Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Pokemon: Pieces of the puzzle

After walking for another hour or however long, we had finally, although to my surprise, came upon the Jainan city square. Ashe had been driving me around like a Ponyta because I was half in thought, not paying attention to what was going on around me. Anyway, the place looked packed, and the buildings were high. Both my Pokemon and I looked at the tops of them, over peoples heads to try and find out where we were meant to register, while Shayda, only having her small head poke out, look around and watch out for people that I had a possibility of bumping into. Now is the usual time where important information would be scattered about m train of thought, and I would remember parts of it, Ashe another set of random bits and pieces, and Shayda as well, although she had a better chance of remembering everything.

Stopping, I had a feeling we were walking around in circles and not moving in any foward direction of finding where ever the registration was. I put my bag down and both Pokemon looked at my fom the bottom of my feet.

"Okay, I don't remember what way we came in from." I admitted. "But, at least we're here now. All we need to do is find the-"

Something caught my attention over to the left. It was very odd that out of all the noise, that caught my ears. I looked over, and there was a pale green Pokemon that I couldn't make out through the crowd of people. There was another Pokemon, which I only concluded because it was the size of a tedy bear and it was vividly blue. After some people passed, the two Pokemon turned out to be a Bayleef, and an Azuril. I hadn't seen a Bayleef before, only read about them in the breeding books back home. Right now, it looked over the top aggitated with the Azurill it was chasing around. Ashe kind of looked at the evolved Pokemon with a sweatdrop. Even a Pokemon that was evolved was acting that irrationally puzzled her, and the fact that its Trainer physically held it back was a bit embarassing. Shayda only watched, then we all looked back at each other simotaneously.

"What do you guys want to do?" I asked them.

The Charmander shrugged, Shayda was too busy avoiding getting stepped on by oblivous pedestrians. I picked her up and she clung to my shoulder. She didn't want to go and meet new people, she was too shy to say hi to anyone. Ashe, even though she knew better, rolled her eyes and loooked through a clearing of people, and finally spotted the building or destination. She jumped up and down and onto my head at some point, and pointed enthusiastically to the building. I got up, taking my bag to my other shoulder in reards that Shayda was on one of them and made my way as best I could towards the building before Ashe pulled me forward so much I fell for no reason.

The automatic doors opened, and the inside looked just as large as the square. You could really tell I travelled alot. Ashe was in awe at the impressive architecture and almost leaned off my head. She gripped onto my free arm as it swung while I walked, and was going to move up, but thought it was too fun to let go.

"Okay, we're inside, c'mon Ashe." I whispered to her.

With reluctance, she clambered back up onto my other shoulder. There was a very official looking lady at the desk. She looked up at me, but before I lost track of a straight sense of thought, I asked; "Do we sign up for the tournament here, or is it at the hotel?"
Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Keely watched in horror has an angry-looking Bayleef eyed her and Azurill, an evil glint in her eye. Keely gulped, knowing it was only an amount of seconds before the Bayleef came charging.

"Oh no," she gasped, the Azurill on her shoulder refusing to hear her. She subtely tried to nudge the Pokemon, but Azurill was refusing to hear any of it; she was forcefully ignoring her trainer out of pure spite. "Az? Az! Azurill" Keely hissed, trying to get the stubborn Pokemon's attention.

But it was too late; the Bayleef came running at them, a high-pitched scream escaping her lips, as though screaming out to the heavens of what she was about to do. Keely had an almost comical thought, the angry Bayleef and the ecstatic, stupidly miming Mr. Mime were right next to each other for a split second, two completely different moods and personalities within a centemetre apart.

The Bayleef came charging at Keely, and she was shocked to see that she wasn't stopping in spite of the trainer which was tightly grasping the Pokemon in her arms. The grass Pokemon's head came in contact with her elbow, knocking Azurill out of her hands. She felt a throbbing, tingling pain shoot up her arm and she collapsed, the Bayleef carelessly jumping over her to reach the screeching Azurill.

"You little -" Keely hissed at the Bayleef, who shot leaves at her precious, plush Pokemon. Rubbing her elbow furiously, she jumped up and sub-consciously grabbed a Pokeball from her fluoro shoulder-strap. Her reckless mind overcame her, releasing her last Pokemon out of the ball.

She caught a glimpse of the Bayleef and Azurill running around, screaming and shooting random attacks. Her vision was covered by a bright flash of red light from the ball, forming the figure of a small, red puppy infront of her. Growlithe cooed at the sight of his trainer, before jumping at the large amount of pedestrians that surrounded him. He whined, his intelligent eyes staring at Keely, as though knowing that she was in a careless state of mind.

