Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
lol got my hopes up then, i thought you posted the next part of the story
Nope, still working on it.

You might want to be on the PM list instead so that I can PM you when the next chapter is out.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
james_gotex Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Poke View Post
Nope, still working on it.

You might want to be on the PM list instead so that I can PM you when the next chapter is out.
ADD MEEEEE XDD lol, would you like to check out my fan-fic, Titans, you inspired me to write again
Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
ADD MEEEEE XDD lol, would you like to check out my fan-fic, Titans, you inspired me to write again
Done. And I'll also check out your fic, when I have the time.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

My god. I have finally completed this chapter. God know how long it took, actually it took a month.

Phew. In any case. Here it is.

Chapter 4
The Thrill of the Chase
Or
The Skies of Cinnabar

Flight 716 to Cinnabar, 16:17

The flight was very peaceful. There was no sound indicating that they were travelling. The people chatted with each other, read a newspaper or were simply immersed in their own thoughts. The lights along the Donor class hallway were set alight at random. The others were fully determined to burn the fewest of calories and instead save their energy in the form of a five minute nap.

All in all, the flight was peaceful, serene, and almost everyone was happy.

Almost everyone.

Ron turned the light on and off, twitched, turned and fumbled in his seat, all with an expression of extreme discomfort. He grumbled, turned this way and that, and grumbled some more.

‘So… tell me something about your family.’ Archie asked, feebly attempting to start a conversation.

‘Well, I’ve told you about my dad… that’s it.’ replied Ron and turned in his seat again.

‘What about your mom?’

Ron stopped moving and didn’t answer. After a while, he said, ‘I… never knew her. She… died giving birth to me.’

‘Oh… I’m sorry,’ Archie said, without much conviction.

‘You shouldn’t be. Damn it!’ he said suddenly and whacked the arms of his chair. He then let out a stream of incomprehensible words, many of which sounded like profanities.¬

‘What?’ Archie interjected.

It’s this ****ing journey. It’s so idiotic. I mean, finding Jirachi, changing the world. How can I do that? It’s impossible!’

‘You’ve made it this far,’ replied Archie quizzically.

‘I know but…,’ he stopped, took a deep breath and started again. ‘I feel that it’s because of luck. Everything we did, every time we do such things… something always happens that helps us in a weird way. When I was being chased, you showed up. My injuries disappear. The security guards stop following us halfway. It’s like someone… something is watching us, tracking our every move, helping us along the way.

Ron sighed again and continued, ‘This whole journey… I’ve never believed that I would really run away, much less make it this far. This whole thing has just been a daydream in my head playing, replaying. Now that it’s actually happening, I don’t even have a plan of what to do. In my dreams, there was only one plan: find Jirachi; everything was nice and easy. Now… it isn’t. Shit… I should have joined the army, or just run away and took some other job or something.

‘But you didn’t.’ said Archie in a stern voice. ‘You ran away. You made it this far. And you are going to find Jirachi.’ His features softened. ‘It’s our choices that decide who we are and what path our life will take, and you’ve made a few great choices so far.

But, what if I screw up or something or… maybe… er… I’m confused!’ he ended frustratingly.

‘Well, you’re adolescent.’ observed Archie, ‘It’s normal to be confused.’ The corners of his mouth twitched into a slight smile. ‘Speaking of adolescence, have you begun to notice girls yet?’

Ron was spared having to answer by the captain’s hologram popping up in front of their chairs.

’ We have reached our destination,’ said the young man with short bristled hair. ’The lights will be switched off and we advice you to put on your seat belts.’ Almost immediately, two identical belts snapped up from somewhere inside the chair and fastened themselves around their abdomen. Thanks you for flying with us.

The captain’s head disappeared, followed by an instant dimming of the lights. The darkness hid Ron’s beetroot-red face as Archie chuckled to himself.

Ron took a glance out of the window and Cinnabar Island met his gaze. In comparison, Saffron was much larger. Then again, Cinnabar was mainly a research city. Most of the buildings were very small, around one-thousand five-hundred meters, the larger ones reaching up to four thousand. The city was divided into two halves. The Cinnabar research institute was so large that it covered half the city; many small, rectangular buildings clumped together to form a huge mosaic. The other half, Greater Cinnabar, was full of commercial properties. Beyond the numerous buildings he could see the Kantoinan Sea and the rays of the afternoon sun reflected on it, twisting and stretching, serpentine.

As the plane turned, Ron got a glimpse of the Cinnabar Aerodrome. It was definitely the largest in the city, easily diminishing every building next to it. It was a perfect copy, almost a clone, of the Saffron Aerodrome except for the Cinnabar replacing Saffron on the logo.

