Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default [REVIVED!] Chronicles of the Shards

I'm baaaack! Exhausted, but nevertheless back. I missed this website. Mindless rambling aside...

I have been missing for several months now. Long story short, I have revived Chronicles again, and I hope to keep it alive until the end. An extremely gisted summary of what happened in chapters one through eighteen:

We are introduced first to the legend of the Eon Sisters. Mew comes down from the heavens and offers five Eevee elemental powers and gives them gems to protect that embody their element. We find out that each were murdered brutally and that a prophecy was left regarding an Eevee named Amethyst, whom we encounter in the present day.

The remainder of the story is told from Amethyst’s viewpoint. A Noctowl named Horus delivers news of the prophecy and offers Umbreon’s gem to her so that she can fulfill her duties. After being attacked by three Mightyena, she encounters a Bayleef named Oddweed, who ends up saving her life. She finds out about her mysterious connection to Umbreon hen she falls asleep and is transported inside of the gem to communicate with her spirit. The shards of the gems Umbreon tried to protect also contain the broken spirits of her sisters and need to be obtained if they are to rest in peace.

Not too long after she and Odd wake up, Articuno attacks them. Pushing her limits to the point where she passes out, she winds up defeating the corrupted Articuno, claiming the first of Vapreon’s shards. She is thanked by the Legend and soaks in the hot springs of his mountain home, and Rae, a shining Pikachu, joins the party, though somewhat reluctantly. When she sleeps that night, Umbreon reveals her past relationship with a Sneasel named Katana.

The group wakes up and comes to the conclusion that Lugia would be the next closest Legend with a Shard. All agreeing, they start to leave, in the process defeating a Rhyhorn named Richter. Richter reveals to them the location of a Kingler named Salty. At this point, Rae reveals his past relationship with humans, which wasn’t a great one.

In trying to sneak onto a boat with humans to get out to sea, the group is captured. Blake, the human who had formerly owned Rae, attempts to capture Amethyst but is thwarted by none other than Salty. Salty rescues Amethyst and takes her to Odd, but she is upset when she finds out that Rae is still on the boat. At this point, Lugia attacks. Amethyst gets dragged under the sea when she tries to fight Lugia. When she recovers, she fights Lugia until his body rejects the darkened shard inside of him, and she is trapped in his collapsing cave. Eventually, Salty rescues her and takes her to a small sandbar, where Rae and Odd are revealed to be alive. Salty leaves to gather food with Odd; Rae and Amethyst share a sunset together.

Amethyst next has to fight Sea Mother Kyogre and Father Earth Groudon. Both are enraged at each other and at the fact that Sea Guardian Lugia has been attacked. Salty and Odd return and attack, weakening the Legends some. It takes a finishing blow from Amethyst to extract the shards from both of them. She falls asleep, and Umbreon reveals that Salty had some sort of relationship with her sister Vaporeon, guardian of the water gem.

The foursome swims out to a forest where Celebi and Suicune are rumored to live. As Amethyst and Rae begin to relax, Odd detects a disturbance and, sure enough, Suicune comes to attack. The group would have perished if Celebi had not intervened at a crucial time. Amethyst and Celebi fight alongside each other, eventually chasing the corrupted Suicune off. Celebi asks a few suspicious questions, and another, wounded Celebi appears.

Both Celebi try to convince Amethyst that they are the real one, so Amethyst attacks them both. The wounded Celebi was actually an illusion; the figure behind the illusion turns out to be a corrupted Ho-Oh. The purified Celebi goes on about how Amethyst is arrogant, and how she isn’t corrupted because of the lack of a grass shard. Celebi and Amethyst agree to join forces, at least until Suicune and Ho-Oh are subdued. Amethyst asks to see the Eon Sisters and how they perished, and Celebi agrees, taking her and Rae.

A carefree Vaporeon is shown swimming with a younger Salty. The two search for undersea treasures together, and eventually leave. The next morning, humans come after her gem, and release Pokémon to attack her. Vapor is extremely powerful, but eventually becomes a bloody carcass on the bottom of the sea. The Eon Sisters are found grieving, and each of their personalities are revealed through their interactions. Salty is torn by Vapor’s death and proceeds to destroy a lot of the things they find together.

The motherly Flareon and her mate Coale the Quilava are shown with their children debating about dinner. A human comes to attack Flare, and Flare insists that Coale stay out of the conflict, but eventually allows him to fight alongside her. He becomes disabled by an imprison attack from a half-blind Ninetales under the control of a human. The gem is stolen, and when Flare tries to retrieve it, getting struck by an iron tail attack that was placed in such a way that her neck is broken. She dies instantly.

