Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Story of Fate

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Story of Fate

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."

This idea of a PMD story came to me long ago, I thought about making this into an RP, but I decided to turn it into a fan-fiction. This story is an expansive and exciting story that will put you on the edge of your seats wanting more. It is about a world filled with evil and sins. When Charles was recently attacked by Genku, he was reliefed of his duty as a sergeant. He was also un-able to move or do anything for awhile due to his injuries.

However when Dimbo, Jirachi's friend, informs them of what they could do, Charles decides to send his son Jason along with two other police officers to Mt. Lunar where they hope to reach the peak and meet Jirachi where they can wish for the Hero of the Legend. To find out what happens, read my story. Anyways I hope you enjoy this story and I hope it inspires you to write your own as well.

Map

Here is the current map of Agotho:

01: Search for the Brave

"Must we always do this dance Charles? Hmm?" the Armaldo said as he sharpened his claws.

"It will end right now Genku, your path of destruction ends now!" Charles the Blaziken yelled, lunging forward with his flame engulfed fist.

Genku merely knocked the fist away using his claw and countered by using the move Slash. Charles lost balance and fell down to the ground as Genku hopped atop of Charles with his claw placed against Charles's neck.

"Yeah, it'll end when you're dead!" Genku pushed his claw against Charles even harder with a devious look on his face. However in a matter of seconds, a group of Magemite and Arcanine rushed to Charles's rescue. "Ugh, reinforcements eh? Well I guess we'll have to do this battle once again Charlie ol' boy. Farewell weaklings!" Armaldo dashed off into the darkness leaving Charles with the Arcanine and Magnemite.

"Are you alright Sergeant Charles?" one of the Magnemite asked as two of the Arcanine helped pick him up.

"Yes, thanks for asking. Genku did it again, we're going to have to do something about this."

"We'll inform the Chief of this, we'll take you to Chansey's place." The Arcanine carried Charles the Blaziken on their backs as the Magnemite stayed at the destroyed Greenorb Village to investigate and help those who were injured in the large battle between Charles and Genku.

= = = = = = = = = =

"So another village was attacked right? Well we must do something about this."

"Jirachi, you are the one able to end all of this, can't you just wish it all away?" Dimbo the Slowpoke asked.

"No, my powers can only be used by those who has put in enough effort and find me and scale my mountain. Also I can not just wish away the darkness, but those who have put in the effort may wish for the Hero of the Legend."

"So I can wish for the Hero?" Dimbo asked.

"Ha ha! I'm sorry, but you've been my friend for a long time. I merely teleported us here at the peak of this mountain and we have lived our lives here. You haven't put in enough effort to search for me, so no Hero wishing for you."

"Perhaps I could help the ones who hope to make it here?"

"Well.... you can do that. Very well, I shall teleport you wherever you like. Where would you like to go?"

Dimbo thought for a minute, thinking of all the places that he knew to this day. In an instant he had an idea of a place.

"I would like to go to Civil City, the Department of Police Officers is there. I could probably find someone brave enough to come here and wish for the Hero."

"Good idea, now let's begin..." Jirachi said as the third eye on it's stomach opened. In a flash, Dimbo was teleported to the large urban city known as Civil City.

= = = = = = = = = =

Charles layed on a bed with blue covers and comfortable pillows made of Mareep fur. He was in a hospital recovering from his injuries in his battle with Genku. A few minutes later, Charles woke up and looked around at where he was. When the Arcanine and Magnemite were taking him to Civil City, he fell asleep and rested from the battle that he was in. He looked over to his left to see his son, Jason, who was becoming a Police officer himself.

"J-Jason?..."

"Yeah Dad?" Jason the Combusken replied.

"Listen son, I want you to take care of your mother and sister. I'll be in this hospital for a few days."

"Alright, I will, but there's something I got to tell you..."

"What is it?" Charles asked looking at his son with a serious look.

Jason couldn't find the words, but then he spoke. "The Chief wanted me to tell you that you are fired. You're reliefed of being a sergeant. I'm sorry."

