Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 PM
x_Declaration_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to x_Declaration_x Send a message via MSN to x_Declaration_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_Declaration_x
Default The Pensbury Region - A One-Man Project

Hi kids :]

I've decided to set myself a challenge over the summer: To create an entire region of my own.

I've named it the Pensbury Region, because I live in Shaftesbury and my lovely girlfriend <3 lives in a little village called Penselwood. So I put two and two together :] Penselwood also being the first town in this region.

I've been creating maps using the 16x16 tile rule, and I have kept them tiled. I have also stamped each one and copyrighted so that nobody takes it and claims it for their own. Because i've worked damn hard on these things.

So I do apologise to those who want to see it in it's full glory, because I don't trust everyone. Nothing personal.

Oh, i'm also aware that some of the place names are not that great. To be honest, I couldn't care less xD but if you wanna come up with better suggestions, then please do. The ones with a * next to them are open for suggestion.

Okay then, let's get down to it :]

Region Map:

Penselwood
Mountain Path*
The Great Wide Open*
Sangrit Town*
Sangrit Frontier
Moss Cave; Entrace

Also, anyone who is interested, I have composed a toolbox of tiles used to make overworld maps;

--> Tile-Toolbox <--

Comments and stuff are always good.

I want positive AND negative comments. And that does not mean "wow thts grt lol" or "thts a load of sh*t". I mean real comments. Things you thought I did well, and ways I can improve.

x

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Darkness

Hyper Rank

Last edited by x_Declaration_x; 07-29-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName
Default Re: The Pensbury Region - A One-Man Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Declaration_x View Post
Hi kids :]

I've decided to set myself a challenge over the summer: To create an entire region of my own.

I've named it the Pensbury Region, because I live in Shaftesbury and my lovely girlfriend <3 lives in a little village called Penselwood. So I put two and two together :] Penselwood also being the first town in this region.

I've been creating maps using the 16x16 tile rule, and I have kept them tiled. I have also stamped each one and copyrighted so that nobody takes it and claims it for their own. Because i've worked damn hard on these things.

So I do apologise to those who want to see it in it's full glory, because I don't trust everyone. Nothing personal.

Oh, i'm also aware that some of the place names are not that great. To be honest, I couldn't care less xD but if you wanna come up with better suggestions, then please do. The ones with a * next to them are open for suggestion.

Okay then, let's get down to it :]

Region Map:

Pensbury
Mountain Path*
The Great Wide Open*
Sangrit Town*
Sangrit Frontier

x

Comments and stuff are always good.

I want positive AND negative comments. And that does not mean "wow thts grt lol" or "thts a load of sh*t". I mean real comments. Things you thought I did well, and ways I can improve.

I love it! No negative comments, I think it's perfect. I don't know about negatives. I can't find any.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
x_Declaration_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to x_Declaration_x Send a message via MSN to x_Declaration_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_Declaration_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob of all noobs View Post
I love it! No negative comments, I think it's perfect. I don't know about negatives. I can't find any.
Heh, thanks.

I'm particularly fond of the Sangrit Frontier. The others I did in a few hours, but the Frontier I had to span over two days to get it done. I had a lot of ideas for it and it turned out good, I think.

The bridge over it was risky, but I think it turned out okay. I'll be making a later version which will improve all notches.

And I had to make some custom tiles, but not many.

I will be composing a toolset of all the tiles I use to make my maps, if anyone is interested.

x

Hyper Rank

Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Heh, thanks.

I'm particularly fond of the Sangrit Frontier. The others I did in a few hours, but the Frontier I had to span over two days to get it done. I had a lot of ideas for it and it turned out good, I think.

The bridge over it was risky, but I think it turned out okay. I'll be making a later version which will improve all notches.

And I had to make some custom tiles, but not many.

I will be composing a toolset of all the tiles I use to make my maps, if anyone is interested.

x
I would want it, I really want to make a region. I have my region map, so I need my overworld towns. That would be helpful. And I want to ask, were these made on Paint? I really think it's awesome, since I can't do this on Paint.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
x_Declaration_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
I would want it, I really want to make a region. I have my region map, so I need my overworld towns. That would be helpful. And I want to ask, were these made on Paint? I really think it's awesome, since I can't do this on Paint.
Yep, I only ever use Microsoft Paint.

It's simple and the best way to do it.

It means everyone can make them ^__^

x

Hyper Rank

Last edited by x_Declaration_x; 07-27-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Yep, I only every use Microsoft Paint.

It's simple and the best way to do it.

It means everyone can make them ^__^

x
Oh, great. That gives me a boost in aking 'em.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Nice, I could never do something that good.

I think that for sandgrit town, perhaps you could make the grass brown, to make it look milted? ;D

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:16 AM
GlaceonTrainer Offline
Amateur Trainer

This is really good. But in the Sangrit Fronteir, some peices of the bridge are longer than others. Question,though. Do you do all your work in 1 window, or do you have more than one to do the editing and copy and pasting?
Mastered: 360

Thanks To me, for the Eevee Banner^^
And Thanks To Pikablu Pie, for The Eevee Sprites^^
Old 07-29-2007, 03:45 PM
x_Declaration_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Oh, great. That gives me a boost in aking 'em.
Okay, I've done the toolbox. It's not that great, but it's got everything in it that I use, and some I don't use;

--> Tile-Toolbox <--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikablu Pie
Nice, I could never do something that good.

I think that for sandgrit town, perhaps you could make the grass brown, to make it look milted? ;D
I Hadn't thought of that, I may give that a go :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaceon Trainer
This is really good. But in the Sangrit Fronteir, some peices of the bridge are longer than others. Question,though. Do you do all your work in 1 window, or do you have more than one to do the editing and copy and pasting?
Usually, I have 2 MS Paint windows open. One with all the tiles I use to make the maps, and to edit any extra tiles, and one to make the thing. A lot of mistakes can be fixed just by putting another tile over the top.

I hope people use the toolbox =]

Now, I have to go to work today. Blah. Which means that by the time I get home, I will be too tired to do anything. But I may get started on a new map.

So maybe update tomorrow... though I have to go to work tomorrow too, but I finish earlier.

Ciao :]

x

Edit: I'm sorry for the lack of updates, i've been very busy with work (I work all weekends) but i'm starting work on the next area now so stay tuned :)

x

Edit2: Okay updated;

The entrance to Moss Cave. This cave has two exits, as shown on the region map. One going to a stretch of water that leads to the largest island.

The second exit leads to a longer stretch of water reaching a town facing three seperate islands. More on these as they are built.

x

Hyper Rank

Last edited by x_Declaration_x; 07-29-2007 at 05:26 PM.