Jolteon, the most volatile of the sisters, is enraged by Flare’s death. Jolt leaves her eldest daughter in charge of her younger sisters and leaves to confront Espeon about the prediction of their deaths. She finds Espeon, who explains somewhat briefly about the consequences of her powers. Jolt doesn’t believe her and attacks. Espeon takes the beating without fighting back initially, but eventually uses a powerful psychic blow on her that leaves her badly wounded. She returns to her home to find that a human had captured her eldest daughter. In trying to retrieve the gem from her enslaved daughter, she is hurled into a fire by the trainer’s Charizard and burned to death.

Chapter 19 will be up sometime later tonight.

Murkrow
Done: 800

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 11-06-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: [REVIVED!] Chronicles of the Shards

Urg, very exhausted right now. Most of this was already written, I just needed to add the last half or so. Again, not that great (rather short...), and I apologize, I just wanted to give you a fanfic-warming present.

Chapter 19

We did not have to travel far to Espa; the forest looked pretty much the same as it had when Jolt first visited her, but I knew this was the day before her death. Espa sat on a fallen stump, eyes closed, red gem flashing as small stick levitated around her head. I watched in fascination as they spiraled faster, then took on a red glow. Espa opened her eyes, which were also glowing red, and let out a soft growl. The twigs blasted forward and sailed through several trees, creating clean holes in each of them. Espa seemed satisfied and calmer now.

“Espeon, it was hardly right of you to attack Jolteon.” I looked up to see two Eevee approach Espa, both with the same expressionless demeanor that she held. If these were her two sons, why weren’t they calling her “Mom?” I could understand being formal if that was the way these pups were raised, but how could they address her by her formal title? Espa frowned at them.

“I was protecting her. I told you that,” Espa told her sons calmly.

“Espeon,” the second interjected, “You protected her, you claim, but she wound up dead. You know that. You and Umbreon are the last of the guardians. The humans will come for you, and you will be killed,” he reminded her, voice not even so much as cracking. She sighed, closing her eyes briefly.

“El? Kobin?”

“Yes Espeon?” El, the first of the twin sons, asked.

“…I must ask you to leave. Do not go to Umbreon; she will die upon finding me, and so will you. Head instead to Squire’s grave. The gravekeepers will ensure your safety,” Espa told them. I glanced at Celebi.

“Squire is a Delcatty. The pups’ father, he suffered from dystrophy, died a few years prior to this,” she explained briefly. I looked back at the discussion between the family.

“Espeon? You do not plan on seeking out the humans, do you?” Kobin asked.

“I repeat, the gravekeepers of Squire’s tomb will keep you safe. Go there. Now. This is the last time I will see you,” Espa told them. Her sons glanced up at her, eyes starting to tear. “El, Kobin, do not shed tears for me. It will go against all Squire and I have taught you. Emotions can only get in your way. You saw that in Jolteon, and you will experience it if you allow yourselves to give in to sadness. Everyone is destined to die; my time is now. Go.” Both pups glanced at each other in silence, then showed very different reactions. Kobin instantly began to softly cry, leaning on his mother’s body. El merely stood in silence, head bowed, hiding his sadness just as his mother instructed him.

“Bless you, Espeon,” El told her, breathing deeply through his nose. Kobin snuffled as Espeon pulled away from him, then convulsed with quiet sobs he tried desperately to hide for his mother. She turned away from them both, waited for them to take off into the deep forest where their father was buried, and then calmly marched her way towards the site of her death.

I felt angrier with Espa than I should have been. She was the selfish sister; Jolt was right. She forced her pups to grow up according to her standards, she allowed Jolt to die without interfering, and she thought that sentencing herself to death for it would make her noble! I let out a soft growl at her departing back, Rae backing away from me.

“Forgive me, Mew,” Espa whispered as we followed her. She leaped delicately over several fallen branches, logs, and other debris. “I, the first of the Eons evolved, have failed you in your goal to keep the elements under the control of Pokémon for eternity. For this spiteful crime against Pokémon kind, I hereby allow myself, with no regrets, to face and experience death firsthand.” Espa hesitated, as though recalling a vision to herself, then stomped deliberately on a twig. This startled a nearby lone Stantler, who blindly charged over her. She let out a cry and collapsed onto her side, getting up and testing her body. She could not place weight on her left hind paw. Seemingly satisfied, but in pain, she continued her trek.

Celebi eventually sped us forward to when Espa finally reached her destination, which I seemed to find familiar, somehow. I looked around the cave, trying to glean from it some sort of memory, but could find nothing. Espeon turned and rested her leg, then growled as soon as a human entered, an Absol at his side.

“It’s about time we caught you. Absol, slash!” the man commanded. The Absol leaped up and clawed as Espeon, the gem ripping off of her neck. It was a clean job; the man had to leave now, right? Espa glared, her psychic powers useless against the dark-type Absol. Absol sneered at her, as did his trainer.