Charles layed looking at his soon with his mouth open. He then turned his head and faced the ceiling. Tears started to fill his eyes. "Why?..... why was I fired?" Charles asked trying to keep himself from crying.

"He said that you've let the same criminal escape so he fired you and plans to promote one of the officers to new sergeant."

Charles wiped the tears from his eyes and now had a no-emotion face. "Well the Chief never had to deal with Genku, he would always send me and my team to go after him. If he actually fought Genku, he would know how strong he is."

"I know Dad, I know. Maybe he'll understand. Want me to go talk with him?"

"No son. If anyone's going to talk with him about this it would be me. I'll stay here and when I'm all better I'll deal with him."

"Alright, well I'll see you Dad."

"Ok, bye son." Charles said turning to his right and pulling the bed cover over himself.

Jason left the room and walked into the narrow hall with marble wall on both sides.

= = = = = = = = = =

"I have destroyed Greenorb Village, milord." Genku informed as he bowed down before his master.

"Very good, very good. Now to commence with our next plan. As you probably know, the law enforcement is currently cleaning up the mess you made in Greenorb Village hehe... and they are also dealing with your fellow team mates so this gives us, the both of us the perfect chance to find that legendary Jirachi. If we do that, we'll be sure to get our wish of becoming the emperors of this univrse." Mewtwo replied with an evil smile on his face.

"That sounds good, we might have to power our way through the law enforcement, but it doesn't matter. They will fall before us as we triumph above others."

"Yes, yes, our plan shall proceed as planned. Failures will not be accepted." Mewtwo said as he stared at the sky with the same evil smile on his face.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Story of Fate

Chapter Guide

01: Search for the Brave
02: Dimbo's Search
03: The Search Ends, Sudden Attack!

Last edited by Holumanto; 08-14-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

02: Dimbo's Search

"Hmm..." Dimbo wondered around along the sidewalk as he looked around at everyone. "Where can I find the Department?" Dimbo thought to himself as he continued his search for the building.

It was pretty hard considering that there were many buildings and many Pokemon that got in the way. Looking both left and right, Dimbo the Slowpoke searched for someone that looked big and bad. Someone that was brave and strong enough to ascend Mt. Lunar and endure the journey there. After a long walk in Civil City, he reached the Chansey Hospital which was a tall white building with a large "+" sign on it at the top.

"This is just a hospital, I don't think I'll see any worthy Pokemon here, since most that are here are probably sick or something." Dimbo then saw a Combusken walk out the sliding doors. "He looks tough, but I could probably find someone tougher..." Dimbo walked over the entrance of the hospital and went inside.

It became much colder as Dimbo walked past nurses and other Pokemon. Dimbo checked the place around with the thought of Jirachi and the Legend of the Hero swirling around in his mind. This made him eager wanting to find someone, someone that looked and was worthy enough of ascending the tall and dangerous Mt. Lunar where Jirachi resided. Completely ignoring Nurse Chansey, Dimbo headed towards the dark green colored double doors that could only be opened by pressing a button under the desk beside it.

"Hello, are you here to see someone?" the Chansey asked looking over her desk at Dimbo.

"Umm.. yeah I'am." Dimbo replied hoping that she wouldn't ask who he was looking for.

"Might I ask who you are looking for?"

Once Chansey said that, Dimbo's eyes grew large and he started to stutter. "Umm.. I'm looking for my cousin Pablo, yeah that's him!" Dimbo lied hoping that she would believe it.

"Ok just allow me to search him on my computer and I'll see if he's in ok?"

Dimbo didn't reply back, instead he slowly walked towards the doors and tried to push them open, but they wouldn't budge. "Damn, I might just have to fight my way through." Dimbo thought to himself.

"Ok you're all clear, take this pass and he is in Room 106." Chansey said handing the pass over to Dimbo.

