 07-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Ahh you did good What could I say.. keep up the good work.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Thanks, Empoleon. I'll try.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Shdw_Tamwyn Offline

Send a message via MSN to Shdw_Tamwyn

Thats probably one of the best story beginnings i've read so far. Very nice.

Shdw_Tamwyn
Factfile
Credit to TayyabX for the awesome Umbreon banner!
Of Mice & Men|The Holy Guile|Sonata Arctica|The Amity Affliction|Amon Amarth|Opeth|Parkway Drive
FC: -0990 4214 1515-

^Very outdated
I am the biggest Sonata Arctica fan on here. Hands down.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Thanks, Shd Tamwyn, you flatter me. ^^

Chapter 2 is almost done, guys. Just a few more sentences and proofreading.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Default Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Alice watched with interest as Sen carefully arranged ten black candles on the two layered cake. Icing-tipped fingers stuck the candles into the cake one by one, placing the ten candles in a circle. The entire vanilla cake was covered in light yellow icing with the edges lined with brown chocolate swirls. It was very tempting to just grab a handful of cake and dine right then and there, but Mrs. Takashi was always keeping a constant eye on the cake she had slaved for over three hours.

“Just a little more...” Sen said under her breath, trying to get a reluctant candle to stand up straight.

The wax figure titled from side to side with every touch of the finger but at last, it halted in the perfect position. As though she wold disturb the candle, Sen slowly straightened and marveled her handiwork.

“Now that looks good, huh, Alice?”

The Pikachu nodded in agreement although she could not take her black eyes off the cake. Noticing, Sen offered her fingers which were still coated in a fine layer of icing. Obliging, Alice began to suck on them, making her owner laugh as it tickled her skin.

“Sen, get that pokemon off the table.”

Sen stopped her chuckle to look up at her mother, the honey-haired woman standing on a ladder with streamer in hand. Not wanting to heighten the stern look she gave her daughter, Sen gently put Alice on the floor.

“I don’t know why you insist on it being outside instead of a poke ball,” Fiona Takashi complained as she lightly stepped off the ladder. “It is a pokemon, after all.”

She, Mom,” her daughter corrected. “And Alice isn’t just a pokemon, she’s my best friend.”

With a mutter of ‘Don’t know why she didn’t pick a cat instead’, Fiona dropped the subject with a wave of her hand.

“You should get dressed, the guests will be here in about an hour.”

Sen nodded and headed to her room, a confused Alice at her heels.

_____

“How do I look?”

Alice backed up and inspected Sen from head to toe, the girl fiddling under the stare.

Instead of her usual casual clothes, Sen was now wearing a dress that came down to her ankles, something her mom let her choose several weeks ago for this occasion. The dress was a shade of baby blue edged with dark navy. The V neck line was navy as it stretched down, a white fringed layer underneath, with the sleeves short and cuffed. A navy sash was tied around her waist with miniature beads dangling from golden thread, the round surfaces catching the faint light that streamed into the room. The bottom of the dress was lined with white silk, smooth to the touch, with black dress slippers on her pale feet.

Alice gave a thumbs up sign, making Sen smile.

“I’m glad I don’t look like a total dork,” she chuckled, inspecting herself on her hung mirror.

Untying the band of her ponytail, she let her hair cascade down to her shoulder blades with some loose strands getting in her face. With a grin, she took a brush from her table and ran it through her hair a couple of times, pinning a butterfly clip on the side of her head when finished. Maybe it wasn’t the most beautiful hairstyle that would go along on a day like this but, what could she say? Sen was a simple girl, happy to use a simple style.

“I wonder how Gwen is?” Sen mused with a plop on her bed, the electric mouse jumping beside her.

She ran a hand through the Goldeen comforter, fingering the tail of a plush Meowth well worn by years of play. Gwen Len had started her journey three months ago with a Piplup (a rather stubborn one, she recalled) and as Sen’s long time friend, she was invited to the party.

“I bet you she caught some pretty cool pokemon and maybe a badge!”

“Pika, Pikachu!”

“That’s true; we’ll catch up.”

_____

When she entered the living an hour later, it appeared completely different than before. The streamers she had brought from the store were hung in loops around the room like the ribbons of icing on her birthday cake. All classy, beige table cloths were replaced with vibrant red. There were people seated in the living room (extra chairs provided) most of them relatives ranging from grandparents to four year old cousins. Among the many family members was a tall, blonde headed figure whose torn jean jacket seemed oddly out of place in the sea of dress shirts.

“Gwen!”

The person turned and her cerulean eyes lit up in recognition as Sen came near.

“Sen! Long time no see!”

Gwen surveyed her friend with a smirk, gloved hands deep in baggy jeans.

“You know,” she started. “I don’t think I’ve seen you in a dress this classy before.”

With the hint of a blush, Sen laughed.

