Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-16-2007, 04:18 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Im' all for reserving... If you'll at least start the grade the same day.

My issue is with people who say "Reserved, but I won't grade it for the next few days."

When there are lots of graders, as we luckily have at the moment thanks to the new ones who took the test... This is kinda unfair to the writers. Yes, in slow times, it's a way to let them know they're getting a grade... But in fast ones, if it's gonna be a few days before you can grade, I think you oughta leave it unreserved. ^^: If you are grading and don't want to see the story done by someone else at that time, cool, then by all means, reserve it. Just don't reserve it if you can't grade it for a while, y'know?
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #17  
Old 08-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
I think SOME limit is important... But the current limits mean I can't even trade one story pokemon for another, if I get tired of something I have. =\ And how is THAT fair?
I though Trading Story for story was leagal (w/e the spelling of that is)?
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


  #18  
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 AM
Smurf's Avatar
Smurf Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Mushroom in the Smurf Forest
Posts: 1,544
Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

I really want to cover the beginning of Scott's post before I go on.

Quote:
I'll make this point short.

-You're not a good debater. Because simply put, debates are not personal, they're talking about facts and opinions. And if you can't "debate" without trying to make the whole deal into a flame war, I'll just delete your post. 'Nuff said.

-That said, there is a reason that Carly and I are mods. It's not because we're some "pansy" idiots, you know, we actually do know what we're talking about. So you have a varying opinion, fine, I for one thrive on them, but being arrogant and acting like your own opinion is above everyone elses is plain ol' insulting me, and I never was one for being insulted.
Scott, I respect you. Make that known before I begin. I do not tolerate being told I am a bad debater, though, no matter who you are. Let me simply point out that was exactly what FFK was doing while debating this. She took the things from her point of view, she spoke for everyone through herself, and that is not a debate. The bit I gave you about Kingdra was simply an example and if you don't take that as part of a debate then disregard it.

I never spoke to you as a "pansy idiot," either. However, where I DID call her a "pansy" was where she presented herself to be, in my opinion, a lazy battler. If you don't want competition then get out of the URPG. This is a place of friendly competition, not easy battles. If you can't handle the competition then get off the forum and go play your D/P version and battle vs seeker trainers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post

That graders don't like letting stories sit. Also, some WON'T let them sit, because they want to be paid. =) More grading = more pay, and then the older grades get pissy about it. =p
Do you realize how much of a hyocrite you just made yourself look like? If they want the money then they should stop complaining.

Quote:
Anyone under 3 months is, in my mind, a newbie. And I believe that some of them DO ref. =) Also, keep in mind that compared to some of the members who've been around for a very long time, people who are under a year may seem like newbies, and yes, some of them ref. =)
Then your idea of a newbie is quite different from mine, not to mention many peoples. Simply because someone hasn't been around as long as you does not mean that they are a newbie or a n00b. I've been around for five years, and though you haven't been aruond nearly that long I've never looked at you like either. Until your next comment, at least.


Quote:
I don't mean competition in that they don't want to be beat by newer people, anyway. xD Just that they don't like to work very hard to write for a Porygon, then see a newbie show up and be practically GIVEN one. =) Common sense.

OOh, making it personal? Seems like I struck a nerve with you. =p

Yes, some people don't want the competition. =)
Like I said, then get off the URPG and go battle your Bidoof trainers on D/P.



Quote:
;p Only when I'm debating with people who aren't worth the effort. If it's not in the debate section, then IMHO, it's not a serious debate. It's something than can be taken as a joke, because let's face it, if they're gonna change this they will, and if not, they won't. Why waste breath arguing something seriously? ^_^
If you are trying to make and defend your point, then you try regardless of your clouded opinion of the person. The URPG Courts ARE the debate section, if you failed to realize that.


Quote:
I write or trade for almost everything I own, and that's about 70 Pokemon in the span of 6 months, so I'm hardly slacking off. I simply want to be able to trade some of those away. You don't seem to understand the restrictions. See, trading away a Pokemon you obtained in a story is what is being restricted. Meaning, I can't write for Pokemon and then trade them to other people. It has nothing to do with not being able to get people to write for me. xD I write my own stuff, kthx!
I understand perfectly well what's being restricted, my right to trade what pokemon I earn for and to whoever I wish to, however many times I wish to. You make yourself look even more childish and stupid when you add things like "orly" and "kthx," and Scott calls me the bad debater.