“One more to go. I know you know where the last gem is, Espeon,” the man threatened her, nodding at his Absol. The Absol advanced on Espeon, who backed away slowly, careful not to put any weight on her hind leg. She glared at the man, lifted him up with her mind, and slammed him against the cave’s wall. Upon hearing his trainer’s cry of pain, the Absol immediately leaped on Espeon, trained to the point where the slightest threat to the human would provoke him to attack. He chomped on her neck, blood spurting from under his teeth, and she let out a fierce yowl and tried to shake him off. She managed to loosen his grip, collapsing on the ground, and the man stood up.

“Be that way, then. There’s nothing stopping Team Diabolus from getting the last of the gems, you know,” he told her. He clucked his tongue at his Absol, who proceeded to trot after his master. Espa stared after them and merely bared her teeth in a forced smile, forcing herself up on her front paws. The gem on her forehead began to glow a bright blue, and in spite of the blood gushing from her neck she managed to use her powers to scrawl out words in an ancient dialect on the wall. I watched her powers scratch these words forever into the wall, and I gasped out loud at what they said.

Five sisters were born centuries ago
Mew came to them with a tale to show
Embodiments of water, fire, and thunder
Psychic smarts and darkness’ plunder
The gems of power kept ‘round their necks
Until the day no one expects
Should the gems be snatched away
By evil powers that turn white gray
Then up from the shadows arise one of us
Who, though quite timid, will become a must
Flareon, Espeon, Vaporeon,
Jolteon and Umbreon
An unsung hero rise from our midst
We call to duty Eevee Amythyst

With a final gasp of pain, blood spurted from Espa’s mouth, and her head hit the ground, her gem ceasing to glow and her eyes rolling up in her head. I gasped, tail winding around my front paws. Celebi smiled down at me.

“That’s you,” she told me, as though I didn’t know. What I was most shocked by was the fact that Espa was the one who had carved these words, not Umbra. So how would Umbra…?

“Espa? Espa, where are you?”

Murkrow
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

*mega glomp*

Darth is back!

Great chapter, although I need to go back and read the last couple chapters again. *is glad to see you back*
Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

OMG, you have risen! =D

Lovely chapter as always and good idea at making a summary (though I didn't need it, I'm already obsessed xP).

Gah, Espa seems so..cold. That makes me think... =O

Be awaiting your next update as always, I'm a loyal reader. ;)

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

It's nice to know that there were people waiting for my return.

I'm working on the next chapter now. Sorry it's taking me a while, and this holiday break is perfect for writing.

*Slinks off*

Murkrow
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
I'm working on the next chapter now. Sorry it's taking me a while, and this holiday break is perfect for writing.
Agreed, I'm using it to write my Winter Comp story. :P *pokes his MS Word*

I shall patiently await the next chapter.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Guess what?

New chapter! *Confetti*

Actually, this one is a tad gorey and dark. On the plus side, though, it features Umbreon. And we finally get done with the whole time-traveling thing; I'm not sure what possessed me to mess with the timeline for, like, five chapters. *Shiver*

Also, a lot of complicated stuff regarding the spirit realm. If you get confused, I won't be the slightest bit surprised.

Chapter 19

“I forgot that Espa and Umbra’s days of death coincided!” Celebi blurted from next to me. “It would be too late to travel back now… I hope you didn’t want to see Umbra before her…”

“I already know what happened the day before her death.” Rae and Celebi both gaped at me for a moment, and without thinking for an instant, I continued.

“Umbreon was in love with a Sneasel named Katana. They were together the night before, and she never got the chance to see him again,” I told them. “She shattered the gems in trying to protect them. She was strangled by the human’s Arbok.” I bowed my head, hearing gravel crunching outside. Leaping up into the mouth of the cave was Umbreon, her glowing yellow rings penetrating the dark around her. She looked beyond me, seeing right through me, it seemed, to the body of her sister.

“Espa?” Umbra called into the cave, looking around at the innards of the cave. There was some evidence that a fight had gone on, but it was subtle; a scratch in the rocks here, some loosened pebbles there, but the most obvious thing must have been the blood. Umbra lifted up her paw and gasped, looking over at the body.

“Espa!” She sprang in one leap over to her sister’s body, nuzzling her. “Sister, please, wake up!” Umbra furrowed her brow, red eyes tearing. She closed her eyes and trembled, swaying.

“…Who…Who did this to you?” Umbra murmured to her dead sister. “Why didn’t you tell me you were the next one? Why didn’t you try to prevent this? Why?” Umbra glanced up at the prophecy scrawled onto the wall, looking from Espa’s body to the carving. She mouthed the words to herself, then recoiled in shock and disgust.

“Damn it, Espa,” Umbra swore under her breath. “For Mew’s sake! An Eevee? An Eevee is supposed to save the entire world? Who says that the gems are going to be gone for that long?” Umbra looked down at her sister, then glared at the carving. “I’m going to change this future, Espa, and I don’t care what you think, so help me if I end up in Purgatory.” Umbra turned and bounded away, leaping gracefully over the wall of the cliff down into the forest below. Still a bit taken aback that the Umbreon normally trapped in the gem around my neck had thought so poorly of me, I was not expecting Celebi to grab me and pull me along, following Umbra’s path through the forest.

