Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: TMA: The Return of the Smash War

Can I join? :o

Name: Crazy231
Experience: none in WAR so far, need somewhere to start though
Reason for joining: It looks like this would be fun

(Smash only):
Username: Crazy
Characters: Link, Marth, Jigglypuff most used
Friend Code: will edit in later, cant think of it off the top of my head D:
Old 03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Sure crazy. You can join. Just fill the friend code stuff out and I'll get you your banner. Always nice to see a fellow puff player around.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:23 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

(Brawl Only)
Username: Bron
Characters: Zelda/Sheik main. PT and Pikachu sometimes. Decent with a couple others too. I've also been practicing a few others as alternates/potential regulars, to see what I like.
Friend Code: Available on request (PM), since I don't want random people seeing it.

Do I still have to fill out the top part if I'm not looking to join this for War? That's a bit confusing, if you don't mind me saying.

Never thought I'd have a reason to join TMA, but since you're running a Brawl clan, it gives me a reason. Plus, just cause you're not an unknown who suddenly decides to make one, and I trust you, Ken.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-13-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Yeah top part's for the war. I already know you're FOES anyway. :3
Old 03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Yup, but I hope I didn't make a mistake. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea? The thread seems deadish. Do you plan to have events? The other, pure Brawl clans, seem a tad more active.

I'll see which ones fill up with people or are very active. Hope you don't mind me moving later, maybe.

I'm lookingb at Smackdown as a possible alternate. They seem well organized.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-13-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Sure, you can go ahead and take off. I'm only really interested in a relatively small clan, where I can go around with individuals and actually get people to get better. The starting motivation is different to begin with, and I can't do anything outside of weekeneds, when I do have access to Brawl.

I'm not interested in hosting in-clan tournaments, as it doesn't really do anything productive...yet.

As for now, we need to debate about the stage list. At the moment, there are a number of banned stages that can technically be moved to counterpick stages should there be interest, such as Bridge of Edin and Mario Circuit. Some other ones, like Norfair, isn't up for debate due to its incredible unfairness against slower characters.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 03-14-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Sure, you can go ahead and take off. I'm only really interested in a relatively small clan, where I can go around with individuals and actually get people to get better. The starting motivation is different to begin with, and I can't do anything outside of weekeneds, when I do have access to Brawl.

I'm not interested in hosting in-clan tournaments, as it doesn't really do anything productive...yet.

As for now, we need to debate about the stage list. At the moment, there are a number of banned stages that can technically be moved to counterpick stages should there be interest, such as Bridge of Edin and Mario Circuit. Some other ones, like Norfair, isn't up for debate due to its incredible unfairness against slower characters.
Well, couldn't Norfair be considered a counterpick in that way?

I dislike Mario Circuit a lot. It's far too easy to throw your opponent into the stream of karts that zoom by and KO them instantly.

I'm not sure how Bridge of Eldin is really a counterpick. It's not as if the giant bull thing is entirely hard to avoid. It doesn't really provide an advantage to either player and, IMO, adds more randomness than desired for competitive Brawl.

Hi

Old 03-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

The problem is that slow characters are handicapped as they are. Do we really need to handicap them even more?

Mario Circuit, I've only really played off an event, but those do seem annoying.

The Bridge I can see has the potential to be ok (to the very least). Competitively speaking, it's more a red herring.

I think Onett should come back. Waveshining is no more, after all.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
The problem is that slow characters are handicapped as they are. Do we really need to handicap them even more?

Mario Circuit, I've only really played off an event, but those do seem annoying.

The Bridge I can see has the potential to be ok (to the very least). Competitively speaking, it's more a red herring.

I think Onett should come back. Waveshining is no more, after all.
Are they, though? This isn't Melee, where you have to be able to move faster than the speed of Sheik to compete. DeDeDe and Ike are looking to be excellent characters. Ganon isn't, but that has more to do with L-Canceling's removal than anything else.

Brinstar (or whatever the lava stage was) is similar to Norfair, and it was allowed as a counterpick in Melee if my memory serves me correctly.

I could be overestimating the knockback on the karts some, but idk. I could test it later tonight or something.

Walk-off stages should be banned, IMO, due to DeDeDe's chain grab. It's the new waveshine. :[

Hi

Old 03-14-2008, 03:04 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Are they, though? This isn't Melee, where you have to be able to move faster than the speed of Sheik to compete. DeDeDe and Ike are looking to be excellent characters. Ganon isn't, but that has more to do with L-Canceling's removal than anything else.

Brinstar (or whatever the lava stage was) is similar to Norfair, and it was allowed as a counterpick in Melee if my memory serves me correctly.

I could be overestimating the knockback on the karts some, but idk. I could test it later tonight or something.

Walk-off stages should be banned, IMO, due to DeDeDe's chain grab. It's the new waveshine. :[
Brinstar doesn't have side-to-side and "everywhere but room" for lava damage. Guess it could work as a counterpick stage.

If the case for walk-off stages being a problem with DDD's chain throw, then we'll keep them banned. :3
Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Brinstar doesn't have side-to-side and "everywhere but room" for lava damage. Guess it could work as a counterpick stage.

If the case for walk-off stages being a problem with DDD's chain throw, then we'll keep them banned. :3
It's inescapable, if somewhat difficult to perform (similar to Waveshine). It seems to be the best option not to make that available.

Hi

Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
It's inescapable, if somewhat difficult to perform (similar to Waveshine). It seems to be the best option not to make that available.
That's fine with me, in my opinion. I can move Norfair to counterpick as well.

Oh FA, if you can, check Pit's DI in relation to Puff for me? :3
Old 03-14-2008, 03:14 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Mhm, think I'm staying after all. Getting better with a small group of people is why I wanted to join a clan, after all. And you guys seem to really know your stuff. Those terms are flying right over my head. What do they all mean guys?

I guess you can go ahead and put me in the roster after all, Ken.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Already did. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that we're of a slightly different air. ;)

Edit: I sent you some of the terms and their meanings. If you need any more, just ask. :3

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 03-14-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:29 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
That's fine with me, in my opinion. I can move Norfair to counterpick as well.

Oh FA, if you can, check Pit's DI in relation to Puff for me? :3
I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean who requires better DI to stay alive longer?

I'll check that tonight, but I imagine it'll just be Jiggs again.

Hi