Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 PM
scalec Offline

Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders

That was...Oh my...Wow. I'm speechless. Words can't describe what I'm feeling. Wow.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

I won't say I didn't warn you...It was meant to be creepy.
If you haven't figured it out by now, Jarre has a very violent past.
Think yourselves lucky, this isn't the worst he's done.

Chapter 12 up soon...

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Chapter 12: A traitor exposed

The pain obscuring my mind began to fade. The jerking feeling had subsided and my consciousness began to return to reality. Is this…a dream? No…I hear voices…calling to me…

“Zanna!”

My eyes snapped open. A yellow face phased in and out of view, like a magnifying glass, or an out of tune radio. As my vision cleared, I realised it was Rye who had spoken. Where was I? The Records room…I gasped. In an instant, all of my memories flooded back to me, bringing with them the horrific scene I had envisioned within Jarre’s orb. Slowly, I put a paw to my head and sat up. “Rye, you said you wouldn’t help me…”

The Elekid’s look of concern faded and turned to a cold frown. “I didn’t.” He thrust an arm backwards to indicate that someone was there.

A hazy, red circle grew into focus. “Jarre!” I gasped, and in my moments panic, fell back to the floor. “You…you brought me back!”

The Torchic stared at me menacingly. It’s sweet temperament gone, he was a Pokemon transformed. “Yes.” He muttered icily, staring at me with horror and betrayal.

But I wasn’t the betrayer here, he was. And I was never going to forget it. “You worked for Scythe,” I muttered. “In her gang, you…were evil.” I stole a look at the Torchic who was now looking at the glossy tiles.

A pained expression creased his brow, and his menacing, blue eyes shone. “I wasn’t always like that, Zanna,” He murmured. “I didn’t want to be what I became.” He sighed.

I turned to look at Rye, who stared at me solemnly and nodded. “But you did,” I said firmly, “And all of the creatures who suffered under your talons…” I trailed off.

Jarre turned hesitantly towards me and frowned. “Did you think I wanted to do it?!” He cried. “Did you think I wanted to work for Scythe? To be who I was?” He paused and shook. “No…It overtook me, Zanna…I was a demon! Scythe made me into who I was; a monster without a soul. I did her evil deeds not because I wanted to, but because she ordered it!” He paused again and studied me carefully before a glazed look fell over his face. “When Raze…when he left, I…I wasn’t the same Pokemon I was when he was here. The only thing that I cared about had vanished and forsaken me. You must understand, I had nothing else to live for!”

“So you ruined the lives of others because you had nothing to live for?!” I spat back angrily. “Then you were just as bad as Scythe! Worse even, a coward and a fool for doing it!”

Jarre took a step forward and glared. “Don’t speak of what you don’t understand! How could you? You’ve never had someone betray you and run off, leaving you all alone. To feel like a black hole, or a deep void, Zanna. To feel broken…” Tears entered his eyes. “Don’t ever say that I was a monster! If you haven’t been through it, you don’t know!”

I grew hot and sparks flew from my cheeks. I wavered as I stood up to confront him. “You had a choice,” I said coldly, “You had a choice and you threw it! Your petty brother doesn’t deserve you! If you thought for one second about whose lives you were endangering, who you so brutally murdered! You think you would feel something!” I shot a cold look at Jarre, who was trying to hold back tears and at the same time trying to stop himself from lunging at me. “But you were right all along! You’re not a Pokemon, you’re a demon! And so you will remain until the end of your days, Jarre,” I remembered the words that the tortured Sneasel had uttered. “Darkrai has your soul now. You’re cursed, and you won’t get it back!” I stopped as my voice rose to a fevered pitch.

My gritted teeth began to hurt, but I was too angry to notice. All I saw was the effect of my words. Upon hearing the line, Jarre’s face had turned inexplicably pale. He must have guessed by now which memory I’d seen. He swayed on the spot for a moment, looking downcast and sodden. But within a second, his fire had returned.

He narrowed his eyes again and glared. His voice had taken on a softer tone, but it was by no means friendly. “You may think I’m a demon, but I’m not the betrayer. You stole into my memories…you couldn’t have just asked, could you? Everything has to be the difficult way for you!”

“And you’re perfect?” I almost burst out in hysterical laughter. “No, I think you’re the betrayer. Of friendship and more. I mean, how do you think I felt when I found out my best friend was a murderer?”

It all happened in an instant. Rye’s eyes snapped and locked onto mine. They widened and wavered a bit before allowing themselves to be torn away. Jarre took a similar motion, though after a few moments he ended up frowning.

“Speaking of friendship, I thought of a name for the team,” He paused to see my reaction, and when I made none, continued. “Team Stormriders,” He said slowly, “For riding out the storm, however tough. This may be one of those situations, Zanna. And I think we both need to adjust.” With a last, glowering look, he turned on his talons and hurriedly left the room.