“…Should have at least given her a decent burial,” she growled under her breath, glaring at the forest before her. She leaped up into the air, seemingly vanishing and reappearing on the other side of some tangled foliage, using her quick attack to avoid struggling through the plants. We simply passed our way through, and Umbra continued dodging the undergrowth of the forest. The black gem around her neck flashed, and she tripped suddenly over a log with a yelp of pain. She forced herself up, hissing, teeth bared.

“Damn it!” she swore, getting up. The gem’s glow pulsated harder, Umbreon staggering against the strain of the gem’s power. “I know they’re dead, just please leave me alone!” Umbra growled, thrashing to try and release the gem. She panted and fell onto her side again with a moan. I shot an alarmed glance up at Celebi.

“The Eon Sisters were directly tied to their gems. Their powers are what caused them to evolve, so their energies are chained to the gems. If the gems are captured, destroyed, or their contact with the Eons is severed by death, the negative energies affect the rest of the gems. This is what kills Umbra; she wasn’t strong enough to stand up to the death energy. No one but the vessel of darkness felt the impact when Vapor died, as there wasn’t enough death energy involved. But Umbra has to carry around the burden of four deaths with her, and she couldn’t reasonably live with that much darkness,” Celebi explained.

“That’s why they’re all trapped in the gems,” I murmured quietly. Rae raised his brow at me, and I looked away. I figured it would be better if he didn’t know where I went every night when he was asleep. Umbra tensed up her muscles and leaned on a tree, trying to stay standing in spite of the energies from the severed crystals.

“You’re wrong, Celebi,” I said, realizing only too late that I had actually spoken. Celebi and Rae both looked at me. “Umbra was strong enough for it. Mew gave her the power of darkness because she needed a vessel for it to balance the positive energies of the other Eons. She knew Umbreon could handle it. Maybe there really was too much death energy for her to handle, but don’t you ever insist that she was weak!” I finally snapped at her. Celebi folded her arms impatiently at me and raised her brow.

“I have no reservations whatsoever against Umbreon. I understand that she is a revered figure in Eevee mythology, and I apologize for whatever puphood fantasies of yours I may have destroyed,” she told me, “What I’m trying to say is that Mew had no right to give Umbra darkness powers. There is too much darkness in the world for one vessel to handle, and here she was, struggling with four deaths around her neck and her own inevitable demise! Perhaps if Mew had taken some responsibility for her own freaking actions instead of leaving this crap for all of us to clean up, the pompous glorified Rattata!” Celebi shouted up at the sky, as though hoping that Mew would hear and swoop down to challenge her words. I looked away from Celebi, ashamed to have exploded at the Legend, and looked over at Umbreon, my idol, just as a Natu flew over her head.

“Manny! Manny, Manny, come quick! Bring Master!” the Natu shrieked. Umbra yowled at the Natu, fur bristled as she accepted the challenge. Natu let out a loud twittering, and a Manectric emerged from the undergrowth. I felt a twinge of hope; Umbra wasn’t about to die. Not yet.

“Master!” the Manectric barked, circling Umbra. Umbra growled, her yellow rings glowing, waiting for a chance to strike. Her gem still pulsated with the evil energy, and I could see her brow furrow as she tried to fight this back. Umbra leaped into the air suddenly with a yowl and vanished into thin air. She reappeared above Natu, using her pursuit attack to bring him out of the air. She bit into him and tossed him aside, dodging Manectric when he sprang. She let out a yowl and opened her mouth to launch a shadow ball attack so large I feared for the stress she was putting on her body. The Manectric was knocked into some thorny bushes, and Umbra took this opportunity to run.

By the time we had caught up to her, she was panting hard at the base of the mountain where she had come.

“Espa,” she panted, swallowing hard. She looked over her shoulder, the Natu and Manectric having since recovered from her attacks.

“I thought I smelled her scent!” Manectric growled, Natu fluttering by his head.

“Manny, do we have to wait for Master? Why can’t we just grab the shiny now?” the Natu twittered.

“Don’t call me Manny, first off, and secondly, we need to wait for his permission to strike. Arbok is the team leader and will probably have dibs on her before we do,” the Manectric explained, one eye trained on Umbra’s shaking, weakened body.

“Why doesn’t she attack?” Natu asked, squinting at her.

“I’m not sure. Why don’t we ask the beast herself?” Manectric replied, turning to Umbra, who was aware that this discussion was going on.

“You really think I am more brutal and beastly than you are? You serve another! Isn’t that against the nature of a Manectric? Don’t you feel ashamed to have been associated with these killings?” Umbra glowered.

“You’re just angered because we defeated your sisters and took your precious stones. What exactly do these things do, anyway?” Manectric neared her, but Umbra opened up her throat and loosed a horrible screech attack that made my fur stand on end.

