Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:09 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Winner Crowned in Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Brain!

Winner Crowned in Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Brain!
-04/30/05-

From emerald.pokemon-games.com:

Chris Darrling has Been Crowned the Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Brain!

The dust has just settled at the Battle in Seattle, and Chris Darrling has won a trip for two to the new Pokemon Park in Nagoya, Japan!

Over a dozen finalist Pokemon masters met on April 30 at Seattle's famous Space Needle to duke it out in the Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle, and Chris Darrling came out on top, defeating Mike Papagianis who also had a great day and finished in second place.

The United States and Canada were divided into seven competitive Battle Frontiers for a month-long series of knowledge tests of Pokemon characters and their abilities. Two finalists from each Battle Frontier bested more than 36,000 contest registrants during the Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle competition online. These finalists put their skills to the test at the Battle in Seattle, high atop Seattle's Space Needle: the Emerald City Battle Tower.

"I was losing very badly until I pulled out Rayquaza. It had Hyper Beam, and I don't think anyone expected it to use that," said Chris, who hails from Florida and represented the Brave Battle Frontier in the competition. Chris defeated Saskatchewan's Mike Papagianis, who represented the Ability Battle Frontier.

In each battle, Trainers were allowed to choose three Pokemon to duke it out.

Read the full story here: http://emerald.pokemon-games.com/battle/index.jsp

Related Links
Pokemon Emerald Page: Pokemon Emerald
Nintendo Pokemon Emerald Page: Nintendo - Pokemon Emerald
Official Pokemon Emerald Microsite: http://www.pokemon-games.com/emerald/
Pokemon Park (English Version Website) - http://www.pokepark.jp/en/

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt
Default Re: Winner Crowned in Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Brain!

Has anybody here been to smogon? It's popular around my parts, and Mike (who is from those forums/ that NB server) should have won. With three 00bers and all physical attacks, Chris shouldn't have won. a good team consists of strategy, not pure power.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
HADAA Offline
New Trainer

Cool Re: Winner Crowned in Pokemon Emerald Frontier Battle Brain!

I wasn't invited of course, so I went and was nearly rejected...
....Almost!
Thanks to a kind female staff (I'd call her Ms. J), knowing me as a huge Pokemon fan, she actually permitted me to tag along. Thus I was able to shoot a fair amount of exclusive pictures of the Battle Event.

Go to my MSN blog below and click on "Home". You will see the Photos there.
Hadaa the Sharpedo's Blog
I wrote in Chinese. Though I have no intention to retranslate all into English, I am willing to explain any details should you have any questions.

As for Ms. J's kind permission for me to publish, I expect the same respectfulness to my materials. You may save any pictures, but please site me if you wish to post the pics elsewhere.

Enjoy!

PS: When Chris' Rayquaza woke up, there was a loud cheer. And the downfall was Mike's Exeggutor failed its Phychic attack, which did him in. They both fought well, I reckon.

Last edited by HADAA; 05-02-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense.2
Has anybody here been to smogon? It's popular around my parts, and Mike (who is from those forums/ that NB server) should have won. With three 00bers and all physical attacks, Chris shouldn't have won. a good team consists of strategy, not pure power.
Amen to that. Even though Mike used Groundon, he didn't completely 00ber his entire team like Chris did.

Meh, I'm sure the battle would have been a heck of a lot different in terms of strategy if no legendaries were allowed...

Old 05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
thepokingmaster123 Offline
Master Trainer

Yea, In NB, im a big 00ber user; ppl hate me and I was banned a lot simply due to my team. I know how much of an advantage they r, so I agree w/NP in sayin that it shouldnt be allowed in oficial tournamens that include prises.

MY NB TEAM:

Lati@s (i forget which one, but the one with more ATK)
Soul Dew
Ice beam
Dragon Claw
PSIchic
Recover

Mew2 (the 00brest mew2 u can imagine)
Lefties
2team
Calm Mind
PSIchic ir Ice beam (I change that alot)
Recover

Smeargle
Focus band
BP
TailGlo
sub
Spore

Kyogre, Breloom, Curselax...

Thanx thantos for the banner

Salemence
Level 100 @ 518 Posts

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ead.php?t=8167
I am TheGreatMenotic here
Old 05-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Amen to that. Even though Mike used Groundon, he didn't completely 00ber his entire team like Chris did.

Meh, I'm sure the battle would have been a heck of a lot different in terms of strategy if no legendaries were allowed...
Well, duh, but we all know Nintendo is stupid and wouldn't disallow the uubers.

Also, I found out Skarm (Mike, as you all know him, I've known him as Skarm for my whole online Pokemon experience) lost because he posted a war-story on Smogon, where he mods.

If it weren't for Air Lock on Rayquaza, Skarm would've won. And I wouldn't be so mad about Skarm losing if the winner wasn't a fatass. No offense to large people, but really, it just SHOWS that the kid doesn't do anything but play the damn game. And even he sucks with the strategy aspect.

I am greatly upset at Skarm's loss, and Nintendo really does need to restrict Pokemon usage. Strategy is a harder skill to master than overpowering.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Is this KholdStare or am I mistaken?...NVM, just ignore me...

Anyway, The only reason he even made it to the finals is because he answered trivia questions via internet. Unlike skarm, he probably just looked them up online. Someone like that deserves to win, because, unlike Skarm, it'll be the only gratification from another human he will ever get.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.

Last edited by Matt; 05-03-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

I dunno, getting that beyoutiful trophy... Looks like a mutant Zoloft promotion from my Dr's office. We won some weird chess trophies, but I can tell you my folks would've made me keep that creepy thing in the closet.

And the whole lack of restriction on 00bers is one of the reasons I don't battle at stuff like Pokemon Rocks, etc. At least Nintendo imposed some (few) restrictions / rules. Maybe at some point they will set up special classes for people who don't know how to battle with anything but giant, whomping, legendaries.

I admit, I'm a little bitter, since part of the online scoring was based on response time, and that screws a bunch of people without cable, wifi or t1/3 lines.

Last edited by ashkelon; 05-03-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

The link to the full story show these guys' teams, and that Chris-guy's team is just ugly. Okay, sometimes I use an uber-team on NB, but I always state it clearly, have no probs with unrated and also switch to unrated if my opponent looked over the uber-signs and the battle was rated. I'd never use ubers in contests such as this.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 05-04-2005, 01:40 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Well, the team was pretty bad, I'd admit, but we shouldn't make fun of the winner kid just because he beat Skarm, a well known and respected vet... I mean, associating his weight with his pokemon game is just really uncalled for. (Besides, I'm fat and I don't play pokemon religiously >_>)

However, yeah, I admit skarm should have won, but I guess he didn't want to abuse the rules all that much, which was his downfall. I swear, if Deoxys was out... bam!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:58 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Although I'm not a personal fan of Skarm, I do believe he should've won. It's amazing that he got so far.

I was surprised ubers weren't banned, because that team was simply GAY. I'll say it again,right now- GAY.

Simply put- Skarm should've won.

-PF

Thoughts: I wanted to win.... =P

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 05-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

huh Mike is Skarm eh. 0_0 what an injustice, he shouldve beat that kid easily. Oh well, back when I did the whole gameboy spiel they would restrict Ubers/legendaries. that was back in GSC though, so perhaps times have changed.

If I can get more time on my hands I would like to get back into those. Although that seems higly improbable at the moment.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

That is just sad..The day when a well thought out team takes 2nd place to a team with Mewtwo and a legend with Hyper Beam . Someday I'd love to see a real tooth and claw offical battle using only commons...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art