Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaygc View Post
Yeah, the 'predict the end!' theories are not backed by any thorough proof. There are a series of indications of the Dnd listed in Revelations, but... heh... they include 'an increase of natural disasters' and 'a jump in the population of nasty people' and can be applied to all of mankind's existence.

On the subject of 666, I heard that it was a misinterpretation of the texts and the real number is 646. I've no idea if it's true or not, heh, but felt it was worth mentioning.

~IGC t DM+
Oh, so the apocalypse was supposed to come two months ealier then? Changes nothing.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Stormdancer94's Avatar
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You want to know... Why?
Posts: 782
Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Pfft. These speculations are really stupid.

Look, the world will end someday. Everything does. It's life. That's it. Everything ends eventually, so why bother speculating? We know it'll end sometime, so make the most of what you have.

There was a cult in Russia, they reckon the 'Rapture' is going to happen in 2012. Most speculationists thought the world would end at the turn of the millennium and are off by 8 years and counting. Those who are suicidal end their world with the cut of a knife, murderers end lives all the time. It's life. Everything ends eventually, sure, we can't SEE the end yet, so why bother? It's not going to come up and hit us on the face like a bullet from a gun.

I'm a bit of a fatalist. I'm aware of the Cause and Effect Principle. Humans came to this earth by debated means. We've kinda killed the Earth, we'll have another century or so, approximately, pushing the issue. It's us. Not Satan. Not God. Not whatever entity you want to blame. Humans want something to blame. We need an outlet for our fears and anger.

And the Bible 'Code' oh please. Even the theme song for POKEMON has subliminal 'code' messages. Especially when played backwards (Lol!). Pretty much everything around you has some kind of 'code' a purpose of some kind. Example, a bookshelf holder in the shape of a flowerpot. Someone obviously made it to make the atmosphere of the room seem more happy or something, as well as the default purpose of holding books in place.

Subliminal, Purposeful and Hidden codes and messages are everywhere. Coincidence, intentional, who cares.
__________________
Those who fear evil are its greatest followers.

The Brood is growing!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Poring's Avatar
Poring Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,197
Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

It's the end of the world, as we know it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation View Post
Actually, wikipedia IS rather reliable on most topics. People just enjoy throwing that around when they've got nothing better to say, try not to get into the habit.
Yeah, I get kind of annoyed when people say Wikipedia's not reliable because anyone can do whatever they want with it. Sure, you can vandalize an article, but only for a few minutes until a WikiBot or another person reverts it and locks the article.

The world will definitely end in 2007, guys.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Master Debation Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 14
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Thank you for that incredibly pointless post you have given us. You have made us all dumber for reading it, thank you.

Quote:
Pfft. These speculations are really stupid.
Why? You rant about nothing and make a drastic claim without looking at it objectivly or from any angel at all. Why are they stupid? Which ones are stupid? Explain yourself, you fail to do that through your entire post, you just throw around garbage as if it's meaningful and making you seem intelligent.

Quote:

Look, the world will end someday. Everything does. It's life. That's it. Everything ends eventually, so why bother speculating? We know it'll end sometime, so make the most of what you have.
Prove it. You cannot? Yes, it most likely will, as does most everything. However it is only human comprehension to think that everything has a beginning and an ending. The universe is finite, and therefore has to have a beginning and an end. It's only believed because it isn't beyond human comprehension. That's also why so many people have a hard time believing in an infinate being that created everything, and those who seemingly accept it without question because they know they cannot comprehend it. We cannot comprehend infinate, and by default we think that everything(aside from God) has to have a beginning and an end. There's no real logic to say that the world will end, especially considering that everything you think you know is "theory" and is blindly accepted as truth just as the Bible is blindly accepted as truth.

Ironic, I know. The thing everyone needs to understand that "theory" is not truth, it's assumed truth. Science knows this. Science leaves everything open incase any new evidence ever comes to light. Through the posts I've seen you make, you don't seem to understand anything I've just said.

Quote:
There was a cult in Russia, they reckon the 'Rapture' is going to happen in 2012. Most speculationists thought the world would end at the turn of the millennium and are off by 8 years and counting. Those who are suicidal end their world with the cut of a knife, murderers end lives all the time. It's life. Everything ends eventually, sure, we can't SEE the end yet, so why bother? It's not going to come up and hit us on the face like a bullet from a gun.
That all depends. Say a meteor is heading straight for our planet and will wipe out half of us or more. We have the technology to grant us the forsight to see this, years ahead of time. And there might not be anything we can actually do to stop it. But life threatening scenarios often can be foreseen, however if that were to happen it would prove that the Bible is man-made, because that end of the world is an obvious end. God can still exist, it might just mean the Bible has been editted by humans(or never written by God.)