[quote]
I'd love to be able to write 3-4 Horsea and trade them off to people like you, for pokemart things with TMs. That's what this rule is preventing, and that's why I dislike it.[quote]

If you're on the same side as me why are you aruging with me?

Quote:
Personally, I think both people earned it. The mods who MADE the rule don't, thus why the rule is in place. You're taking my side and insisting I'm wrong... Reading comprehension issues, eh?

Actually, sweety, my entire point is that people like you HAVE earned it, and thus that they shouldn't be restricted from being able to trade for things like that Kingdra.
I saw something you posted and disagreed with it, simple as that.


Quote:
Hun, go ask DU, the one who made it. >_>; The rule was made because they didn't like how much stuff I was trading off. Even newbs can have a large effect on the URPG, and it's hardly an imhuman pace. I write at other sites where that sort of speed is considered the norm. People here just... Er... Well, 'take their time', shall we say.

>_>; I don't make crap up to look important. Since I screwed stuff up, making the rule neccesary, I'm trying to get the rule fixed, since it inconveniences me AND a lot of other people.

People here, actually, are generally younger than the ones you'll find at the sites you speak of. How many twelve year olds do you know who can write a successful capture story in the URPG as many times a month as you did?



Quote:
The rule is, of course, there for a reason. We aren't often for the task of randomly adding on rules, especially when it creates more work for mods.
Times change and some rules should have never been made. Look what happened to our country when we abolished the consumption of alcohol? It was appealed, for good reasons, no matter how bad of an opinion I have on alcohol. If you wish, I can also name several laws that are still in place today but are not enforced for one obvious reason: They're stupid. Not every rule is a good or useful rule.

Quote:
If you want more competition, then go and face LA, or Marth (yes, I know he's gone). Hell, if you want competition, play the DS game online, or NB.
I...do?

Quote:
Also, I don't battle anymore, haven't for a long time, so saying anything about me not wanting tougher battles ... Well, I could care less how good people are at battling, it doesn't affect me at all. But just because you have a fancy strong Pokemon does NOT make you a good battler. I found that out facing Figgy long, long ago.
I really think you've misunderstood who that part of my post was directed to.

Quote:
Writing is PART of the URPG. Whole section to itself last I saw. If you don't want to write, then either take your time with story deals or go ahead and buy one. If you want a stronger Pokemon, then man up and earn it.

Also, even if you battle you make money. Someone could just lose a lot, buy a Pokemon and TM it up, and have a useless Pokemon because they don't know how to use it right. So really, that's that.
Reffing is also part of the URPG, equally as, if not more, important than writing. It's the foundation of the URPG's economy. Without reffing and refs there would be no URPG. It would only be a pokemon fanfiction site without us! Yet, alas, we have no forum deticated soley to reffing as the writers and graders do. Does having your own section on the forum mean anything? No, look at the Pokemon Contest board.

Sometimes you lose, it's a fact. Hell, we don't even need money for the player who loses, but we do it to make things easier and more fair. I honestly have never met someone who has made their URPG career in losses, and I'm pretty sure that that's never been done. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

We have rules preventing the earning of easy money in place already. Look at the OHKO debates in the court already going on, we're trying to actually make them stronger.
  #19  
Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
I though Trading Story for story was leagal (w/e the spelling of that is)?
Until now, it wasn't, that was the issue! ^^: And only the same 'tier' is okay. So I can trade Abra for Horsea.


But if my Abra evolves, they're different 'tiers' since Kadabra's harder to write for, and that's no longer a non-story-deal! D=


Quote:
took the things from her point of view, she spoke for everyone through herself, and that is not a debate.
It wasn't MEANT to be a debate.

I was pointing out a problem and asking someone to fix it. That's not a debate. ^_~ You tried to make it one. However, you can't seem to make a point, so instead, you misread, spout random things, and then insult people.


Quote:
However, where I DID call her a "pansy" was where she presented herself to be, in my opinion, a lazy battler.
A lazy battler? ^_~ My wanting to be able to trade the excess things I write makes me lazy? Ohkayy... We're living in our own little world, aren't we?


Quote:
If you don't want competition then get out of the URPG.
Honey, I DO want competition. My point was that the stupid rule was made to PREVENT competitoin, and that that is why the rule is baddd. Okay?

I'm saying the same thing as you- competition is good, story deals should be encouraged or at LEAST allowed, so that competition flourishes. So what's your issue?