The plane swerved again, the window revealing nothing but the blue sky. As Ron turned around, the captain’s head popped up.
’We are now clear to land,’ it said and disappeared as quickly as it came.

Ron looked out of the window again. Unable to see anything, he leaned back in his seat.

A short while afterwards, the lights came back on with a ‘ding’ and the captain’s head appeared again.
’Welcome to Cinnabar Island. The local time here is 4:30 pm. Thanks you for flying with us and we hoped you enjoyed your flight.’

The captain’s head disappeared, followed shortly by the flurry of people getting out of their seats to leave the plane. As soon as Ron and Archie got out of their seats, they were separated by the fury of the crowd. However, Ron took this as a plus point since Archie could now no longer interrogate him about his sexual activities.

Ron plunged into the crowd and squirmed through sets of people in the direction in which he hoped the exit was. He almost tripped over a man’s bag, got squashed by a pregnant lady and got told off by an old man for knocking out his dentures. At the end of his adventure, Ron was sweating, fuming and silently cursing every single person on the plane.

When he finally reached the extension heading towards the aerodrome he saw the air-hostess whom he had met in gate 47. She seemed confused. Her eyes were unfocused and she was wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

‘I hope you’ve been a good boy this year.’ she said when he approached, wagging a finger and smiling weirdly.

‘Yeah… sure.’ he replied uneasily

After he walked up the sloping extension, he tripped over the rim of the door and fell on a man who shouted, ‘Hey!’

‘Sorry, sorry…’ Ron said involuntarily, but in his mind he was swearing so loudly that he was surprised the man couldn’t hear him.

Immediately, a strong pair of arms hoisted Ron up and he gave a yelp of surprise. The man surveyed Ron with cold eyes and a spark of memory reminded him that this was the man who sat behind him.

‘Sorry…’ Ron said grudgingly

‘S’okay, kid. Be more careful.’ The man replied and disappeared, just like that. Ron wondered for a moment whether his eyes were playing tricks on him before his thoughts were interrupted by Archie.

‘Where were you? I was looking all over for you.’ He said, suddenly coming up behind Ron.

‘Never mind that. Forget it.’ Ron didn’t want to relive his experiences.

‘Okay then. What were we talking about?’

‘Uh… uh… tomatoes!’ Ron hastily stated the first thing that came to his mind.

‘I beg your pardon…?’

‘You were talking about how you used tomatoes in your soup.’

‘I was?’ said Archie with a confused expression. ‘Yes, I believe I was.’ Then he started a rant about the various other ingredients used in his soup and Ron trudged behind him, hiding the feeling of momentary relief.

Men’s bathroom, Main dome, Saffron aerodrome, 16:27

‘I’m stuck.’

‘It’s not our fault you’re fat.’

‘Ow! You’re kicking my face!’

‘Get yo feet off my ‘ead!’

‘You stink!’

This argument had been continuing for several minutes. The four security guards had now woken up earlier than Raven expected due to a sudden overflow of the toilet. Unfortunately, the previous user had forgotten to flush, resulting in the guards being drenched in human excreta. Of course, they still hadn’t decided whether the incident was fortunate or not.

One of the officers, who undoubtedly had more than the body’s required amount of fat, was trying to climb through the minute opening at the top of the bathroom door. As luck would have it, he became stuck halfway, with his fat lower half trashing and the chubby upper half bawling.

‘Tell me again why you had to try going through the door.’ said one of the guards who had a wiry moustache and was of short stature and was struggling under the other’s extensive buttock.

‘I’m the biggest.’ The fat one said in a childish tone.

‘You’re the fattest, *******!’ said another, who had been closest to the toilet when it exploded and was now struggling to clean the feces on his face with toilet-paper. His curly black hair was soiled and his long nose was dripping.

The remaining guard with tanned skin and cropped blonde hair was sitting on the toilet seat with utmost boredom on his face, while listening to the stuck officer sniffling that he was big-boned.

‘Oi, Barb. Why don’ we jus’ blow the door open, eh?’ he said in a droll.
Barb, the officer who was cleaning his face, stood up and glared at him, looking almost comical with bits and pieces of toilet-paper stuck on his face.

‘Because, Eric,’ he retorted, ‘the destruction to the door will deduct our paychecks.’

‘Oh.’ Eric replied without much interest.

‘Would you two just SHUT UP and help me over here?’ came a muffled voice. Eric and Barb turned around to see the third officer, who was called Lester, struggling under the lower half of the fourth guard, Rawlin’s body.

Barb came and, with much difficulty, lifted Rawlin’s underside off a very red Lester.

‘Okay, here’s what we do. When I count to three, push Rawlin.’

Lester nodded and placed his palms on Rawlin’s wet trousers.

‘One, two, three!’

