Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default .Kuragari. {Chapter Two Up]

.KuragarI.

Finally, I'm getting this up. n__n;; There's gonna be a lot of violence and such, and probably some swearing. ^^ So yeah.

Welcome to Kuragari. This is a fic based on a roleplay that kinda swamped Pe2k a little while ago, called The Merines. The characters I invented for it have claimed such a special place in my heart, I couldn't bear to lose them once the roleplay ended. One of these was named Kuragari.

She's one of my favourite characters of all time, I must say. She's nothing amazingly special, but she gave me some laughs and I think she was popular. O: But her past is so brutal and complicated, I needed to get it down on paper. Or, Microsoft Word. So I have. ;D I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I don't make it too hard to understand. Ahah. o.o

Also, King of Rohan and myself are working in conjuction. He is doing the same thing, only with his own character, Leo. It may be a good idea to regularly read his as well as mine, as they do coincide. For the fic, please click below.

.Leo.

Chapters;;

.ChapterOne;

.ChapterTwo;

Last edited by Tombi; 08-18-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: .Kuragari. [Don't Post Yet]

.Chapter .One;;

There was complete silence in that room. Complete utter silence. It wasn’t an exaggeration. Of course, the room was filled with people. Over twenty of them. But nobody spoke. Nobody made a sound. It seemed as though nobody even breathed.

It wasn’t exactly the friendliest of atmospheres either. It seemed... cold. The air was thick with something like tension, so abundantly laced with fear you could almost taste it.

There were four grey walls, a ceiling and a floor. That was it, aside from the main feature. A gigantic oak table with a shine like liquid stood proudly as the centrepiece, held off the floor on four legs ending in carved, clawed feet. There were also chairs, lined up like a chorus line all the way around the edge. They matched the table, vaguely... but at the very head of the table, furthest from the steel door, was a throne-like chair. It was painted silver – or maybe it was silver – and navy cushions plumped it up considerably. It looked out of place, like a king amongst peasant villagers, or an orchid amongst dandelions. But despite its grandeur, there was something sinister about the chair; indeed, there was something sinister about the entire place. This throne was empty, and every single pair of fearful, dilated pupils was fixed on it.

Every chair (except, of course, the throne) was filled by the carriers of the said pupils. They were strangely similar: all were dressed in the same black suits, the same navy ties, the same shining shoes. They all had the same badge attached to their lapel. It was small and black, rimmed with gold, and decorated with a single ornate golden ‘S’. Every expression was the same. All hands were on the cool surface of the polished wood. Still nobody spoke, or moved. There was silence.

A pair of dark grey eyes moved sideways along the table, studying the hands that rested on the wood. One pair was shaking. The eyes halted on these hands and moved upwards agonisingly slowly to rest on the face. Such a cowardly face. It was so obvious... there’s betrayal written in his expression... such filth... how he longed to stamp them out, mutilate them until they were no more...

The eyes moved back down to the hands, and then slowly returned to the throne. The grey pits did nothing for the face which held them, but then again, the face wasn’t exactly one that seemed to bother about appearance. It was in no way ugly, but it was enough to make any man think about his next words. It was an intelligent face, if slightly frightening, framed with short brown hair with two long parts on either side at the front. The fathomless eyes were sealed behind rectangular glasses, which he pushed up his nose using his right ring finger. He was closest to the throne, seated on the chair to its immediate right. His gaze didn’t move from it. Like the others, his expression held fear, but not the same fear that the others were feeling.

Why is he late..?

He fell gradually into deep thoughts, although his impassive expression did not change. The man next to him glanced at the throne briefly; a soft clicking noise filled his ears as his head moved. He blinked slowly, his own dark, liquid eyes more restless than his neighbours. His appearance was also a lot more friendly-looking, although a lot more extravagant. Shiny black hair fell to below his shoulders and his skin was tanned, his features carved and handsome. Tiny feathers and wooden beads, which were obviously the source of the clicks, decorated his hair in small amounts, and his general air was one of relaxation.

