Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball
Default Two important topics

Has anyone ever noticed that URPG has only 2 elites and they both are inactive. And that is only because people refuse to take an elite position because they don't want to loose their gym. Sure, the reasons give where that other people need the gyms, and an elite as a gym leader will make it impossible to defeat the gym. All the people who could be elites are still having their gyms as they would anyways, so this rule doesn't really make more free gyms, and there isn't really a reason to anyways. There almost always is a free gym, and there isn't supposed to be free gyms, and gyms aren't supposed to have newb leaders who anyone can defeat. Gyms are there to prevent weak people to getting to the elites. Also, an elite having a gym, these people already have their gyms, and, making these people elites wont really make the gym's easier to defeat. And even an elite can be defeated if he is limited to only one type of mons. Every electric gym can be defeated by a ground mon, none, as big their skills are wont defend an electric gym against an attack of swamperts, dugtrio's and other eq mons. the most important thing is that elite is not a position you can gain in 10 minutes, as it is for gyms, it is a privilege. And URPG isn't copleate without elites.

The second thing is ref testing. Fenix has also asked this. Reftesting takes a lot of effort, and it can take longer than an hour. It takes knowledge and patience. You can say it is just a favor the ref testers do, but reffing, grading and judging could be considered the same, though none would ref if he/she wouldn't get paid for it. Thats also why ref testers rarely agree to test people or fix the quiz's. I suggest maybe paying 1k for a test and 500 for a quiz to the tester. This would increase the amount of refs and therefore activity in URPG.

Discuss
Old 02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight
Default Re: Two imporitant topics.

I'd gladly become an Elite, but I suck too much. (Not to mention my lack of high-class Pokemon.)
Old 02-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Funny that you should raise this matter as soon as you've become a ref tester, which shows that you don't care about the effort that has been put into the job by others before, but that you just want more money.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:04 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

I think ref testers should get some small pay as a Thank-you, yes. But the gymleader/Elite thing?

NO!

There's a reason you can't have both. To spread the wealth, for one, and for the other... They're different 'levels' of trainer. You just shouldn't get to have both. What we need is good, active elites. Not gymleader ones.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Killik Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Killik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
Funny that you should raise this matter as soon as you've become a ref tester, which shows that you don't care about the effort that has been put into the job by others before, but that you just want more money.
I do think that if you become a Ref Tester it shouldn't be for the money, the effort you put into it should be for the good of the URPG, the money shouldn't matter play a role in the testing at all.

As for the Gyms, I think that there aren't enough active players that have amassed enough "good" Pokemon to actually be a challenge so naturally there are going to be some weaker leaders, and naturally there are going to be some tougher ones, it is all relative.

With the Elites, yes, I do agree that more active Elites are needed, but I think that position should be held seperate from a Gym. Also, there is the "realism" that is the Pokemon Universe to keep true to. Elites don't own Gyms, they are far beyond the skills of your "run of the mill leader." As for getting the activity of the Elites up, I believe some standards should be put into place so people know exactly what is required to obtain the position, and would give them something to strive for. Nobody really knows what is needed to become an Elite, and nobody knows how to do it. The only way to become one is to be asked.

I think that the Gyms are fine as they are. The URPG goes through its active and inactive phases, that's the game, and there are always going to be Trainers who are weaken than the next, that is to be expected, I do not think it is fair to call them "newb."

The URPG is fine. Not to many people have actually gotten to the point where they can face an Elite, yourself being an exception Ball. I think there should be a System where people can apply for an Elite, and a page showing exactly what is needed to become one. Likes a 75% win ratio, and 6 fully TMed out Pokemon, and then an example, to give people something to work for.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

That's not a bad idea to pay Ref Testers. It is like reffing a real battle. I'll agree to that.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-05-2007, 05:38 AM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
It might look like that, but after ref testing some people I saw that this is harder than I though before. Yes, I want money, who of us doesn't, but I do care about people who put their effort in it before, so I want the effort to not go unrewarded any more.

About a thread to become an elite, saying all the needed info, it isn't a bad idea, but the problem currently is that all the people who are good enough to be elites, are gym leaders with good gyms, which they don't want to give up. So the elite position wont really be taken that soon, even though we are currently completely elite-less. The people who you all would suddenly fear if they would be elites have their gym's now, and it doesn't really change the hardness of defeating a gym if the leader is the same person, but that person has suddenly became an elite.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion
Default Re: Two important topics.

I'd actually would love to become an elite but i wouldnt want to turn my gym down. But i actually am for this Elite/Gym Leader thing though, because it gives you something to do than wait around really.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

Yeah, how many challenges do Elites get in a year? One?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

I'm with Chris and Lan, I'd love to become an Elite :P
I won't deal with the pay, since I'm neither XD

I still think Elites should just take one or the other. Sure they don't get many challenges, but Gyms do, but why take away the possibilty to run a Gym from other trainers when you've received the privilige to fight as an Elite? It sounds bad, and very cheap. People who want more power to possibly take over the URPG with uber-skills :o

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

i'd agree with the ref testing paymens but I don't like at all the idea gym leader/elite.

As already said, Elites are a step up the "normal" Gym Leaders, no wonder they shouldn't have to run a gym too. As for the Elite's activity... I've never seen 4 elites active at the same period.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

Ref tester should get paid regular battle wages. But no pay for quizzes. It not that hard all you have to do is create an answer key. Plus most people are being waited to be tested.

What about test fee of 500 each time. After your second test. Something like that. Or if you want to take another that week.

Elites are top dogs, or should be.They should be helping out other gyms. Such as the rock gym which get annihilated by water or grass types.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

I happen to disagree with the Elites also owning gyms. Elites are higher than gym leaders. But you are right however, the current gym leaders who do fit all the qualifications to become Elites, don't want to give up their gym. I believe the reason is because they have spent a lot of money on their gym to toughen it up. If they gave up their gym, they would have to start all over. Not many people would want to do that. I on the other hand would give up my gym (if I still had one) to be an Elite in an instant. To be an Elite is a high honor.

As for the ref testers gettin paid...I'm a tad ify on it. I can't go either way on that subject. I'm not a ref, so I guess my opinion doesn't really matter on that subject.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Murkrow Mistress Offline

Default Re: Two important topics

I agree people should have a gym or elite position - one or the other. That wouldn't happen in the anime. Or the games. Or pretty much anywhere else, for that matter. They already have a gym position, so if somebody held both, it would be unfaair to those people who DO want just to be in a Gym. The reason Gyms are there is to filter out the weak trainers from the strong ones. So an elite as a gym leader is utterly pointless.

Closed Thread