Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default Making an R/s team

Er well I'm not too fond of r/s mon but I will be playing the game again since I'm bored and I need to come up with an ideal team with pokemon I dont detest so much like I want to smack them with a folded up newspaper eg-minun/plusle, beautifly, volbeat.

This is the team I came up with:

Swampert- water/ground
EQ
Surf
Icebeam
Brickbreak?

Cradily- rock/grass
C-ray
Ancient power/EQ
Gigadrain
EQ/S-bomb/Amnesia

Breeloom- grass/fighting
Skyuppercut/Brickbreak
Gigadrain
Sludgebomb
Leech seed?
{the alturnitve here is to level up a shroomish to lv 54, get spore, evolve breeloom, add in focuspunch: Focuspunch, gigadrain, s-bomb, spore but i'm not sure if i can wait that long to level up a shroomish :/}

Ninetails- fire
C-ray
Sunny Day
Overheat/Flamethrower
Grudge?{don't know what that does}Irontail? Dig?

{Exploud- normal
Return
Flamethrower
Rest? Brickbreak? EQ?
Sleeptalk? Brickbreak? EQ?}
OR
{Zangoose- normal
Return/slash
Shadowball
Brickbreak
Swords dance?}

Gardevoir- psychic
Shadowball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm mind

Also if an opening in the team is there, I might be inclined to put in armaldo but I don't know where it would fit. Any suggestions?

{PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I CAN ONLY HAVE 1 TM OF EACH TYPE SO NO DOUBLING UP ON TMS}

I don't really need advice on movesets seeing as some of those suggested ones for pokemon don't fit in with my plans and gets me frustrated using them, although the ones i have put in as '/' or '?' you can suggest on those, aslo if you feel there is a BIG problem with the team and you could suggest one MUCH better. I would prefer advice on how those 6 work together as a team and whether maybe 1 or 2 could be replaced with more suitable pokemon. Much appreciated, thanks.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 03-21-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:38 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Making an R/s team

!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapkmnguy_3000
Er well I'm not too fond of r/s mon but I will be playing the game again since I'm bored and I need to come up with an ideal team with pokemon I dont detest so much like I want to smack them with a folded up newspaper eg-minun/plusle, beautifly, volbeat.

This is the team I came up with:

Swampert- water/ground
EQ
Surf
Icebeam
Brickbreak?

Curse, Rock Tomb/Ice Beam, Earthquake, Rest. Attach Chesto Berry. EVs in Attack and HP. Nature: Brave. Don't use this as a starter.

Cradily- rock/grass
C-ray
Ancient power/EQ
Gigadrain
EQ/S-bomb/Amnesia

Oh nos the crappily strikes earth. Barrier, Amnesia, Rest, Return@Leftovers is my choice with EVs in HP, splitting the rest between Def and SDef. Nature should be Impish/Careful. You can take Toxic/ConfuseRay/Recover/RockSlide@Leftovers/LumBerry with the same EVs and nature.

Breeloom- grass/fighting
Skyuppercut/Brickbreak
Gigadrain
Sludgebomb
Leech seed?
{the alturnitve here is to level up a shroomish to lv 54, get spore, evolve breeloom, add in focuspunch: Focuspunch, gigadrain, s-bomb, spore but i'm not sure if i can wait that long to level up a shroomish :/}

Spore, Leech Seed, Focus Punch, Hidden Power: Rock @ Lum Berry. EVs in Attack and HP. Nature: Adamant

Ninetails- fire
C-ray
Sunny Day
Overheat/Flamethrower
Grudge?{don't know what that does}Irontail? Dig?

Attract, C-Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Heat Wave @ Lum Berry/Leftovers with EVs in Speed and Special Attack. Nature: Timid

{Exploud- normal
Return
Flamethrower
Rest? Brickbreak? EQ?
Sleeptalk? Brickbreak? EQ?}
Rest, Sleep Talk, Toxic, Flamethrower. FThrower to hit Steels that resists Toxic. @ Leftovers. EVs in HP, split the rest between Special Attack and Special Defense. Nature: Modest
OR
{Zangoose- normal
Return/slash
Shadowball
Brickbreak
Swords dance?}

Quick Attack, SDance, Shadow Ball, Return @ Salac Berry/Choice Band/Leftovers. I'd personally go with Salac(If you're battling online or when you decide to get FRLG during August :S), but it's your choice. EVs in Attack and Speed. Nature: Adamant. If you already used TM Return on Cradily, maybe TM Frustration or Crush Claw over Return? :S

I'd personally go with Mongoose, but it's your choice.

Gardevoir- psychic
Shadowball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm mind

Shadow Ball sucks my socks on Gardevoir. Calm Mind, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp @ Lum Berry/Leftovers. EVs in Special Attack and split the rest between HP and Special Defense. Nature: Modest

Also if an opening in the team is there, I might be inclined to put in armaldo but I don't know where it would fit. Any suggestions?

{PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I CAN ONLY HAVE 1 TM OF EACH TYPE SO NO DOUBLING UP ON TMS}

I don't really need advice on movesets seeing as some of those suggested ones for pokemon don't fit in with my plans and gets me frustrated using them, although the ones i have put in as '/' or '?' you can suggest on those, aslo if you feel there is a BIG problem with the team and you could suggest one MUCH better. I would prefer advice on how those 6 work together as a team and whether maybe 1 or 2 could be replaced with more suitable pokemon. Much appreciated, thanks.
I'd start with Nine, doing some annoying crap on opponents. Switch to Cradily/Gardevoir when needed, Cradily when some stupid sweeper is killing you, Gardevoir when some stupid stats boosting moron is boosting its stats. Most probably leave Zangoose for the last, but it won't hurt to send it out earlier anyways. Breloom sweeps for Zangoose whenever Zangoose can't be used.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Andreas Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Andreas Send a message via MSN to Andreas

On Ninetales you can also have:

Ninetales@White herb/Lum berry
Overheat
Sunny day
Will o wisp
Attract/Confuse ray

Credit goes to Pidgeot79
Old 03-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket

Swampert - I prefer this set. Curse, Refresh, Hidden Power *Flying*, and Earthquake @ Quick Claw. Grass pose more threat than a Flying Type, so go with Hidden Power *Flying*. Refresh is for Poison and Burn that is one of the factor for an unsuccessful Sweeper. Quick Claw is to give Swampert Sweeper's Speed. Max Attack, and split EPs on HP and Special Defense. Adamant Nature.

Cradily - Go with Boltage's second Cradily's set. HP Grass for more PP though.

Breloom - Not Hidden Power *Rock*, but Ghost which are immune to Focus Punch. Leech Seed is also sort of sucky on Breloom. Go with Mach Punch. Breloom can outrun a decent amount of pogeys, so max it's Speed and Attack. Give the remaining 6 EPs in HP. Quick Claw is also a good alternative item, which will allow Breloom a quick Spore.

Zangoose - Definately this over Exploud. It's high Attack and Speed, with Immunity is Sweeper proof. Attach Liechi Berry, he has Quick Attack.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Use what boltAge suggested for Swampy.

Give Cradily@leftovers Amnesia, Recover, Toxic, and Rock Slide. Evs into HP and the defenses.

Breloom@Leftovers/Quick Claw/Lum Berry, give it Spore, Hidden Power:Ghost/Flying, Leech Seed/Giga Drain, and Focus Punch. EVs into Attack and Speed, make it Jolly or Adamant.

Ninetails@Leftovers
-Grudge
-Flamethrower
-Safeguard
-Faint Attack/WoW

or

@White Herb
-Hidden Power:Grass
-Confuse Ray
-Overheat
-WoW

Max out attack and speed EVs. Timid nature.

Boltage's Zangoose plz. Thats what I use. No Salac, because that is FrLg ;[

Gardevoir@leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Reflect/WoW
-Psychic
-Hidden Power:Fire

Make him slightly tankish with Reflect. WoW to HAX DDers. HP Fire for the fugly Steels, like Metagross.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:34 PM
_DarkCharizard_ Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to _DarkCharizard_

Swampert- water/ground
EQ
Surf
Icebeam
Brickbreak?

ahh..... common mistake that drives me mad there. Ice Beam and Earthquake cover the same types as Surf, super-effective wise. So you can drop surf if you like. If you are looking for it to be used as a physical sweeper (at the moment yours will split EVs - another mistake, IMO) then go with the ms I use:

Refresh
Earthquake
HP Flying
Curse

thats so long as you can get HP flying! Good luck!

-DC-

Old 03-23-2004, 06:56 PM
AltariaTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AltariaTamer

In my own opinion, altho I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to use this set for your ninetales, this is the best set I have found for it, and it works to perfection unless of course you get some idiot using EQ on ya.

-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Fire Spin
-Sunny Day/Attract/ Confuse Ray (I like C.Ray)

With a BOLD nature and ev's in defense or sp. defense, he turns into a VERY annoying pokemon. Fire spin/toxic combo to drain his HP until it's fainted. Also confuse ray adds more to the fun, plus u can really set the opponent ablaze with flamethrower. I used 2 hate ninetales, until I did some strategizing and found this... (My brother hates when I use him, he will always bring out groudon or kyogre to take him out...

I would appreciate it if you would come visit and join my new forum. Click the link below to visit my forum and join today!
Pocket Monsters Underground (PMU)
Old 03-23-2004, 07:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

One isn't an idiot for using Earthquake. Rather, one is smart to use Earthquake. And something more annoying on Ninetails is Grudge. Seeing a Swampert with no more Earthquake is priceless.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:33 PM
AltariaTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AltariaTamer

Ninetales will be long gone before using grudge if you are tryin to drop EQ's pp to 0.

I would appreciate it if you would come visit and join my new forum. Click the link below to visit my forum and join today!
Pocket Monsters Underground (PMU)
Old 03-23-2004, 10:14 PM

You would generally only leave Ninetails in if he was going to die anyway. The other 3 moves could be different, but Grudge is standard. And Ninetails generally wouldn't be gone if its purpose is to annoy, then dai and Grudge a good move of an opponent. kthnxbai