‘OW!’ came Rawlin’s voice. He hadn’t moved an inch.

‘Again. One. Two. Three!’

‘OW!’

The process repeated itself three more times with the same results.

‘Hey, Eric,’ said Barb, ‘Come here and help us.’

Eric grunted, got off his toilet seat and walked over to where the other two were standing.

‘Again. One. Two. Three!’

With the extra effort, Rawlin moved a little and screamed, ‘HEY! Don’t push so hard!

‘Okay,’ said Barb rubbing his hands together, ‘One more time, with all your strength.
One. Two. Three!’

This final push unstuck Rawlin with a pop and he fell sprawled on the floor.

‘Oi, mate, get us out of ‘ere.’ Eric grunted from behind the door.

Rawlin got up dazed. He put his hand on the handle of the door and turned it. When the door didn’t budge, he tried again. Finally, he said stupidly, ‘It’s locked.’

‘WHAT!’ shouted the three other guards in unison.

After another five minutes of pushing and squeezing, the three other guards, who were thankfully thinner than Rawlin, had made it out of the bathroom. They decided to inform the police that the boy had gotten away. They rushed out of the bathroom and headed towards the security booth, amid several stares from astonished travelers. Finally Barb, who was the fastest, reached the booth first followed by Lester, Eric and Rawlin bringing up the rear, puffing and panting.

The security booth was somewhat like the center, but smaller. Much smaller. In fact, it was so small that it only allowed room for a single person in a small desk so cramped that it barely had room. The top of ¬

The booth was a projector which posted images of lost and found, kind of like the notice bored, and below it was the aerodrome logo and the signboard. A small, plump woman was sitting hind the desk chatting animatedly on a holo-phone. She had a round face and a mane of frizzy hair. On seeing the four guards, the bubblegum she was chewing fell out of her mouth with a ‘plop’ as she gaped at them. The floating, holograph of the head of a young attractive woman mirrored her expression.

‘Uh… I’ll call you later, okay, honey?’ she said and quickly disappeared.

The woman behind the counter quickly regained her senses. She turned the phone off, and in a quick, fluid motion took an air-freshener from her desk and started spraying them quickly. The men yelped in pain as the semi-liquid fluid stung their eyes.

After some time, the woman stopped spraying and sniffed the air. Satisfied, she put the air-freshener down within arm’s reach.

‘Now… how may I help you?’ she said finally in a nasal tone.

‘DARNIT, WOMAN!’ Lester shouted. He walked towards the desk menacingly. ‘IF YOU DO THAT ONE MORE TIME…. !’ he started, but was quickly silenced by another round of spraying.

‘Now dear don’t come near the desk.’ she said as Lester screamed in pain, ‘I just cleaned it this morning. Now, would you tell me why you’re here or else I’ll have to call security.

‘We ARE security, dimwit!’ shouted Lester, releasing one of his hands tightly clutched around his eyes and pointing towards his badge.

‘Really?’ the woman said leaning forward and crinkling her nose. ‘Well, I didn’t see it when it was covered with… is that what I think it is?’

Lester was practically shaking with anger. Eric came forward and put a hand on his shoulder.

‘Calm down mate. I’ll tell her.’ Lester went back fuming and Eric went to the woman, careful not to get near her desk.

‘Well, ma’am. We’ve seen the kid that ran away from the war minister. He was running towards Gate 47. We think he’s on the plane to Cinnabar.

The woman raised an eyebrow. ‘Well, why didn’t you catch him?’

‘Y’see, we got… attacked.’

The woman’s eyebrows disappeared into her mane of brown hair. ‘By… ?’

‘Yeah, that’s the funny part y’know.’ Eric giggled nervously, ‘We didn’t see him clearly.’

The woman fixed him a cold stare. ‘Not funny. Not funny at all. Well, I’d better tell the Cinnabar aerodrome about this.’ She dialed a number onto the phone and when it started ringing, she looked at them with beady eyes.

‘Why are you still here? Go on, shoo.’ The four of them grunted in reply and moved away from the security booth in silence. The pattering of the many people could be heard as well as their voices. Occasionally, an announcement would break the uneven silence. When they had gotten a good distance from the security booth…

‘What a *****…’

‘I agree wid you, mate.’

‘I should just take that air-freshener and shove it up her…’

‘My butt hurts.’

Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Main Dome, Cinnabar aerodrome, 16:30

Raven grudgingly watched the numerous people laughing, smiling and just being cheerful.

’We’re in the midst of a war. How can anyone even feign happiness?’ he thought. He sighed and got up from the bare stretch of metallic wall that he was leaning against. He walked forward and mixed with the crowd.

The Cinnabar Aerodrome was just like the Saffron Aerodrome. Everything inside it was perfectly similar to the other. The Center. The food-court.