One chair along, it was a different story. A youth was sprawled in the seat, so low down you could only see his eyes over the tabletop. He was obviously sulking. Large blonde spikes of hair exploded from his head in an extreme fashion, and his green eyes raked the faces of the people sitting opposite.

Stupid worshippers... what’s so great about that old guy anyway... heck, he must be at least thirty...

He sniffed loudly and sat up a little further, his face becoming visible. It was slightly childish, yet there was a cocky air of smugness around it. A white stick protruded from the corner of his mouth, which proved to be a lollypop of some sort.

I’m wasting my time here. I could be with the O.G’s down in the real side of town...

The atmosphere suddenly stiffened. Silent black flames had erupted in a circle around the throne. There were stifled cries of alarm from a few inexperienced people, but to others, including the three people on the right hand side, this was completely normal. Eyes brimming with anticipation were fixed on the circle of flames as they licked up the silver legs, embers shining, sparks flying. The man closest to the throne relaxed, his glasses shining white and blind in the shivering light of the fire.

The flames suddenly reared, then fell back. Dark smoke rose from the centre of the fiery ring, twisting and entwining around the throne. It gathered together on the plump seat, moulding together and becoming thicker and thicker. In a few moments, it changed completely; it was neither solid nor gas – not as thick as a solid, but not as thin as gas. It started to move in certain places until it was the exact shape of a human person. This eerie silhouette sat still for a few moments. All eyes in the room were fixated on it, as if expecting some explosion of some sort. But there was not. The smoke faded into facial features, into clothes, into limbs and a body, until a man sat calmly in the throne’s seat.

Once again, there was complete silence as every person in the room gazed with blank fixation upon the man. If you or I took a very quick, fleeting glance at this person, we would probably be under the impression that it was a very odd looking woman, but it was not. His elegant face was bloodless, his dark eyes slits. His navy hair was long and thin, easily brushing his slim waist. A dark blue robe clung to his frame, the sleeves only just showing his slender fingertips, and his small feet were bare, flat on the cold stone floor.

“... My Lord.”

The silence was finally broken. The man in glasses closest to the throne smiled and closed his eyes after speaking, bowing his head slightly.

“I was worried. You have never been late before.”

The man in the throne did not answer. A small smile tugged at the corners of his thin, cruel mouth as he turned his gaze upon him.

“Worried? That’s not like you, Aa... maybe you are becoming soft..?”

The man’s voice was so incredibly quiet that it kept breaking in the middle of words, yet every single person in the place heard him perfectly. Aa opened his eyes and raised his head, his cool grey eyes meeting the narrow black ones without fear.

“Soft? Of course not.” He brought his ring finger to the bridge of his nose and pushed up his glasses, the lenses flashing. “I merely wondered where you were.”

The man watched him thoughtfully.

“But, Aa... I am not a child. Must I seek your permission to go places..?”

“If you would consent to, My Lord, I would prefer it.” A smile passed his face once more, before he fell silent. The man, apparently a Lord of some kind, moved his sight across the people around the table. Some flinched, some looked away, and some met his gaze steadily. Sometimes, he would stop and gaze at a certain person for a while, before moving on. Under this scrutiny, some men would break down... as he knew they would.

“I’m sorry!” One man screamed suddenly, pushing back his chair with a scrape and throwing himself to his feet. “I’M SORRY!”

There was a stunned silence. The wretched follower stood there panting, sweating pouring down his face.

“Lord Obu,” He whispered. “Forgive me... you must forgive me...”

“Must...?”

Obu’s dark eyes narrowed even more. He stared at the man with a completely impassive expression, but Aa, who was nearest, could feel the steady build up of rage radiating from his feminine stature.

“I must do nothing. You... betrayed me. You are filth.”

Aa smirked. Of course, this was the same man who he had noticed earlier. The one with the shaking hands, the guilty face. Of course he noticed him. He stank of treachery.
The man let out a moan and clutched at his head with both hands, his eyes wide with fear.