Dimbo let out a sigh and took the pass as the double doors opened before him. He walked through while the doors closed behind him. Dimbo was now in a long hall way with rooms on each side. With anticipation flowing through his blood stream, Dimbo looked into every room that he passed by in the hall. There were some tough looking Pokemon and some small Pokemon, but Dimbo wanted to search the entire building and decide on one of them. After a matter of minutes, Dimbo finally decided on one. He found a room with a tough looking Blaziken in it, this was Charles. Dimbo entered the room and walked up towards the resting Blaziken.

"Hello there. I'm Dimbo and your...."

"Charles, state your buisness here." Charles replied not even looking at Dimbo.

"Umm I need to know something. I'm pretty sure you heard of the Legend of the Hero right?"

"Yeah, but I never actually read it or anything." Charles said now looking at Dimbo.

"Very well I shall tell you. Long ago this very world was in peace and tranquility. Everyone communicated with each other in a friendly way and made peace, but then the tranquility ended when a Pokemon named Mewtwo attacked the lands. It was a powerful Pokemon and not a one could defeat it. Even the Mirage Pokemon Mew could not handle with this monster. Fortunately over time, Mewtwo had dissapeared, but in it's place more and more Pokemon started to do bag things and commit crimes. However there is a legend of a human who will turn into a Pokemon and help save our world from this evil."

"So what did this have to do with me?" Charles asked.

"There is a Pokemon named Jirachi who lives atop Mt. Lunar. It is said that one brave Pokemon will ascend up the mountain and wish for the Hero of Legend."

"Why can't Jirachi just wish for the Hero himself?"

"He can't, it's not as simple as that. His powers can only be used by the worthy one. I'm Jirachi's best friend and I know how to get there. By the looks of you, you sure do look tough so I was..."

"I'm sorry, but the condition I'm in right now, I can't do anything. Perhaps my son could take my place?" Charles interupted.

"Who's your son? Is he tough?" Dimbo rudely replied.

"My son's name is Jason, he's a Combusken and he sure is tough, but he's not that tough so I'll get two officers to go with him."

"I'll be with him so there's no need for that."

"Actually there is. The road could be tough so you guys need all of the protection that you need. Oh wait..."

"What is it?"

"I got fired today because I couldn't catch this one criminal."

"No need to worry. Me and your son will be fine on our journey. Once we return victorious, I'm sure that you will be proud of your son's accomplishment. Doing something such as wishing for the Hero of Legend and banishing the evil from the world is a great deal. If your son is the worthy one, then the two of us will have no problem."

"Very well then. You may leave now."

Dimbo left Charles alone in his room and headed towards the double doors.

= = = = = = = = = =

A Gabite stared at the large city while standing upon a hill. A group of Gible jumped and ran around the Gabite. "I think it's time for a little revenge, eh fellow Savage members?" The Gible started to cheer as soon as the Gabite said that.

Last edited by Holumanto; 08-12-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Not too bad. The idea you have going here is quite interesting, and you're not off to such a bad start. However, it's rather strange that in the Mysterious Dungeon universe, there aren't any Rescue Teams! It's certainly interesting that you have a police force in Civil City (interesting name, by the way), but maybe it should be explained why all the Rescue Teams aren't around. Maybe in this city, the police work in groups that are given missions by the main office? It just seems a little silly to have a fic in this universe and not have a single mention of the Rescue Teams.

Your grammar is pretty good in general, but I did see a couple of mistakes here and there. One of the main problems I see that you have is with commas; you often don't include them. The main comma mistake I saw was that whenever one person is addressing another, you need to have a comma. For example:
"Must we always do this dance Charles?" Because Genku is saying his name, you need to have a comma, so it should be
"Must we always do this dance, Charles?" or
"It will end right now, Genku," or "Listen, son." It's pretty easy to fix.

Your speech punctuation is pretty good, but I noticed that most speech is just asking lots of questions. This gets a bit repetitive after awhile, so you may want to have them do a bit less asking. Also, most speech doesn't end with a period if there's more after it.
""Umm.. yeah I'am." Dimbo replied hoping that she wouldn't ask who he was looking for."
(First off, it should be "I am" here, because the ' is only used for conjunctions, like "I'm", and you should have three periods for your ellipses, not two.)

