Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark
Default The Blogger [PG] - One-shot horror

The following is a one shot from the story, "And as the Wind Blows: Epidemic in Hoenn." This has nothing to do with the main-story, and is a stand alone entry inspired from the story.

This shouldn't take me very long to finish, and the only reason why I couldn't finish already is that I don't actually have the time at this moment. Expect it finished within a week. Maybe two.

Last edited by Redlark; 01-05-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Redlark Offline

Default Re: The Blogger [PG-13] - One-shot horror

I apologize to my subscribers that this may be my last journal entry. For those who don't know, I live in Lilycove, a port town on the far eastern tip of Hoenn. I'm a park ranger in the Safari Zone, currently posted at Cabin 41, just north of Wells Pond. I'm on my laptop connected to the Lan line with only an estimated hour and a half left in my battery. I've got my Tailow in his Pokeball right now, the storm's been freaking him out. I think it's the lightning, but even then, he's been acting really weird lately. Everything scares him and even with the slightest things he startles. But that was before the storm, too.

I've radioed the main station at the park entrance, but for the past thirty minutes, I've gotten no reply. The TV stations have gone out as well. Some of them show their technical difficulties picture and others have gone out completely to fuzz. Even right now, I've got the remote in my hand and am on Channel 32. Nothing but that annoying hum. I feel like I'm going a little mad with that hum, the constant fall of that rain on the windows and roof of this cold cabin, and the thunder from the storm.

My tube radio is having a hard time getting a reception in this weather. From what I know, my captain back at the main station told me to stay in my cabin until the storm finishes off. He said he heard that some Pokemon were attacking Lilycove in large numbers and the virus that had been killing so many has mutated and caused the dead to rise and others to go mad like they had an extreme form of rabies.

I'll brb. My radio's caught something.

Last edited by Redlark; 01-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Redlark Offline

Default Re: The Blogger [PG-13] - One-shot thriller

I've now turned off all the lights and have my laptop under my desk at low light. Did I mention I'm in my cabin? I locked the doors, but if anything the radio said there was is true, I'm sure it'll come in if it really wanted to without any trouble. I've got my rifle behind me and my chair under the knob of the door. Why couldn't they make this cabin bigger? It's really stupid on their part knowing that if there was some sort of emergency, the person inside it is limited to only a few days of food and minimal sleeping arrangements.

There's the desk, the filing cabinet, a small closet pantry, couch, tv, microwave, sink, fireplace, and the outhouse is outside. Two windows; one next to the door, and one parallel to the fireplace. I really wish they made this place bigger. Then maybe I wouldn't feel so cramped all of a sudden.

My radio's gone out again, but the reporter was freaking out. The hospital was attacked and the west residential district's been evacuated. They said everyone needs to head towards the docks. Too bad I'm in the west residential district and from what they said, it's every man for themselves lol. Mass armies of undead? This has got to be a joke, some kind of April Fools in July thing, but to be on the safe side I'll just sit tight.

Why am I freaking out? I'm making myself worried over nothing by turning off the lights. I'm making it so that every dark corner is darker than it should be and the fireplace like a dead tree in the dead center of the wall with that stupid dead stuffed fish hanging over it.

All I can hear is the constant dropping of rain and the blowing of wind. Something's scratching on the side of the wall behind me, but it's probably that stupid little tree moving against the wind. That's probably what it is.

But just in case, I'll chop my posts up in smaller sectios so I don't lose what I've already posted if something does happen to me. One could never be too sure.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Redlark Offline

I'm back. The wind's still blowing, the thunder's still at it, and that scratching against the wall's stopped. I can't see anything around me, and I'm too afraid to turn on the lamp. I can see the two windows in here and the rain hit the glass, but other than that, I only see the flashing from the lightning around the cabin. It rips in my ears really loud sometimes. It's like gunshots or like the trees are snapping in half around me. I think I heard a tree snap in half without the rain, but I'm not sure. I don't want to look out the window.

I've turned off my radio because I didn't want to bring attention to myself, just in case the infected things killing the people in Lilycove are somewhere in the swamps and ponds of the Safari Zone. I crawled to the pantry and got a 7-up. 7-up always relaxes me as my regular readers know, but right now it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Redlark Offline

I just heard something growl outside and attack something else. It snarled and yelped like a dog really loud. I don't want to look out the window. I'll just stay here under my desk with my laptop. It must have been a Poochyena or something fighting another Pokemon. But that yelping disappeared into the forest away from the cabin. Thank God. To be honest, it wasn't just a yelp, but almost a scream from the Poochyena. Like it was scared and wanting to get away, but it couldn't.

A tree just snapped just now. The ground kind of shook under me. The limbs creaked then snapped.

The scratching against the wall behind me is back. I need to shut up for a second, brb.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

wow.