I sighed and looked at the floor. Team Stormriders…a whole lot of good that did right now. We would probably never talk again, let alone work as a team. I stared at my paws and shivered. Despite the warmth that the room provided, I couldn’t help but shake. My heart was pounding and I thought my head would explode from all the pressure, not to mention the horrors that I’d just seen.

“That was…intense.” Rye’s voice brought me back from my reverie.

I sighed. “Well I’d like to never talk about it again.”

Rye made a small laugh and raised an eyebrow in a cynical expression. “Is this one of those moments when you wish a hole would swallow you?”

I was just about to reply, when I noticed something. Rye had laughed. And not just a snigger either. He’d actually laughed. I looked up and stared at him. A bright, warm smile lit his face, and I couldn’t help but notice that he looked more handsome like that. His emerald green eyes, which were usually narrowed, were now sparkling. Like a leaf that had been splashed with water--completely revitalised! I let my shocked expression fall and allowed a smile to consume my face. “This would be one of those times.”

Rye flashed a grin and held my gaze for a moment longer before turning away.

I stared after him. “You may not have helped me directly back there,” I murmured, “But I can see that you watched over me. Thankyou.”

Rye seemed to hesitate. “I wasn’t about to let that Torchic make a meal out of you…” He paused slightly. “And I wanted to make sure you were okay…you went into a kind of fit. I couldn’t leave you like that.” His tone was more cool now. Back to its usual self.

I smiled. “Well, whatever your motives were, thanks for being a good friend. I don’t know what Jarre would have done otherwise.” I saw Rye start at the word ‘friend’. A look of concern glided over my face. Rye seemed to have gone rather rigid. His back was turned to me, so I couldn’t see his face, but…I took a step forward and peered at him anxiously. “Rye, are you okay? I--”

He cut me off and whirled round to face me. “I--I’m sorry. I have to go.” The distraught Elekid hurried past me towards the door.

I stared at him as he left, slowly letting the door slide back into place after him. What in the name of Arceus? Rye seemed distressed. Had I said something? I remembered the startled look that had glazed his green eyes as he’d turned to face me. It had to be something I did…after that sentence…I shook the thought from my mind. No, he probably just had somewhere else to be. Like he always does when you’re around…The voice inside my head whispered coldly. Gaahhh! I tore brusquely through the room towards the door. I slipped out silently and was about to close it when my foot hit something. “What…?”

I peered down at the tiles and noticed a long, white ribbon. I bent down and picked it up in my paws, frowning slightly. It was silky and smooth to the touch. The edges were embossed in silver, and strange markings appeared across it, like an ancient dialect. As I ran a paw over it, I stared down the hallway. Rye must have dropped it when he ran off, I thought. It wasn’t here when Jarre went. I curled it up carefully and buried it within my fur, deciding I would give it back to him the next time we met, which my previous meetings told me wouldn’t be too long.

Now I really needed to get back. The others would have wondered where I went, seeing as I only told them I was going to the restroom, and that would have been how long ago? I took the elevator this time. No use hiding that I’d been gone, when they probably figured that out ages ago too. As soon as the doors slid open, I took off down the hall, both eager and nervous to get back.

“And where have you been?”

The all too familiar brusque voice of Lani drifted into my mind. I stole a look at Jarre who remained silent and watched me with unnerving eyes. So he hadn’t given me away”I just went for a walk around the building,” I answered. “You know, to clear my head.”

Jarre said not a word and continued to stare at me silently. Happy with the answer, Lani turned to Codan who seemed to be holding some kind of badge.

He smiled warmly at me. “Zanna, I’d officially like to confer this badge to you as a rescuer-in-training. Tomorrow, we start the real training--techniques and all. Here you go, and take heed of our motto: ‘To fight with pride and freedom--our honour as rescuers’.” Codan silently handed me the badge, which glinted in the sunlight.

It was small, with an egg shape at the center of it and two wings on the side, just like the one I’d seen Rye holding when we first met. Only this one had my name engraved in it. It glinted across the center with the PRA motto engraved underneath. “Wow,” I muttered. “Thankyou so much.” I glanced at Jarre briefly.

Codan seemed to guess my thoughts. “Jarre will get his when he’s battled me, like you did. If he passes, he’ll be awarded with the badge.”

I nodded slowly and then stopped. Wait”But I didn’t hit you!” I exclaimed. “You said you would only give me proper training if I was able to hit you.”

Codan smiled down at me meekly. “Zanna, you more than proved yourself this morning. You deserve it.”

I nodded again and grinned, looking at them all with pride. “I’ll do my best then!”

Rye tapped a paw against a sandstone wall. It reverberated just a little. Hollow? He thought. He moved slightly to the left and tapped again. This time, a larger echo greeted him. Yes, it was hollow.

