Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Xerion Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xerion Send a message via Yahoo to Xerion
Default Re: Ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardyab View Post
I like this idea too, but as nearly everybody else in this thread said, post count does not make you a n00b, bad spelling, th3s3 typ3 0f p05t5, stupid posts and SPAM'ing makes you a n00b.

Kinda like myself.
That's what alot of you seem to say, but when I first joined, once I made about 100 posts, I was being called a n00b 'cause I don't have have 700+ posts.

To the people who do say that they can put like ____ is a n00b! Isn't that why Ryan has censors on this sight? Why dosen't he just censor words like n00b, ban, nub, etc..., like he does with certain cuss words?

-Xerion
Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: Ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
N00bishness isn't based on posts, but on typing skills and intelligence.

I believe titles are a great idea. However, maybe only people with a certain number of posts should get custom ones, thus preventing newbies from putting dumb stuff there, or 'clones' from putting insulting things there. Perhaps at 500 posts or so you could first get a customized title? ^^;

~Forget lighting a candle in the darkness... Just look for a Firefly~
The problem here is that just because someone has a low post count is a 'newb' and the people with a higher post count aren't. Just becuase you have a high post count doesn't mean you are mature enough to make titles. In fact, lately, I'd say the opposite, becuase people mostly get large numbers of posts from the DCC (which has been crud lately, which is why it was closed).

In the other side, there are mods with less then 500 posts. Look at Galleon (I think). It just means that he focuses all his attention on one area, and doesn't make random posts here and there. In this instance, Galleon is pretty far from being anything newbish.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."