"Go save Azurill! Get that Bayleef, Growlithe!" Keely screamed, tears forming in her eyes for the safety of her baby Pokemon. She had only just caught Azurill, and was really only a few weeks old, just hatched out of an abandoned egg in the forest. She had found the newborn playing with her Growlithe, over brimming with confidence.

Growlithe turned around to watch the two Pokemon chasing, before turning back to Keely, giving her a responsible, knowing look. It clearly said, "Keely, you don't want to do this. You know how reckless and stupid it is. Talk to the trainer to sort this out."

Keely growled in frustration at her controlling Pokemon, who thought he was so responsible. "Growlithe! Azurill is just a baby! She could get badly hurt! And we don't know where the nearest Pokemon centre is!" she growled, eying her stubborn Growlithe.

Growlithe blinked blankly at her, before barking at her, his eyes travelling towards the owner of the Bayleef. He then ran towards Azurill, scooping her up in his mouth gently. Hanging from his mouth, Azurill cuddled his soft, spiky fur, knowing that she was safe. Growlithe growled at Bayleef, his eyes glinting.

"She's in my pack. You can't hurt anyone in my pack," Growlithe said to Bayleef, his special ability Intimidation kicking in. He watched the grass-type Pokemon's steady gaze wither, which pleased him. He then put Azurill down, walking forward to communicate peacefully with the Pokemon.

Keely turned around, rolling her eyes at Growlithe's peaceful, rational anticts.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

" Gee and I thought this was suppose to be fun." I murmured, sticking my hand over my ears, in the square of ruckus, I knocked my glasses off. Without my spectacles my eyes were as good as a Zubat. Curling my lip back, easily keeping myself from biting it. With a swift movement, I was knocked onto the ground. Pummeling past me I saw a blue figure. Grasping, holding my chest, I felt the cold wind knocked out of me. Falling on the concrete, my hands clinging to my stomach. My eyes blurred, slamming my face into the ground as I wheezed. My hair covering my sight, blackness filled my mind.

---
[ Flare ]
Popping into the light, I nudge my owner he was out of it. His eyes were shut, his mouth wide open. Whom ever caused this was going to pay. Spitting, and foam filling my dry mouth, I stomped over towards the Mr. Mime.

" Nido-DO! RINOO!! RIN NI"

[ I’ll crush your skull like a pancake, understand ?]

I shouted, as I saw the overgrown Bayleef, it looked a tough opponent. Rubbing my large horn onto the ground, sharpening was my favorite thing to do. Pawing the concrete, I was going to show these excuses for Pokemon what I was made of. Cruising in front of the raged leaf beast was a larger monster with sword like hands. Snorting as these sharp, pointy blades were flailed around to show a challenge.

Quickly whirling towards a member in the crowd who had just stuck me with it's backpack. Digging my horn into the human's leg, grunting as it yelled in pain. Aggressively I stood my ground, whom ever dared to challenge my might was going to pay the full price. Five-horn discount on their life wouldn't hurt me.

" Nido-o-o, Ni Ni RI Rin Dorino."

[ Now you going to watch where you're going.

I sneered; watching the mime with my eyesight, knowing the Scyther might attack I braced myself. If that piece of sharp blades wanted to match them to my horn, I'll toxic him.

[ Emp ]
I saw an array of lights filter through my green mess of what you call hair. Flare had made himself known this wasn't good, I didn't want people to know what Pokemon I had. Flare had a problem with hiding; he's always letting a smart remark coming from his mouth. My thoughts overwhelmed my head, moving my fingers with pain. Wrapping them around a pair of spectacles, binding my elbow, sliding the glasses I shook my head. At least I could see, maybe I could act like Flare was my 'cousin' Pokemon. That way they wouldn't suspect a thing, no Flare's not good at lying nor is I. Shifting my olive colored shoe material, letting my knees bend. Pushing against the concrete with my dust covered hands.

With a heave I lifted my hunk of body mass, straining my neck in the process. Giving a mouthful of distasteful dirt back to the ground, I made my way through the crowd. Crying out the name of my darling Pokemon, or now my aggressive Pokemon. Scooping up his Pokeball, snapping it onto my backpack. Grasping the foul air around me, sliding it down my dry, crusty throat.

“ Move out of my way!” I shouted my voice loud and firmed, pushing the reporter out of my way.

Click

“ I dare you to do that again.” I shouted, showing my fist to show that I was for real, crushing it into my palm causing the dirt clumps in my hands to crumble.

Click! CLICK!

