Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Lack of graders

Ooh... You talked back to the almighty Umbreon...

Anyways, I'm eager to do them, so there! I'm just worried that I won't be able to do harder grades. I guess it just comes with practice.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
I'd hardly say that I'm hogging them as they've been left alone for over two weeks. Nobody else seems all that eager to take them, so it's not really hogging.
Plus I've seen other Graders do it.

Either way, the idea of doing that, for me personally is that not only does it constantly remind me that I owe grades for these people and it'll push me to do them faster, but also tells THEM that they can expect a grade soon. And I'm sure they'd like to know this since they've been waiting for their captures for so effing long. >>
Wouldn't grading on the spot be a more effective way to deal with the stories?
I mean, we graders are employed by the grace of the writers. So, if you can't grade now, either wait till you can or let someone else grade.

I would not mind you calling dibs if we had like a few stories left to grade, but with this much ungraded stories, I see no use for it.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm no newbie to this whole commenting on stories thing, so I think I can handle the whopping three stories I reserved.
Thanks for the sarcasm, but as you can obviously read, I didn't specify a number. I said a lot, which can range from 2 to 2000.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Mods are people, too, djax. Why, come on over to SPPf into one of my sections- then you can call me almighty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN
Wouldn't grading on the spot be a more effective way to deal with the stories?
*frowns* Like with when I review, I tend to type on Microsoft Word, sometimes saving the text onto said program so I have access to it even when the forum isn't working or my internet is being stubborn, so I really don't even grade them on the spot anyway.

But in any case, like I said it's just a way to remind myself who I owe grades to, and to tell the people who've been waiting for ages that their story won't have to rot for much longer. Personally, I just don't see the harm in it.

Quote:
I mean, we graders are employed by the grace of the writers. So, if you can't grade now, either wait till you can or let someone else grade.
I never said that I couldn't grade at all or not for another week; I just couldn't grade at that moment because I had things to attend to. I ought to be able to grade the three stories I reserved by the end of the day either way.

Also, nobody else showed any interest in grading these two-week old stories, plus there's plenty more for them anyway (but as far as I can tell it's not a competition), so what's the harm in just posting in them? Again, personally, I can't see it being such a bad thing.

Quote:
I would not mind you calling dibs if we had like a few stories left to grade, but with this much ungraded stories, I see no use for it.
I don't think I was clear when I said this, but the post is to remind me, not to ward off others. Remind me and tell the writer that they don't have to wait much longer, which is always pleasant to know after waiting so long. imo, at least, as that's how I felt when UmBreon posted in my story telling me she'd grade it soon. I'd thought nobody was going to review up until then.

Quote:
Thanks for the sarcasm, but as you can obviously read, I didn't specify a number. I said a lot, which can range from 2 to 2000.

-]DU[-
Yeah, but I only posted in three. Reserving more than five at any one time is, imo, biting off more than you can chew. Unless you can handle that many stories, of course.

I'm sorry if this bothers people, I just never saw a rule against it, unless I've not been looking hard enough (very possible, as I didn't expect it to be met with such nagativity). It just seems like a perfectly harmless act, especially if no other Graders show an interest in taking care of the older stories, anyway. They were just rotting.

~Psychic
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Mods are people, too, djax. Why, come on over to SPPf into one of my sections- then you can call me almighty.
Psy, that was a joke. Please just chill out.

Can you two please get along? It makes me cry to see people fight... =(
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-12-2007, 09:39 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Quote:
*frowns* Like with when I review, I tend to type on Microsoft Word, sometimes saving the text onto said program so I have access to it even when the forum isn't working or my internet is being stubborn, so I really don't even grade them on the spot anyway.

But in any case, like I said it's just a way to remind myself who I owe grades to, and to tell the people who've been waiting for ages that their story won't have to rot for much longer. Personally, I just don't see the harm in it.
Look, maybe I wasn't putting what I meant in clear enough words. There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting: I'm gonna grade this. I'll edit this post when I'm ready, if you are in the process of reading and grading that story.

The thing which bothers me, is that the "I call dibs" posts were used as a grader repellent other than only telling the writer that the story is being graded. I could barge into a thread, post that I was grading it, and I could take my time writing out the grade, especially with long ones, without having to worry about another grader coming in.

Quote:
I never said that I couldn't grade at all or not for another week; I just couldn't grade at that moment because I had things to attend to. I ought to be able to grade the three stories I reserved by the end of the day either way.

Also, nobody else showed any interest in grading these two-week old stories, plus there's plenty more for them anyway (but as far as I can tell it's not a competition), so what's the harm in just posting in them? Again, personally, I can't see it being such a bad thing.
Well, if they're not taken, why post that you're going to grade them. Do one at a time, since obviously, as you suggest, you will still be able to grade the other two by the time you finish the first one. We have a lack of graders, so stories won't get graded that fast.

Quote:
I'm sorry if this bothers people, I just never saw a rule against it, unless I've not been looking hard enough (very possible, as I didn't expect it to be met with such nagativity). It just seems like a perfectly harmless act, especially if no other Graders show an interest in taking care of the older stories, anyway. They were just rotting.
I believe Jack said something about it way back when there was a bit of abuse on reserving stories. I'm just trying to prevent a flood of reservations, cause I'd rather have 10 people grading all the stories really fast, rather then a few grading all the stories slower. It's not fair to the writers.

-]DU[-

Old 08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
You have it right sort of. What I mean is that its easier to make a good grade for a longer story. Shorter stories obviously have less length, and thats the majority we see, and its pretty hard (for me at least) to make a really good grade on "Jimmy goes to the forest and sees Caterpie" kind of story. :/
Well, I find that those kinds of stories require the most thoughts and criticism from graders... I do see where you are coming from, though. I cannot tell you how many of those stories I have graded, and just how many times I have had to say the same things about them over and over again. =/

EDIT: wtf arguments
Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Well, I find that those kinds of stories require the most thoughts and criticism from graders... I do see where you are coming from, though. I cannot tell you how many of those stories I have graded, and just how many times I have had to say the same things about them over and over again. =/

EDIT: wtf arguments
Criticism and advice are easy, its trying to get an in-depth grade for a short story thats extremely hard. Like you, when I grade, mostly I say the exact same thing. And with the bonus system that graders have, its hard to do better, since they can be explained in two sentences.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:56 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

._. I took 8 stories once a while ago, did them all quickly in a row, and had no complaints... From other graders, or the people who I ended up editing in grades for.

Eesh, if people are fighting over reserving stories, we must have more than enough graders now. ;p

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
._. I took 8 stories once a while ago, did them all quickly in a row, and had no complaints... From other graders, or the people who I ended up editing in grades for.

Eesh, if people are fighting over reserving stories, we must have more than enough graders now. ;p
What's next, battling over who grades a story? ;P

Though I really don't see how reserving stories is bad. It's just when you start doing about 10 that you biting off more then you can chew.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:23 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Sigh...

Sorry for seeing grading as a way to help others instead of a way to fatten my bank account.

I'd rather have people doing one story at a time, with a lot of graders, than a few doing everything all around the place. Though, while I don't have anything against reserving like a couple of stories, I don't want anyone to go overboard and hurt themselves. Mainly because such reservations repel other graders.

Oh well, I'll just keep an eye out for mass mayhem.

-]DU[-

Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

I've figured out how I can grade more stories.

Today when I go to work, I'm going to be in Box Office selling movie tickets so, I'll have time to read and write down grades for stories.

That's one way I can grade. Another is that I've made a list of what I want to do at certain times of the day. I've made a 2 hour slot for nothing but URPG story grading.

I'll probably get only one story done today and that's Psychic's. I promised her I'd grade it today and I will. But starting tomorrow, I'll be sure to grade at least 2 more stories. That way I'm not overloading myself and I can get grading done.

=^^= Nya
Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 AM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

I think I'll to become a grader; I;ll send the quiz or test to whoever over the weekend. If I past I'll try to fet at least one grade very day.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net
Old 08-19-2007, 04:46 AM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
Sigh...

Sorry for seeing grading as a way to help others instead of a way to fatten my bank account.

I'd rather have people doing one story at a time, with a lot of graders, than a few doing everything all around the place. Though, while I don't have anything against reserving like a couple of stories, I don't want anyone to go overboard and hurt themselves. Mainly because such reservations repel other graders.

Oh well, I'll just keep an eye out for mass mayhem.

-]DU[-
Feel free to grade one of mine then. I tell every grader to look at mine thoughtfully. Yes, we need more graders. However, that is only because there is no other way to trade story Pokemon without writing. I love to write for myself. lol, I have Pokemon in my stats that I thought I would never trade. However, I don't see myself getting rid of them that easily even if I had them 2-3 moths with the current trade deal rule. I don't make deals sigh. I write to become a better writer.

Please, if you see one of my stories. It may not be that great but look over it. I tend to rewrite my stories a lot as it helps my writing skills improve.

I learned a lot from Scott, FFK, Galleon & Meg. That has helped me out greatly in my writing hopefully I can get some more helpful input.