After "I am," the period should actually be a comma. This is because you're supposed to pretend that the speech and narration is all one sentence, so take out the " and ask yourself: does this line make sense as one sentence, or two? For example:
"I like pie," she explained.
The reason there is a comma here is because "she explained" doesn't make sense if it's a sentence by itself. "she explained" can't stand alone from "I like pie" so you have to make it all one.

"I hate you." He punched Greg in the nose.
Here, each part can stand alone, and still makes perfect sense. For this reason, we use a period to separate them. :)

Now, another thing I noticed is that while the scenes seem very exciting, we don't really know what anything looks like. Because you're the writer, you have a perfect idea of what each scene should look like. But we can't read your mind, so unless you tell us, we may imagine something completely different, and it may be totally wrong, and not what the story should be like at all.

This is why description is extremely important. You as the writer need to tell us what things look like. This means telling us the setting - where the characters are, what it looks like, the nearby sounds, what the weather is like, what time of day it is (if it's night-time, early in the morning, if the sun's just setting). Even more importantly, tell us about the characters! It's true that we know what Blaziken look like, but Charlie may be different from other Blaziken; maybe he's older, his muscles are probably stronger, his claws are very sharp, he may have scars and bruises from battle and a police badge on his chest. And even if they look completely average, if you describe them, it will help the reader visualize them better, especially when they're doing something (which is always).

Writing is all about telling a story, and making a clear picture of the story in the reader's mind. You have a neat idea going here, but if the reader can't imagine it taking place, the story becomes less exciting. You want the reader to feel like they're actually in the story, standing next to Charlie under the hospital's bright lights, or with Jirachi and Dimbo on the high mountain peaks, feeling the wind and the grass under their feet, watching the clouds drift by in the bright blue sky, the world seeming tiny down below.

This was especially important during the opening fight scene; you tell us where they are, but we don't actually know what it looks like. Are all the houses burned to the ground, with pillars of smoke rising into the sky? Is it dead silent? How do Charles and Genku look from their battle? Are they worn and tired from battling for an hour, or did they only just meet and are still looking full of energy and healthy? Describing their attacks is especially important; describe the slashing motion of Genku's arm as it flashes by in a blur, and Charlie cries out in pain as it leaving a bleeding slash across his chest. It really makes things more exciting!

Otherwise, there were just two other things that seemed strange.

The first is that the police force was extremely stupid to fire Charlie. That's not how things really work. Firstly because Charlie WAS trying his hardest, and the chief would be an idiot to fire a fine, competent officer. Charlie would at least be on probation first, and even then, if an officer isn't doing well, then you give them another job instead, like patrol the city. It would be foolish to fire him just because he couldn't catch a criminal who wasn't easy to catch. If he was doing a bad job, they should have sent someone to help him! And it wasn't even completely Charlie's fault; the Arcanine could have at least TRIED to catch Genku when he ran off, so it's their fault as much as his, because they sat around and did nothing. Arcanine can clearly chase him; they're fast runners, and with their strong sense of smell they can easily track him. And it was pretty ridiculous that a grown man cried over getting fired, then totally forgot about it. If he was upset enough to cry, he would not soon forget it.

The other thing was that Dimbo clearly said looking for someone in a hospital was a bad idea because most people there aren't fit to scale a mountain. So why did he end up going in? His initial plan to head to a police station was much better. And he saw Charles clearly couldn't do anything, so why approach him? And then, after thinking Jason wasn't strong enough, he decides that the Combusken, the first Pokémon he saw, should do it? Shouldn't he have at least had a look at some other Pokémon who might be willing to go, at least to accompany them? Just seems a little silly to choose the son he's never actually met of an ex-cop he met in a hospital bed.

Anyway, this certainly looks interesting so far. I think that you have something really interesting going, and I'm curious to see what happens next, but I think it can be even better than it is now. Type it out on Microsoft Word so you don't have to rush to write it in the reply box (plus Word will help you find and fix a lot of mistakes you may not notice), and take your time. Think about some of the things I said, especially about adding description, and go over the story, trying to find where you can add details of what everything looks like.