I have found myself hooked to this, (despite the fact that i have yet to read "And As the Wind Blows")

I found myself with chills (lol nothing has even happened yet)....even though the description and everything was really quite simple, i find it thrilling....and the fact that it is lacking an in-depth analysis on everything is probably what makes it all the more creepy. It makes it more humanistic <--- word? i think not xD

Quote:
Mass armies of undead? This has got to be a joke, some kind of April Fools in July thing, but to be on the safe side I'll just sit tight.

Why am I freaking out? I'm making myself worried over nothing by turning off the lights.
This seems a bit contradictory.... him/her (you never tell the gender) laughing at the matter one second & then freaking out the next..... i suppose it is his mind getting frantic though, so i wouldnt dawdle on fixing that...

I can't wait for the rest ^_^

BRYCExKAT
Old 01-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Redlark Offline

I'm back. I heard something screech outside and mud slosh on the other side of the cabin. It's still dark as hell in here and all I can see are the windows and the rain hit the glass and the lightning every time it hits something.

I'm wont say I'm really scared, but I'm on edge.

I can't seem to get what the radio newscaster said about his, "mass armies of undead," out of my head. I want to look out the window since I'm hearing things and know it can't be anything but the storm, but then again. I'm alone in this cabin, my captain back at the main station never replied to my message, and I've got the strange felwlm

Somebody's banging on my door
Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Redlark Offline

i never answered the door, and I shut my laptop before they looked in the window. They screamed my name over and over again calling for help. They screamed for my name and they tried hard to open the door. Their blood splattered on my window. Something happened outside and I'm still under my desk now with the safety blanket over me. I don't want the light from the laptop to give my position away. They screamed my name it had to be my captain im not sure they didnt say who it was but that voice was so familiar to me i wanted to help them but i didn't want to either. something kept me grounded under my desk. I saw their face in the window but the rain blurred my vision and I think it was my captain. It had to be my captain, I know it was my captain. Oh God, why didn't I answer the door, he would've of known what to do right now and he wouldn't be dead right outside my window. If the rain and wind wasn't so violent right now, his blood would be all over my window. I saw something attack him through my window and his blood, God there was so much blood. It attacked him, it ripped into his neck, it kept ripping away at him with it's jaws. I heard his shotgun fire, at least I think it was his shotgun, it almost sounded like the lightning. I don't know anymore and I don't want to know. I'm sorry, I'm ranting and I'm panicking, but I saw his face in my window and it attacked him. God, I'm sorry I didn't help him. I should've helped him out. I'm such a coward.

Last edited by Redlark; 01-05-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Redlark Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
wow.

I have found myself hooked to this, (despite the fact that i have yet to read "And As the Wind Blows")

I found myself with chills (lol nothing has even happened yet)
Thank you. I'm happy you like. I tried as hard as I can to make it as human as possible, which is harder than it sounds lol.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: The Blogger [PG] - One-shot horror

Human nature is a hard thing to replicate in writing, and horror is the one way to do that. I commend you for taking on such a daunting task.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

Wow. This is really well written. :)

I love how he (what's his name?) stops capitalizing his letters, using correct punctuation, etc. You can tell he's panicking and he's scared out of his wits. I really don't blame him for not opening the door. I know I wouldn't.

But again, you're doing a great job of showing how a person would react to all of that. Keep writing!

The Wasteland

Old 01-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Redlark Offline

There's fifteen minutes left on my laptop battery.

I opened the front door. Nothing was out there but some bloody ripped clothes. I don't know who's it was. It was hard to make out. There was also a shotgun with blood on the trigger and nozzle. It's a standard issue firearm that's handed out as an optional replacement to the standard issue rifle for park rangers, similar to the rifle I carry. I really should've helped that guy earlier. That's what I'm supposed to do as a park ranger and I couldn't, right? But in the end, I guess it's best not to linger on the negative and actually do what's best next time and learn from my mistake.

Sorry, I don't have much time and I'll try to keep myself from going on tangents.

What got me back inside though was that I thought I saw something move in the bushes. I had to come back in. Whatever killed that man beside my window is probably still out there and I need my rifle near me, which I do.

I pray my captain is alright. I pray it wasn't my captain that died out there just that moment ago. I pray my family will be alright.

Right now, my Taillow wants to get out of his Pokeball but I can't let him. I know he'd freak out with the lightning and I don't want to use him unless I really have to.

I have to go!!1!! i;'lwf I'm sorry, it's scratching on myt od9d door !! Nowlws it's banging on my windowm SOn of a bithoislkfed
Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 AM
Redlark Offline

I've only got twominutes left on my latptotp I'm soo sorry I can't stay on any mloonger MY windows broken in, I fired my rifrle after the thing. I shot it ten times And I finally shot iin it in the head twice and it stopped moving. I have to go. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry to my captain. And I'm sorry to anybody I can't help[ anymore. There's somehting at my door and somtheing at my other window now. IAnd I think somehting's thryiing to come down my chinmeyt

This is Park Randger id#327891 in cabin 41 at the Sarfari Zone/. Signing off
Old 01-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Redlark Offline

Yayz! Thank you for all the compliments and tips I'm happy you guys like it.