Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
go go pokemon's Avatar
go go pokemon Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5
Smile noob needs help

im a noob to pokemon leafgreen and was wondering if anyone could tell me what pokemon i should catch in the begining to create a pokemon dream team
thanks ^_^
__________________
my psychic team

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Dark Turtwig's Avatar
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Acually, can I crash at your place?
Posts: 4,249
Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Re: noob needs help

Just for the average team, get a Pidgey, maybe a Caterpie and Pikachu in the Viridian Forest, (yes there are pikachu in there. It's just a little rare) and when you get an Eevee from the Celadon mansion, evolve it to a Vaporeon or Flareon if you got the Grass Starter, Jolteon if you don't have a pikachu/Raichu by that time.
__________________
{Mah Linkz}

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Kendo's Avatar
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via AIM to Kendo
Default Re: noob needs help

#1: Squirtle should be a solid choice for your starter pokemon.

#2: Catch a Pidgey in Route 1, 2, or Viridian Forest.

#3: -Catch a Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Look hard-they're rare!
-Get the Eevee in Celadon City and evolve it into Jolteon. That is, if you have the patience to wait that long to complete your team.
I suggest you use Pikachu until you get to Celadon and, if you feel comfortable using it, keep it and don't replace it.

#4: -Catch a Mankey in the route to the left of Viridian City.
-Go to the cave that comes after Cerulean City (forget the name) and catch a Machop.
Mankey should help get you past the first two gyms. After that, catch Machop.

#5: Catch an Abra in the route to the west of Vermillion City. It's reccomended that you trade it after it becomes a Kadabra, then trade it back, but it'll work fine in combat as Kadabra as well.

#6: -Catch a Geodude in Mount Moon.
-Whatever you want, but with a different type than your other party members. Flareon may be a good choice, but when I tried using it, I didn't like it too much and it didn't help too much in the fourth gym.
__________________
A very dumb story. Go read it.
~Kendo
Join my RPG...
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: noob needs help

Just so you know, 'Pokemon: Strategies and Movesets' is just that. Not for any in-game team advice. For competitive battling teams ONLY. If you want anymore advice like this, I suggest trying the right board, which would be the sub-board for Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen.

Btw Flareon sucks. Bad Special Attack and no physical STAB.
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 AM
RocketMeowth's Avatar
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: iEs muy efectivo!
Posts: 3,746
Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Re: noob needs help

This thread has been moved to its proper location. Good luck on picking the proper Pokemon for starting out!

=^^= Nya
__________________
Paired with Neo Emolga -- THE FORUM RULES -- Trophies -- Things to do at PE2K -- My Art
GO DJ MEOWTH! GO!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
The_Seventieth_Evil Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 2,144
Default Re: noob needs help

You should only need your Starter, until you reach Vermilion. If in Viridian Forest, Pikachu can be quite useful as a second Pokemon. Zubat is a great choice, as a Golbat at Lv.25 can single handedly destroy Cerulean Gym. Zubat starts weak and gets better after learning BITE.

Diglett and Drowzee are very useful, once at Vermilion City. With DIG, Diglett just scores your third badge. Hypno's Special Defense, and at higher levels, can help you capture all three legendary birds. Remember to purchase Ultra Balls. Like thirty per bird. Gastly is useful once a Gengar, but is not as effective as a Hypno when going for the legendary birds. Get yourself a Poison from the big house on Cinnabar, and take both your Fossil and Amber (use Cut in Pewter City, to go in back wway of museum).

Safari Zone: Go Super Rod fishing for Dratini. Dragonite may as well be something you can use. Chansey? Get one if you can. Kangaskhan is awesome, as is Rhyhorn and Tauros. Maybe a second stage Nidoran. Ignore Paras and Parasect and Venomoth's. Get an Exeggcute.

Game Corner: Porygon and Abra are the better prizes. And obviously Pinsir (LeafGreen) and Scyther (FireRed).

Islands: Six Island and its surrounding areas is one of the best for Johto types. Like Yanma and Heracross.

---------------

~WATER: Squirtle is the better starter. For 80,000p an Ice Beam TM on it works awesome. Surf, Brick Break, Bite, Waterfall are other good moves. Protect as well. Build yourself a Gyarados. Also a Wish & Baton Pass Vaporeon, Bold nature.