I think you've got some great potential, so this can be made even better if you take some time to work on the things I've mentioned, maybe go over what you've written to make it even better. And who knows - you could end up with a really great fic!

Good luck!

~Psychic
Old 08-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Not too bad. The idea you have going here is quite interesting, and you're not off to such a bad start. However, it's rather strange that in the Mysterious Dungeon universe, there aren't any Rescue Teams! It's certainly interesting that you have a police force in Civil City (interesting name, by the way), but maybe it should be explained why all the Rescue Teams aren't around. Maybe in this city, the police work in groups that are given missions by the main office? It just seems a little silly to have a fic in this universe and not have a single mention of the Rescue Teams.

Your grammar is pretty good in general, but I did see a couple of mistakes here and there. One of the main problems I see that you have is with commas; you often don't include them. The main comma mistake I saw was that whenever one person is addressing another, you need to have a comma. For example:
"Must we always do this dance Charles?" Because Genku is saying his name, you need to have a comma, so it should be
"Must we always do this dance, Charles?" or
"It will end right now, Genku," or "Listen, son." It's pretty easy to fix.

Your speech punctuation is pretty good, but I noticed that most speech is just asking lots of questions. This gets a bit repetitive after awhile, so you may want to have them do a bit less asking. Also, most speech doesn't end with a period if there's more after it.
""Umm.. yeah I'am." Dimbo replied hoping that she wouldn't ask who he was looking for."
(First off, it should be "I am" here, because the ' is only used for conjunctions, like "I'm", and you should have three periods for your ellipses, not two.)

After "I am," the period should actually be a comma. This is because you're supposed to pretend that the speech and narration is all one sentence, so take out the " and ask yourself: does this line make sense as one sentence, or two? For example:
"I like pie," she explained.
The reason there is a comma here is because "she explained" doesn't make sense if it's a sentence by itself. "she explained" can't stand alone from "I like pie" so you have to make it all one.

"I hate you." He punched Greg in the nose.
Here, each part can stand alone, and still makes perfect sense. For this reason, we use a period to separate them. :)

Now, another thing I noticed is that while the scenes seem very exciting, we don't really know what anything looks like. Because you're the writer, you have a perfect idea of what each scene should look like. But we can't read your mind, so unless you tell us, we may imagine something completely different, and it may be totally wrong, and not what the story should be like at all.

This is why description is extremely important. You as the writer need to tell us what things look like. This means telling us the setting - where the characters are, what it looks like, the nearby sounds, what the weather is like, what time of day it is (if it's night-time, early in the morning, if the sun's just setting). Even more importantly, tell us about the characters! It's true that we know what Blaziken look like, but Charlie may be different from other Blaziken; maybe he's older, his muscles are probably stronger, his claws are very sharp, he may have scars and bruises from battle and a police badge on his chest. And even if they look completely average, if you describe them, it will help the reader visualize them better, especially when they're doing something (which is always).

Writing is all about telling a story, and making a clear picture of the story in the reader's mind. You have a neat idea going here, but if the reader can't imagine it taking place, the story becomes less exciting. You want the reader to feel like they're actually in the story, standing next to Charlie under the hospital's bright lights, or with Jirachi and Dimbo on the high mountain peaks, feeling the wind and the grass under their feet, watching the clouds drift by in the bright blue sky, the world seeming tiny down below.

This was especially important during the opening fight scene; you tell us where they are, but we don't actually know what it looks like. Are all the houses burned to the ground, with pillars of smoke rising into the sky? Is it dead silent? How do Charles and Genku look from their battle? Are they worn and tired from battling for an hour, or did they only just meet and are still looking full of energy and healthy? Describing their attacks is especially important; describe the slashing motion of Genku's arm as it flashes by in a blur, and Charlie cries out in pain as it leaving a bleeding slash across his chest. It really makes things more exciting!

Otherwise, there were just two other things that seemed strange.