Quote:
Do you realize how much of a hyocrite you just made yourself look like? If they want the money then they should stop complaining.
Sweetie, if I was one of those graders, you might have a point. However, I'm the one saying they are being unwise, and that they should either take the money, or put up and shut up. I'm trying to prove the same point as you. (However, since I can't grade my own stories, I can't very well just grade all that stuff and stop the complaining, now can I?) Kindly direct your whining at the people who aren't on the same side as you.

Quote:
Then your idea of a newbie is quite different from mine, not to mention many peoples.
Now who is talking for others? ;)

Quote:
Simply because someone hasn't been around as long as you does not mean that they are a newbie or a n00b.
A new person is a newbie.
An idiot is a n00b.
What planet do you live on?

Quote:
Like I said, then get off the URPG and go battle your Bidoof trainers on D/P.
Honey, I want the rule repealed to CREATE more competition.

Did you not notice that I said "This is why the rule exists- people fear competition- and fearing competition is bad"? >_>;

Again, I stated my views- that story deals should be allowed.
Then I stated the views of other people- that they let people get good 'mon too quickly, 'cause competition, etc- and stated that I disagree with them.


Quote:
If you are trying to make and defend your point, then you try regardless of your clouded opinion of the person. The URPG Courts ARE the debate section, if you failed to realize that.
I meant pe2k's debate section. ;p I take this area far less seriously.

Quote:
I understand perfectly well what's being restricted, my right to trade what pokemon I earn for and to whoever I wish to, however many times I wish to.
Exactly.
I want that restriction lifted.
So, what is your problem? =D I'm arguing the same thing as you- the restriction is bad and should be lifted, or made less strict. Did you not notice that my post suggested loosening the rule to allow more trading? xD

Quote:
If you're on the same side as me why are you aruging with me?
xD Because you attacked me and accused me of wanting to restrict your trades?
I made this thread to try to get the story deal rule changed to allow more trades, or removed entirely if possible.

When I said the thing about it creating competitoin, I meant that that was why OTHERS had made the rule, and that I thought that that was a stupid thing to do. That is THEIR reason for the rule,and I think it is a poor one. You don't seem to realize that I agree that the rule is bad- I was simply stating why I thought the rule had been made, so I could find an argument against that to get it taken off!

Quote:
I saw something you posted and disagreed with it, simple as that.
...
I posted that the competition-hating was the opinion of the people who made the rule.
I said I disagreed with that.
I didn't make the rule! I fought it, because it restricted my trades, but I lost. Now I'm trying again.


Quote:
People here, actually, are generally younger than the ones you'll find at the sites you speak of. How many twelve year olds do you know who can write a successful capture story in the URPG as many times a month as you did?
Several, but they aren't here. =( They are on other sites.

Quote:
Times change and some rules should have never been made.
Exactly.
Well, I think a rule saying that a person can't trade over, say, 15 story Pokemon a month might be okay. ^^: But what we have now is wayyyy too strict.
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 08-16-2007 at 04:55 AM.
  #20  
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Iridium's Avatar
Iridium Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: India
Posts: 4,712
Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Yeah, that is starting to get to me as well. If you're not going to grade the story within at least a few hours after reserving it, then I don't think you should do it at all. I expect Pokelord to yell at me about this soon.
I wasn't going to yell at you. I intended to do it yesterday, but there was something really important that prevented me from doing so, as I said in the story thread.
__________________


<3
  #21  
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

IMOP: I thought a story deal was when someone asked someone to write for something. Then the other person offered up a Pokemon for the trade. I always write Pokemon for myself. Never do story deals. However, a lot of my Pokemon are from stories. I am cheap. Plus, I am trying to become a better writer. Thus, I guess every time I trade a Pokemon that I don't buy it is a story deal. Humm... that doesn't sound quite right. There should be some exceptions.

I have story Pokemon from stories I wrote from when I started so if I traded them would they be story trades? I never planned on trading them. Thus, I made no deal when writing them. I just don't need them or want them any more. lol Just wanting some clarification. Thnx. All of mine are even evolved now too so now they are of different writing tiers and have TMs. lol
__________________
| VPP | URPG |
  #22  
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
IMOP: I thought a story deal was when someone asked someone to write for something. Then the other person offered up a Pokemon for the trade. I always write Pokemon for myself. Never do story deals. However, a lot of my Pokemon are from stories. I am cheap. Plus, I am trying to become a better writer. Thus, I guess every time I trade a Pokemon that I don't buy it is a story deal. Humm... that doesn't sound quite right. There should be some exceptions.

I have story Pokemon from stories I wrote from when I started so if I traded them would they be story trades? I never planned on trading them. Thus, I made no deal when writing them. I just don't need them or want them any more. lol Just wanting some clarification. Thnx. All of mine are even evolved now too so now they are of different writing tiers and have TMs. lol
Yep, it would be a story deal still, thanks to the rule.
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #23  
Old 08-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Yep, it would be a story deal still, thanks to the rule.
Now that does seem odd. lol
__________________
| VPP | URPG |
  #24  
Old 08-16-2007, 10:15 PM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
Now that does seem odd. lol
Exactly. ;)

There are only 16 Pokemart things I still want, anyway... So I'm hoping this stupid rule can just be removed anyway. I mean, hell, once I do thse 16 deals, I'm retiring from story deals for good.
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #25  
Old 08-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

I understand, mostly now. However, I can see why the rule is in place. He doesn't want tons of story deals to flood the forums. Could there not be a compromise? Like,

1.) A story-mon over a month old traded to another person would no longer be considered under a story deal.

2.) When trading story-mons as long as they are no more than 1 tier different it will not be considered a story deal.

just a thought. May not make much of a difference. I dunno.. Kinda new to the trading thing. However, like I stated before I write to improve my skill. If I don't want a Pokemon anymore I'd like to just trade it. It would probably be a month or two down the road for me. To tell you the truth. Thus, how is that a deal of any kind. I did not say hey if you buy me or write for me this Pokemon I'll do this for you. Actually this makes me think rule two may be considered a story deal as well. Dunno...DU needs to key on this again.
__________________
| VPP | URPG |
  #26  
Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
I understand, mostly now. However, I can see why the rule is in place. He doesn't want tons of story deals to flood the forums. Could there not be a compromise? Like,

1.) A story-mon over a month old traded to another person would no longer be considered under a story deal.

2.) When trading story-mons as long as they are no more than 1 tier different it will not be considered a story deal.

just a thought. May not make much of a difference. I dunno.. Kinda new to the trading thing. However, like I stated before I write to improve my skill. If I don't want a Pokemon anymore I'd like to just trade it. It would probably be a month or two down the road for me. To tell you the truth. Thus, how is that a deal of any kind. I did not say hey if you buy me or write for me this Pokemon I'll do this for you. Actually this makes me think rule two may be considered a story deal as well. Dunno...DU needs to key on this again.


Here are my thoughts/suggestions:


If story mon are the same tier, it is not a story deal. If they are one tier different, it is not a story deal, but if you do a lot of these a month, you'll be told to moderate it a bit

A pokemon over 2 months old is not a 'story deal', and may be traded off freely (Because no one has the patience to wait 2 months for a story deal, tbh... People get pissy at me if I don't get something in the same month, let alone waiting 2 whole months to be able to get their 'mon!)

A pokemon that has been in more than 35 battles may be traded freely regardless of story status, provided NONE of these are OHKOs. Why? 'Cause this shows you wrote it for yourself, gave it a fair try, and changed your mind about wanting it. So why not get to trade it off?

A story for an auction 'mon should not really count as a story deal... Both people have a Pokemon you can't just get at the Pokemart, so trading them for each other is really very much like trading similar tier Story pokemon for each other.
__________________

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.



I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
  #27  
Old 08-17-2007, 04:22 AM
Rpgraccoon's Avatar
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 663
Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon
Default Re: Story reserving / deals/ whatever

Well you know this topic way better than me sounds good to me. humm.. If not DU could teak it a bit then there we go. Give and take is how to get things done. The rule is DU's baby thus he needs to be in on this as well. However, after he looks this over I don't see how this could not work. It still keeps story deals down. However, it allows for old story Pokemon that did not planned to be traded to be traded. Also, it would allow for people who didn't really want to trade there story Pokemon to trade their story Pokemon. Makes since to me.

Well I hope was helpful. I with my fresh perspective. Hopefully my ideas don't die here as they do in other places. Just cause I lean one way doesn't mean I object completely to the other. I understand both of your view points. I still believe compromise is your best bet here.

Good Luck FFK & DU Hope to see a reply from you soon.
__________________
| VPP | URPG |
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com