“It is a special occasion after all; the day I turned ten and become a trainer!”

Gwen’s expression turned to skeptical, brow raised.

“Your mom said yes?”

The brown haired girl looked down at this, meeting Alice’s eyes in the process.

“Well, she didn’t say yet but how could she not? It’s not like I’ve done anything bad as to not let me be a trainer.”

Gwen shrugged with a nod, sitting back down on a spare seat.

“Good point. Do you want to see my badges?”

Sen eagerly nodded and took a seat beside the short haired girl. Smiling at her friend’s enthusiasm, Gwen took out her satin case and opened it. Two badges gleamed up at Sen, their surfaces polished to perfection. The first one, the Coal Badge, was a rich rust color with the edges cut in a smooth spherical shape. The second one, the Forest Badge, consisted of three emerald triangles, two at the bottom and one at the top so it gave the appearance of a pine tree.

“Ka...” Alice awed, small eyes now twice their size.

“They are so cool!” Sen managed to say when Gwen closed the case.

“I couldn’t have done without the help of my pokemon.” Gwen stated proudly.

When her fingers hovered over her poke balls to release her pokemon, Sen spotted Scarlett and Coal sauntering over to them. Scarlett was wearing a simple ruby dress paired with an orange scarf that wrapped around her neck like a boa. Her veil of hair was sprinkled with tiny braids that bounced whenever she walked.

“Hey, guys.” she greeted with an obviously fake smile.

Gwen put up a facade of her own and returned the flash of white.

“Scarlett, hi.”

In a show worthy of an Oscar, the two girls shook hands like old friends. Underneath it all, though, the flames of hate were burning fiercely.

“I know,” Sen whispered to Alice who had taken cover behind her dress.“It scares me, too.”

To avoid any crossfire that you could be unleash, Sen and Alice shirked away unoticed.

_____

"....and then she said, 'I've never seen a Caterpie so strong as to defeat a Nidoking!'"

Sen let out a laugh, although it was forced, at Grandpa Al's story of his friend's first battle as a trainer all way in Kanto. It was about half an hour later, half an hour of being forced by her mother to mingle with the party guests. Cousins were, as always, a pain in some form. The older ones were not so happy to be at her party mainly because they dubbed it as a waste of their time that could have been spent with their girl/boyfriends. The smaller ones were nothing but a nuisance with their hands that would reach for the hung banners (they sometimes managed to make them fall) and petting Alice until she was so annoyed that she had to restrain herself from shocking them. The grandparents would sit on the sofa and recount stories of themselves or their friends with, in Sen's opinion, too much uneeded detail.

"I also remember when I became a trainer, back in '61. Back then, pokemon were a lot harder to handle."

"Really?" Sen asked with a smile that mirrored the one Scarlett gave a while ago. She shifted her weight to her left log, feeling the right one going to sleep. Alice, also bored with the long yarns, plopped down bottom first on the carpeted floor and cocked her head in mock interest.

"Yep," the old man continued, fingering his cane with a smile. "That Charmander was as stubborn as stubborn could. Why, I remembered one time..."

“Sen.”

Sen turned around to see her mom standing behind her, the woman also fixed up in a blue dress with her hair let down.

“It’s time for the cake.”

Perfect timing. she thought as she straightened up with Alice doing the same. Facing her grandfather who looked a bit crestfallen at his tale being cut so short, she smiled warmly.

"Don't worry, Grandpa, you can tell me after we eat."

Everybody was already gathering around the dining room table where the cake was waiting with candles lit. When she took her position behind the cake, she noticed an inscription in black icing in between the circle of candles.

To the beginning of a journey

“This is it,” she whispered to Alice who had been allowed to stand on the table to view the blowing of the candles.

“This is the day we begin our journey.”

As everybody around her sang “Happy Birthday” she couldn’t help but let thoughts of the upcoming journey swim through her mind. Pokemom and badges, it was all going to be theirs. She barely registered when her mom told her to blow out the candles, Sen was just too excited. Nevertheless, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

I wish that this journey will be one to remember.

The candles were blown, cheers erupted, and she opened her eyes to a large box Mrs. Takashi was holding.

“Happy Birthday, Sen.”

“Thanks, Mom.”

From the end of the table, Gwen flashed her a smile to open it. Her fingers carefully opened the beige box and dug through the blue tissue paper that was arranged upon the items on the box. Sen smiled when she pictured the Pokedex and Poke Balls that were on the new clothes she would use as a pokemon trainer. When the last of the tissue paper was taken away, her heart sank like a boat. A nurse’s outfit was neatly folded in the box, white as starch, complete with the red crossed hat. For a moment, she couldn’t think. It had to be some sort of mistake...right?

“I knew you would like it,” Mrs. Takashi said when she took her daughter’s silence as a sign of happiness.