The first is that the police force was extremely stupid to fire Charlie. That's not how things really work. Firstly because Charlie WAS trying his hardest, and the chief would be an idiot to fire a fine, competent officer. Charlie would at least be on probation first, and even then, if an officer isn't doing well, then you give them another job instead, like patrol the city. It would be foolish to fire him just because he couldn't catch a criminal who wasn't easy to catch. If he was doing a bad job, they should have sent someone to help him! And it wasn't even completely Charlie's fault; the Arcanine could have at least TRIED to catch Genku when he ran off, so it's their fault as much as his, because they sat around and did nothing. Arcanine can clearly chase him; they're fast runners, and with their strong sense of smell they can easily track him. And it was pretty ridiculous that a grown man cried over getting fired, then totally forgot about it. If he was upset enough to cry, he would not soon forget it.

The other thing was that Dimbo clearly said looking for someone in a hospital was a bad idea because most people there aren't fit to scale a mountain. So why did he end up going in? His initial plan to head to a police station was much better. And he saw Charles clearly couldn't do anything, so why approach him? And then, after thinking Jason wasn't strong enough, he decides that the Combusken, the first Pokémon he saw, should do it? Shouldn't he have at least had a look at some other Pokémon who might be willing to go, at least to accompany them? Just seems a little silly to choose the son he's never actually met of an ex-cop he met in a hospital bed.

Anyway, this certainly looks interesting so far. I think that you have something really interesting going, and I'm curious to see what happens next, but I think it can be even better than it is now. Type it out on Microsoft Word so you don't have to rush to write it in the reply box (plus Word will help you find and fix a lot of mistakes you may not notice), and take your time. Think about some of the things I said, especially about adding description, and go over the story, trying to find where you can add details of what everything looks like.

I think you've got some great potential, so this can be made even better if you take some time to work on the things I've mentioned, maybe go over what you've written to make it even better. And who knows - you could end up with a really great fic!

Good luck!

~Psychic
Thanks for the tips, I'm getting a bit better at writing fan-fics. The reason why the Arcanine and Magnemite didn't chase Genku was because that he had already made it out of the area and was out of sight. They also had to deal with the injured people and extinguish the fire before it spreads. Charles cried because he was a very emotional man. Even though he doesn't want to cry it just happens, that happens to me, but I didn't post that so that's my fault.

There is rescue teams, they just haven't been introduced yet. The reason why they fired Charles was because of his losses. It wasn't only Genku, it was many other criminals who have escaped from him, but you are right. Dimbo went ahead and searched for the Combusken, I mean not everyone is going to go with you on a huge adventure that is treacherous and dangerous the whole way there. Now that Dimbo knows that Charles's son Jason may be willing to go, he just searched for him knowing that he would probably agree.

Anyways thanks for the tips, it will be better in the future and I'm glad you enjoyed my story.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

03: The Search Ends, Sudden Attack!

Dimbo was now outside of the hospital on the sidewalk. He now had to look for Charles's son, Jason who was supposedly a strong Pokemon brave enough to ascend up the mountain known as Mt. Lunar with Dimbo at his side.

"Now he said that his son was a Combusken, this should be easy then." Dimbo said to himself as he looked for a Combusken. He planned on asking a Combusken if his name is Jason when he sees one, but so far there was not a Combusken to be found. "I guess this will be harder than I thought."

Having to search the entire city for one Pokemon was a tiresome job, but it must be achieved if the Hero of Legend was to come so Dimbo kept his tail up and continued to walk like he had been doing. With all of the criminals and outlaws on the loose on the lands of Agotho, the Hero would be needed to bring them to justice. The Police were not enough to handle with these powerful outlaws although some were weak and they were brought to justice, but for the strong ones such as Genku they were harder to capture.

"Ugh..." Dimbo moaned as he continued his search for Charles's son.

Dimbo was used to staying up at Mt. Lunar with Jirachi so all of this walking that Dimbo has to do makes it very tiring to him.

"How hard is it to...." Dimbo stopped to look up ahead.

It was a red and orange Pokemon walking on the same sidewalk that Dimbo was on. When Dimbo got a closer look at the Pokemon, it resembled a Combusken.