The Elekid shuffled about uncomfortably and sat down at the base of the wall. I can’t do it…He thought sullenly, I just can’t. Zanna…she…called me a friend…The Elekid shook his head as if to clear all thoughts. Why? What have I done to help her?

A voice inside him answered. You gave her advice about the PRA, warned her about Jarre, stopped a potentially dangerous Empoleon, and to top it off, you looked after her when Jarre came. All the qualities of a friend…

Rye stared at the grass below his feet and picked a blade absently. Why did I do all of those things? I don’t even know her…It’s not my job. My job…Rye’s thoughts struck a dead end. His job had landed him in enough peril already. What he was doing now wasn’t any better either. But they can’t know…and I mustn’t let them find out. A flapping sound made him look up. A flock of Starly were heading towards the west. Free as a bird, Rye thought. Why can’t I be free? He picked up a pebble and threw it across the grass. It landed a few inches from a small pool of water. Rye’s brow furrowed as he stood up.

Upon reaching the pool, he looked down at his reflection. Who am I really? The question stared back at his bright yellow face, emerald green eyes and mocking mouth. Am I doomed to follow in my father’s footsteps? For an eternity…?

Phew! Latest chapter up! Take some time out to read, and expect the next one soon.

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-03-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
scalec Offline

Cool! I really liked that one!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I almost felt sorry for Jarre. Poor guy...

Rye's cool, he's so nice, sort of. I wonder what the ribbon's for?...

Great chapter! Can't wait for more! ^^
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entei_3000 View Post
I almost felt sorry for Jarre. Poor guy...

Rye's cool, he's so nice, sort of. I wonder what the ribbon's for?...

Great chapter! Can't wait for more! ^^
Thankyou both!

You'll see what the ribbon's for in the next chapter, though I'm not going to give it away.

My favourite character happens to be Rye at the moment.

You'll notice that he is nice, but I wouldn't be too quick to judge yet. You don't know his past...

EDIT: You'll notice that the first post now has links to all of my different chapters to make it easier for you.
So now, if you want to read or re-read a chapter, all you have to do is click the corrosponding link!

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 04-13-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:28 AM
poke123 Offline

wow i just started reading this fanfic and its really good
keep it up
you are a creative writer
Old 04-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Hey thanks. =D

I always try to do my best with my stories.

I hope you'll keep reading, because it gets really interesting. ^_^

Links
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Chapter 13: Rye's secret

The last thing Rye expected to see when he entered the Records room was Zanna. Not that he was particularly surprised to see her there. I mean, what did he think would happen when he told her about Jarre? For her to just sit by idly? No, Zanna wasn’t that sort of Pokemon, he could tell. She took action where others would just watch to see what would unfold. That was one of the reasons why he liked her. No--stop! Rye told himself again and again, but to no avail. Think of your job…what you’ve worked for. These were the thoughts that had prevailed him to seek Zanna’s record. Rye had watched her most intently. As soon as she had pressed the button on Jarre’s orb, he’d swung round the corner and backtracked his steps.

Unlike the others, Zanna’s nameplate was a pure white and engraved in gold and silver. Upon her figure’s tail was a small, white, glowing circle, exactly like the one on Zanna herself. Rye had made a mental note of it because, not only was it odd, but it was also entrancing. His eyes scanned the blue orb swirling with light that was in his palm. He hesitated as his paw passed over the first button. Family…or friends? A crossroad struck at him, but then, he always knew who he would follow. As a team-mate once said: “You are your fathers son through and through, Rye.” And he’d stuck by that.

Inhaling deeply, he pressed down on the button with a firm paw. Rye waited for the all too familiar darkness, but none came. He pressed it again. Nothing. Rye stared at the orb in frustration. Was it possible to lock an orb? Possible or not, this one obviously had been. Rye could no more see the depths of Zanna’s mind than he could evolve into a Gyarados. He sighed and put the orb back into place. This project needed to be done the hard way then. Pricking up his ears, Rye closed his eyes and expanded the spread of his mind. A faint voice came into focus a moment later, a voice he knew all too well. Commander Virok of the Wingardom Missionary.

“Lieutenant, are you there?” Virok’s voice was edgy, but Rye had expected it to be. No amount of good news could ever please his father.

“Affirmative,” Rye conveyed through telepathy. “Only, there happens to be a slight problem, Sir.”

Rye paused and it was a moment before Commander Virok answered. “What is the delay?”

“Project 105’s orb, Sir. It seems to be locked and is virtually useless to us.”

Rye had to use code. ‘Project 105’ was Zanna’s screen name back at HQ. She was referred to this at all times. The connection phased out for a second until Virok spoke.

“We will find another way to access her past. In the meantime, see if you can attach the tracer. At least we can keep track of her then.”

