Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
jonsploder Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Linked - MMORPG

http://pokemonlinked.freeforums.org/...-game-t40.html Very big news :D. Also The forums are becoming a very good source for me to post my work, so I will probably sneek a few hints in some of my posts later :).

Have a good one guys!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 AM
jonsploder Offline

Wow, long time no post :(:)? Anyway heres the news:

I have a new STAFF MEMBER :D. He codes, and we are currently working on battle system and pokedex. We are actually programming in all 493 pokemon for future, to save us a little time and do it all now. 4900 lines of code for just a tiny bit of the pokedex ;), and hundreds added every day.

So much progress that it is massively understated. I have spent days (with credit for a friend) of constant coding. I think that in 2 weeks or so, it will be a completely different game.

I am also going to add a storm of NPC's to talk to to make the game more populated and friendly, as well as Battle And Pokedex coming soon, so you can battle a few NPC's.

Next after all that I will progress on shops and get most of the items ;).

This could and will probably take a month flat out, but I think a version half-way through may sneek out ;).

Also progress on the Map Maker so you guys can make some maps is massive, but not fully completed.

Very happy at the moment guys, I hope it rubs onto you. If only you could see the game.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:39 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Send a message via MSN to PapaLuLu27

Wow... That's amazing, hope you finish it soon. I really want to see this game, as well as looking for possible glitches, like the unlimited Pokeballs one.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:49 AM
jonsploder Offline

Yeah, I am trying very very hard to get the server up. I dont think that it is worth it yet, as the next demo will be an entirely new game.

I think you will find in it:

A full or almost complete pokedex - all the way up to 493 pokemon.
A semi-complete battle system.
A new world of NPC's, and a few indoor stuff.
Almost all of the bugs fixed, I cant see any at the moment.
A day and night system.
Bag system.
Computer storage and stuff.

And in the demo after that ALL of the above will definately be completed, and hopefully all the other basic stuff. Then we will just need to map and create quests.

:D, Keep up the feedback, and suggest anything and everything! If I am not posting here for a bit, DONT worry. It means I am working harder on the game, I will always keep working on it untill it is done, or I pass the project onto someone else, and in which case I will post about it.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:20 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Awesome! I'm a huge supporter of your RPG, jonsploder. Hope your next post says that it's finished ^^
Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 AM
jonsploder Offline

Lol, unfortunately thats not going to happen :P.
I am seeing a lot of lazy fingers, over 1100 views and about half(?) of that divided by 10, posts. I am just posting to keep you all reminded its not dead.

To save me and my team from absolute boredom, off doing all the major systems, we would like a brainstorm of idea's you'd like to see in a pokemon game for when we are finished the hard stuff. Think of anything you want, because if this game is going to be made, it might as well be made almost if not perfectly.

Whats something you always wanted to see in a pokemon game that you couldn't. Only 1 boundry - we are not turning it into 3D graphics, sorry.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

I've always would've loved to see Johto come back... That would be nice, as well as a few original ideas, i dunno, how about... Cars? lol, i don't know.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:17 AM
jonsploder Offline

Good news snippet also guys, the map maker is back on track thanks to Jack, it looks VERY professional, although there are many long hours ahead for us to implement it in. You will be able to build Pokemon Linked soon :)

Also I have 3 weeks of exams ahead. As soon as they are over, I will have alot of time on my hands, time for the game.

Still abit of progress on other things, but I think if we consentrate on making the map maker, logically that gives everyone more time to make maps for a better next release. There will probably be competitions on the best maps made, with winners getting items.

I'll try and post a screenie as soon as we have a decent thing to show. Maybe even a demo!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:44 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Now that's good news! Awesome, can't wait jonsploder^^
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 AM
jonsploder Offline

Good news guys: I am getting very bored of this tedious programming, and I have decided to try and work on putting together the game again into the next demo. I think that all the attacks have been programmed, I programmed over half, and a kind person raised their hand to do the rest. I should have cody working on the battle system also, but the problem is stats and putting them ingame. I have also decided to try and rid myself of the auto-updater, and get patchs instead so there will be less to download. I am working also on cleaning up the forums and will probably move everything into an invisable bin, keeping everyones posts. The forums have decided to be the official dates and times, so refer to it for things like that. More importantly on it are a few useful links, cody has put up a site that tells people what the staffs times are, and you can have your name added to it if you want.
Any idea's on gameplay would be great as I want a few cool things in this demo that others havn't seen in a fangame before :).

Thanks everyone also that supports this game - you make our (the staff) world go round, its amazing how positive a comment can be :).
Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 AM
jonsploder Offline

Im programming the first new map! The pokemart! Wooooo. Also I am trying to deal with the day and night system to try and make it WORK. Check out the first post guys, I edited it, but I need to fix up the percentages already :). This will server as my checklist and Ill keep you all updated with it and the progress.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 AM
jonsploder Offline

I'm back, lol. Here is a massive list of progress and basicly covers all this post should :).

http://pokemonlinked.freeforums.org/...08-08-t78.html

:D
Old 08-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
I'm back, lol. Here is a massive list of progress and basicly covers all this post should :).

http://pokemonlinked.freeforums.org/...08-08-t78.html

:D
Wow, never heard of you like, FOREVER! xD
Some pics you got to show? They might be handy =D

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-20-2008, 12:05 AM
jonsploder Offline

Well we have now done the weather. (client sided)
Here's some screenies on a blank gray canvas so you can see them clearly.

Snow:

Rain:

Sandstorm:

Wind:

Please note all the above are subject to change. These are not necessarily all the weather events. The quality is .jpg or low for your page to load faster. Ingame they will appear much nicer.

Taken off the forums :).