"Is that.... yeah it is!" Dimbo yelled in excitement as he ran towards the Pokemon hoping that it that was Jason.

With buildings looming above and the paved street to the right, Dimbo made his way up the sidewalk towards the Combusken.

"Hey wait up!" Dimbo yelled hoping to get his attention.

The Combusken turned around and looked at the oncoming Slowpoke. "You yelling for me?" the Combusken asked.

“Yeah wait up!” Dimbo stopped in front of the Combusken, trying to catch his breath. “Hey my name's Dimbo and are you Jason?” Dimbo asked.

A sweat drop fell from Dimbo's face as he started at the Combusken in the eyes.

“Yeah I'm Jason. Why?” Jason replied.

Dimbo let out a sigh of relief as his worries faded away and excited filled Dimbo.

“Finally! I mean erm.. so you're the son of Charles.... right?”

“Yeah... why? Is something wrong?” Jason asked.

“No, no! I have something to tell you...” Dimbo started as he cleared his throat and began, “I am Dimbo, and I have come from Mt. Lunar to find a strong Pokemon that is brave enough to ascend up the mountain with me and make a wish to Jirachi for the arrival of the Hero of Legend.”

“Why can't you do it?” Jason questioned.

“Apparently Jirachi can only make wishes to those who truly want the wish, those who put enough effort are able to make a wish to Jirachi and it will come true. I've been friends with Jirachi for a long time now and the only way I get around is by teleportation so I haven't put much effort.”

“So you came to find me?”

“Yes, your father Charles told me that you would be capable of such a job so I figured, what the heck?”

“My dad told you to find me? Wow... I feel special now!”

“C'mon, get serious. I need you to go up the mountain with me to make a wish for the Hero of Legend.”

“The Police Force and some Rescue and Exploration Teams can handle it, we don't need any Hero.”

Dimbo shook his head as he heard this. “No, you're wrong. You think they can handle with the problems we're having today? An entire village was just destroyed yesterday by a messed up criminal that hasn't been caught for a number of years and you expect teams and the Police force to deal with those kinds of criminals every day? Some could be able to manage such a job, but if the Hero were to arrive he could banish all of the trouble forever and we would live a very peaceful life. Wouldn't you wan't that?”

"Well yeah, but..."

"No butts, you know that we need the Hero. If you were to do such a dangerous and cruel mission, I guarantee that you would be promoted in no time. So what do you say?" Dimbo interupted.

At that moment Jason nodded his head and smiled. "Yeah, I want to help!"

"Glad to have you board Jason!" Dimbo replied with a smile on his face as well.

"So when should we leave?" Jason asked.

"Not yet, we should probably get some rest and at eat something before leaving. It's a very long trip to the mountain."

"Ok I know this neat resturant down the block. It's cheap and they have great food!"

"Let's go then!" Dimbo yelled in excitement.

The duo of both Dimbo the Slowpoke and Jason the Combusken made their way towards the Snorlax Cafe.

= = = = = = = = = =

"Here we are my fellow team mates, the city of hate, the city of death, Civil City! It was here, my comrades, that I was brought into custody. Luckily I had escaped my prison cell and hid in the Boadon Canyons for a long time. It was there that I met you all and here we are today, ready to raid this pathetic city." Gabite said as he stared beyond the entrace.

"Let's kill!" started a Gible who started to jump around.

The other Gible joined in and started to cheer and jump around. Gabite smiled as he pulled a small black ball out.

"Let's begin... hehe..." Gabite threw the ball far from him. It burst open and pillars of smoke rose to the sky as Gabite and the large group of Gabite charged forward.

When the Pokemon caught sight of them, they quaked in fear and attempted to escape. Their attempts were failed when the small Gabites began to release large tornado of sand. These tornadoes whipped up the Pokemon that stood in their way as well as light poles and other things that was in the way. The sandstorm was so fierce that it was almost impossible to see except for Gabite and the Gible who were naturally born able to see in sandstorms.