“These are the embodiments of the elements! We have been charged with guarding them, and here you are, serving the humans that don’t know what havoc they could cause if they handle these incorrectly! I will avenge the death of my sisters, and I will uphold the duty Mew entrusted me with!” Umbra turned and leaped again up the cliff, back towards the cave.

“Natu, get her! I’ll catch up!” Manectric howled at the bird, who had already started flapping his way up behind Umbra. She clambered across the rocks with surprising agility, but her gem flashed again and struck her with temporary weakness. Natu swooped down at her and pecked a few times before she leaped up, sweeping her tail across her body and striking Natu down. She leaped up into the mouth of the cave, then turned to see the two pursuing her just as hard.

She opened her mouth up wider, summoned another shadow ball, and launched it at Natu. His weakness to the ghost-type attack and the ensuing collisions with the rocks beneath him caused the downfall of the small bird, which merely lay defeated even as Manectric leaped up into the cave in complete disregard of his partner. Both of the Pokémon glared at each other, sizing the other up, waiting to either make or defend against the first move.

Manectric struck first, Umbra diving out of the way and springing again to use quick attack. Manectric nearly fell out of the cave, Umbra panting hard as she tried to remain standing.

“You brute,” Manectric spat at her, claws digging into the ground. Umbra glowered at him, unaware of the slithering figure behind her.

“You are more a brute than I,” she replied. She whipped around, as though sensing something, then turned back to Manectric. I was not sure if she had seen Arbok or not.

“No need to worry. You can trust that there is nothing behind you. Don’t you trust another Pokémon?” Manectric smiled at her. Umbra unleashed a tormented scream and sprang at Manectric, fangs digging into his flesh until the blood spurted from under her lips. She released him and snarled, continuing to speak in a shrill, tortured scream.

“Trust? Why should I trust anyone? You killed my sisters! Ever since I’ve evolved, even they rejected the darkness Eon at first, but they loved me for who I was! We were bound together for this cause, damn it, and they were all taken! By what, you wonder? By Pokémon like you who are too damn weak-willed to listen to their own hearts and have to listen to humans!” Manectric could only gasp and sputter while this was happening, and Umbra stared in horror at his throat, which was coated in a layer of blood. She climbed off of the barely-alive Pokémon, tears pouring from her eyes.

“…I’m just like him… What have I done…” she cried, collapsing into a heap on the ground in convulsive sobs. “Forgive me! I didn’t ask for this! I never wanted this! If there is anything I can do to change it, please! Tell me!” Umbra sobbed into the sky. An Arbok’s head lifted over her, thrashing its body around to slam her into a wall.

“Manectric, Natu, return.” Both Pokémon vanished into flashes of red light. Umbra looked up, and I followed her gaze to a human, who held the two Pokéballs and their prisoners in one hand. In the other was a sack, and he nodded at Arbok, who sprang at Umbra. Umbra leaped up and onto the man’s arm, biting his wrist and forcing him to release the bag. The bag hit the ground, and the gems tumbled out. Both glanced at the shards, and the man dove, Umbra leaping on him and using the most ferocious crunch attack she could summon. She missed the human’s neck, and the blow hit the gems instead.

The gems shattered into pieces, the energy trapped within them unleashed. The man gasped in horror and tried to grab at them, but with each shard he touched the more the auras around them darkened. The corruption that resulted in their theft and ultimately destruction was manifesting within them, and they would travel to the greatest power source they could to expel these powers; the Legends. They all vanished. The man glared at Umbra, who was laying on the ground in crippling pain now, the gems and the souls within them having been destroyed.

“If I can’t have all of the gems I’ll have yours! Arbok, wrap!” the man commanded. The purple snake slithered around Umbra, squeezing her more tightly than what a battle should allow for. The air was forced from her lungs, and the man did nothing to stop this but remove the gem. I watched her life ebb away…

“Enough!” I shouted, sobbing loudly. “Celebi, take me back! I can’t stand this anymore! Please, just leave them in peace!” Celebi’s hand landed on my shoulder, and I felt the uncomfortable sucking sensation of returning to my own time. I collapsed onto the ground sobbing; the real ground, not the figments of the past in which the sisters were senselessly murdered. I could feel the weight of the gem return, and I knew Umbreon’s consciousness was within it once more.

“Ami, it’s time to go now,” Odd told me. I felt his foot nudge me, but I rolled away from him crying.

“Just let her be,” Celebi told them quietly. “Her destiny is a large one to absorb.” I lay on the ground, alone at first, but I could eventually feel Rae’s body inch beside mine and his hot tears dripping into my fur.

“How could you, Amethyst?” I had no answer to Umbreon’s inquiry, mainly due to the fact that I couldn’t speak in her world. This was her own confinement, her own prison, and no one else’s. “Do you know, Amethyst, how the spirit world works? Do you realize what you have just made me relive?” I looked up at her, shocked. Relive?