Rye had to bite his tongue to stop himself from saying that was exactly the point of a tracer. Instead, he replied in a calm tone, though he couldn’t disguise his irritation. “Of course, Sir. Zan--er, Project 105 will be dealt with immediately.”

Rye noticed Virok’s tone sharpen. “Did you just use the name of our target?”

Rye held his breath and bade him to leave. The Commander did not leave, however, and persisted upon knowing Rye’s relationship with her.

“We must NOT, at all costs, reveal our identities or--”

“’Converse with a target unless it is under strict authority‘, I know.”

“Then place the tracer and be done with it. I care nothing for friendship.”

The connection was lost and Rye was left with a torn feeling in his stomach. In that way, he was very different from his father. He believed in friendship above all else. Rye’s face furrowed. His thoughts were confused. His father had said to place the tracer on Zanna, but what did he want? Rye looked down at the long, white ribbon in his paws, engraved in an ancient language. The tracer was embedded within the very center of the ribbon so that no one would notice. His head pounded with frustration. There was that crossroad again…friends or family? A sudden noise struck Rye free of his thoughts. It came from the entrance; had they been caught? Rye sidled up to a shelf and peered round the corner. A red Torchic was approaching Zanna. Jarre.

Rye let off a low growl and glared as Jarre raised a talon to the defenceless Pikachu. “Don’t even think about it.”

Jarre whirled round to face him. “What are you doing in here? You shouldn’t be in here any more than she should!” He nodded in Zanna’s direction.

“And what’s your reason?” Rye retorted. “You must know enough about everyone by now.” He stopped and sneered at the Torchic, whose face remained expressionless.

“By your leave, Lieutenant, but I have business here.”

Rye hesitantly walked up to Jarre and growled. “Don’t ever mention that. I have my secrets, as you do. Which I’m sure you don’t want Zanna to know.” He stole a glance at the Pikachu’s face. It was contorted in agony and he couldn’t help but feel some sympathy towards her.

Jarre’s eyes narrowed. “I’ll keep your secret as long as you don’t mention anything about my past. It’s not for her to know, and I want to keep it that way.”

Rye sniggered. “Well you’ll have to allow this one. I’d say she’s fairly horrified.” He nodded towards Zanna who seemed to be shaking.

Jarre looked on with remorse and anger. “I didn’t choose my path…”

“But you were given it all the same,” Rye added sharply. “And if you thought about--hey!” He stopped abruptly as his eyes caught on Zanna. She seemed to be having some kind of fit. Jarre stared on with an open beak as Rye pushed past him. “Zanna?” He murmured. No response. She must be in some kind shock, he thought. Rye stood behind her and held her shoulders firmly. “Pull her out.” He said sharply.

“What?”

“Pull her out!” He repeated again. His wide eyes lingered on the helpless Pikachu as he held her steady. What had she seen? It must have been terrible to induce this…

After taking a last, scornful glance at Rye, Jarre closed his eyes and focused on Zanna. Soon the struggling became less and she was still in Rye’s arms. Her face looked so serene, though still troubled by the memory, no doubt. He couldn’t put the tracer on her…could he? Rye gently lay her down on the tiles and backed away to a safe distance. Within moments, she had begun to stir. Jarre made to step forward but Rye, instinctively sensing the movement, stuck out a paw to bar his way. Jarre glowered, but doubled back behind Rye as Zanna’s eyelids fluttered open.

Rye closed his eyes and breathed in deeply as he turned his back on Zanna. He felt surprisingly good. He hadn’t laughed like that for a long time. Or rather, no-one had made him laugh like that in a long time. A smile touched his lips as Zanna began to talk. However, she hadn’t been past the second sentence when Rye’s ears pricked up and he started. She had called him a friend. The smile was sapped from his face along with any good feeling left in him. His stomach clenched as he reached a paw within his fur and drew out the ribbon. He twisted it through his paws gently before clenching them and closing his eyes. I…can’t…He hastily pushed the ribbon back into his fur and whirled around at the sound of Zanna’s voice. “I--I’m sorry. I have to go.” The concern within Zanna’s face was exactly what he didn’t need right now. As he hurried to the door and turned the corner, the ribbon glided from within Rye’s fur, safely to the floor.

Rye tore his face away from the pool of water hastily and turned his back to it. Wounds of the past brought back bad memories, but he couldn’t escape who he was. Lieutenant Rye of the Wingardom Missionary. The thought of his job pained him more than it usually would’ve. After all, he did like his job. To save the innocent and caring, while making sure the rest got what they deserved. Rye scowled again as he remembered the lost ribbon. No doubt it had been dropped when he’d bolted from Zanna. Without the tracer, how was he to continue his work? But the thought seemed to lift a heavy burden from him. He now had no choice of what to do because he didn’t have it. He sighed once more and doubled back to the sandstone wall.