The annoying people.

Raven stripped away from the mass and walked over to a secluded bench in a corner. It looked as if it was made of mahogany but Raven knew full well that it was just plastic. Two COMING SOON banners for new shops were at either side of it. A few paper plants were next to it to give it a certain effect and the late afternoon sun shone through the large window behind it.

He sat on the bench and glared at nothing in particular for a moment before taking the circular glass piece out of his pocket.

‘I’ve just seen the boy,’ he spoke to it.

There was silence for a moment and then, ‘What of it.’

Raven shuddered for a second as the soft, hissing voice brought a set of chills to his spine. ‘He seems… well, scrawny.

More silence. ‘Don’t judge him by his looks. You know full well what he is meant for.’

Raven nodded, knowing full well that the creature could see him.

‘You know what you must do. It would do well for you to protect him.’ A final hiss emanated from the mirror.

Raven put the mirror in his pocket and sat, head low and hands together, mulling over what was just said. After a moment, he vanished and appeared near the Exit counter of Gate 9. It was a large circular room with an abundance of people. There were many chairs which were almost completely filled. There was a shop in one of the corners which sold refreshment. On the other end was a hallway to a Hydro-lift which headed to the Main Dome.

He leaned against a wall, eyes narrowed and faced towards the door leading to the flight. A second later, the boy appeared next to the man that he had been sitting next to on the plane. The boy was slightly frizzled. His expression was one of boredom. The man was chatting animatedly with the boy but he didn’t quite seem to be hearing. The man talked on anyway; Raven got hints of the words salt, lemon and natural. Seconds later, Raven didn’t know how, their eyes met.

Pure agony tore through Raven’s body. He stifled the urge to scream to avoid any distractions, but the pain was so unbearable that he let out a series of soft grunts and moans. His face was twisted and his veins were popping.

[I]’Never… again…’[/]I he made a mental note when the pain started to subside. He had just done what he had been told never to do. Everything was ruined.

He opened his eyes to a slit and what he saw surprised him. The man still walking with Ron, unperturbed although silent, as if nothing had happened. Raven watched him suspiciously as he walked with the boy out of the exit counter and into the Main Dome. Just then, he saw one of the security guards take out a mobile holo-phone.

He was wearing a black suit; parallel to the blue of the Saffron Aerodrome guards. It was full-sleeved showing that he was the boss. A granite hat sat atop his head and his polished badge brightly reflected the artificial light. The head of a frizzy haired lady appeared on the phone and started talking with him. Raven moved over to him, close enough to hear and far enough to avoid suspicion.

‘ –the stupid lines. I have half a mind to call the communication authorities. Do you know how long it took me to call you?’

‘Just get to the point. I am the head of Aerodrome Security and I don’t like to waste my time.’ The security guard said irritably albeit a little proudly.

‘The boy. Draven’s son. One of my men saw him heading towards the flight to Cinnabar, so there’s a good chance he’s there. I’ll send you a picture, wait.’

The woman’s head disappeared, a miniature 3-D image of Ron revolving in her place.

‘I think I saw that boy, a few minutes ago. He just passed by here.’

‘Well, why are you standing there muttering gibberish?! Catch him!’ the woman practically screamed and disappeared. The security guard stood there, muttered something about incompetent women, and pressed a finger to his ear.

‘Calling all units. We have a baby runt away from his mother, abducted by a piece of white coal masquerading as chocolate, headed towards quadrant three. I want two farmers at my rear and two to run around the farmhouse. Copy?’

Raven gaped at him, half surprised, half morbidly amused. Code languages these days…

Two guards, who apparently got the message, ran over to him. He put two fingers to his eyes and pointed them towards the door. The younger guards nodded, obviously pleased to be working with an experienced person like the ‘head of Aerodrome Security.’

The three officers then moved slowly, trying to be discreet… or as discreet as it is possible to be in an airport filled with people, towards the hallway. Raven stood, tracking their progress and wondering what he was seeing was really happening.

’The world is a crazy place.’ he concluded. As soon as they disappeared towards the door, although he knew that they would never catch Ron, he followed them.

‘It would do well for you to protect him.’

He sighed. A near impossible task.

Main Dome, Cinnabar Aerodrome, 16:37

Ron stared at Archie whose face was tightened into an expression of deep concentration. A few minutes ago he was gibbering about how to preserve natural foods, but then he stopped suddenly. Ron refrained from asking him what happened, partly because he knew Archie wouldn’t tell him, partly because he didn’t want him to start talking again. There were at a corner of the Aerodrome now, close to the car parking and exits. He looked at the Center of the Aerodrome. It listed various flights to Johto, Indigo Plateau, and etcetera; but not Hoenn.

