Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:39 AM
pokemaniacs Offline
New Trainer

Wink Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Games

I am in my teens and new to the amazing Pokemon world. I have been in it since Pokemon Diamond/Pearl were released on April 22 in North America. I have been doing a lot of research on different aspects of Pokemon. I put together a list of the 5 best selling Pokemon games. What you may notice that is that Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow are grouped together; but, others are not grouped with the follow-up games (Crystal and Emerald). I am sure that some people think that it is rather skewed to do that. There are a few reasons for that.

first reason: Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow were the ONLY three (or four if you count Green in Japan) games made for the original 8 bit Gameboy system.

second reason: Pokemon Red & Blue and Pokemon Yellow came out at some point in the same month and same year in different parts of the world. From a global viewpoint, it is appropriate to group them.

third reason: Only a few upgrades were made in Yellow and are very unnoticeable except for Pikachu following you around in Yellow; whereas, you can see marked differences and many upgrades in Crystal and Emerald as compared to Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire.

5 best selling Pokemon games of all time on worldwide sales

(1) Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow ----------- 46.01 million units sold
(note: Red/Blue released in September 1998 in North America and Yellow in September 1998 in Japan)

(2) Pokemon Gold/Silver ----------------- 23.10 million units sold

(3) Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire ------------- 15.15 million units sold

(4) Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen -------- 10.13 million units sold

(5) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl ------------- 10 million units sold

My post here is NOT to debate on whether it is fair to group Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow together. I have recently heard that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl have just reached the milestone of 10 million units sold worldwide since their release in Japan last September.

My question is "Do you think Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will be able to outsell Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or even Pokemon Gold/Silver worldwide ?"
Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 AM
akatsuki9 Offline
Banned

Default Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

diamnd and pearl will out the other games because i know peaple that completly hate pokemon and have it and love it
Old 08-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Hazmat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Hazmat
Default Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

I definately think D/P will out pass a couple of the other games.
I mean, according to someone else, it hasn't even come out in the UK.
(correct me if i'm wrong)
And the UK is huggggeeeeee about Pokemon.

- VPP - URPG - Comatose - ROFL -

- Paired with Bulletangel Forever -
Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

I think its gonna outsell FR/LG for sure and maybe R/S/E but not G/S/C or R/B/Y

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
evil raquaza Offline
Master Trainer

i dont know why.
i just prefer old games with crappy graphic,
instead of trendy games with super graphic.
yellow beats D/P.

hmm..the word"classic" or "original"
might suit in here.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:44 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

The old games have also been out for longer. When you want to play pokemon and there are only three games to buy, you buy them.

I prefer the old games but you can't deny that D/P are very popular.
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
I think its gonna outsell FR/LG for sure and maybe R/S/E but not G/S/C or R/B/Y
Agreed. The classics will always look down to the advanced generation in terms of sales.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Pokemon R/B/Y owns, man. Team consisting of of lvl. 100 Magikarp: owns yer socks.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:10 PM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to wad11656 Send a message via Yahoo to wad11656

About all that grouping junk...uhh...Red/Blue/Yellow are grouped together in some cases, and sometimes they're not...it's just because Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald were released AFTER those other ones...and they have improvements made on them, so they're pretty different...whatever...

Tons of people who used to not know about Pokemon or hated it or lost interest in it after the R/B/Y decade are now playing D/P, so I believe they will eventually surpass Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FR/LG in sales, but probably not Gold, Silver, Crystal, Red, Blue, or Yellow.

Awesome Kids Pokemon!
Join the best unnoficial, unnoficial Pokemon site on the web, and join the forums!