Snatching the camera, my hands resting on the lens, taking my fist and slamming it against the lens. Shattering the glass, I slowly, and purposely dropped the camera underneath my foot. Acting like I hadn’t notice it was there slammed my foot on top of it.

“ Oops I’m sorry was that your camera.”

Slowly moving on, watching the man grieve over the lost of his piece of wasted technology. I saw Flare, nor did he look happy, he probably had threatened somebody already. Looking again I saw Flare, a Bayleef, a Scyther, a Mr. Mime, and an Azurill. What was this ‘show off your Pokemon right before a tournament so people can figure out how to defeat them!!’ Great now I have to speak on my behalf, or Flare’s behalf.

Maybe I could slide away avoiding this disaster waiting to happen. The Trainers would question my authority over my own Pokemon, maybe if I whistled for Flare to come over he would. Darn my mind, if I was used to this situation I would be ready but I’m not. Well I sort am, but speaking was the hard part. Maybe I could go back to the cousin thing, and call Flare by a different name. But what, hothead, bigmouth, or I’ve got a bone to pick with you.

I noticed how angry or upset the Azurill, probably lack of sleep. Though it seemed more of a Trainer relationship problem, then I notice the Bayleef’s anger. Opening its mouth to reveal speedy bullets heading straight towards the Azurill. Then I notice Flare his eyes gleamed with anger.

[ Flare ]
This delusional, raged monster held back by her Trainer was such a mess. Well to admit I would have done the same thing. Glancing down at my claws, they looked sharpen, then my eyes focused on the Bayleef and it’s other beast friend. Were my Trainer, glancing around the crowd I spotted a hunk of green. I assumed it he didn’t want to be seen or he would have come out, or it was the misunderstandment he got from his follow humans.

Grasping the idea, I stood firm letting him take his sweet time. Maybe I could do tricks for the crowd like that stupid excuse for a mime. Swaying my head from side to side, letting the air blow on my ears. Which happen to stand tall, picking up many sounds, like the grunting of somebody voice.

[ Emp ]

I’ve got it, I’ll let Flare take the downfall and he’ll come back to me. I mumbled, no that would be rude. Would it, clutching my hands around my head the pain was flooding back.

“ F-F-Flare s-stop it-t-t.”

I spoke but my voice was too soft spoken too be heard by anyone. Dropping to the ground, landing on my knees. The world seemed to be spinning; the pain whirled in my mind. Thinking too much would cause this side effect, if only Flare was psychic. I could deliver a message without my vocals cords in the way and without other people hearing, which wouldn’t happen.

Taking a deep breath, walking towards my noisy, overactive Pokemon. Doesn’t everybody love being in this fun, enjoying, and exciting position I beg to defer.

“ C-calm Down!”

Flare gave me an angry look, tapping on his Pokeball to send him in. Only he dodges the beam, grunting at me, telling me he wasn’t going without a fight. Sighing I patted his head, and glanced at the Trainers. Would they accept my apology, well I didn’t care nor did I intend to apologize. One of this Trainers Pokemon knocked me into the dirt breathless but I should apologize, not going to happen. I would rather challenge an angry swarm of Beedrill’s to a welcoming fight.

As if rubbing the back of my head would do the trick, I sighed. Talking to people wasn’t my ‘thing’, being alone was my ‘thing’. Giving a glare to Flare he didn’t retreat he stood firm, he wanted a fight, and he wasn’t going to get it. I hated when he did this… it felt like I couldn’t control him, which I could. In this situation it made me feel like I was one of those unless fourteen year old who couldn’t do anything, or could I?

Watching the Trainer get onto her feet, as light covered the vast area. A puppy was put in its place, staring blankly at its owner. Looking at the madness, I couldn’t help but think over it.

OOC://
Please read over the mistakes..:O I might have gotten confused on some of it.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Last edited by Caecity; 01-21-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:49 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Ooc: Eheheh...I was half asleep at the time. Heck, at point it randomly switched from third person to first person and back. xD Anyway, fixed now Larvinator. Anyways, remember, ignore the weird looks you get when you show you new pwnsome shinirificle trophy off.

Also..Splishie...no offense, but my trainer doesn't look THAT much like a boy, right? xD But oh well, I make stupid mistakes like that on a frequent basis, so no worries.