The echo sounded again as he tapped it. Rye nodded his head slowly and took a step back. A white glow surrounded his right arm, spiralling around it in a mystical manner. As soon as Rye brought it forward and struck the wall, rubble came tumbling down and left a huge cavern gaping from within. He took an anxious step over the greyish rocks and disappeared into the hole.

It swallowed him up and welcomed him like a lost son. Rye, too, was glad to be away from prying eyes. He needed his peace just as everyone else did. He surveyed the dusty cavern sharply, never missing a detail. It was large and bare, just like he’d hoped for. “Good.” Rye murmured under his breath. A training arena. He’d always liked to practice, and this was no exception. His feet seemed to glide across to the far end of the cavern.

Rye faced the center and closed his eyes, meditating for focus. He struck out an arm and dragged it across the room, before slowly bringing it back towards him. He breathed in deeply and took a step forward, each time doing more complicated moves. He was as good a physical fighter as he was in long range combat, and had spent years learning martial arts for recreation as well as for use on the battlefront. Rye narrowed his eyes, whirled round, struck out and brought a paw round for a hook shot. After about twenty minutes, he stopped in the middle, panting and with sweat on his forehead. Rye was now well relaxed and fully aware of his surroundings.

Slowly, he walked out of the cavern and back to the small pond. The cool water splashed at his face with a strange tranquillity about it. Rye took air in deep gulps until his breathing became regular again. Peering down at the crystal clear water, he smiled and then almost recoiled instantly. “Zanna!” He managed to utter, completely shocked.

The small Pikachu regarded him with unusual interest and then seemed to change tack. “I’m sorry, have I come at a bad time?”

Rye managed to calm down a bit, but instantly began to turn red. “No, not at all. I was…er…training.”

Zanna lowered her head a little and gave a slight smile. “You look refreshed at least. That’s good. But I actually came to give you back something.”

Rye approached with great curiosity as Zanna drew out a long, white ribbon. Rye flinched and his insides lurched again. Oh, no…She seemed to notice and grew concerned.

“This is yours, right? I thought you dropped it after you…left.” She held out the ribbon, but said no more on the topic, obviously downcast about the entire thing.

“I’m sorry.” Rye said in utter truth and for a moment, was shocked by just how serious his voice sounded. To cover up the incident, he quickly took the tracer from her paws. He passed it through his own, weaving it in and out and stared off into the distance absently. Should he…? Zanna, obviously uncomfortable by the awkward silence, immediately turned to leave. However, she’d only taken a few steps when Rye regained his senses and called out to her. “Wait!” As she doubled back slowly, Rye took a hesitant step forward and placed the ribbon in her paws. “I…was going to give this to you anyway,” He said brusquely in his usual tone. He folded Zanna’s paws around it gently. “Keep it, please.”

The Pikachu seemed slightly surprised by this turn of events, but didn’t turn him down. “It would be my pleasure.” She replied, smiling slowly.

Rye returned the smile. “Oh, here!” He took the ribbon from her paws and stepped round behind her. Gently and hastily, he curled it lightly around her neck and let it flow out behind her. Zanna twirled as he took a step back to admire the flowing ribbon.

“How does it look?” She asked him, raising an eyebrow.

“Beautiful.” He replied with a slight smirk on his face. He rested his emerald green eyes upon the ribbon and bade Zanna goodbye as she left. Rye returned to the cavern as he watched her go. But no red light could be seen on the ribbon. As much as he was his father’s son, he also took control of his own life. He peered down at the small, red light that flashed in his paws and grinned to himself. He now understood what friendship meant, and treachery wasn’t in the guidelines. With one, swift movement, he arched his arm and threw the tracer into the pond, watching with pride as it fizzled out and slowly sank to the bottom.

New chapter up, next one soon. Keep reading and keep up the comments. ^_^

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-03-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Aww, Rye's so cool (Aside from his past, anyways). He's sweet, too.

Nice chapter, I'm confused about the glowing ball on Zanna's tail, though. Weird how her orb is 'locked'. Wonder why?
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entei_3000 View Post
Aww, Rye's so cool (Aside from his past, anyways). He's sweet, too.

Nice chapter, I'm confused about the glowing ball on Zanna's tail, though. Weird how her orb is 'locked'. Wonder why?
Ah, you'll just have to wait and see for the orb.

As for the tail, it's just a white, glowing mark that makes her different from other Pikachu's.

So everyone knows that it's odd, and therefore, somehow she doesn't belong.

Links
Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
scalec Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latias_Rider View Post

As for the tail, it's just a white, glowing mark that makes her different from other Pikachu's.

So everyone knows that it's odd, and therefore, somehow she doesn't belong.
Kinda goes with my story. Anyways, that was an awsome chapter. It explained so much, then gave us something else to think about. That is awesome writing right there, folks!

