Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San
Default Re: New Catching System?

what is what hannah?

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 04-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah potter
what is this ?
help
You are clearly confused on the URPG concepts.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hread.php?t=61

Read and learn. This particular board is the URPG trainer courts where we make decisions on important subjects. You may post your views relevant to the topic. Remember there is a questions thread in the URPG General, for any queries you have.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
hannah potter Offline
Experienced Trainer

this for
Old 04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Hannah, please do not SPAM in our URPG, and if you may please strict to the rules. Minimum number of words per post is 4, and no SPAM.

SPAM = Silly, Pointless, Annoying, Messeges.

I am back
Old 06-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Kingitar Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syas
I am really opposed to Post Count affecting URPG. It brings the question down to "what is a worthwhile post?". Again, I am not trying to discredit your idea, just offer you a different point of view.

Let's say John Smith wants a Chansey. Regardless of his skill with writing a story, chances are, catching a Chansey with your method will be MUCH easier. John posts that he is going for Chansey, URPG Official says "Okay, 1000 posts". John keeps "Daily Chit-Chat" thread up while he doing other stuff on the boards. He could very well have that Chansey by the end of the week. In fact he doesn't even have to be active in the URPG to make his catch, he can get his posts elsewhere!

Now Jake Smith wants a Chansey, but isn't active outside the URPG, so he decides to write a story. Well, writing for a Chansey is nowhere near easy, so he submits his story, gets critiqued, rewrites it, resubmits it, recritiqued, rewrites it, etc. Maybe, maybe, by the end of the Month he has it.

Jake Smith has to put an infinite amount more time and effort in than John Smith, yet who gets the Chansey first?

Not to mention, if we use your way, EVERYONE could just apply for Chansey, Feebas, Fossil, Porygon, Tyranitar, etc. and just leave that in there. While they are around the site, they let their post count go up normally until *DING* great pokemon, no effort.

Another way to phrase that is: I make about 20 Posts a Day. If a Complex Capture pokemon (Ralts, Growlithe, Magnemite, Rhyhorn, Torkoal, Eevee) can be gotten in 200 posts, I get a new Pokemon every 10 days, with just a Paragraph to write? Doesn't seem right.

One last point on Post Count. Those who are active outside the URPG will garner a drastic benefit from your Post Count idea, while those that are only active within the URPG will not. That, I feel is quite unfair. URPG is URPG, everyone should have the same chance to do something, without having to pad their posts by going to Forums they don't care about.

Two final thoughts for you:
What I dislike most about the idea is how quickly people would gain 10, 20, 30 Pokemon. The best thing about URPG in my mind? Nothing is really Over-Used. There aren't 100 Salamence flying around, Skarm/Bliss doesn't appear on everyone's roster, and I might see a Metagross every two months. People all use different Pokemon. Give everyone easy access to all, and this will turn into Netbattle.

My own suggestion, would be a Recruitment/Cost scenario. Say your recruit 5 (New) Trainers to the URPG, as long as they stay for X amount of time (maybe 10 fights at the least?), you are able to Purchase any Hard Difficulty or lower Pokemon not in the Pokemart for $20,000. That way you need to be active in the URPG, as do your recruits. We bolster our numbers, you recieve the ability to purchase a Hard Diff or lower Poke as a Headhunter Reward.

Anyhow, already 20 mins late for work,

~Syas
I argree with Syas.

My VVP
level 7
Hacthes @ 24
Evolves @ 105
Evolves @ 129
Lv. 100 @ 309

My URPG Pokemon

Lartini
Made by MewDactol12 on Salazard's Den Forum
Old 06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Do not revive dead threads Kingitar, I warned you earlier. Please...

*Thread locked*

I am back
Closed Thread