Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Chromatic Alchemist Offline

Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist
Default Can't beat Mauville Gym Leader >:(

I have the following team:

Grovyle: Pound, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Quick Attack.

Kirlia: Calm Mind, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport

Swellow: Peck, Wing Attack, Double Team, Quick Attack

Yea, I know what you're thinking, suckish team and moveset. I need a startegy, and just so you know, the leader is the Electric guy.

l links l
Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Can't beat Mauville Gym Leader >:(

For your team, I have two options:

1: Send out Grovyle and start using Fury Cutter. The more times it hits in a row, the more powerful it gets. Don't heal or else you will lose your boosted power. As long as you can survive, you will have an extremely powerful attack for his most powerful pokemon.

2: Send out Kirlia and use Double Team a few times. After that, start using Calm Mind. This will make it so your opponent wont be able to hit you and Kirlia's Confusion technique will be boosted by Calm Mind.

Note: Shock Wave, a move known by Wattson, will hit your pokemon no matter what, making Double Team uneffective. Magnemite and Voltorb don't know Shock Wave so you can power up during this time. If Kirlia has already powered up her Special Attack, I think she should be able to KO her opponents before she bites the dust.

Those are my ideas, try them if you like. I hope they work for you!
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Chromatic Alchemist Offline

Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist
Default Re: Can't beat Mauville Gym Leader >:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmarMan View Post
For your team, I have two options:

1: Send out Grovyle and start using Fury Cutter. The more times it hits in a row, the more powerful it gets. Don't heal or else you will lose your boosted power. As long as you can survive, you will have an extremely powerful attack for his most powerful pokemon.

2: Send out Kirlia and use Double Team a few times. After that, start using Calm Mind. This will make it so your opponent wont be able to hit you and Kirlia's Confusion technique will be boosted by Calm Mind.

Note: Shock Wave, a move known by Wattson, will hit your pokemon no matter what, making Double Team uneffective. Magnemite and Voltorb don't know Shock Wave so you can power up during this time. If Kirlia has already powered up her Special Attack, I think she should be able to KO her opponents before she bites the dust.

Those are my ideas, try them if you like. I hope they work for you!
Thanks, but I got bored, raised my Pokemon, and Kirlia learned Psychic, which pretty much pwned them all.

l links l