“I knew you would happy being sent to the Joy Academy.”

“Joy..Academy?” she managed to ask when she looked up at her mother. There was no trace of lying or joking. She was completely serious.

“So you can become a nurse.”

The world around her suddenly seemed to blur with the tears that began to well up in her eyes. Everybody’s face was unrecognizable except for Scarlett’s. The joy on her face burned right through the hot tears, taunting her with silent laughter. Closing her eyes, Sen let the tears fall onto the cake as she let felt the embarrassment of it all sink in. Here she was, dressed up in the worst moment of her life with the girl she hated looking on in glee.

And she knew exactly who to blame.

“Sen...?”

“Leave me alone, Mom!” she turned and yelled with a strangled sob.

She know knew for a fact that everybody’s gaze was locked on to her but she didn’t care. All she cared about was to show her mom how much she had hurt her. How much her dreams were now shattered, no words would ever piece them back together.

“Sen, honey...”

Sen couldn’t stand it anymore. The gazes, Scarlett’s face, the outfit in the box that seemed to mock her. It was all too much.

Tearing free of her mother’s gentle grip, the crushed girl ran to her room, swearing she heard a bout of cruel laughter following.

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 08-09-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 AM
diamondpearl876 Offline

You reviewed my one-shot, so now I review your story. Actually, you reviewed all of mine which was pretty nice.

Anyway, I do love this so far. Interesting beginning for a fanfic like this. I like how the Pikachu's nickname isn't something really cliche, like Sparky or Zap. I also love how you don't go overboard with the Pokemon talking like most stories do. Every other paragraph is Pikachu speaking unknown words and it gets annoying. Yours doesn't do that. Yay.

Grammar and spelling were great; just a few problems with it.

You were doing so good with this until the middle of the chapter!

Quote:
“I’m glad I don’t look like a total dork.” she chuckled, inspecting herself on her hung mirror.
You need a comma after dork (lol), and that goes for all the other times you put a period instead of a comma.

Also, this is just me.. probably.. but I don't think the apostrophes around Sen's thoughts are necessary. If they're just in italics, then that should definitely be enough for the reader to know Sen is thinking something.

One last thing:

Type out your numbers. When it is below one-hundred, then I don't see why you can't type it out. o= Yes, I am talking about Sen at the store.

Anyway, I haven't read all of chapter two yet, but I'm looking forward to it, and more.

- x - banner/avi made by lunar latias - x -

Last edited by diamondpearl876; 07-31-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Thanks diamond for those tips, they will really help me. And yeah, I'm always trying to improve with my grammar.

And I don't see why Alice should talk like every other sentence if you can't understand a thing she's saying so yeah, thanks for noticing that. :P

Hope you read Chapter 2. :)

Old 07-31-2007, 12:49 AM
diamondpearl876 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomKat7 View Post
Thanks diamond for those tips, they will really help me. And yeah, I'm always trying to improve with my grammar.

And I don't see why Alice should talk like every other sentence if you can't understand a thing she's saying so yeah, thanks for noticing that. :P

Hope you read Chapter 2. :)
Believe it or not, some writers have it every other sentence. Really annoying.

I did read chapter two about fifteen minutes ago. I thought Joy Academy was a funny name for the school. I was confused at first, but I remembered Nurse Joy and laughed.

Also, proof-read your chapters before posting.. I saw really silly typos, like "You should go get dress"; it should be dressed.

- x - banner/avi made by lunar latias - x -
Old 07-31-2007, 02:08 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Actually the comma thing is not a hard standing rule, at least, I was never taught it in school. It is a comma if you are breaking apart a statement as I understand it, as in

"I am going to the park," Billy said with a smile "I'm not sure when I will be getting home."

Anyway, to each their own on how nitpicky you want to get about commas, but I don't think it takes away from understanding so much :P. I also never was taught the :
"I have a pokeball!" she said.
rule ether, to me a lack of capslock is just as glaring :P.

Anyway, to get to the actual story I see the your character is getting put in Joy school (or not since that is not what this story is about) just like mine was, yah for emotional scarring :P.
I'm glad to see that the Nurse school idea is growing though, they can't all just come from nowhere :\

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Default Re: Destiny's Tag .:Chapter 2 Up:.

Emotional scarring. xD

The Joys weren't just born nurses, they had to learn from somewhere. Jessie from Team Rocket was sent to a nurse school of sorts.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Destiny's Tag .:Chapter 2 Up:.

*Reads the Joy school portion* *Visualizes own mother*

Jessie from Team Rocket was sent to a nursing school for Chanseys, wasn't she?

Anyways, I liked it. I'm not feeling incredibly nitpicky right now, as I had a grand total of three hours of sleep and my sinuses are overwhelming my brain, but I liked it. I plan on reading more, at your convenience.

Murkrow
Done: 800