You don't explore all possible scenarios, showing me you're ignorant. Even if it is utter bullshit, it deserves to be examined before being dismissed.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Before I start, let me make one thing clear: I think searching for the end of the world is stupid, not the idea that it's coming. That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Debation View Post
Why? You rant about nothing and make a drastic claim without looking at it objectivly or from any angel at all. Why are they stupid? Which ones are stupid? Explain yourself, you fail to do that through your entire post, you just throw around garbage as if it's meaningful and making you seem intelligent.
He was offering an opinion. No need to flame him. And before you say anything, yes, that was a flame. You outright insulted him without provocation. He wasn't saying "this is going to happen", he was giving his outlook on both life and death.

Quote:
There's no real logic to say that the world will end, especially considering that everything you think you know is "theory" and is blindly accepted as truth just as the Bible is blindly accepted as truth.
Yeah, actually, there is. There's no real logic in saying that Satan is going to come up and kill everything, but what about the sun? It's going to grow bigger and get hotter, there are several thousand suns out there that have proven that to be true. And when it gets big and hot enough, humankind isn't going to be able to survive under the new intense heat. That'll be the end of our world. And even if something survives on earth then, the sun will probably engulf the planet, bringing a literal end to the world. And the physical universe is, in fact, finite, due to the law of conservation of mass. Matter can not be created, and therefore the universe must end somewhere. Now, does the ethereal universe continue on from there? I absolutely believe so, and I believe across millions upon billions upon trillions upon whatever the next -illion is of lightyears beyond that empty space is another universe that's impossible to see because chances are light won't reach this one for millions of years to come. Can I prove that? No. Can you disprove that? No. Therefore I'm free to believe that.

Quote:
Ironic, I know. The thing everyone needs to understand that "theory" is not truth, it's assumed truth. Science knows this. Science leaves everything open incase any new evidence ever comes to light. Through the posts I've seen you make, you don't seem to understand anything I've just said.
And you need to understand that until it's disproven, scientific law is considered to be absolute truth. The world will end, because scientific law says all stars go through a cycle which ends with the star becoming a red giant (big hot star), then ultimately dying either by blowing up (earth gets caught in the explosion and fries) or shrinking down and becoming a white dwarf (tiny and unfathomably hot star which makes hell look like an ice skating rink, under which the earth would probably melt) and then a black dwarf (equally tiny ball of inert gases, the earth freezes). And of course, all of my speculation about the earth's death by sun is assuming we don't turn the planet into an intergalactic parking lot ourselves with a six-pack of nuclear warheads. Seriously, I once did a report on the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, those bombs only needed to be about a couple dozen times more powerful to literally vaporize the planet.

Quote:
That all depends. Say a meteor is heading straight for our planet and will wipe out half of us or more. We have the technology to grant us the forsight to see this, years ahead of time. And there might not be anything we can actually do to stop it. But life threatening scenarios often can be foreseen, however if that were to happen it would prove that the Bible is man-made, because that end of the world is an obvious end. God can still exist, it might just mean the Bible has been editted by humans(or never written by God.)
You fail to take into account one thing: we're not the dinosaurs. If we saw a meteor coming straight for us, chances are we'd have more than enough time to build a series of giant bunkers deep underground (remember, we can see things lightyears away) and hide away until it's all over. That's the magic of technology. Remember, this is the guy who is certain that the world will end one day.

You don't explore all possible scenarios, showing me you're ignorant. Even if it is utter bullshit, it deserves to be examined before being dismissed.[/QUOTE]

I would just like to point out that the reason I don't explore all possible scenarios isn't because of disbelief, but actually the fact that I do believe any of those possible scenarios could happen. There are simply far too many to explore, and aside from that, why would I want to? Why would anyone spend all of their time looking at the end? I say carpe diem, sieze the day. Live for the moment, look to what's just coming up. Worry about the immediate future, the future that you will have and what consequences your children and grand-children will have to deal with. Don't think about the fact that the world will end and how it will end, think about how some day all too soon you will end, and live with that in your mind. Life's too short to worry about what will happen in the next ten thousand years, when no one you will ever meet or care about will live.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Stormdancer94's Avatar
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You want to know... Why?
Posts: 782
Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

I'm a HER dammit! But that's not the point. Eeveeking's arguments are!