Johnny, tell our contestant what she's won! A plasma TV!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

These last couple chapters have been really good! Intense...but good. ^^
Old 04-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
Kinda goes with my story. Anyways, that was an awsome chapter. It explained so much, then gave us something else to think about. That is awesome writing right there, folks!

Johnny, tell our contestant what she's won! A plasma TV!
Whhoooooo!!! A plasma TV!!!

Thanks so much scalec! er...and Johnny...
Now I can set up my dream of a tiny room and a big TV, lol.

@k_pop- Thanks! More to come and the next one explains even more! *well duh...*
Uh...Thanks again!

Links
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Chapter 14: Kraal and Marilai

A blurred face appeared upon a huge monitor screen in front of Virok. The Electivire started and spun round to face it. “Sir!” he stammered, at a loss for words.

“I need that information soon, Commander,” a sharp voice cut across his thoughts.

“Yes, Sir!” Virok nodded hastily. “There has been a slight delay, but rest assured, my son will have it soon.”

The large, red face peered anxiously down at Virok. “Good, because I can’t waste any more time. Deoxys is gaining more and more followers. If this keeps up…we will have no way of defeating him.”

Virok studied the silent face and frowned, thinking. “Hmmm…I shall send Kraal and Marilai to keep an eye on the Lieutenant. I think that would be best.”

“See to it,” the voice replied firmly. “And send Rye my best regards, won’t you?”

Virok nodded with a salute as the monitor cut out. “Well, you heard him!” he cried out to the room. “Fetch Kraal and Marilai quickly, and have them set out to Likera at once!”

The large, marble building swept up beneath the two Pokemon. They bade it goodbye silently as the elevator doors slid open to let them out. Kraal lifted his head and sniffed the sky. “Rain,” he muttered to his blue companion beside him. “Rain, and a storm.”

Marilai swung her head round and raised an eyebrow. “Bad?” she questioned.

Kraal shook his head. “Only minor, but best to reach Likera before it. We will have to run like the wind though.”

Marilai sighed and stretched out her paws. “But that would be very tiring. I’m sure the Commander would not want us to rush.”

“Our main concern now is Lieutenant Rye,” Kraal reasoned. “We must see that he is looked after.”

“True,” Marilai muttered as she set out forward. “But I call the breaks.”

The Leafeon smiled and followed slowly behind her. “If it pleases you.”

Rain pelted on the huge trees overhead. “Quickly!” Kraal shouted. “There is a cavern not too far ahead!”

The Glaceon followed almost silently behind him. “A minor storm!” she panted. “That is the last time I ever trust your nose!”

Kraal chose to ignore the remark and bounded across the rocks and under the shade of a large tree. When Marilai caught up with him, he grinned and shook his fur, wetting her even more. “Oh, really!” Marilai protested. “Just take me to the cave. This is all your fault!”

Kraal pouted and made a sour face. “You chose to follow me of your own free will.”

“I chose to follow you by the Commander’s will!” she answered sharply.

But the Leafeon ignored her and set off down the path again. “It’s here.” Kraal stepped back and let Marilai enter first, as to be a gentleman.

She padded through carefully and collapsed by a nearby wall. “I’ve wasted enough energy for a whole month!” she murmured, glancing at the soaking Leafeon.

“In only a couple of hours?” Kraal teased. “Never.” He sank down beside her and when he was proficiently rested, set about making a fire.

The task proved rather arduous in the storm, as he had to go gather sticks and rocks. After about half an hour, the two dogs sat around a small fire. It wasn’t nearly enough to warm the entire cave, but enough to keep them warm for the night. “Stay close to me,” Kraal whispered to Marilai. “I can keep you warm.”

The Glaceon shuffled over and lay down beside him with her head on her paws. “Still your fault,” she murmured.

“I know,” Kraal replied. “I can’t do much right lately. Even my nose is acting up.” He bat at it with a paw in disgust.

Marilai flicked him playfully with her tail. “Oh, now. It’s not all your fault. After all, you’re not an Absol. You can’t tell the weather.”

Kraal smiled miserably and glanced at her. “Thanks.”

Marilai was about to reply, when a loud crash interrupted her. “What was that?!”

Kraal ambled to his feet and gazed at the entrance. “Stay here. I’ll go and check.”

“Wait!” she cried after him. “It could be dangerous!” But as usual, he’d already gone. “Oh, Kraal…” she murmured and shook her head gently.

The Leafeon shuffled through the dense foliage and peered out from behind a branch. What are other Pokemon doing here? He thought.

A small Taillow and an Absol happened to be passing by. “You scared them!” the Absol cried at the Taillow.