“They tortured me!” He cried, his chest heaving. “Forgive me, My Lord! Please!”

His voice rose to a shriek. Obu contemplated him for a few seconds, before slowly raising his right hand.

“... You shall do no more damage,” He said softly. His hand slowly clenched. Glowing ropes of blue aura twisted around his fist, and at the same time, around the man’s chest in the area of his heart. He screamed a terrible scream of anguish as Obu tightened his fist, which seemed to tick like a heartbeat. Seconds passed. The man’s face turned a dark red. His eyes rolled up in his head. Blue veins pulsed in his skin and neck.

“Filth,” Aa muttered happily, as the man slumped forward. He hit his head on the table on the way down. He was dead before he hit the floor.

Last edited by Tombi; 08-18-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Tombi Offline

.Chapter .Two;;

Beep. Beep. Beep.

“...”

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

“... Uhn..?”

BEEEEEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

“... Uhn.”

Why was everything black? And why was there no oxygen? And why was she feeling claustrophobic all of a sudden?

She blinked sleepily. Her eyelashes brushed material and she raised her head a little, feeling a cool breeze waft onto her hot face. A corner of a thick duvet hung in front of her eyes and she attempted to focus, her body not yet responding to the wake-up call.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEP.

“Ugh.”

Her head fell forward again onto a soft pillow as she slid a hand out from under the covers, flailing blindly and pathetically for the irritating source of the noise.

“Kuuuuuuuuuuuuura-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!”

She winced. As if the alarm clock wasn’t bad enough, She thought grumpily as her hand collided with it; it slipped from the bedside table and fell to the floor with a sorrowful thud. She winced again.

“Kuragaaaaaaaaaaaaaariiiiiiiiiiii! Are you awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake?”

Even from downstairs, the voice was loud and shrill enough to reach her bedroom. She obediently lifted herself free from the suffocating clutches of the pillow, not because she was being told to, she told herself, but because sleeping was getting boring anyway. Yeah. That’s right.

“KURA, ARE YOU AWAKE?!”

Kuragari made an impatient noise in the back of her throat.

“NO, I’M STILL FAST ASLEEP AND THERE’S NO WAY IN HELL I’M EVER GONNA WAKE UP!” She yelled back, blowing strands of jet-black hair from her face as she sat up, the duvet falling off of her back and onto the bed. She raised a slender hand and pushed back her fringe, revealing her beautiful, delicate features: eyes of a deep, dark blue, framed by long, dark eyelashes; pale, tender skin; a teasing, slightly sulky mouth and a sheet of raven hair, shining blue in the morning light flooding through her bedroom window. She blinked blearily, gazing around her bedroom. It was small- not cramped small, but a sort of cosy small- and decorated in plain, neutral colours. With a sigh, she swung her long, shapely legs off the bed and hauled herself up, glancing downwards as her warm feet connected with the cold wood flooring. She listened. There was silence from downstairs.

Thank you, she thought haughtily as she walked across her bedroom to the door, reaching for her short silk dressing-gown as she went. As she emerged, pulling the gown tight around her slender waist, a pair of thick hairy arms wrapped themselves around her and pulled her into a bone-crushing embrace.

“Hey, beautiful! How’re you today?”

“Hey, dad...” Kuragari muttered, unable to keep the smile from her face however much she stubbornly tried to beat it back. “I’m okay.”

She looked up into her father’s face. It was solid, weather-beaten and slightly intimidating, but at the moment it was grinning in such a way that it was impossible to feel frightened. His cropped brown hair was bleached by the sun and his light blue eyes sparkled down at her.

“That’s good to hear, princess! What are you up to today, hmm? Coming out with your old dad?”

Kuragari thought the only way that she’d go anywhere with her father is if it was to his funeral, and prised herself out of his firm grip.

“No way... you’d make me mow the lawn or something...”

Her father blinked, and then roared with laughter.