Seriously, Master Debation (not even a word :/) Your arguments lack sense. I say these conspiracy theories are stupid because well. I guess it's the fact that none of them have been proved yet. No need to flame me.

You sound a LOT like Wunschkind. A LOT. Oh, the Earth will die, but those who are faithful to God will somehow survive. Your hypothesis really makes sense with physics doesn't it.

But yeah, on Eeveeking, if a Meteor hits the Earth, chances are, we'll survive. But not for long. Sure, we can build bunkers ASAP, but hoarding food? That'll take longer, more effort and there won't be enough to go around for long enough to survive, well, not for too long.

Erm, we're examining it right now... And no-one has made any sense of the world ending in 2000 or whatever year those cults picked.

I must admit, I like the fact that you recognise that the Bible has been edited by humans (and taken from the Jews...) and maybe it's not really the word of God at all. Humanity = Reputation Up :P

Another conspiracy (Le Gasp!) the world might end when thingo Scientists turn that LHC thing on. A Particle Accelerator? Yeah, there's another thread around about it. So... Joy?
__________________
Those who fear evil are its greatest followers.

The Brood is growing!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 284
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Master Debation: Just where the hell are you on this topic. You made this thread saying that the Bible Code is crap and now you're supporting it?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I'm a HER dammit! But that's not the point. Eeveeking's arguments are!
My bad . I'll remember that for the future.

Quote:
Seriously, Master Debation (not even a word :/) Your arguments lack sense. I say these conspiracy theories are stupid because well. I guess it's the fact that none of them have been proved yet. No need to flame me.
Exactly what I said, although his arguments do make a fair bit of sense when you look at it from a different angle.

Quote:
You sound a LOT like Wunschkind. A LOT. Oh, the Earth will die, but those who are faithful to God will somehow survive. Your hypothesis really makes sense with physics doesn't it.
The reason he sounds like Wunschkind is because he's talking from the other side. He believes that the Bible Code is stupid, but he also thinks that your ideas are also incorrect, which I can respect. On the other hand, those aren't facts that you stated, they're your opinions, which was why I got pissed at him for flaming you.

Quote:
But yeah, on Eeveeking, if a Meteor hits the Earth, chances are, we'll survive. But not for long. Sure, we can build bunkers ASAP, but hoarding food? That'll take longer, more effort and there won't be enough to go around for long enough to survive, well, not for too long.
Well there's a simple solution for that: The entire earth won't be hit. True, the world will be covered with ash and debris for a while, but we can clear that out easy. Pull a Noah and take a bunch of all of our livestock animals into the bunkers with us. The point is, I honestly believe that science fiction is right about one thing: we're going to be the cockroaches of the universe. You can squish us, you can spray us, and you can nuke us, but in the end we will persist. Even when the Earth goes up in flames, there'll be other planets that we'll have been able to inhabit by then (at worst case scenario, the last remaining humans get stuck on Jupiter's moons and freeze to death). I doubt the human race is going to go extinct. The planet, though, that's gonna burn.

Quote:
Erm, we're examining it right now... And no-one has made any sense of the world ending in 2000 or whatever year those cults picked.
That actually wasn't cultist. That was the Y2K bug. See, there were a bunch of old programs that were designed in, like, the 1940's that were still in use today because they still fit their purpose well. After all, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Unfortunately, it was broken. Every single of those programs was designed only to go to December 31, 1999, because quite frankly the people who programmed thought they would be out of use by then. So, basically all of those things would have gone completely offline at midnight on January 1, 2000. It really wasn't all that serious, just a bunch of old necessary programming in hospitals and such that would've gone offline. A few people might've died, but not the whole world. But, unfortunately, people got it in their heads that the security protocols for nuclear missiles were also on these programs, and widespread fear ensued. So it wasn't cultists, it was conspiracy theorists. June 6, 2006 was the cultist conspiracy (6/6/06. Get it?).

Quote:
I must admit, I like the fact that you recognise that the Bible has been edited by humans (and taken from the Jews...) and maybe it's not really the word of God at all. Humanity = Reputation Up :P
And once more, I agree. After passing through the hands of millions or more scribes, printers, computers, etc., but mainly the scribes, who were most prone to human error. It's like that cookie commercial, where they start whispering down the line about Billy and his Oreo Cakester, and at the end it comes out as Bobby and his first chest hair. Same principle, but applied over the course of two million years. Also, Stormdancer, you do realize that Debation is an atheist, right?

