Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Rawlinson: "2008 Should Be Even Bigger", Additional Dedicated Retail Displays!

Rawlinson: "2008 Should Be Even Bigger", Additional Dedicated Retail Displays!
-06/25/07-

Playthings.com has an article on the 2007 Licensing Show. Holly Rawlinson, Vice President of Licensing and Entertainment for Pokemon USA, said "2008 should be even bigger" for Pokemon and discussions about additional Pokemon dedicated retails displays (like the one in Toys "R" Us Times Square) are underway:

Quote:
Buzz Report: Licensing Show 2007 (From Playthings.com):
"It’s been the perfect storm of licensing," Holly Rawlinson, licensing VP for Pokemon USA, New York, told Playthings, following up the success of this spring's Diamond and Pearl video games and the corresponding animated series based on its all-new characters. "Everything is hitting … the video games, the series. And 2008 should be even bigger." The property is currently featured at a dedicated boutique at Toys "R" Us Times Square in New York (through July 5) and, according to Rawlinson, Jakks Pacific's latest mini plush, in particular, has been selling out, largely on the strength of sales to girls, who make up 65 percent of purchasers. That's a surprise for a property not normally associated with female fans. Discussions about additional dedicated retail displays outside of TRU Times Square—including a possible teen-oriented boutique—were underway, Rawlinson added, but said it was too soon to announce them during the show.
To read the entire article, go here: Buzz Report: Licensing Show 2007

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 AM
masterryanx Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to masterryanx Send a message via Skype™ to masterryanx
Default Re: Rawlinson: "2008 Should Be Even Bigger", Additional Dedicated Retail Displays!

Interesting, I can't wait to see these displaysI I hope they're cool but not to big as I'd like to try and snag one after the store is finished with them! ^ ^
Old 07-06-2007, 07:21 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: Rawlinson: "2008 Should Be Even Bigger", Additional Dedicated Retail Displays!

Sounds like to me a lot of girls really like Dawn. Of course, we male fans also like Dawn. I think a lot of girls are eager to maybe portray Dawn on the game, though some may not name her Dawn, or Hikari.

Any other games they're going to come out with, like Dungeon's sequel, a sequel to DP (though I think it's WAY too early to get a sequel), sequel to maybe FR/LG, or perhaps a sequel to Johto's game? I hope they all got Wi Fi.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 AM
archbolt45 Offline

I THINK THAT THE SEQUIL TO D/P WILL BE G/S BECAUSE
1]YOU CAN STILL TRANSFER FROM IT
2] THERE HAVE BE OVER 13 THOUSAND PETITIONS TO REMAKE G/S/ ON THE DS
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by archbolt45 View Post
I THINK THAT THE SEQUIL TO D/P WILL BE G/S BECAUSE
1]YOU CAN STILL TRANSFER FROM IT
2] THERE HAVE BE OVER 13 THOUSAND PETITIONS TO REMAKE G/S/ ON THE DS
Must we scream in all caps? That heads the list of forum things that annoy me. -.-

Anywhoo, there was a letter on http://pokemon.com in the Mailbag that said that it was very unlikely that there'd be a G/S Remake seeing as with RSE, DP, FR/LG, and XD, you can get *almost* every Pokemon, including a good chunk of the GS ones.

yeah yeah yeah
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Lord Torterra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

interesting....as long as they don't mess up like in d/p with shinx looking like a neopet, too little new fire types, etc. i might still continue on with buying all the pokemon games that will come out.

^ Props to Bobby_Digital72 from Neoseeker.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:34 AM
PokemonBoy2106 Offline
Master Trainer

They should take the main RPGs in a different direction with a kick-butt storyline and a whole new region and style of gameplay with no special events or trading, puraly every pokemon catchable

GO MANCHESTER UNITED! Go Jeff Hardy !

Break it Down!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

How about a new RPG... With these features:

- Start out in the region where your character is from, and travel to other regions as the game progresses!
- Several characters to choose from, featuring some characters from the anime!
- All of the original regions: Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh!
- Every single pokemon created is available for capture!
- Depending on which character you choose, the story progresses differently!
- While you may start out as a trainer, you can gain different occupations such as being a coordinator, ranger, breeder, professor, archaeoligist [sp?], or villain!
- As a coordinator, train your pokemon by teaching them unique contest moves! When you're ready, join a contest!
- Contests have an all new, more interactive, format! Includes battling with contest opponents, the more you've practiced with the pokemon, the better the routine will work out!
- Several new seals available for collection!
- As a ranger, be prepared to go on missions, where you may have to battle villains, and save certain pokemon by catching them.
- With ranger captures, bring the pokemon's HP down to 0, and then activate the capture stylus.
- As a breeder, you'll have to raise certain pokemon for people. Sometimes, this involves raising their level, but other times, you'll have to teach them an attack, or a contest routine, or maybe even have them breed with another pokemon to make an egg.
- As a professor, you might have to study certain pokemon, which could involve capturing one, teaching one a certain move, or breeding two pokemon together.
- As an archaeologist, there's a whole new ancient region that you have to go to, explore ancient ruins, and discover the secrets of the extinct natives that lived there with the ancient pokemon.
- As a villain, you'll have to go on missions where you may have to battle rangers, or steal pokemon, gym badges, or other items!

I'll edit with the rest later...
Old 08-21-2007, 06:00 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

What I would like:
Ability to start off in Kanto, win the 8badges and such, Elite 4, then go to Johto.
Johto (same in Kanto), progress, then you go to Hoenn. After that, you go to Shinou.

They should make the boy in the game more like Ash, the dimwits they choose are such LOSERS! THey're not even SEEN in the show itself so make the boy character like Ash.

Have more team ups, like in Kanto, have your character team up with Claire to stop Team ROcket and other team ups.

Make the contests similar to what you see on the TV, it doesn't seem right to have 2 versions in game, then TV tells a different story about it. Have them in each region, but you can have it in one arena for all 4 events.

Team up with Pokemon Ranger.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 PM
martianman40 Offline

2008... Bigger? This will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Trainer card by me! Credit to coronis from spp forum for the gold sprite!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

@Allthedarkone: It won't happen. Maybe they make a PC game for 70 bucks that has all four regions, but if it was GBA/DS quality, it wouldn't be all that great.

@AshMistyMayFan: The games are a different canon than the the anime. It's a simple fact.

What I can see:

MD II, obviously.
The third D/P - Topaz or something.
Possibly a remake of Johto. I doubt it though, as they made Colosseum / XD so that the Johto Pokemon could be obtained for 3rd/4th gen, along with the Sevii Isles and Sinnoh. Johto is pretty much covered, imo.

I doubt there's a chance of a Ranger sequel. It just seems too boring, unless there's a region to the northeast of Fiore or something with Rangers as well...

Probably a couple TCG packs and the announcement of the next movies.

And then the plushies and stuff.

So I doubt there are really any games, except the MD IIs. They just released D/P, MD, Ranger, and PBR, so there's really every console / area covered.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
@Allthedarkone: It won't happen. Maybe they make a PC game for 70 bucks that has all four regions, but if it was GBA/DS quality, it wouldn't be all that great.
True, just dreaming... They're probably just going to start working on the third version for the D/P Combo...

~Allthedarkone~ (I would've settled for just 'Ali' j/k)
Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 AM
naruto6795 Offline
New Trainer

how come theres no new news here?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

It's not 2008 yet, that's why.