The bird brushed it’s wings hastily and sneered. “If you had just told me where we were going, but no. You’re all too important for that, aren’t you, Scythe?”

The Absol glared and turned her head. “Let’s just keep going. I don’t want to waste more time than necessary bickering with you. It’s diminishing my brain cells.” She looked at a paw and scraped it across the ground. “And I think I broke a claw…”

The Taillow rolled his eyes and shook his head wearily. “I couldn’t care less for your claws. Not while my wings are wet and I can’t fly! You’ll just have to carry me then.”

“Do I look like a Rapidash to you?!” Scythe retorted. “I’m not a common pet!”

“No,” the Taillow agreed. “You’re worse.”

Scythe ignored him and plodded on absently as he landed gently on her back.

Kraal shook his head in utter amazement. What were they doing here? What errand had Deoxys sent them on now? He hurried back to the cave to find Marilai asleep on the ground. He sighed as he sat down next to her. I’ll just have to tell her in the morning then, he thought sleepily. Kraal gave a yawn and rested his head over her back, trying to keep her warm for the harsh night to come.

Marilai was the first to wake. It wasn’t morning, but at least it had stopped raining. The small flames of the fire had died out ages ago by the looks of them. She yawned and crept out carefully from underneath Kraal’s warm fur. Judging by the position of the moon, it was just after three. Marilai made her way out of the cave and wandered into the forest.

The air was warming up considerably for so early a morning. Perhaps it will be nice today, she smiled. She hadn’t gone further than a few metres when she found a huge tree barring her way. This is what must have fallen down last night. She jumped lightly to the top and rested herself gently against the bark. A few Paras climbed out to greet her and she smiled, gazing around happily. Everything always looked so calm after a storm. “It’s a wonder with all these trees and branches laying about.” she said anxiously. A snap sounded behind her and she pricked up her ears. Another Pokemon? Marilai jumped down from the fallen log and padded around the sodden leaves.

A small Pidgey started as she came into a clearing. “Wait! It’s okay, I won’t hurt you,” Marilai said gently. “What happened here?”

“Get away!” the Pidgey shrieked, “It’s not safe! Not with them around. Flee for your life if you have any sense!”

Marilai took a cautious step back, taken by surprise from the agitated Pidgey. It panted and hopped from foot-to-foot, cradling what seemed to be a broken wing. It’s feathers were torn and cuts were open in several places. “Who did this to you?” the Glaceon prodded gently.

“Who?!” the Pidgey crowed. “Who?! Why, them! The servants of Deoxys!”

Marilai’s eyes widened. Followers of Deoxys? Here? “Let me help you,” she said to the fretful Pokemon. “Come with me. I--”

“No, I can’t be helped now,” The small bird cut her off and gestured to it’s wing. “I can’t even fly. Look at me! Torn and bruised…is there no salvation?!”

Marilai raised an eyebrow. Clearly, she was offering salvation. “Go,” the Pidgey tried to shoo her away with it’s uninjured wing. “Flee this place. Before they come back.”

“Now listen here!” Marilai snapped. “You’re coming with me and I will help you!”

The Pidgey tried to argue, but Marilai seemed resigned. Eventually, it gave up the argument and followed by foot. “And I won’t hear of you leaving until you’re better.” Marilai concluded.

The Pidgey gave a meek smile. “Many thanks, my friend! I am Quoll, of the Forest tribe. We live here in these parts. Or, we used to, before they came and chased us out!” Quoll raised her wing and squawked in terror. “Now we have no home!”

The Glaceon gave a small smile in return. “Calm down, Quoll. Well met, and I am Marilai of Wingardom City. I will help you.”

“Wingardom City?” Quoll asked. “The Marble City?”

“The very same.” Marilai nodded.

“Many thanks!” Quoll repeated again. “I just knew you were special.”

Marilai merely nodded again and told Quoll to follow her back to the cave. The Pidgey set off with no argument this time and a determined expression upon her face, which instantly failed when a loud crash sounded. “Wah! What was that?!” she squawked in despair. “We are doomed!”

“Calm down, Quoll! I’m sure it was nothing.” But as she turned to go, her fears were confirmed.

“No, I’d pretty much say the bird’s right.”

A malicious smile erupted from a Taillow in front and, behind him, a pure black Absol. Quoll cowered behind Marilai and shrunk to the size of a large berry. “You--you work for Deoxys!” Marilai stammered.

“Well, she knows something,” the Taillow commented. “Scythe, why don’t we give her a prize?”

The Absol glanced down at the Glaceon, obviously unimpressed and bored. “She’s kind of scrawny, Raze…”

“Oh, come now,” Raze replied in a sweetly false voice. He peered down at the two small Pokemon. “Now, sweethearts, you have two options. We have option A, which we used on our little Pidgey friend here,”--he jabbed a wing at Quoll who, if possible, shrank even smaller--“Or, we have option B, which is yet to be tested.”