Quote:
Another conspiracy (Le Gasp!) the world might end when thingo Scientists turn that LHC thing on. A Particle Accelerator? Yeah, there's another thread around about it. So... Joy?
OMG, we're all gonna die... again... just like we did in 2000when the Y2K bug made all those nuclear bombs go off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke View Post
Master Debation: Just where the hell are you on this topic. You made this thread saying that the Bible Code is crap and now you're supporting it?
No, he's not. He's adressing that he thinks we're all bollocks for saying it's stupid and not backing that claim up.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 284
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929
No, he's not. He's adressing that he thinks we're all bollocks for saying it's stupid and not backing that claim up.
o.O

What?!

Why, since he provided all the necessary information in the first post?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Stormdancer94's Avatar
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You want to know... Why?
Posts: 782
Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
My bad . I'll remember that for the future.



Exactly what I said, although his arguments do make a fair bit of sense when you look at it from a different angle.



The reason he sounds like Wunschkind is because he's talking from the other side. He believes that the Bible Code is stupid, but he also thinks that your ideas are also incorrect, which I can respect. On the other hand, those aren't facts that you stated, they're your opinions, which was why I got pissed at him for flaming you.



Well there's a simple solution for that: The entire earth won't be hit. True, the world will be covered with ash and debris for a while, but we can clear that out easy. Pull a Noah and take a bunch of all of our livestock animals into the bunkers with us. The point is, I honestly believe that science fiction is right about one thing: we're going to be the cockroaches of the universe. You can squish us, you can spray us, and you can nuke us, but in the end we will persist. Even when the Earth goes up in flames, there'll be other planets that we'll have been able to inhabit by then (at worst case scenario, the last remaining humans get stuck on Jupiter's moons and freeze to death). I doubt the human race is going to go extinct. The planet, though, that's gonna burn.



That actually wasn't cultist. That was the Y2K bug. See, there were a bunch of old programs that were designed in, like, the 1940's that were still in use today because they still fit their purpose well. After all, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Unfortunately, it was broken. Every single of those programs was designed only to go to December 31, 1999, because quite frankly the people who programmed thought they would be out of use by then. So, basically all of those things would have gone completely offline at midnight on January 1, 2000. It really wasn't all that serious, just a bunch of old necessary programming in hospitals and such that would've gone offline. A few people might've died, but not the whole world. But, unfortunately, people got it in their heads that the security protocols for nuclear missiles were also on these programs, and widespread fear ensued. So it wasn't cultists, it was conspiracy theorists. June 6, 2006 was the cultist conspiracy (6/6/06. Get it?).



And once more, I agree. After passing through the hands of millions or more scribes, printers, computers, etc., but mainly the scribes, who were most prone to human error. It's like that cookie commercial, where they start whispering down the line about Billy and his Oreo Cakester, and at the end it comes out as Bobby and his first chest hair. Same principle, but applied over the course of two million years. Also, Stormdancer, you do realize that Debation is an atheist, right?



OMG, we're all gonna die... again... just like we did in 2000when the Y2K bug made all those nuclear bombs go off.



No, he's not. He's adressing that he thinks we're all bollocks for saying it's stupid and not backing that claim up.


I HATE COCKROACHES... But humans kinda fit the bar, i see your argument so clearly, will you marry me? :P

Debation is an Atheist? Ok... What. The. Hell? Hypocrite or just a little bit clueless to what an Atheist really is? I'm a Buddhist-Atheist, it makes sense, trust me.

The entire Earth wouldn't be hit, but the entire Earth would definitely be affected. When Vesuvius or... :/ When one volcano erupted, Australia heard it as gunshots, and it was like on the other side of the world, or pretty far away. That's how bad it was. Now if a Meteor hit, there'd be Earthquakes, Landslides, Tsunamis, etc. etc. Besides being covered in ash, the meteor might be radioactive, creating a massive Chernobyl. :/ Wow. We really will be cockroaches if we survive something like that.
__________________
Those who fear evil are its greatest followers.

The Brood is growing!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I HATE COCKROACHES... But humans kinda fit the bar, i see your argument so clearly, will you marry me? :P

Debation is an Atheist? Ok... What. The. Hell? Hypocrite or just a little bit clueless to what an Atheist really is? I'm a Buddhist-Atheist, it makes sense, trust me.