‘I can’t see any flights to Hoenn.’ Ron said, interrupting Archie’s thoughts.

‘Eh… wha… oh.’ He said finally glancing at the Center too. ‘Unfortunate really…’ he became moody again.

They passed by a huge notice board, similar to the one in Saffron, with a metallic border and a number of flashing images. It read,

All flights from 10 o clock to 12 tomorrow will be canceled on government orders.

‘That’s it,’ said Ron pointing excitedly. ‘On government orders. The Aerodrome. The Army flight is going to leave tomorrow!’

‘That’s great,’ replied Archie absent-mindedly

‘So, we’ll find a place to stay for today, then… how do we get on the ship? Hmm… we could disguise ourselves or something and…’

‘That’s a great idea.’ Archie mumbled.

‘Hey you! Ronald Draven!’

Ron looked around and saw three men in uniform running up to him. The one at the lead was staring at him with malevolence and the two behind him had excited expressions

‘Archie, run!’Ron shouted and a stupid though went through his head: Why did they always call out his name before trying to catch him?

They ran without a single clue to where they were going; Pushing and knocking people over in the process. A few people shouted, a few ‘ooohed’ and ‘aaahd’ and a few also started taking pictures.

‘Here!’ Archie shouted, taking Ron’s arm and leading him towards an escalator. A neon signboard above pointed the way to the exit. The duo rushed down the escalator, pushing people aside and careful not to trip and fall down; the footsteps and voices of the security guards who were following them were distinctly audible above the din of the crowd.

They rushed out of the escalator and entered a perpendicular path heading towards the right. Archie went first and then stopped suddenly; Ron almost crashed into him. Two other security guards in similar outfits were standing with contorted expressions as if they were scared of the guns they were pointing at Archie.

‘D-don’t move,’ one stuttered.

Archie cocked his head to the side and sprinted at an awesome speed towards the guards. He knocked the gun out of one’s hand with a well-timed round-hose kick, took his empty hand and threw him onto the other guard who was staring with shock. He then stood, legs bent and arms in a defensive pose in front of him… until he realized that Ron was staring at him.

‘What?’

‘Well, I er… never thought that you’d be able to do that.’

‘He straightened up and wiped some dust off his shoulder hastily. ‘There’s a lot of stuff you don’t know about me, kid. Now, let’s get going.’

They ran through the path which led to a large semi-circular dome made of glass. The slightly orange-tinted skies of Cinnabar stared back at them, the light producing an unearthly glow. There was a transparent door at the bottom leading the way to the P-level car parking on a large circular extension. Strangely, there were no security guards in front of it. Ron and Archie rushed through the door and stopped eyeing the numerous vehicles.

‘We have to take one,’ said Archie finally.

‘What?! We can’t steal a car!’

‘We have no other choice.’ He walked over to the nearest car; a streamlined yellow and black with a pod suited for two people. It had two identical and parallel poles sticking out at the front and rear which was probably for cutting through the air faster (which Ron highly doubted).

‘How do we open it?’ asked Ron running his hand over the painted hood.

Archie put a hand to his chin and glared at the car with deep concentration. A few moments later, he gave it a slight kick. Almost immediately, the car started making honking sounds, the doors flew open and the interiors lit up spectacularly. The engine revved up with a soft gurgle and the car levitated and stopped, hovering at a suitable height for them to get in. It then gave a ‘hum’, beckoning them to enter.

‘How did you do that?’ Ron gasped in awe.

The answer Archie gave surprised him. ‘I have absolutely no idea.’

Rooftop, Cinnabar Aerodrome, 16:45

‘HEY! UNTIE ME!’

Raven winced at the sound of the voice; the intensity was second to only Draven himself.

‘I’M TALKING TO YOU!’

‘There’s no need to shout.’ Raven replied in his deep and creepy tone.

The security guards were tied to a pole at the very top of the dome. The air-pressure knocked most of them unconscious but one of them refused to sleep; shouting at Raven with every spare breath.

‘I am the head of Aerodrome Security and I order you to let me go, THIS INSTANT!’

Raven pulled his hat tighter over his head, wincing at the sunlight and sweating. It didn’t help that he was on one of the tallest building in Kanto on a cloudless afternoon. He walked in slow, steady steps towards the ‘head of Aerodrome Security’ and gave him a swift blow to the head. He went down instantly, his head hanging limply and a bead of saliva dripping from his jaw.

The hot air was suddenly filled with the wailing tones of sirens. Raven walked to the sloping edge of the roof, silently cursing the builder for making it reflective, and saw something that made him curse again; three black and white police-cars dodging the traffic and heading swiftly towards the Aerodrome.