Marilai took a step back and motioned silently to the Pidgey, who moved it’s head a fraction to the side. “We--we choose…option C!” she shouted. “RUN!”

She turned round and bolted, with Quoll holding onto her tightly with her talons. Marilai didn’t look back as she heard Raze curse, she just kept running for her and Quoll’s life. She bounded over a log and across the rocks in a stream, only to be confronted by the Absol, Scythe, who skidded to a halt in front of them. “How?!”

Scythe let out what Marilai supposed was a laugh, but it came out more as a cackle, which actually suited her better. “I’m not an Absol for nothing, you know,” she smiled maliciously. “The disaster Pokemon…I don’t just sense them, I create them!”

She lunged forward and went to catch the Glaceon in her jaws, but missed as she leapt agilely out of the way. She ran along the path again and decided to turn round and cut back to the cave. The entrance would be too small for Scythe, and Raze wouldn’t win in a fight against both her and Kraal alone. She jumped onto the side of a tree and kicked off, flying over the head of the pursuing Absol. But Marilai miscalculated the jump and caught her paw on a rock when she landed, causing both her and Quoll to tumble across the forest floor, only to stop a metre away from Raze’s talons.

“Look,” he said in a surprised tone. “Fast food.” Scythe bounded in front and stopped beside Raze. “Give you a run for your Poke, eh, Scythe?” He twittered in laughter and only stopped when she glared at him.

“Teach you to mess with me, brats!” Scythe’s eyes blazed a fiery red.

Marilai stepped protectively in front of Quoll. “Leave us alone! You don’t have any right being here!”

“It’s a free world,” Raze snapped. “Lucky for you.”

Scythe made no comment and bore down upon her. “Hear your petty screams as you cower within my jaws!”

And this time, Marilai wasn’t quick enough. Scythe’s jaws closed around her body and tore through her flesh. Marilai let out a blood curdling yelp.

“Hear her scream!” Raze shouted in triumph.

Quoll shrank as she stared up at the crushed Glaceon in terror. Marilai felt blood ooze from the deep holes within her fur and her ears drooped. She was nowhere near strong enough to escape. Quoll could do little in her injured state, and Kraal was back at the cave. Scythe gave another squeeze and Marilai screamed again as she felt the fangs drive further within her. Kraal…

The Glaceon’s screams seemed to echo throughout the cave in which Kraal was sleeping. He woke with a start and jumped up. “Marilai!”

He ran as fast as his paws would carry him to the place where the scream had emanated from. He skidded to a halt as his eyes gazed at an unfamiliar scene. A small Pidgey cowered on the ground next to a watchful Taillow and a black Absol. As his eyes moved further up, he spotted Marilai. Kraal’s eyes seemed to spark and he let off a low growl.

Within seconds, he had batted the Taillow aside and set about wrestling Marilai from the Absol’s jaws. He dug his claws into it’s face as the Absol swung them both around in midair. It wasn’t giving up without a fight. Kraal scrambled to grab hold of the Absol and when he had, raised a paw and swiped it across it’s face. It reeled back and howled, dropping them both to the forest floor. Marilai landed next to Kraal, but she seemed barely conscious. Kraal backed away as the two Pokemon seemed to regain their senses. What would happen to them?

“Kraal…” A weak cry reached him through the air. He turned his head slightly to the side to see Marilai standing weakly with several deep wounds in her back and stomach. “You came…”

“I heard you scream,” he said gently, “Not even a blizzard would have kept me from you.”

Marilai smiled at him weakly. “What should we do?”

The Leafeon looked at their two pursuers and thought. “Can you run?”

She nodded, but turned to look at the Pidgey. “I can’t leave her. She needs help.”

Kraal growled and narrowed his eyes. “We’ll have to fight our way out then. Are you sure you’re strong enough?”

Marilai looked first at Quoll, then turned her icy head to Kraal. “I can do it if need be, and I have you. We can help Quoll together.”

Kraal gathered that ‘Quoll’ was the name of the Pidgey. He nodded slowly and turned to face Deoxys’ followers. “If you want us, you’ll have to take us by force!”

Raze snorted from Scythe’s back. He flew down and landed gently in front of Kraal. “Why do they always make it so easy?”

Marilai growled and blew the Taillow a few inches back from her snort. The four Pokemon eyed each other across a span of barely five metres. The two dogs stepped protectively in front of Quoll, who, at Marilai’s signal, backed away to the nearest tree. Scythe and Raze glared. “A battle to the death, then?” Kraal’s own voice sounded steely.

Raze inclined his head slowly without removing his eyes from either Pokemon. “Fine,” Kraal lowered his stance and saw Marilai do the same. “So be it.”

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-03-2008 at 02:55 AM.