“Yes. Relive. Celebi’s powers allow her to travel through time, but she has to use limbo to do so. All spirits trapped on earth in any form are stuck in limbo, and therefore are affected by what happens during time travel.” She took a breath and prepared to continue.

“I was not in your gem the entire journey; I was inside of my body again, very much alive, reliving every one of my sisters’ deaths again. I relived the time before I died. I murdered, Amethyst, do you understand that? I wanted to forget that! I didn’t want to remember how much of a hypocrite I was! I never wanted to look back on those horrible days, and how I’m the reason this whole mess began! It was my attack that destroyed the gems; it wasn’t the humans, it wasn’t their Pokémon, it was me. This is all my fault. I’ve been trapped inside of this gem for however many years it took Horus to find it and give it to you, thinking about this, and you actually have the nerve to watch what happened to us?” I began to convulse with more sobs at this point, but no sounds emerged from my throat. Umbreon turned around, exhaling, then turned to me.

“Get out. Now. And I don’t want to see you until after you’ve learned to respect your ancestors,” she snapped at me. I kept my head bowed, but looked up just as her rings began to glow more brightly. She let out a screech and leaped at me, and I scrambled out of the way, feeling myself being pulled from the gem as I forced myself awake. Umbreon watched my figure fade and collapsed on the misty ground, trembling from her mix of emotions. I didn’t dare for an instant to think that I could begin to empathize.

Murkrow
Old 11-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Darthy Darthy Darth!

I just read the last two/three chapters to catch up. Man, those were good!

I missed this, I'm so happy it's back. =]

Poor Ame. Umbra turning on her like that. She had a point though. I liked the whole Limbo twist with Time Travel.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 11-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Hi! Jackson! Long time no see! *Friendly hug*

Umbreon's just a little irritated right now, she didn't really turn, I'm sorry for the confusion.

I just now noticed that I have been rated 5 stars. Whoever you are, thank you.

Another chapter is definitely not going to be up anytime soon. I really hoped to get two done over the break, but it just isn't working out that way. I'll try to get one done in the next week, and I honestly didn't realize that Chronicles was still on the second page, or I would have just continued on that. I wasn't sure if I'd be reviving it or not. My bad.

Murkrow
Old 11-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Read this last night but forgot to comment. ^^;

I'm happy to see Umbra didn't die without a fight and it's so true about what she said that Pokemon didn't have to follow thier human's orders and I hope she doesn't stay irritated at Ame too long. =P

Nice job, Darth, awesome as always and don't worry about the next update, I ain't going nowhere. xP

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Yup, we're all here! :D

Great chapter. I understood the whole spirit world thing, and I thought that was a great idea. How will this affect Umbra and Ame's relationship...? *walks off pondering*
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Murkrow View Post
Hi! Jackson! Long time no see! *Friendly hug*

Umbreon's just a little irritated right now, she didn't really turn, I'm sorry for the confusion.

I just now noticed that I have been rated 5 stars. Whoever you are, thank you.

Another chapter is definitely not going to be up anytime soon. I really hoped to get two done over the break, but it just isn't working out that way. I'll try to get one done in the next week, and I honestly didn't realize that Chronicles was still on the second page, or I would have just continued on that. I wasn't sure if I'd be reviving it or not. My bad.
Lol, hi! xD

Yeah, I rated this baby at 5.

Can't wait for the next chapter, just don't feel rushed. ^_^;

And I wasn't confused about Umbra 'turning' on Ame, I just worded it slightly wrong. Sorry for confusing you about being confused. :x

*Friendly hug back*

High Five!
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Glad to see your back.
The chapter`s great, very well done.
I`m still reading, and I ain`t gonna stop till the end.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 12-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

*Crosses her fingers, hoping that the thread isn't too old (it was on the third page)*

Happy/Merry/Blessed December Holidays, everyone! Influenza, pink eye, and last-minute shopping aside, I offer up my gift to my readers: Chapter 20. *Repeats the number to herself, amazed*

This story actually comes to a whopping total of 94 pages in word, so I had to create a new document. Consider this the beginning of Chronicles: Book 2.

Not a horribly exciting chapter, I'll admit. Once I was inspired, though, my very ADHD muse went to town. I think fans of Odd will find the twist here... a surprise.

Chapter 20

I woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed since the previous day but having a heavy weight on my heart. What I had done to Umbreon was not fair, what I had made Celebi do was not fair, what had happened to the rest of the Eons was not fair, and what Espa had placed on my shoulders was not fair. I considered the last thought for a moment; I had no way of knowing whether Espa had actually seen me in her vision or if she had planted that for Umbra to find.

I stretched out my body, looking at the small stream we slept by. I bent over the water, unsure of if I wanted to take a drink. Celebi told me that Suicune didn’t purify the water anymore… I bent my head further over, tongue extended.

“No Ami! I let out a startled yelp as Odd’s vines lifted me perilously above the water. I had expected Celebi to intervene, not Odd, and his vine whip startled me.