“That’s my girl! You’re dead independent, just like your mother!”

“Right...” Kuragari muttered distractedly, already heading down the stairs as fast as she could without making it look like a deliberate escape. The end of the descent lead her straight into the small kitchen, where a young-looking woman with soft blonde curls was busy at the table in front of a wooden tub. As Kuragari padded further into the room, it became obvious that the tub contained clothes.

“Hello, darling,” The woman smiled warmly, lifting up a sopping shirt and wringing it out firmly. “How are you today?”

Kuragari sighed on her way to the kitchen cupboards. Hearing the same question twice was wearing. But of course, she was used to it.

“Fine,” She answered bluntly, as she did every time. Even if she was ill, tired, stroppy or upset, the answer was still the same. Why bother changing it? It wouldn’t make any difference.

“And what are you up to today?”

Kuragari stopped rootling around for a source of sustenance and closed her eyes. Once again, the same question. Do they have no life whatsoever?

“I don’t know.”

“Oh, darling, you really should plan ahead you know.”

“Why?” She resumed her search. “I don’t want to wish my life away... because unlike some, I actually have one.”

Her mother opened her mouth to answer, her blue eyes indignant, but whatever she said in reply was drowned out by a loud ringing of a bell from outside the house. Kuragari smirked as she turned towards the open door, an apple clutched in her right hand and a small brown pouch in the other.

“Really, mother... that noise is disturbing.”

The day was delicious. The sun beat down on the small house and everything around it, but a gentle breeze kept everything perfect. The dirt street, lined with more little houses, trees and foliage, was merrily alive with traders and merchants, eager to show off their merchandise; twirling woman in dresses with baskets of roses and fruit; men flashing gold watches and jewellery to the passers-by; animals and birds, plants and food... nothing went amiss. Two large black hairy creatures with stout legs, long noses and two thick white horns protruding from the sides of their heads were plodding along slowly, pulling along a wooden cart behind them. The cart was piled with rusted metals of all sorts, scraps and unwanted objects like kettles and pitchforks. A man sat in pride of place, a whip in one hand and a bell in the other.

“Scrap metal to buy and sell! Scrap metal!” He hollered loudly over the noise of the people and his own bell. Kuragari winced slightly at the noise as she approached the cart, hot red dirt puffing up from the ground with every step she took.

“Hey, Boro!” She said loudly over the racket. “Got anything for me yet?!”

“Ehhhhh?” The man blinked his pair of crinkled black eyes and leaned down from his seat, adjusting his cloth cap over his messy brown hair. “Whossat? That ye, Kura?”

Kuragari grinned up at him. “Who else? You got what I want yet?”

“’Course, honey,” Boro answered, giving her a wizened smile and sitting back up straight. “Old Boro gets anythin’ his customers want.”

“I’m barely a customer,” Kuragari muttered as Boro turned in his seat, digging into the pile of metal with much clanging and crashing.

“This was no easy feat, honey,” He said breathlessly as he turned back to face her. “I normally deal in scrap. This is somethin’ special.”

Kuragari’s anticipation rose as Boro lowered his clumsy, brown hands down in front of her. He was holding a large sword of ornate design; the metal of the blade, which widened away from its setting and then thinned into a point, was dull and seemed uncared for; the hilt was engraved with a type of navy stone, set into a entwining pattern that swirled fancily. Her eyes roved hungrily over it, then narrowed slightly as Boro lifted it back up out of view. He glanced around nervously.

“Had a lot o’ trouble gettin’ hold o’ that,” He told her, lowering his voice. “Don’t want anybody thinkin’... I mean, it’s not Palupian-made... if anybody knew-“

“Where’s it from?” Kuragari interrupted. “Where was it made?”

Boro seemed highly uncomfortable. He looked down into the girl’s face, which was set and impassive. Her eyes were fixed longingly on the blade.

“Well... I don’t know if I should go shootin’ me mouth off abo-“

“Is it Kirikorosan?”