The entire Earth wouldn't be hit, but the entire Earth would definitely be affected. When Vesuvius or... :/ When one volcano erupted, Australia heard it as gunshots, and it was like on the other side of the world, or pretty far away. That's how bad it was. Now if a Meteor hit, there'd be Earthquakes, Landslides, Tsunamis, etc. etc. Besides being covered in ash, the meteor might be radioactive, creating a massive Chernobyl. :/ Wow. We really will be cockroaches if we survive something like that.
Yeah, but with the exception of the last one (then we would be screwed), we'd be safe underground with our fancy weather machines and satelites to tell us when it would be safe to come out again. Society would be in shambles, to be sure, but we'd still be alive.

Buddhist-Atheist does make a lot of sense. After all, Buddhism isn't really a religion, it's a philosophy and a way of life. And sorry, I'm not looking to get married right now. Particularly to someone I've never actually met.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Stormdancer94's Avatar
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You want to know... Why?
Posts: 782
Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Yeah, but with the exception of the last one (then we would be screwed), we'd be safe underground with our fancy weather machines and satelites to tell us when it would be safe to come out again. Society would be in shambles, to be sure, but we'd still be alive.

Buddhist-Atheist does make a lot of sense. After all, Buddhism isn't really a religion, it's a philosophy and a way of life. And sorry, I'm not looking to get married right now. Particularly to someone I've never actually met.

Haha, yeah. Buddhism is really enlightening I guess, it closely follows my morals, that of common sense. It's a bit of a technical religion, as Buddha is sorta put into the category of 'deity' :/ Sometimes. He's just mah teacher and an awesome one at that.

They're planning to terraform Mars! How cool and destructive is that?!?!

I was looking around Wikipedia at inhabitable planets, Neptune could become some kind of mine I think, or that might have been Uranus. (Oranos!) But living on Mars... :/ It'd be interesting to say in the least.

Sure, Earth will die sometime, but there's always science = new planet! :P ... Which we will inevitably destroy just like this one...

I wonder if life used to exist on the planets closer to the sun that Earth? You never know, there could be EMPIRES buried underneath all that stuff we can't land on... *I know nothing!*
__________________
Those who fear evil are its greatest followers.

The Brood is growing!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
Haha, yeah. Buddhism is really enlightening I guess, it closely follows my morals, that of common sense. It's a bit of a technical religion, as Buddha is sorta put into the category of 'deity' :/ Sometimes. He's just mah teacher and an awesome one at that.

They're planning to terraform Mars! How cool and destructive is that?!?!

I was looking around Wikipedia at inhabitable planets, Neptune could become some kind of mine I think, or that might have been Uranus. (Oranos!) But living on Mars... :/ It'd be interesting to say in the least.

Sure, Earth will die sometime, but there's always science = new planet! :P ... Which we will inevitably destroy just like this one...

I wonder if life used to exist on the planets closer to the sun that Earth? You never know, there could be EMPIRES buried underneath all that stuff we can't land on... *I know nothing!*
That's altogether possible. After all, the sun used to be a lot cooler, there could've been life on Mercury when the sun was about the right temperature for there. Then, when it got hotter, the sun boiled away liquids, the atmosphere got screwed up by unearthed chemicals, and solar winds blew dust all around in a desert effect, burying all evidence. We'll probably never know.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Stormdancer94's Avatar
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: You want to know... Why?
Posts: 782
Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
That's altogether possible. After all, the sun used to be a lot cooler, there could've been life on Mercury when the sun was about the right temperature for there. Then, when it got hotter, the sun boiled away liquids, the atmosphere got screwed up by unearthed chemicals, and solar winds blew dust all around in a desert effect, burying all evidence. We'll probably never know.


We actually COULD know, as there is a project going on somewhere in the world to create a space shuttle suitable to get closer to the sun than we've ever been before! I once had this weird idea that Neanderthals came from another planet... :/ But that's pretty impossible.

If the sun used to be colder and Mercury possibly had life before us, then maybe the sun will keep getting hotter and hotter until Humanity will be forced to move from planet to planet, all the way to Pluto!

... You never know?
__________________
Those who fear evil are its greatest followers.

The Brood is growing!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Poring's Avatar
Poring Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,197
Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: The End Of The World And The Bible Code

I felt that this thread needed this video. http://spikedhumor.com/articles/1628...imulation.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com