“Odd, put me down,” I instructed him once I had regained a majority of my composure. Odd placed me on the ground gently, brow furrowed worriedly.

“Odd is sorry, Ami. Suicune rules the waters, yes. But she’s impure. The water is impure too,” the Bayleef explained, swaying back and forth, shooting glances every which way.

“How do you know?” I asked him carefully. Odd inclined his head at me for a moment, then used razor leaf on a tree branch above us. I screamed and leaped out of the way, Odd deflecting the blow with a tackle. The branch flew into the water, and we both watched as the leaves on the branch turned brown and crackled. My stomach twisted as I watched the dead stick float away on the impure waters. I looked up at Odd, who nodded furiously. I had this feeling about him that I just couldn’t shake…

“Odd, can I ask you a serious question?” I began. Odd gave me a look, inclining his head to one side, seeming genuinely confused. The facial expression almost made me laugh, if it weren’t for the seriousness of the situation.

“Oh, Ami is welcome. Ami does not need to thank Odd, Odd was just protecting his favorite Eevee Ami!” he piped up, proud in thinking that he had the entire situation figured out.

“Thank you, but that isn’t what I was going to say,” I began. Odd frowned suddenly, and I felt bad for what I was about to do. How could I say this to him without confusing him or hurting his feelings?

“…You… You aren’t an ordinary Bayleef, are you?” I asked him. Odd looked surprised, but I understood what I was asking him. He was always sensing what was going to happen, what I needed, when a Shard was coming… He didn’t have a very clear way of communicating these signals to me, but it somehow worked. These were not powers that any ordinary Bayleef should have. There was something about Odd’s powers that was special.

“What… What does Ami mean?” Odd asked me.

“I mean everything! Everything you knew! You knew when Articuno was going to show up, you knew who I was, you probably knew which of the Celebi were real, you knew when Suicune was coming for me, you knew about the water thing… Oddweed, what are you?” I finally snapped. Odd bowed his head under my outburst, looking about ready to begin crying. He then looked up at me and opened his mouth, as though to say something, but gasped and loosed a flurry of leaves. The attacker was not deterred, and I found my head hovering above the stream’s tainted waters, Suicune’s paw holding me down.

“Move and she dies, Husk!” Suicune growled in an almost two-toned voice at Odd. Odd backed away, vines receding into his neck. He obviously knew she was talking to him. What was a Husk? Did it have something to do with Odd’s—? I snapped back into reality, then glared up at Suicune.

“Don’t you dare talk to Odd like that!” I yelled at her, opening my mouth, forming a shadow ball. It was hissing so loudly from the rage I was using to fuel it that I almost didn’t hear her next statement.

“You’re defending a Husk? The Husk is powerless!” Suicune laughed. I glanced at Odd, watching him bow his head further. I released the shadow ball, knocking Suicune into her own impure water. I galloped beside Odd, glancing up at him.

“Don’t let her stand there and call you that, Odd! Fight her!” I hollered at him.

“Odd can’t fight her, Ami!” he cried out. I could see tears in his eyes now.

“Odd, what is it? What is a Husk? Answer me!” I told him. A pillar of water swooped at us, and I threw up my protect force field just in time to deflect it away. The force still blew me backwards, away from Odd. Suicune stood over him, glaring down at him. Odd cowered away from her, but kept eye contact.

“ODD!” I yelped, scrambling to my feet and galloping toward them. I couldn’t let her hurt Odd, I couldn’t! Suicune loosed a loud roar at me, causing me to stutter in my footsteps. Suicune glared down at Odd, speaking to him in a series of clicks and deep, guttural tones that I could not understand as any one language. Odd glared at her viciously and responded in a similar manner, extending a vine and striking her across the face, growling. I could feel my jaw drop, but made no real effort to render my facial expression less rudely. What in the name of Mew—?

“Stay out of it, Husk. This is not your place. And tell your little Eevee mate over there to stop interfering with things she can’t handle,” Suicune growled, gripping Odd in her mouth by his back and ramming him against a tree, letting him loose. She took one parting glance at me through corrupted eyes, then started to gallop away.

“Get back here! And I’m not his mate!” I howled after her, sprinting as quickly as my shorter legs could carry me. I stopped with a jerk, though, when Odd wound a vine around my tail and yanked me back.

“Ami… can’t… hurt her…” Odd told me, trembling as he tried to stand up. I struggled to break free of his grip, watching Suicune bound away. Odd’s vine released me, and I galloped up to him, nuzzling him when he wouldn’t move.

“Odd? Odd, say something!” I whimpered, hoping that he was ok.

“Something?” Odd responded.

“Odd, what were you saying to Suicune? Where did you—What was—What’s a Husk?” I asked him, dreading the answer at the same time I was hoping for one.

“Odd and Suicune were speaking in Otnak,” Odd told me, hanging his head.

“What’s Otnak? It doesn’t sound like anything I’ve heard before,” I prodded him further.