Bic:

That was nice. I wasted a few bits of oxygen, painstakingly made by what was most likely some random fern whose name I could barely pronounce, just now. At least, if the hands clasped over the trainers ears were anything to go by. Well, at least Locar had shut up now. Finally, all three of my Pokemon would be sealed back into storage. Emphasis on finally, I added in mentally. I quickly pressed the button adorning Locars Pokeball, currently residing in my jean pocket. Red light ensued., grasping towards it's imminent prize. Locar turned burning hot for a moment as it turned into scarlet energy, but I endured it as I always did. The The heat raced out of my grip, heading around my arms and curling up inside the 3D circle. The Bayleaf would probably have been happy, but it didn't notice. Actually, the reason that it didn't notice was also the reason my plans of giving a quick exchange of names for politeness's sake, then leaving, were quickly shattered.

"AZUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!" The loud cry echoed throughout the air, much like the way a Zubat's echolation does. It only took a moment before my eyes soon towards the source; a loudmouth Azurill curled atop a racing Mime Jr. Half of my mind was silently surprised that the Azurill's bulbous tail didn't hinder the Mime Pokemon's eye sight, but I had more important issues to worry about then hearing issues. My irises stared as the Mime Jr. ground to a halt, and started doing some corny mime act (really, I was expecting it to do the 'Help me, I'm being blown away by wind' act as soon as it finished the box performance. Of course, the Azurill on it lessened the effect a bit). Well, in the end, I guess it was kind of cute. Plus, it did fit the name (Mime Jr, miming; get it?). That was before a million Pokemon hopped into a position in such a short amount of time that I almost expected that I was watching some lame TV show. You know, the ones where some gang of pokemon just happen to appear when the main characters pass by, or how the overconfident hero wins every, single, battle? A spiky bump from what looked like a Nidorino entering the fray reminded me of imminent danger: I'd soon be witnessing a small twister of leaves, fire, and water by the end of the hour.

"Oh no...," I heard the other trainer mutter under his breathe just before a random Scyther leapt into battle, scythes at the ready (seriously, was this all planned or something). The tone of voice he spoke in was quite familiar. Probably because I'd had heard it a million times before. Coming from me. It was good to know I wasn't the only one with a misbehaving pokemon. The look of horror on the kid's face spoke millions. I already had the solution planned out in my head: Get reckless Nurock out to attack everyone, in which everyone would soon fight agaisnt him. I'd retrieve him before he got annihilated, then run before the Pokemon decided to annihilate me in order to get to their prey. But first there was something I wanted to mention.

"Haven't you ever thought of...I don't know...bringing your Bayleaf back into your Pokeball?" I commented, making sure it practically oozed with sarcasm. It seemed like common sense in my opinion to simply get your pokemon out of battle. Sighing, I grasped yet another small sphere out of my pants. Unlike the past times, a bespeckled white beam of light flew out. Shifting and shanging shape, it was soon recognizable as the egotastic Nuzleaf known as Nurock. Unlike what you might expect of most pokemon, he didn't give some fancy pose when he let out. This time, he just yawned and rubbed sleepy dots out of his eyes. "Hey, Nurock, will you listen to me for once and try and stop the battle in your usual," It was this point that I restrained myself from saying idiot. "Way? You know, before we have a brutal murder on our hands."

Nurock swiped his head toward me me, curious brown pupils quickly enveloped by a woody eyelid. So, the moment of truth: Would he listen to me, which occurred about as often as an earthquake does; Therefore doing the right thing in order to save an Azurill from a horde of pokemon. In the end, it did what I expected it to.

"Nuuuuuuzleaf!" It gave a trademark smirk, and allowed an oozing pink tongue to flop out of it's mouth, drool running down in long slobbery lines. It gave it's leaf a rebellious twirl, then simply sat his rump on the pavement floor. Yup, just as I expected.

'Fine, but you'll get an even more brutal and horrifying punishment later today," I mouthed toward it. This bought about an expression on the Nuzleaf's face that you'd expect a Salamence to wear after a Buneary threatened to kill it. In layman's term: It smiled in an amused fashion. 'This time, it'll be for both releasing Locar and disobedience.' Still no response. I gave a sigh and felt about ready to give up. I don't give up that easily, though! And, if I was lucky, one of these strangers would trade me something for him. Hopefully, one of the trainers had bothered to retrieve their Pokemon via Pokeball. And if they hadn't...well, I guess it's sad how dumb this generation of trainers can be.

Still....there was a pretty good chance that there was some pokemon that needed help in that scuffle. Damn, why did my caring, compassionate side have to come out in times like these?

"Fine. How about this: If you settle the battle in your usual way, I might get you a leaf stone." The Nuzleaf's eyes sparked up as though I had just told it I'd give it all the treasure in the world. Seriously, I've never seen a pokemon so excited over the simple prospect of evolution before. Of course, by this time, Nurock had already taken his own actions.