But how? How did they know Ron was here? The woman in Saffron, Raven concluded. She had called them, and for a good reason.

He whirled around and scanned the levels below; his eyes were moving so fast that they were a blur. He finally found Ron and the man scrambling onto a hover-car.

The sounds of the sirens became louder as the police approached. Raven took a deep breath, readied himself and then ran with an amazing speed; his hand was holding his hat and his clothes were flapping as he sprinted towards the edge of the roof in the direction of the police cars.

P-level Parking Lot, Cinnabar Aerodrome, 16:46

Ron was panicking. The loud honking sounds had filled the air for more than a minute and his anxiety grew with every passing second. He turned around repeatedly in the seat of the car to check upon the tiny black blips in the sky which were growing larger every moment.

‘Hurry up, will you?!’ he practically screamed at Archie, who was having troubles of his own trying to start the vehicle which, Ron realized, was a new model and had a completely redesigned control panel. Archie was pressing at the various buttons on the holographic screen below the window and between the two seats, none of which were having any effect.

‘I’m trying my best,’ he replied with a calmness that was vehemently surprising given the situation at hand.

‘Oh God… the police are after me,’ he mumbled, seemingly to himself, ‘I’m as bad as a common criminal. My father will… AAAHHH!!

But Ron’s scream was completely drowned out by the roar of the wind as the car plunged out of the extension and started falling towards the ground.

‘UP, UP!’ cried Ron, unable to hear his own voice.

Archie put both hands on the steering wheel and pulled. The car obeyed lunging out of the dive and straightening, running parallel to the invisible ground below. Scores of buildings, cars and whatnot rushed past them, various blurs of color barely visible to the eye. The speed was overwhelming; Ron stomach went up to his throat and he hesitantly opened his eyes which were, till then, shut tightly.

‘CARS!!’ he roared again as the vehicle headed with enormous speed towards a line of hovering cars waiting patiently for the signal to change.

Aerodrome Air-space, 16:46

The world seemed to move in slow-motion. Raven was falling, diagonally, with his arms outstretched behind him. He could see, out of the corner of his eyes, the numerous cars below him, but he kept his vision on only one vehicle.

It approached, slowly perpendicular to his fall, just below him. His eyes widened as it drew up. The driver’s face turned slowly and contorted into an expression of deep fear. The sirens blared slowly, the passing red and blue light reflecting darkly on Raven’s face. And suddenly, his feet made contact.

Everything speeded up a thousand times. The car flew off balance, diverted from its path by Raven’s weight. Raven tensed up his legs; his muscles tightened and he leapt of the car and into the air. In the span of a few nano-seconds, it crashed into a building.

The sound that followed was tremendous. Screams, explosions; all could be heard. The various sounds left a ringing sound in his ears as he descended head first into the skies below. A fireball zoomed past him, but he didn’t do as much as look at the aftermath of the crash. His vision was targeted below at the cars that were zooming below. He stretched his hand out and reached for a nearby beige vehicle grabbing the side and holding tight.

The car tilted with the extra weight at the side and its occupant screamed, letting go of the steering wheel. The car rocked to and fro, strangely avoiding every vehicle that almost ran into it. With a mighty heave, Raven pulled himself into the car seat. Immediately, he took control of the car and straightened it. It was now flying high, away from the traffic, towards the direction to the honking cries which were at a considerable distance.

It was then that he noticed his neighbor, a small-mousey man with straw-colored hair, probably in his late-twenties. He was staring at Raven with wide-eyes, his hands in front of him covering his body. He was gasping horribly and looked terrified.

Raven smiled a little smile.

Cinnabar Airspace, Greater Cinnabar, 16:46

Ron lunged for the wheel, jumping on Archie’s lap. Grasping it firmly, he turned to the side, praying. The car turned so sharply that its occupants almost flew of. Ron could see the line of cars out of the corner of his eye, looking blurred as they were flying past.

‘Slow down!’ Ron cried trying his best to control the car. Archie nodded frantically and removed the pressure of his leg on the accelerator and put his foot on the brake. Slowly, the car slowed down and finally came to a stop. Ron got back on his seat and sighed. He breathed deeply, in and out in short sighs of relief. Archie still sat in the driver’s seat blankly observing his surroundings.

They were in probably important part of Cinnabar, somewhere in D-level, Ron guessed. The buildings were quite tall and various holographic billboards surrounded the area. The levels above and below were stemming with traffic.

Ron’s thoughts were abruptly brought to an end by the familiar honking sound which had suddenly pierced the air and were becoming louder every moment.

What was he doing sitting in a motionless car? The police were coming?

‘Let me drive,’ he said and Archie agreed. After they switched places, Ron stomped the accelerator and was instantly propelled, though at a much more controllable speed.

