Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Ulazlo Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

there is a downward trend that can't be denied.

it seems like a bigger community thanks to wi-fi, but i knew a lot more r/b/y players when i was younger than d/p players now. it was more popular 10 years ago when it was cool and original and not the same thing over and over again.

it probably won't die out but eventually they may stop making games because there wouldn't be enough profit(they would really have to be selling only a hundred thousand games or so). either way nothing will beat r/b/y to the throne. and bundling it may boost a little bit but it won't send it over becuase in case you didn't know, back in the day r/b/y were bundled so you wouldn't be able to "outbundle" it especiallly since almost everyone already has a ds but back then gameboy colors were new and almost no one had them
Old 08-25-2007, 11:48 PM
gamefreakabc Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulazlo View Post
there is a downward trend that can't be denied.
Pokemon is diminishing, which is a reality. I am a huge Pokemon fan. I hope they won't

stop making the games. I think they should change the role-playing genre to an adventure

style like The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy for Pokemon. That might bring more life

to Pokemon. Do you agree?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Ulazlo Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreakabc View Post
Pokemon is diminishing, which is a reality. I am a huge Pokemon fan. I hope they won't

stop making the games. I think they should change the role-playing genre to an adventure

style like The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy for Pokemon. That might bring more life

to Pokemon. Do you agree?
i think they do need to change up the formula a bit for some more of their games.

i think if they do then they can appeal to newer fans and draw older fans back in. MD was a flop but they should keep experimenting.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Aiko the rat Offline
Amateur Trainer

defently prefer D/P couse of grafics, but I'd love to have all my old pokemons from Yellow and Silver on there :(
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 AM
pikapee Offline
New Trainer

The fact that Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow sold 46.01 million units worldwide is the all-time best selling game.

But, I think Pokemon will end up like Street Fighter II. I mean Street Fighter II was as popular as Pokemon. You could see people playing Street Fighter II at every arcade center as you could see Pokemon everywhere.

Over the years, Street Fighter II introduced the super moves and tag-team battles.
After that, there were basically no more unique features done in the game which led a downfall of the Street Fighter series.

If the Pokemon creators don't think of something intriguing and unique, the chances are Pokemon will fall.

I hope this won't happen because I am a big Pokemon fan.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM
pikapee Offline
New Trainer

I really want Pokemon to live on. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon generation 2 games will be released in Japan next month. I will get both games.

When they come out in North America, I will get them too. I will ask all my friends and people who like Pokemon to buy the games.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
shadowlink32 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestone1 View Post
I NEVER like classic Pokemon games because they are lame. Their gameplay, sound, and graphics are terrible compared to the modern Pokemon games.

I've heard that the 2nd generation Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games will be released in Japan next month. I am sure that they will come out in North America next year.

I want modern Pokemon games to RULE over classic ones. This is what I will do. I will make up a petition for bundling Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Generation 2 and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with the NDS system. I will get all my friends and schoolmates to sign it. I will even email the petition to Pokemon fans to sign it in different parts of the world.

Then, I will send the petition to Nintendo. With tremendous support, I am sure that Nintendo will do the bundles for the modern Pokemon games.

WATCH Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow go down from the number 1 spot.

LO AND BEHOLD. This is what you will see.

(1) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Generation 2 (52 million units, bundled)
(2) PoKemon Diamond/Pearl (50 million units, bundled)
(3) Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46 million units, no longer a leader)

I want Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow to get knocked out forever. Ha Ha Ha......... that's too bad for the classic Pokemon games.

I know this will happen.
I dont hink Diamond and Pearl will outsell the others. I've noticed that not that many people play pokemon as much as they used to. Its quite sad actually.
Friend Code: 4381 9417 2454

~If you want to show you've been on other forums and are used to them use capitals and proper grammar~ Put this in your signature if you agree with me. And please give me credit as well. xD
Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

D/P is easily gonna pass all the pokemon games, trust me. :P

VPP URPG

Currently: Playing ball with me|Is Level 5|Level 6: 2,646 posts
Old 09-04-2007, 07:03 AM
great_poke_master Offline
New Trainer

Unhappy Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

The majority of the Pokemon players are boys. Not many girls play Pokemon games.

I hope that more girls will join in. Together, we can save Pokemon from declining.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
great_poke_master Offline
New Trainer

By the way, do girls play Pokemon games. If they don't, there will be less support for Pokemon. Then, it will continue to decline.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:23 PM
shadowlink32 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_poke_master View Post
By the way, do girls play Pokemon games. If they don't, there will be less support for Pokemon. Then, it will continue to decline.
Good point. But yes, some girls do play pokemon. I happen to know one.
Friend Code: 4381 9417 2454

~If you want to show you've been on other forums and are used to them use capitals and proper grammar~ Put this in your signature if you agree with me. And please give me credit as well. xD
Old 09-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Archeopterix Offline

I'm not sure if any pokemon game will be as big as R/B/Y were. I'd have to see the figures, but back in the day, it seemed that EVERYONE had Red, or Blue, or Yellow. Really, nobody gave a crap about the Gameboy before those games came out. They sold the Gameboy. Anyways, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I think Yellow had as many different aspects to Red and Blue as Crystal and Emerald did to their respective duo versions. You got all the starters, the opposing sprites were better, pokemons movesets were different, and thats all aside from Pikachu following you wherever you went and the obtainable pokemon of the version.

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. - Karen
Old 09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Ulazlo Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeopterix View Post
I'm not sure if any pokemon game will be as big as R/B/Y were. I'd have to see the figures, but back in the day, it seemed that EVERYONE had Red, or Blue, or Yellow. Really, nobody gave a crap about the Gameboy before those games came out. They sold the Gameboy. Anyways, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I think Yellow had as many different aspects to Red and Blue as Crystal and Emerald did to their respective duo versions. You got all the starters, the opposing sprites were better, pokemons movesets were different, and thats all aside from Pikachu following you wherever you went and the obtainable pokemon of the version.
very true. almost all the kids had a pokemon r/b/y in elementary school but now barely anyone has a D/P.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Stantler Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Stantler

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki9 View Post
diamnd and pearl will out the other games because i know peaple that completly hate pokemon and have it and love it
Same^^, I know people that despised pokemon, but bought d/p and loved it.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
milestone1 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeopterix View Post
Anyways, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I think Yellow had as many different aspects to Red and Blue as Crystal and Emerald did to their respective duo versions.

I don't know if I agree on "as many different aspects..." in the quote above.
I think what the writer of the post about Red/Blue/Yellow having the fewest differences compared to other generations is the ratio of similiarities to differences across the three versions.

I have an edition of Tips & Tricks that talks the differences between Red/Blue and Yellow
which include the relocation of a few objects, the weak graphic upgrade, the debut of Team Rocket and the tagging-along Pikachu. These changes are not significant.
Yet, the three versions have bascially the same region, same storyline, and same obstacles. There are WAY more different elements between the duo versions and the follow-up version in other generations of the Pokemon series.

The similiarities are a lot more significant between Red/Blue and Yellow. I mean the Pokemon Yellow strategy guide covers all three versions. I know this because I have one. You can use a Red, a Blue or a Yellow guide to complete all three games.

Believe it or not. I have done some research and found out another SURPRISING similarity in the 1st generation. No other generations had this happen. I think this may not happen to any future generations. What I found was the Red/Blue in North America and Yellow in Japan were released in the SAME month and year (Sept 1998). Red/Blue in Europe and Yellow in North America also came out in the SAME month and year (Oct 1999).