"Nuzleaf nuf!" He cried out, running like a crazed maniac heading into a fire. He stopped, though, after realizing the Pokemon had seemed to make amends (1). Nurock swiftly sat back down upon the floor and continued his little smirk.

Ooc: I edited this post a bit to make it flow a bit better, if anyone really cares.

(1) Edited this part in order to keep up with the continuity of the next post.

Anyway, quick explanation if you're going WTF at the Nurock thing.

When Ava attempts to resolve seemingly violent battles, she gets Nurock out to randomly unleash wide range attacks to get everyone agaisnt him. Nurock is the one chosen, as he's the most bold and reckless. Then, usually, once Nurock's about to get killed by the mob of pokemon, Ava retrieves him and gets out of the way before any of the more violent pokemon attack her out of pure spite.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Last edited by Shuricel; 01-21-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OOC: I wasn't refering to Ava ^_^ I was referring to the owner of the Bayleef.. who's name escapes me

IC:

Keely turned around sharply, feeling a pain digging into her leg. She looked down at the Nedorino, growling up at her aggressivley. She was ataken back, rubbing the rising lump in her calf, staring into the Nedorino's eyes.

"Get away from me," Keely grumbled, as Growlithe came running back to her, followed by Azurill and Bayleef, who had appeared to make amends. Growlithe began to lick Keely's face lovingly, worried for his trainer who appeared to be hurt. Keely shook her head at him, signalling that she wasn't hurt. Azurill leaped infront of her, and she watched as her eyes narrowed at the Nidorino.

As the two blue Pokemon shared the death glare, Nedorino sneered at a Pokemon in a distance and ran towards it. Keely shook her head at the aggressive Pokemon, turning to Growlithe.

"I think we've fully had enough action for one day. Want to go back in?" she offered, holding out the Pokeball. Growlithe smiled at her, pleased that she had rational thoughts in her head yet again. She shook his head slowly, his deep, gray eyes boring into hers. Azurill jumped onto her knee, eyeing the Bayleef who was returning to her trainer. She tapped the Pokeball on her shoulder, and in a flash of red light, she vanished.

Keely heard a slight giggle behind her; her Mr. Mime was riding a bicycle, his psychic powers keeping him afloat as he wore a goofy smile, completing the corny act. She held out a Pokeball, calling his name. Mr. Mime turned around, sensing his name. He still wore the cheesy, miming expression when he was engulfed in the red light. Keely sensed the disappointment coming from the Pokeball clenched in her hand; after all, Mr. Mime loved an audience, and hadn't performed for anyone for a couple of days of travelling.

Keely stood up yet again, watching the male trainer in the distance attempting to return the stubborn Nidorino to the Pokeball. Keely watched, trying to feel for the agitated trainer, but couldn't help looking down on him. Sure, Keely had troubles controlling her Azurill, but she couldn't imagine any of her Pokemon actually biting anyone.

As the Nidorino stood, aggravated, wanting a battle, she noticed out of the corner of her eye a Nuzleaf, smiling gleefully at her. Keely was shocked, and returned the smile uncertainly. She straightened up her fluoro shirt, checking her appearance. Growlithe rolled his eyes at her.

"What?" she snapped, an amused expression on her face. "I can't help it - all my friends at school are going to fully analyze me in every picture taken! And these trainers, well, I can make them look good. I mean come on - green hair? That's a full outcast-maker,"

She saw the thick crowd around her cringe at her laid-back, enunciated accent. She looked at them, raising her eyebrows.

Keely turned back to the Nuzleaf, who's trainer was talking to. Keely decided it was long enough for the trainers to go un-introduced, so with confidence, she strutted towards Ava. Growlithe tagged along behind her, panting steam from the fire inside him.

Last edited by Splishee; 01-21-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

OOC: Owner of Bayleef is Alyson. And I forgot her last name. I must really suck to forget my own character's last name.

Oh, and for the love of my sanity, NO ONE ELSE GET INVOLVED IN THIS. @_@ Having to catch up to everything in one post like this is taxing.

IC:

[Leafneck]

I couldn't help but feel a portion of my pride wither as the Growlithe eyed me furiously. He was intimidating, and also the fact that I had attacked a defenseless Azuril for little reason. I felt really stupid, honestly, but I had an excuse: I was mad. I had been blasted with water and heard two ear-splitting sounds in about thirty seconds. I had reacted off of pure anger.

{I have had a bad, bad two minutes, pup. Just try and understand almost nothing rivals the past two minutes.} I grudgingly added, {But I shouldn't have taken it out on that water mouse. I apologize.} I felt in control of my empotions again, so I nodded respectfully and returned to Alyson.