Supporter of the RULES

~*I miss the Johto Games and wish they'd re-make them for the DS. If you think so too, put this in your Sig.
Started by emerald suicune*~
Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 AM
gamefreakabc Offline
New Trainer

Angry Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad11656 View Post
About all that grouping junk...uhh...Red/Blue/Yellow are grouped together in some cases, and sometimes they're not...it's just because Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald were released AFTER those other ones...and they have improvements made on them, so they're pretty different...whatever...
I agree and disagree on the quote above. I mean, I agree that Crystal and Emerald are different from Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire because the improvements are significant.
I disagree that Yellow is different from Red/Blue. I mean, when you turn on all three games and compare them, Red/Blue/Yellow on different Gameboys at the same time, what you see is the same route map because there are almost no changes in them. Of course, you can see Pikachu in Yellow following you around which is a clear difference;but, you can leave it at the Pokemon Center and never pick it up again. Then, it won't follow you around anymore.
Also, the quote mentions Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald released after other games which is mainly true. But, pokemaniacs that posted his topic CLEARLY SAID THAT RED/BLUE AND YELLOW WERE RELEASED IN THE SAME MONTH AND SAME YEAR IN NORTH AMERICA AND JAPAN RESPECTIVELY. You can see his note in brackets underneath the sales figure of Red/Blue/Yellow.

SorrrrrrrrrRRRRRRyyyyy for going off-topic............

Back on topic, there is no way Diamond/Pearl will outshine Red/Blue/Yellow. These classic games' sales mark would be too difficult to beat. I would be shocked if Diamond/Pearl could beat Gold/Silver. I think Diamond/Pearl will end up third on the list.

yeh......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Yeah Crystal, Emerald and Yellow were realsed later but they
Werent realised long after the originals of that generation
Had a similar story
Had similar graphics
And were in the the same region

It seems that about a year or so a new game of that same generation so i wouldnt be surprised if a D/P " update " were made in a year
( again another exuse to not make a G/S/C remake )

Comin back on topic like i said the older games will always be on top of the newer games and this is because the animé was much more popular and the cards were also more popular so Pokémon had more fans and more positive publisity back 8 years ago ( its aleady been that long, wow time DOES fly )

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 PM
pokemon_novice1 Offline
New Trainer

Cool Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl are very popular everywhere.

I AM SURE THAT IF NINTENDO BUNDLES THEM WITH THE NINTENDO DS LITE SYSTEM,
POKEMON RED/BLUE/YELLOW WILL BE KNOCKED OUT OF THE THRONE.

BUT, THIS WILL PROBABILITY TAKE TWO OR THREE YEARS OF BUNDLING TO BEAT THEM.

Somebody should write to Nintendo and ask the president of the company to do that.

Then, we will see D/P on the top to prove that modern Pokemon games are better the classic Pokemon ones.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 AM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon_novice1 View Post

Somebody should write to Nintendo and ask the president of the company to do that.

Then, we will see D/P on the top to prove that modern Pokemon games are better the classic Pokemon ones.
Lies! Classics will win always! Besides, just bundling DP with DS Lites isn't going to give it an automatic 30 Million sales bonus.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 AM
milestone1 Offline
New Trainer

Cool Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon_novice1 View Post

:

I NEVER like classic Pokemon games because they are lame. Their gameplay, sound, and graphics are terrible compared to the modern Pokemon games.

I've heard that the 2nd generation Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games will be released in Japan next month. I am sure that they will come out in North America next year.

I want modern Pokemon games to RULE over classic ones. This is what I will do. I will make up a petition for bundling Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Generation 2 and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with the NDS system. I will get all my friends and schoolmates to sign it. I will even email the petition to Pokemon fans to sign it in different parts of the world.

Then, I will send the petition to Nintendo. With tremendous support, I am sure that Nintendo will do the bundles for the modern Pokemon games.

WATCH Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow go down from the number 1 spot.

LO AND BEHOLD. This is what you will see.

(1) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Generation 2 (52 million units, bundled)
(2) PoKemon Diamond/Pearl (50 million units, bundled)
(3) Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46 million units, no longer a leader)

I want Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow to get knocked out forever. Ha Ha Ha......... that's too bad for the classic Pokemon games.

I know this will happen.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Ace_Trainer_Durza Offline

maaaaaaaaan u missed out on the best generation. G/S/C were the best pokemon gamess ever. They had the best startes and whoever got one was gaunteded to fight a shiny gyardos and in cyrstal u could get a dratini w/ extreme speed, and also in cyrstal u get an eg w/ a 50% chance of being shiny. It probably won't get more copies sold since how old it is , but D/P are awesome pokemon games and should outsell the rest. I mean this is the first time were u can battle a pokemon trainer from japan.

Last edited by Ace_Trainer_Durza; 08-21-2007 at 02:05 AM.