Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:55 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless
Default Re: Shiny pokemon breeding

Yep, Pokeradar increases the chance with the chain number increasing, so by the max (40 is the highest that affects chances), there will be a 1 in 200 Pokemon chance, which is about 1 in every 50 radar resets.

Of course I've only succeeded at one chain before, where I got 6 shiny geodude. My DS randomly dies too often to chain anymore.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:03 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyouChan View Post
Yep, Pokeradar increases the chance with the chain number increasing, so by the max (40 is the highest that affects chances), there will be a 1 in 200 Pokemon chance, which is about 1 in every 50 radar resets.

Of course I've only succeeded at one chain before, where I got 6 shiny geodude. My DS randomly dies too often to chain anymore.
Do you have a Lite or the old version? If you have a Lite, I don't see how it should die that much... if it keeps dying on you, plug it into the charger and chain (you probably do that).
Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Tasteless Offline

It's a Lite, but it dies because the internal power supply is loose and gets shorts sometimes that make my DS die completely, be unable to be charged and unable to be turned on until I either figure out which direction I need to shake the little bugger in or until I open it up with one of those funky screwdrivers and stick the connector back on. And when it dies, of course I lose my chain. And it generally dies after 15 minutes to an hour after playing or if I move it suddenly on accident.

On Topic: I've never actually bred or hatched any random shinies on D/P, my only ones that are mine were chained. Just unlucky, considering I've bred literally thousands of Pokemon.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:27 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyouChan View Post
It's a Lite, but it dies because the internal power supply is loose and gets shorts sometimes that make my DS die completely, be unable to be charged and unable to be turned on until I either figure out which direction I need to shake the little bugger in or until I open it up with one of those funky screwdrivers and stick the connector back on. And when it dies, of course I lose my chain. And it generally dies after 15 minutes to an hour after playing or if I move it suddenly on accident.

On Topic: I've never actually bred or hatched any random shinies on D/P, my only ones that are mine were chained. Just unlucky, considering I've bred literally thousands of Pokemon.
But what I don't understand is this.

He said he hatched a shiny on his 22nd Porygon egg, is this possible? Should it be possible for a normal person to be able to do the same as the person who made the video?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Tasteless Offline

It's possible for the 22nd egg to be shiny, it's possible for ANY of the eggs to be shiny.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:31 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

...So if I bred my Charizard a ton of times, this could happen randomly too? And he said that this was his second time getting a shiny Porygon from breeding, too.

Some people have all the luck.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Tasteless Offline

Yes, each egg has a chance of being shiny so, though it is possible that it will /never/ happen, it's also possible that any given egg could be shiny. This includes eggs you get in-game, too, like the egg from Riley and the guy that gives you the Happiny.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:36 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

So, Zigzagoon's best bet would be to Pokeradar or find his Secret ID so that he knows how many shinies he will run into.

And now, I don't see why I shouldn't just sell my Diamond cartridge, because I spent all those days slaving over nothing.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:39 AM
Tasteless Offline

Well, finding your secret ID wouldn't really help you. You can run into an infinite amount of shinies technically, since after the game cycles through all of the available PIDs (this takes about 6 years, actually) it just cycles back through again.

Your secret ID is just part of the equation that decided /which/ IDs are shiny. All games have about the same number of shiny IDs, give or take one possibly.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:41 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Let's face it; fifty bucks or a bunch of shinies? j/k

I've been waiting to get a shiny from an egg since last year, all I've succeded to do is run into a darned shiny Spearow and 3 other shinies.

Not fun.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Send a message via AIM to SunshineWingull

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyK View Post
Let's face it; fifty bucks or a bunch of shinies? j/k

I've been waiting to get a shiny from an egg since last year, all I've succeded to do is run into a darned shiny Spearow and 3 other shinies.

Not fun.

HEY, HEY, HEY...

I LOVE my one! It's Lv. 50-something.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 AM
kalamadae Offline

Send a message via MSN to kalamadae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Soup View Post
As for eggs, everything about that Pokemon (IV's, nature, shinyness, gender, etc.) is decided once you pick up the egg from the daycare. It doesn't matter if you trade it to another game or not, it will still be shiny. Also, saving one step before the egg hatches and SR-ing does nothing.
Finally someone else to say this. i commented on this on another thread someone swearing that everything changes once it goes to a new game, but thats wrong. this statement is correct, me and my friend tested this ourselves, with both AR'd and legit eggs, cloned of course for accurate results
Old 03-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Tasteless Offline

The shinyness /can/ change, but the IVs/Nature and other values cannot, and this is only because part of what determines shinyness is the OT's ID and SID numbers, which change if an egg is hatched on a different game. There's no way you actually tested this unless you have at least 16,000 different games or so to transfer 10 to 12 eggs between and hatch on all of them, because otherwise you didn't fully test with any good probability of one ever being shiny.

Clarification: If an egg hatches on your game and it isn't shiny, trading it and then trading it back to your game will NEVER make it shiny, because it doesn't change the OT.

If an egg hatches on your game and it isn't shiny, trading it to another game and then hatching it there means that if they have the right OT information on that game, the egg can become shiny, because shininess isn't static.

Last edited by Tasteless; 03-15-2008 at 05:26 PM.