Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight
Default Concerning the DCC

How about, instead of closing the DCC for those of us that would like to use it for intelligent conversation, we start handing out punishments to spammers in the DCC?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Concerning the DCC

You know that can't happen. Nobody has ever had an intelligent conversation in the DCC.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AzureLight View Post
How about, instead of closing the DCC for those of us that would like to use it for intelligent conversation, we start handing out punishments to spammers in the DCC?
The intelligent convos wouldn't last long because the punishments would scare some people off.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Fire Pkmn Master Offline

Some are actually intelligent. I dont think spam would really stop but I would like to get the DCC back because its seems like everyone that used to go there is almost gone because I hardly see them. But its whenever a mod thinks that the DCC should be opened.

.::F.P.M::.

done: 6448

:Graphics Shop:
Banner+Avi by Joangaes

Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking1 View Post
The intelligent convos wouldn't last long because the punishments would scare some people off.
Not really. Back in the day when PE2K wasn't noob infested, and there was a better mod:member ratio, the DCC still thrived, and spam wasn't as frequent. And if you're having an intelligent conversation, and not just typing out of your ass and overusing internet terminology like LOLROFL!!!OE!!!11one the whole time, it's pretty easy to have one.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Not really. Back in the day when PE2K wasn't noob infested, and there was a better mod:member ratio, the DCC still thrived, and spam wasn't as frequent. And if you're having an intelligent conversation, and not just typing out of your ass and overusing internet terminology like LOLROFL!!!OE!!!11one the whole time, it's pretty easy to have one.
Seeing as how most of the people(not really) would just post in it to say: "ZOMG! The DCC is back." That would just start a lot of spam, which would cause people not to post because they would, most likely, get in trouble for spamming.

I do think some good conversations would happen, most of them would be spam though.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Well, if people choose to ignore the 100 warning of not to spam in the DCC, and do it anyways, that's they're own problem. Maybe once they're banned they'll learn to pay attention to authority?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:39 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

See this as a cool down period.
The amount of spam got so ridiculously large that it started to consume the entire DCC. So yea, it ended up being nothing more than non sense gobble, straying far from the previous DCC's.

There's only so much spam we can handle. And then we do things like closing it.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Well, if people choose to ignore the 100 warning of not to spam in the DCC, and do it anyways, that's they're own problem. Maybe once they're banned they'll learn to pay attention to authority?
Thats true. I guess I will have to agree with you.

People should learn to read the rules better(I should too sometimes), so they won't have to deal with all the consequences and end up making millions of accounts just to post in it.

The first post should have like 10 conversation topics to talk about so no random, spam topics would start.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
The amount of spam got so ridiculously large that it started to consume the entire DCC. So yea, it ended up being nothing more than non sense gobble, straying far from the previous DCC's.

-]DU[-
Which is why we need scare tactics? So that people will hesitate when they click the Submit Reply button and think about if their post is useful or not? And if people still spam despite having plenty of warnings, maybe things like infractions and bans will help?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Well, at the current state, its inevitable for it to be nothing but spam. I think right now, pe2k is better without it.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Callum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post

-]DU[-
I'd like to add that people are now just spamming up the General Chit Chat thread instead.

I agree with Lan. I think perhaps the rules of a DCC should really be enforced. I think people have learned their lesson from the DCC being closed, and if people go back to the spamming ways, you should clamp down hard on them. If people are too dumb to realise they are ruining a good thing, then that is their problem, and let the DCC remain closed. It is worth a try atleast.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

Theres just so many problems that could happen with it, these days.

Most of the new members are really young, and aren't going to pay attention to rules. They grow up, and turn into flamers. They'll end up being banned for being so rude, and eventually the cycle just repeats.

Then a bunch of rebels come up, fighting against bans, even though they're well deserved. They get banned for trying to fight against authority, and we end up right back where we started.

Of course, this is just all theory. (Even though this really did happen before)
Old 09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I'd like to add that people are now just spamming up the General Chit Chat thread instead.

I agree with Lan. I think perhaps the rules of a DCC should really be enforced. I think people have learned their lesson from the DCC being closed, and if people go back to the spamming ways, you should clamp down hard on them. If people are too dumb to realise they are ruining a good thing, then that is their problem, and let the DCC remain closed. It is worth a try atleast.
If I had permission, I'd write an essay about SPAM. But to get my point across, I'd have to be somewhat offensive to the rule breakers. So I'd just rather not do that.

I say, let the noobs spam, and let them cry their eyes out when they find out they're banned.

Last edited by .AzureLight; 09-07-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

There are several reasons why this thread is stupid.

1) It's only closed temporarily. A sort of warning. Just have some freaking patience, it will be back.
2) We do hand out punishments to DCC spammers. Except when it reaches the stage where every post deserves punishment, it's easier to just lock it (temporarily) which by the way is also a punishment in a certain way.
3) You personally don't use it for intelligent conversations.

*Locked.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Closed Thread