Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew
Default Mafia!

Here's a cool game I found, called Mafia.

To start, here is a comprehensive rule guide: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

And some basic rules, for those too lazy to read the above guide. (Taken from FinalGear, which I recently joined)

Quote:
- This game is a day start.
- During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes must be in the form Vote Player. When switching your vote, use unvote to make my job easier. Use bold to make it clear.
- When a player reaches a majority of votes, and holds the majority for 12 hours, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night.
- If day phase is getting nowhere because of the previous rule, I may set a deadline. Then player with most votes will be lynched at the deadline, or if there's a tie or too few votes, then nobody is lynched and night phase begins.
- No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it. No talking at night in the thread.
- I'll give 24 hours for mafia and possible other roles to make their choice. If nothing happens by the deadline, no action follows and day phase begins.
- Once dead, you stop posting. Nothing relevant to the game at least.
- If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
- Try to post at least once every 48 hours. Treat the game as a committment.
- I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time.
- Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc.
- Have fun!

ROLES

This game has one of the following setups, you'll have to figure out yourself which one:

6 Vanilla townies, 1 Doctor, 1 Cop, 3 Mafia
7 Vanilla townies, 1 Cop, 3 Mafia
7 Vanilla townies, 1 Doctor, 3 Mafia
7 Vanilla townies, 4 Mafia

(I removed serial killer this time, will keep it simple).

Vanilla Townie: You've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Mafia: Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if mafia comprises at least 50% of the players left. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched. You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Doctor: You can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day. You may not protect yourself.

Cop: You can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day. You may not investigate yourself.

I also want to say in case any speculation starts, that setup configuration and role assignments were really chosen randomly using randomizer, no human element involved :)

So sign up here, and when we get enough players, I'll randomly choose your roles, and PM you to tell you your roles. Also, voting for the Game Moderator (Me, for this game, and you can volunteer to be Game Mod for the next game) will earn you an Insta-Death.

So, sign up!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:11 PM
KageryuEX Offline

Send a message via AIM to KageryuEX
Default Re: Mafia!

ok I think I got what the game is about,I'll join!^^
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Nobody XIII Offline
Amateur Trainer

Sounds a little confusing at first but I'll sign up for it.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody XIII View Post
Sounds a little confusing at first but I'll sign up for it.
Don't worry. I'm still trying to comprehend the rules too.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Nobody XIII Offline
Amateur Trainer

After reading one game of it on that forum you said earlier, (I'm surprised that the forum was based on Top Gear), it seems that like the guide mentioned, you vote for who you think is in such group (townie, mafia etc) and vote for them to get lynched at night. But it seems that it is possible to persuade people into voting for someone and getting people to be suspicious of one another. Example from one of the games.

"Right now, ----- is the only one to seem scummy. Mafia would've moved in for a quick kill and throw is into Lylo by now, I'm sure. Unless they're trying to play it safe for another day, which is possible."
Old 08-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody XIII View Post
After reading one game of it on that forum you said earlier, (I'm surprised that the forum was based on Top Gear), it seems that like the guide mentioned, you vote for who you think is in such group (townie, mafia etc) and vote for them to get lynched at night. But it seems that it is possible to persuade people into voting for someone and getting people to be suspicious of one another. Example from one of the games.

"Right now, ----- is the only one to seem scummy. Mafia would've moved in for a quick kill and throw is into Lylo by now, I'm sure. Unless they're trying to play it safe for another day, which is possible."
Actually, it goes like this.

Townies: each townie votes for who they think is a mafiascum, and they are clueless as to who is which. If someone (townie or mafia) gets the majority of votes, they have 12 hours to appeal (lose enough votes), or they get lynched. Townies and mafiascum can all be lynched. After a lynch, the lynched players position is revealed and the game goes into a night stage. Their goal is to kill all the mafia.

Mafia: Know who each other mafia members are. Can vote strategically to confuse the townies. During a night stage, the mafia choose another gamer to be killed, and PM the Game Mod their choice. They have 24 hours to do so. Their goal is to account for at least 50% of the town's population, at which point, they win.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:03 AM
aceb22bro Offline
Amateur Trainer

actually it's called werewolf , i learned how to host it on speedio come play!!!!! clicky!!!

pm me to get your pics shoopified

Last edited by aceb22bro; 08-12-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:20 AM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceb22bro View Post
hey, i played a game like this at speedio called werewolf, it is the same thing as mafia, except it os not on forums, it is on chat
Well do you wanna join or not?

Edit: Please don't advertise on my thread unless you want me to advertise on yours.

Last edited by Blue_Dragon_Mew; 08-14-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Sorry for the double post but, does anyone else wanna join so we can start the game?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Anala Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Anala

Hah. I'll join. I didn't have to read the rules on this because I already play this at my summer camp. :P

Banette
Done!
Done!
Level 100: 539
Soul Silver FC: 4039 8412 2704