Lightblade eyed me with an unreadable expression. {A true warrior picks his fights wisely and doesn't let his emotions control his actions.}

I snorted. {Whatever, bug-boy.}

[Alyson]

Oh. My. God. Even though everything had been worked out, I wanted to disappear, just to melt and sink into a crack in the cement, never to rise again. I couldn't even blame Leafneck on this one, because she had had a lousy two minutes and had reacted out of anger. I should have been in control. Not her. Me.

"Haven't you ever thought of...you know...bringing your Bayleef back into a Pokeball?"

It went against my personality, but I glared. I glared daggers. I hated how much of a fool I looked like in front of an entire crowd, and I hated her snide attitude.

"This doesn't happen every day, you know. I'm rarely in company, never in a crowd this big. I'm always out exploring, just me and my Pokemon. Leafneck is stressed out by this and that's how she reacted. You want to be sarcastic, go ahead. I just wanted to say this hasn't happened before." Feeling a lot better, I suddenly saw a Nidorino rampaging through the crowd before ramming into the girl.

"What-" I started before the Nidorino growled and looked around. He wanted to fight, and he wanted to fight badly. He kept a wary eye trainer on Lightblade, who was keeping both his eyes on him, tensed and ready for a fight if need be.

Leafneck was eying the creature with a glint of amusement in her eyes. I could only wonder what was happening.

[Leafneck]

{I'll crush your skull like a pancake, understood?}

I snorted. What a stupid Pokemon. He rampages through the crowd and picks a random fight against a Pokemon backed by a trainer and the rest of her Pokemon.

{Not before I shred your body like wet paper. Nobody wins against me. Well, pinkie? You want to try to fight me?} Sneering conscendingly, I crouched in a well-balanced fighting stance, ready for his first attack if it came.

Lightblade was shaking his head very slowly. {A true warrior picks his fights wisely...} he repeated.

I watched as the Nidorino was held down by his trainer. I wanted to see if he would break from his grasp just to fight me. Strong as he may be, if he wasn't backed by a skillful trainer, he was as good as dead.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

[Emp]
I stared at Keely, she thought she was 'hot stuff'. I could tell you one thing she wasn't anything, far from hot stuff. Combing my hair with my fingers, I notice she said something about my hair. Putting my hand down, I glared at her. Shifting my head to her and to Flare.

" Excuse me, you couldn't make me look even if you tried your hardest."

I snorted when I was mad my words came out like butterflies, swift and fast. I glared at the girl, retreating back somewhere else. I looked around, staring at Flare who happen to be in conversation. Glaring at the Bayleef's Trainer I sighed, gripping a Pokeball.

[Flare]
{Not before I shred your body like wet paper. Nobody wins against me. Well, pinkie? You want to try to fight me?}

After ripping from grasp, I glared at the Bayleef, rip me like wet paper, how lame. Pinkie, that was the last straw, infact I didn't have any straws in the first place.

{Well it looks like you have fought only weaklings, and the name ain't pinkie got that, leafhead.} I sneered, bucking my horn around daring the beast to attack. I would rip that stupid overgrown leaf right off her head. If a Growlithe could scare her down, I could do the same. Slowly moving forward, I heard the grasp of a Pokeball.

[Emp]

"Control is a must, useless street fights aren't."

I commented, I didn't really know if I was talking to Flare or the opponent glaring him down. Or the Trainer whom couldn't control her Bayleef, but how could I talk Flare was just as bad. Slowly pushing the button, pushing out a ray of red light. Circling around Flare as he tried to fight, pulling him back in to the Pokeball, I sighed. My eyesight glancing towards the guide, wom still hadn't recieved my message I gave her.

Slowly walking towards the guide once more, needless to say without looking back at the female Trainer. Did people really think I was an outsider just because of my hair color, well to heck with them. Slowly I glanced around the crowd, manueving my hands across the tips of my hood. Slowly drifting it over my hair, over my eyebrows. Swaying my hands waiting for the guide to respond glaring at the ground. Whoa tournaments had lots of tenseness, breathing it in was hard enough.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Last edited by Caecity; 01-24-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Growlithe

I raised by eyebrows at the unfortunate Keely, who was continuously judging and remarking, building her tower of self esteem. Being with the insecure girl my entire life, I knew that she was really a sweet girl who was brought down by her constant battle for attention and superficial qualities. Still staring up at her, I could read her thoughts like a book, her facial expressions speaking louder than words could ever say. Her face was determined, but slightly scruched up in a grimace, looking at something in the distance. I could tell she was staring at the trainers, judging and watching their every move and action like a hawk.