Boro looked thoroughly alarmed.

“Shush, girl!” He hissed, glancing around edgily. “If ye must know... yeah.”

There was no mistake. Kuragari gave a small shudder of anticipation.

“Okay, hand it over.”

“Wh-What? Listen, honey, this thing ain’t leavin’ my hands until I know that your parents are okay with it... and I need a decent coin, too.”

The familiar burning feeling of fury bubbled in the pits of her stomach, but Kuragari didn’t tear her eyes from the blade.

“Hand it over.”

“Listen, honey-“

“Give it to me!”

“Okay, okay!” Boro stared nervously at the passers-by, who were beginning to stare. He gave them a wobbly grin, and then looked back at Kuragari. “Just shush! Don’t tell anybody, I gave it to ye, understand? No good for business, handling metal like this... but I still want that pay.”

“Sure, whatever,” Kuragari answered briskly, reaching up for the sword, but Boro held it out of her reach.

“Let me wrap it up, first... don’t want people seeing ye walkin’ away from me stand holding a bloody great sword that can slice people’s heads off...”

The minute these words left his lips he regretted it; at the mention of this violence, Kuragari’s eyes glittered. She gripped the side of the cart, her stomach performing back flips. Boro cleared his throat uncomfortably and pulled some ragged, pale red cloth towards him. He was aware of the girl’s eyes on him as he carefully wrapped the sword, the noise of the market meaningless noise around them.

“Here,” he said eventually, firmly tying a piece of dirty string around the package. Kuragari let out a little noise. “Don’t tell anybody where ye got it, y’hear?”

He watched her fumble in the brown pouch in her hand, and managed a weak smile as she took out several fat gold coins.

“Good girl. And... don’t tell ye parents, either.”

“I won’t,” Kuragari answered as she took the sword, holding it close as she turned away from the cart to the bustling street. “... It was their money.”

Last edited by Tombi; 08-18-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Tombi Offline

.Reserved;;

Old 08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: .Kuragari.

O___o

Wow! Sensei, I never read THIS before! [/sarcasm]

Totally a Fic worth Stalking... xDD

EDIT ~ zOMG! First Poster AND Stalker! Woot! xD

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Tombi Offline

Ha ha. xD

Thankiu, operative. ;D Maybe I should add a stalker section to the first post... xD

Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Meshi Offline

Meh. It's alright I guess, for an amateur like you.

Could do better.

>D.

Nah, only kidding. It's relly relly ghud!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Operative Offline

@ Sensei ~ IF you get enough people you totally should,

CANIZHAZTHENUMBAHWUNSPOT!?!

@ .Meshi. ~ I hasn't seen .Meshi. in a LOOOOONG time...

Like since last year during summer...

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Tombi Offline

Why, thankiu, Meshi old chum ;D

@operative: Sure. xD

Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Operative Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Why, thankiu, Meshi old chum ;D

@operative: Sure. xD
Woot.

Old Chum...

Darn, I forgot about the four word rule. Oh well, this fills it up!

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Tombi Offline

Yeaaah. Uh, can we stop the spam? ._. You spamnugget, you..

Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Operative Offline

Quote:
Yeaaah. Uh, can we stop the spam? ._. You spamnugget, you..
Thank you~*

Anyways, yes. I'm sorry, just impatiently awaiting another chapter...

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Tombi Offline

I haven't even started writing it. xD

*Starts*

I think I may alternate chapters. One chapter with Aa and the gang, then one chapter with Kura, then one chapter with Aa, one with Kura, one with Aa...

Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Operative Offline

Quote:
I haven't even started writing it. xD

*Starts*

I think I may alternate chapters. One chapter with Aa and the gang, then one chapter with Kura, then one chapter with Aa, one with Kura, one with Aa...
Or!

You could alternate chapters!

How about that idea!?!?!

~* Sits on Bed Reading Harry Potter *~

Just waiting...

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Tombi Offline

*Smacks forehead* Now why didn't I think of that?