Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Gonna get an iPod... Ooh. Which one?

80GB Classic is all you really need. That should last you for quite a long time with many songs, a few videos, and no trouble at all.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:44 AM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth

@Dark Turtwig: Ever heard of buying CDs?

Ahem. Yup. As the others have said, Classic is the only thing left and 80 gig is the best way to go. You can get a really nice protective case from iSkin that has a hard screen cover and squishy rubber-like full-iPod grip to go over it for about thirty-three bucks (including tax in my state) at your local Apple store. It even has fun flaps to leave all the plug-ins open~

Be forewarned: if you get a new model iPod, and you have CDs with compilations of various artists, your cover-flow will have multiple images for the same cover. Other than that (and iTunes itself) there are no immediate or particularly bothersome problems with the iPod (unless you intend to buy a new computer and transfer all your songs by putting them onto your iPod and uploading them to the new PC--*shudder*).

If I were you, I'd completely ignore Apple and go with the Zen.... http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Porta...2400260&sr=8-7 Comparing the iPod to the Zen is like putting a chihuahua next to a saint bernard and contrasting their sizes. This is the 32 gig--it's fifty dollars more than the 4th gen 16 gig Nano ($190), but carries twice as much stuff. And... is... just... the definition of better. Their protective cases are cheaper and cooler, although my Zen goes commando so I can't vouch for an overall "better". As far as I know, the Zen (at least, the earlier models) is not compatible with iTunes; however, you CAN import your iTunes songs to whatever compatible music library you use.

~IGC t DM+

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.

Last edited by Scourge of Amaranth; 09-26-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
-Zodeon Offline

32GB iPod touch is for you :). Might be slightly expensive, but theyre flashy, rather large harddrive and can play videos better than any other ipod.

0989 7772 7033
Old 09-26-2008, 09:43 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Send a message via AIM to SunshineWingull
Thumbs up Re: Gonna get an iPod... Ooh. Which one?

Meh, I use mp3raid.com or mp3fusion.com. They're both legal to a certain extent, I think. If you, like, download an entire album and rip it onto a CD and stuff like that. Pretty sweet. You don't have to download any software or make an account. Just search and go.