He checked the rear-view display. In the multicolored array of cars, he could just make out the blinking lights and black and white design of the two police cars which were darting through the traffic. Squinting forward, he could see the traffic signal, a pole floating motionlessly in the air, undisturbed by gravity.

He was being chased by the police. Traffic rules could wait.

He turned the wheel sharply and pulled it slightly so that the zoomed away from the air traffic and flew towards the left, rising simultaneously. He then turned the vehicle sharply downwards and fell into a steep dive towards the lower levels. Less traffic, he decided, was probably a good thing.

Archie was remarkably silent; a fact that bothered Ron for some reason. Still, he drove it out of his mind, kept a steady eye in the two police cars now diving behind him and hoped for the best.

Cinnabar Airspace, Greater Cinnabar, 16:48

Raven’s car swooped and fell with a tremendous speed, almost perpendicular to the ground below. The honking of the police cars still filled the air as countless cars moved away to make room for the chase. The boy had done well so far. He was successfully maneuvering the car to avoid traffic whilst keeping the police at bay. Raven wondered whether he would truly live up to his expectation.

As the cars zipped past amid the wailing sirens, honking horns and indecently swearing observers, Raven felt a surge of anger. The car was jerking from side to side and was emitting groans. The boy’s car and the police were falling away into the descents of E-level while Raven lagged behind.

‘Cars are useless,’ he murmured and jumped away.

There was a boom which sounded like the car Raven left behind had crashed. He zipped through the air travelling abnormally fast even for a man jumping off a car vertically onto the ground below.

He dodged the various cars in his path with surprising ease. The rim of the rear of the police car approached and Raven grabbed it with deft fingers. His muscles rippled as he controlled his body weight and fell onwards to the back seat of the car, much to the surprise of the two officers inside.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Cinnabar Airspace, Greater Cinnabar, 16:49

The scene which was being shown in the rear-view display baffled Ron. The second police car was shaking and twisting about as if the officers inside had truly lost control. Behind the windshield Ron could just make out two struggling bodies. Or was it three? He couldn’t tell. What happened next was shocking.

One of the officers was thrown out of the car. His distorted scream was shrill and audible before it died away as he fell away behind the racing automobile. The second officer soon followed, his scream deeper and shorter compared to the first. Astonishingly, the car regained control. There was a shadow of a black-clothed figure behind the windshield. The person looked strangely familiar.

“Ron!’ Archie screamed and pointed towards the front.

Ron looked up immediately. The flash of the bridge between two buildings that he was heading towards sent a mass of impulses to the core of his brain. Immediately, with a movement so fast that it could have been considered reflex, Ron pulled the steering wheel with all his might. The car obeyed accordingly pulling upwards parallel to the bridge.

With two more sharp turns, Ron found himself on an empty pathway in E-level. It was almost completely deserted. The light stopped coming through halfway between the jumble of buildings enveloping the E-level surrounding with ethereal darkness. Ron smiled to himself.

A perfect place for a chase.

He took another glance at the rearview display. Much to his surprise, the second police car had vanished but the first one seemed not to have noticed and was still chasing him.

‘Enough, kid.’ said a deep crackly voice that seemed to emanate from the first car. ‘You have nowhere to go. Just give- AAARRHH’

Ron gaped in horror at the scene playing before his eyes.

Cinnabar Airspace, Greater Cinnabar, 16: 51

The explosion took place above Raven as he fell. Fire and debris flew around him. One of the police cars still flew on and crashed into a nearby building while the other fell slowly as if afraid, down to the ground.

Raven’s beaded eyes followed the vehicle as it fell past him, its horn honking and engine revving. There was fire on its hood and the thick smoke unfurled in the air.

Raven turned his body to the ground which seemed ever so close. Maybe he should become a sky diver. He was certainly falling a lot today.

Slowly, he rolled his body in a somersault motion round and round, picking up speed slowly. It was a trick he had learned in the army. As he reached the ground, he just hit the floor and rolled away unhurt.

He lay collapsed in a heap for a moment or so before getting up slowly. He wiped the dust of his clothes and walked over to a pole. Leaning against it, he observed his surroundings, an abandoned G-level street.

As the pungent smell hit his nostrils, he made a sudden movement, possibly to get to Ron again. He hesitated and seemed to think better of it. His hand moved to his breast pocket from where he pulled out a small gold covered box.

He needed a smoke.

Somewhere in E-level, 16:53

Ron had tried to trace the movement of the man that fell in vain. He stopped the car and looked down for a sign of the person. Unfortunately, he was at such a height that all he could see was a vague outline of the ground. He made a sudden motion for the steering wheel before Archie caught his hand.

‘Ron, no.’