I had had enough. Running infront of her, I lifted my paws onto her denim jeans, looking up at her pleadingly. I hope she took my expression to heart, as I was trying to tell her to tone it down, be normal and accept everyone for who they are. She wasn't in Foren anymore; she could embrace her real personality which had shined through in Sdal.

-----

Narrator

Keely was walking towards the trainers, feeling the pleasurable breeze lightly blowing her thin, wavy hair. She closed her eyes, feeling the wind rush into her. Walking was one of Keely's favourite things to do, which had confused her friends in Foren and made her subject to being made fun of. But, one of the few times she would embrace her individuality, she enjoyed hiking and being outside, walking with her Growlithe. Growlithe wasn't like her other Pokemon; he could simply walk, alone and silent. He didn't feel the need for attention or to be playful, he was an unusually intelligent Pokemon who was a born thinker. He understood Keely like no one ever had, and Keely found it rather unnerving at times.. it seemed as though he could predict every move she made.

As though knowing that he was flooding her thoughts nervously, Growlithe jumped infront of Keely, placing his front paws on her designer jeans. She opened her mouth to tell him that he was spraying mud, but was silenced by the look she was given. It was a knowing, pleading look; he didn't want her to talk to the trainers. She returned the gesture with a puzzled look.

"Growlithe, these are trainers.. I'm sure that we'll get along. Why don't you want me going over there?" she remarked, kneeling down to speak to her Pokemon.

He shook his head vigorously, now placing his paws on her cheeks. They were cool and soft, the pads soothing to her skin. He stared her down, giving her a meaningful look full of understanding and pleading. She suddenly understood, no matter how much she resented her Pokemon for it. He wanted her to be nice, not to judge everyone around her, the Keely that he had been trying to bring out of her for years.

Keely sighed. "Okay, Growlithe. I know that I've not been acting like myself lately. But I'm just so.. nervous, ya know? I'll try, but it's really up to them to accept me."

Growlithe jumped back down, wagging his tail and panting. His tongue wagged out of his mouth while the look on his face was still maintained, but lighter as he knew that Keely really meant what she had promised him.

Keely gave him a quick pat on the head, and continued walking towards the trainers, the air of embarrassing confidence faded away as she tried to be herself. It was hard, nowadays, being herself. She really didn't know who she was.. her years in Sdal had brought out the best in her, but she felt more secure and comfortable being judgemental and slightly ego-centric.

She walked towards the boy named Emperor, noticing he had made a rude remark as she was walking. She didn't catch it, but she knew it was aimed at her. Staring him down, she shook herself and turned deliberately towards Alyson.

Keely gave the girl a friendly smile, but Growlithe noticed that her eyes were filled with pleading looks. She was forcing the goodness out of her, but Growlithe knew it would be a long way before she truly changed.

"Hi, I'm Keely!" she began, looking around for Alyson's Bayleef. "That's - that's your Bayleef isn't it? Gosh, all the Pokemon around here just love.. fighting with eachother. It's quite.. cute, actually."

Keely patted the Pokeball which contained Azurill on her shoulder strap, giggling.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

"Yes, this would be the registration desk." The secretary answered politely.

Ashe was all too happy, but had to contain it within herself. I could tel that as soon as we got back outside, she would explode with excitement. Shayda ducked into my bag and kept out of sight. She didn't want to be a bother and was a bit shy now that there were strangers about. Ashe clung onto my shoulder tightly to restrain an explosive outburst.

"If I could have you Pokedex, I can get you registered right now." The lady added.

I went t look in my bag for the electronic instrument, then the little Spinarak taking shelter in my bag poked her head out with the device in her little pincers. I took it from her gently and patted her head. Shayda withdrew back into the bag and I passed the receptionist my Pokedex. Taking it from me, sh put it in a slot in her computer and the screen behind her lit up with my information on it. Why would they have a giant screen there was my question, but it didn't really matter now. The screen then started to show pictures o all my currently owned Pokemon; Ashe, Shayda, Ranul, Tsunai and Tearess. Then the screen returned to the still screen of the Pokeball logo it had before. The secretary put my Pokedex back up on the counter.

"You're all set for the Jinto Tournament miss." She said.

"Thank you very much." I replied, returning my Pokedex to my bag.

