Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy
Default Re: Just making sure...

Im sure ubers are just legands and Wobofett, if that helps

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

I think a legendary is a kind of uber.....

TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Old 10-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardyab View Post
Im sure ubers are just legands and Wobofett, if that helps
No. Jirachi, Celebi, Shaymin, Cresselia, Azelf etc., aren't ubers, and they're legendaries.

And Pickleboy, you can't just say, 'well if we ban Tail Glow and Rest from Manaphy, it could be OU!', because that quickly becomes, 'if we just ban Extremespeed, Dragon Dance, Outrage and Earthquake, he could be used in OU!'

See how ridiculous it gets? :/

Hi

Old 10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Hyper Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
No. Jirachi, Celebi, Shaymin, Cresselia, Azelf etc., aren't ubers, and they're legendaries.

And Pickleboy, you can't just say, 'well if we ban Tail Glow and Rest from Manaphy, it could be OU!', because that quickly becomes, 'if we just ban Extremespeed, Dragon Dance, Outrage and Earthquake, he could be used in OU!'

I know, this should be locked. This is the official tier list...

Credit to Scyperior for the banner and avvie.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post

I never suggested such a thing. Pokemon will have what they will have, and I do not wish to change that at all. It just seems so prejudice to other Pokemon and unfair to competitors to classify Pokemon in this way (not to mention really ridiculous). When you classify Pokemon this way, it's usually going to make people choose "stronger" pokemon rather than their favorites (Salamence and Garchomp, for example). I have a tougher time beating my cousin who uses a Pidgeot ( who I'm sure is neither "Uber" or "OU") than any other person using a Palkia or Leaf Blade Gallade because my cousin enjoys fighting with what he wants, rather than who he thinks is stronger. Same for me, using Blastoise instead of a billion other better pokemon.

Bottom line is, people need to stop complaining about stupid stuff such as "Ubers" and learn to deal with every situation. That's what makes you a great Pokemon Trainer.
[/cornybuttrueline]
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Hyper Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
I never suggested such a thing. Pokemon will have what they will have, and I do not wish to change that at all. It just seems so prejudice to other Pokemon and unfair to competitors to classify Pokemon in this way (not to mention really ridiculous). When you classify Pokemon this way, it's usually going to make people choose "stronger" pokemon rather than their favorites (Salamence and Garchomp, for example). I have a tougher time beating my cousin who uses a Pidgeot ( who I'm sure is neither "Uber" or "OU") than any other person using a Palkia or Leaf Blade Gallade because my cousin enjoys fighting with what he wants, rather than who he thinks is stronger. Same for me, using Blastoise instead of a billion other better pokemon.

Bottom line is, people need to stop complaining about stupid stuff such as "Ubers" and learn to deal with every situation. That's what makes you a great Pokemon Trainer.
[/cornybuttrueline]
WTF, your battling skills depends on it. Who cares, if you don't care, then tell smogon, They invented tiers.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Blaze View Post
WTF, your battling skills depends on it. Who cares, if you don't care, then tell smogon, They invented tiers.
Where can I contact Smogon, then?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Hyper Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
Where can I contact Smogon, then?
-_- Smogon, the site? Do you know it? You'll probobly look like a n00b there, but good luck. The can't se calculated by Stat total, if they were, and Magikarp has 600 base stat total, you'd say "ZOMG! MAGIKARP IS AN UBER! EVEN WITH IT'S MOVEPOOL!"

Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Blaze View Post
-_- Smogon, the site? Do you know it? You'll probobly look like a n00b there, but good luck. The can't se calculated by Stat total, if they were, and Magikarp has 600 base stat total, you'd say "ZOMG! MAGIKARP IS AN UBER! EVEN WITH IT'S MOVEPOOL!"
Ah, but alas! Magikarp does NOT have a total base stat of 600 or more, which would NOT make it an Uber. ut whateverm someone lock this thread.