‘But he fell. He could be seriously hurt.’

Archie gave him a look. It wasn’t angry or malevolent in anyway. In fact, the only word that could be used to describe it was intimidating.

Ron knew he didn’t have a choice.

He slumped in his seat and gazed blankly into the sky.

‘What do we do know?’ he asked.

At that movement something small and soft hit his head. He fumbled through his thick sanguine hair and uncovered a ad-pill. It was a small fabric covered square object with a button in the middle. Once the button was pressed, the pill would deliver a message two to three times before the end of its life. Commonly used for advertising, it was also used by criminals to deliver secret messages. The government had previously declared its use illegal and Ron was surprised to see it.

He pressed the button in the middle and Archie leaned over, clearly as baffled as he was. When nothing happened, Ron pressed it again. Immediately, a blue beam shot up and diluted into a colored holographic video.

A woman stood before them. She had a shoulder length haircut and wire-rimmed glasses. An awkward smile was plastered on her place.

‘I’m smiling,’ she said pointing towards her face. ‘Can you guess why I’m smiling?’

Ron looked and Archie and Archie looked back, puzzled.

‘That’s because I’m staying at the Wilhelmina,’ she stepped away and made a waving motion with her arms. The holograph then showed a flurry of sumptuously decorated rooms in a dazzling array of colors. A few seconds later, the woman stepped back into the screen.

‘Come join us at the Wilhelmina, where service comes with a smile,’ she said, pointing towards her grin again. The holograph vanished.

Archie looked at Ron. ‘Should we go there?’

Ron thought for a moment. ‘I don’t know. The Wilhelmina has a bad reputation,’ which was very true.

Over the years, the Wilhelmina had gained an enormous amount of criticism for being one of the worst hotels in Kanto. The place was riddling with convicts, criminals and a variety of strange people. Many had said that there were worms in the food, ants in the bed and lizards in the walls. A number of strange businesses went on behind the walls of that hotel

Speaking of which, the woman in the commercial was probably on drugs. Ron shuddered at the thought.

‘We have a bad reputation too,’ Archie replied. Ron registered the truth of the statement and nodded.

‘Yeah, plus the Wilhelmina doesn’t take identification, which may work for us. I won’t enjoy it though.’

‘Relax; it’s only for a day, isn’t it?’

‘Yeah,’ Ron agreed. He looked Archie, ‘But what do we do about this car?

Before Archie could answer, there was a sudden glow which abruptly lit up the dark surrounding and then disappeared. Ron and Archie looked back. A lone taxi was heading towards them at a snail’s pace. The headlights were blinking awkwardly, probably due to a malfunction.

Swiftly, Ron started the engine again and led the cat to a bridge connecting two buildings at the side of the path. The two got of the car and waved their hands as the cab drew closer.

The car stopped and a window opened. A grim looking man was seated behind the wheel with bloodshot eyes and unshaved stubble.

‘Where’d you be goin’?’ he asked grumpily.

‘The Wilhelmina.’ Ron said.

The driver laughed, ‘You’s be the strangest people I’s ever met. Whatchu goin’n to the Wilhelmina for?’ His eyes widened suddenly.

‘Hey, I know you’s! You that Draven kid!’

Ron had been prepared for this. He took out his Fuld’s sphere from his pocket and scrolled for his wallet. ‘How much?’ he asked.

‘The man’s eyes went from Ron’s face to the wallet in his hand. ‘Fifty dollars.’ he said finally.

Ron shoved a handful of notes into the man’s hand and beckoned Archie to get in. After the two were seated in the car the man asked, ‘You’s two be all over the papers, you know that?’

Ron didn’t answer. Archie however was looking at a bottle in the man’s hand.

‘Do you know that it’s illegal to drink and drive?’ he asked.

‘Shut it,’ came the sharp reply.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 AM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996

at chapter was awesome! i have just started to read this story and i hope you continue with it!

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Thank you, james111 ^^ Of course I'm continuing the story :)
Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 PM

Yay!! when is next chapter?

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 09-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1111 View Post
Yay!! when is next chapter?
I haven't even started yet. I'm currently working on the few one-shots but I'll try to post chapter 5 as fast as I can.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Ho hum...

Sorry for bumping this but I really don't have a lot of time for this fic right now and it's going to be on hiatus for a while. I've written a bit of chapter 5 but I need to get the inspiration to finish it.

Just a note.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM

OK DX i will be waiting.......

Quote:
~Buddha~
Old 11-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Giratina Offline

D:

Hiatus? Aww.

Good story, and please break the hiatusness soon! You're a good writer and this is a great story.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Azure Offline
Master Trainer

Thank you, both of you.

I'll try to get the fifth chapter up as soon as I can.