I made a small bow and headed back outside into the crowded square. Now we needed to find the hotel. I really didn't want to walk into the crowd again, but I really had no choice. Ashe burst out with excitement, and was talking so quickly that I could barely understand her. I knew that she was just happy to finally be entered for the Jinto tournament. It was both our first tournament, and I was excited on the inside. I hadn't been a trainer fr very long, and this would be a great challenge for all of us. I just hope that it wasn't all work and no fun. All training was fun, and Pokemon battles were too, so why shouldn't it be?

Back in the crowd, Ashe was content with sitting, or jumping on my head. I just let her burn off some energy, the little Charmander needed to, or she would be up all night bouncing off the walls like my Persian would back home for some odd reason. Ashe was too bust hopping on my head, to actually remember where it was, and the teal lizard stumbled back and rolled into another crowd. Looking up, she was a Bayleef that appeared very familiar. Then she remembered it was the one from before. She minded her tail and made sure to get up quickly and keep the fire away from the grass type.

I made my way politely among the crowd, looking for the oddly colored Charmander. If anyone found a teal Charmander, there would be a wide variety of responses. I knew off from experience. There was the one where they thought it was seriously sick, just plain amazment, a suspicious grin that usually ended up in attempted theft, or people trying to capture it without the knowing the Pokemon was mine. Now there were two verions of that last one, the accidental, and the purposely attepmted one.

OOC: Yes, I was told not to get involved, but I have nothing better to do. If I got something about registration wrong, I apologize and let me know if I need to fix it.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Ooc: Okay, I should be more active now. ^^ Sorry if I didn't post, much.

Bic:

[Nurock's point of view]

Okay, maybe this tournament may not be as much of a drag as I suspected it to be.

I actually meant that, you know. In about the past ten minutes, I had seen a mob or...eight or so pokemon by my count. My trainer tried to get me into it-almost had, at the offer of leaf stone. Okay, maybe I'm a little overenthusiastic when it comes to those, but back home, Shiftries are treated as kings. Before I was impulsive enough to join in, though, the fight had already dispersed. Well, except for some Bayleaf and Nidorino, but still.

It was at this point yet another girl and her prancing fire dog of death came waltzing into the little circle of chaos. Was I the only one noticing the video camera recording the remains of the fight? There was a lens, looking upon us like a bugs freaking eye. Oh, the new human was talking now.

"Hi....ly!" Bleck. It's times like this where I wish I had a stronger grasp of the human tongue. "Tha...your Bayleef...Pokemon... love.. fighting with eachother. It's quite.. cute, actually." There. She decided to know words I actually knew.

I smirked at the last bit. "Hehe...hear that you two fighters, she thinks you little squabble is 'cute'." I swiped my head toward the small fire canine. Leaping off my little rest, I walked away from my trainer and closer to the Growlithe.

"So, tell me, are you here to fight also?" I questioned.

Ooc: I might edit this with an Ava POV later. I'm just suffering from a tad bit of Writer's Block right now~

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OOC: Nurock is a Nuzleaf, right? xD

Growlithe

I looked up at Keely as she tried, desperately, to communicate with the other trainer. Her fluoro coloured top seemed slightly damp, and I could tell that the poor girl was sweating. As I sighed, a slight puff of fire exhausting from my mouth, I noticed a smug-looking Nuzleaf eyeing me, as though he was about to open his mouth and talk to me. I raised my eyebrows, studying his persona as Keely attempted to make small chat.

Alright, Keely. It's my turn now. I whispered, my hot breath tingling my tongue as my body heated me desperately, wanting to be rid of the intense flame that was inside of me. I guess it was the slight drawback of being a normally-peaceful Pokemon, a lover not a fighter.. mental, not physical. Keely had used all those terms to describe me, and I really only thought the last one fitted me perfectly, but they all generally made sense.

I watched as the Nuzleaf smirked at me, looking at my fiery mouth apprehensively. I shyly closed my mouth, closing my eyes as the flames licked my stomach uncomfortably.

"So, tell me, are you here to fight also?" he asked casually. I stopped, suddenly wondering if the somewhat-tough looking Nuzleaf had read my every thought of insecurity of my strength.

Apparently. Keely - my trainer -, I began hesitantly, adding the extra information, not wanting the inquiring Pokemon to be the slightest bit confused. Yeah, Keely, brought me here. Although I really don't prefer to fight.. I - I guess I'm pretty good at it. I can intimidate opponents quite easily.. being this kind of species. We're just naturally fighters.. I guess.

My face fell, knowing that I had been truthful with the Nuzleaf, but it felt strange. I was a natural fighter, but I'd much prefer to, say, sit at home, attempting to translate one of Keely's toddler books.. I had become quite good at it, if I do say so myself.