“Otnak is an old language, Ami. Very old. All Pokémon, even Odd, know how to speak it and read it,” he told me.

“Read? It’s written?” I asked, somewhat shocked. As far as I knew, Pokémon had no need to read. I then remembered the prophecy that Espa had scrawled onto the wall. I had inherently understood it without ever seeing Otnak before. I shivered uneasily, then glanced up at Odd.

“But Odd—No one has spoken Otnak in—I don’t know, hundreds of years? How come you were able to use it so fluently? Did you understand it?” I asked him.

“Odd understands it. All Pokémon do,” he nodded, though with growing impatience.

“Why didn’t I?” I asked suddenly, the question rolling out of my mouth before I realized that it had formed in my head. Odd stopped dead in his tracks and turned a shade paler, turning his head away from me. I then came to another realization.

“You made it up. You made up Otnak to try and cover up what you were doing.” Odd turned away and began to slowly move, but I galloped in front of him. “Odd, please. I’m not going to judge you. Tell me the truth. We’re all in on this together, so whatever you know is something I need to know.”

“Not all of Odd’s knowing is to be Ami’s!” Odd blurted, glaring at me. I was taken aback by Odd’s outburst, my hackles instinctively raised before I fought the fur down.

“Odd, no, that’s not what I mean. What I mean is—” What did I mean? I was prodding into his business, and not even in a very subtle way. I frowned and looked at the ground, digging my paw into the wet soil before me. I didn’t even care that it was tainted at this point; I was too busy wanting answers. I heard Odd sigh, and I looked up.

“Odd did not make up Otnak. Otnak is real, but only Legends speak it. Others read it. Odd will not tell Ami where Odd learned to speak it,” Odd explained. I released my held breath, relieved that he told me at least part of the truth.

“Odd, what is a Husk?” Odd backed away uneasily, then took off at a gallop. Surprised, it took me a moment to catch up with him. “Odd! Please! I know Suicune was talking to you, and I know you know what it means! Please tell me!” Odd stopped, causing me to stop suddenly and lose my footing, landing face-first in the ground.

“A Husk… Husk is an insult for grass-types. Grass-types shed leaves, leaving husks behind. That’s it,” Odd nodded. This was significantly less believable than what he had told me about Otnak.

“Odd, please. Only Legends can speak Otnak, and Suicune called you a Husk, and you know how to speak it…” I tried to peace it together in my head, but I could not come up with anything that didn’t sound like I tried to force a Girafarig’s second head to tell me.

“Amethys’! Odd! Celebi, Rae’n I’ve been lookin’ fer ye!” We both looked up, Salty side-stepping over to greet us.

“Odd and Ami saw Suicune. She was too fast, she got away,” Odd blurted just as I was opening my mouth. I then turned to him, about to say something, and he gave me a silencing glare. I closed my mouth. What on earth was this Bayleef trying to hide from everyone?

“Aye, an’ we’ve been listenin’ fer Ho-oh; he’s been seen ‘round parts. Been wormin’ things outta Pidgeys’n stuff,” Salty told us.

“Group, we need to leave,” I looked up to see Celebi hovering over us, Rae trailing her. I instinctively lunged at Rae, who was initially shocked by the gesture but then worked his arms around my neck in a hug, face nuzzled into my mane.

“Leave? But Suicune and Ho-oh—!” I started. Celebi shook her head.

“We can’t get Ho-oh until we get the Hounds,” Celebi clarified. I knew by Hounds she meant the trio Suicune, Entei, and Raikou.

“But I didn’t need the Mirages to get Lugia,” I replied, referring to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

“Not a matter. Lugia is the Guardian of the Sea; his role is to protect the sea and the Sea Mother Kyogre, not to baby-sit the Mirages. Ho-oh is the Resurrecter; he revived the Hounds from the fire that first killed them. He is directly responsible for them, and they for protecting him. If we can purify the Hounds, they will willingly lead us to Ho-oh, and Ho-oh will not have them under his command any longer. We need to do this quickly, though; If any other Pokémon are killed, Ho-oh could revive them into corrupted creatures. The only catch is they would have no Shard to remove,” Celebi explained. I absorbed every single word and nodded in understanding. Rae released me, and Celebi flitted her way ahead of us.

“I know where Suicune is likely to go. It used to be called Mirror Lake; you could look into it and see your soul, supposedly, reflected back at you. It’s a toxic waste now though; she’s… neglected it these past few hundred years,” Celebi spat, glaring in the general direction of what I assumed to be the lake. I shivered at her tone, bounding after Celebi, Odd following beside me. I stole a glance at him, and he looked away. The Bayleef was leaving me with more questions than answers; I had to get something from someone about the Husk.

Murkrow
Old 12-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Wow, heavy chapter for Odd. I`m probably as confused `bout him as Ami. Anyways, great chapter, and I`m looking forward to see what`s gonna happen next.

Oh and Merry Chistmas and Happy Holidays!

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }