Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:50 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default US confirmed

don't know if it's been posted but from ign:

Quote:
Pokemon Red/Green US Bound
Yeah, it's a no-brainer. But Nintendo finally, indirectly, confirms it.

http://[img]http://ad.doubleclick.ne...img]Click HereMarch 04, 2004 - At the DICE Summit in Vegas today, Perrin Kaplan, vice president of marketing and corporate communications of Nintendo revealed indirectly that the company is prepping to release the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green games in the US.

It was in the "Targeting Tomorrow's Consumer Today" roundtable with Tony Kee of Ubisoft, Peter Dille of THQ, and Chip Lange of Electronic Arts where Kaplan made mention of the incredible success of the Pokemon franchise. She spoke of how the two games have cracked the two million mark in Japan, and that these games "should do very well here," noting that Nintendo of America has these two titles in sight for a North American release.

Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green are the latest in the series of Pokemon RPG titles on the GBA, essentially updated releases of the original Pokemon Blue and Red titles launched on the black-and-white Game Boy a half decade ago. -- Craig Harris

are in full_ign_ratings_box.jsp --Frank -->

Old 03-06-2004, 01:08 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: US confirmed

In October 2003, George Harrison, senior vice president of Nintendo of America very breifly touched on the subject in an interview:
"It's called Red/Green in Japan, but it'll be Red/Blue over here."

Here's the complete part of that interview:
EGM: So do you think there will be a new iteration of the GBA technology before we see Nintendo's "real" next-generation handheld?

George: Well, I can't really comment on that, but you're going to see some innovations before the PSP even arrives. The wireless adapter that'll be coming with the next Pokemon -- it's called Red/Green in Japan, but it'll be Red/Blue over here -- allows for using a Motorola wireless unit to feature stress-free multiplayer action, the sort of thing that was tethered by a cable before. We've seen people make some initiatives on video in the Game Boy; that probably won't make this holiday, but we're pretty confident it will come in 2004. So we're already working on a lot of things that are being passed around as potential features for the PSP. We think we're more than prepared to compete.

It's hard to say whether or not it will changed from Fire Red/Leaf Green to Fire Red/(something) Blue (probably Water Blue). He only touched on it briefly, as in, one line. We have no official announcement on that, so we have to wait and see how it plays out.

I don't think there was any doubt that the new games will be released in the US. Ruby/Sapphire came in as the second and third best selling games of the year in 2003. I'm sure Nintendo wants to make more money, heh.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar

Lol that's true. Let's hope it won't take that long for getting the game to come here. I mean look at Fire Emblem, so it wouldn't take long. BTW Fire Emblem is so popular that people demand to get the next one.:P
Old 03-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

Hmm... very true. I hope the games come out here in the U.S soon this year. No one can wait to play FR / LG on their GBAs. Specially me. I have already planned my team for the upcoming games and things I will do first.

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 03-07-2004, 12:59 AM
otikeu Offline
New Trainer

I can't visit the site! Can someone give me a link???????? (in text form only...please)

PEACE
Attached Images
File Type: gif signature.gif (17.6 KB, 219 views)

Gaming Hybrid
www.gaminghybrid.com
Old 03-11-2004, 12:08 AM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to GreenF!reR@ge

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE GAMES TO COME OUT!!! I already know the some pokemon I want and I already know what version I wan't to get!!

The pokemon version I want is Leaf Green and here are some pkmn I want:
*Magmar
*Mantine
*Sneasel
*Kangiskan
*Syther & Scizor
*and ALOT more!!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 12:22 AM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

Yes, I was right! If anyone read my thread "Fire Red/Water Blue" thread, they will now know that I was correct in saying that it won't be Leaf Green. I may be jumping ahead of myself here but now that it has been confirmed, someone should change this board to "Game Boy Games: Fire Red/Water Blue".
Old 03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

Hmmm.....Still, we should wait till water blue acctualy comes out before we change everything.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Jirachi Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'm glad.I was scared it might not come to the US.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:23 AM
DoomDesire Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DoomDesire
Angry Re: US confirmed

O well I guess Ill be gettign FR and Not LG

I caught a shiny Marill today! 3/24/04
Old 03-24-2004, 01:59 AM
Suicune Offline
Amateur Trainer

Thats good news
Old 03-24-2004, 06:06 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi
I'm glad.I was scared it might not come to the US.
Kindly don't bring up threads more than 1 week old, kthx.

Well, the recent news already reports Fire Red and Leaf Green/Blue MAY be released around late August or so, since I'm not gonna buy it, I won't comment much anymore
Old 03-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Well, people, if you want to play some FrLg, play on the BOTS or on Netbattle.