~BUG: Heracross. HERACROSS! Use the Swords Dance Move Tutor on it. And it only. Otherwise, avoid the likes of Caterpie, Weedle and Venonat.

~FIRE: Rapidash or Magmar. Flareon and Magcargo are not as great as others. Or import/trade for Blaziken or Cyndaquil. Moltres from Mt. Ember.

~GRASS: Get a Venonat and make the trade for the Cinnabar guy's Tangela, in the science lab's first room. Or go for Exeggutor...

~ICE: Jynx, from Ceruleun House (fish for Poliwhirl, then trade). Or Lapras from the Save Saffron story quest.

~STEEL: Magneton! Bzzt! Or trade for a Beldum to use Metagross.

~DRAGON: Dragonite, Kingdra... All evolved Dragons are good. Just Altaria is not as used. The better ones need to be traded for...

~DARK: Tyranitar is the better in terms of in game. Larvitar on Six Island.

~ROCK: Tyranitar first. Aerodactyl second. Kabutops, as the DOME FOSSIL is better.

~GHOST: Gengar ftw! A trade for a Duskull could help.

~FIGHTING: Machamp with Rock Slide & Cross Chop, Rest & Sleep Talk. HitmonLEE.

~ELECTRIC: If you choose Squirtle, a Raikou will run around mainland KANTO. Follow and capture it. Otherwise Jolteon, Magneton, Raichu, Zapdos.

~GROUND: Dugtrio is better, with Arena Trap. A final form NIDO. King preferred. Donphan.

~POISON: Weezing or Muk. Seviper if you can.

~NORMAL: Blissey, Snorlax, Tauros, Miltank. Slaking is better with Emerald's punches. Furret?

~PSYCHIC: Alakazam, Espeon, Gardevoir, Starmie, Mr. Mime (the trade), Slowbro or Slowking.

~FLYING: Get, or hope for, a male Togepi to hatch from the Water Labyrinth Egg. Dodrio is better than Pidgeot. Fearow and Zapdos are great. Swellow if you can. Farfetch'd may be weak, but it can learn Swords Dance and False Swipe.

Last edited by The_Seventieth_Evil; 09-24-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: noob needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by go go pokemon View Post
im a noob to pokemon leafgreen and was wondering if anyone could tell me what pokemon i should catch in the begining to create a pokemon dream team
thanks ^_^
uhh, i think your starter should be bulbasaur, then go out and find a caterpie and a sandshrew, that should help. also, catch a water type as fast as you can cuz that'l really help in the gyms.
idk if this helped much or if u need this now, but hey!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 PM
ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HOOTERS.
Posts: 773
Default Re: noob needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Seventieth_Evil View Post
You should only need your Starter, until you reach Vermilion. If in Viridian Forest, Pikachu can be quite useful as a second Pokemon. Zubat is a great choice, as a Golbat at Lv.25 can single handedly destroy Cerulean Gym. Zubat starts weak and gets better after learning BITE.

Diglett and Drowzee are very useful, once at Vermilion City. With DIG, Diglett just scores your third badge. Hypno's Special Defense, and at higher levels, can help you capture all three legendary birds. Remember to purchase Ultra Balls. Like thirty per bird. Gastly is useful once a Gengar, but is not as effective as a Hypno when going for the legendary birds. Get yourself a Poison from the big house on Cinnabar, and take both your Fossil and Amber (use Cut in Pewter City, to go in back wway of museum).

Safari Zone: Go Super Rod fishing for Dratini. Dragonite may as well be something you can use. Chansey? Get one if you can. Kangaskhan is awesome, as is Rhyhorn and Tauros. Maybe a second stage Nidoran. Ignore Paras and Parasect and Venomoth's. Get an Exeggcute.

Game Corner: Porygon and Abra are the better prizes. And obviously Pinsir (LeafGreen) and Scyther (FireRed).

Islands: Six Island and its surrounding areas is one of the best for Johto types. Like Yanma and Heracross.

---------------

~WATER: Squirtle is the better starter. For 80,000p an Ice Beam TM on it works awesome. Surf, Brick Break, Bite, Waterfall are other good moves. Protect as well. Build yourself a Gyarados. Also a Wish & Baton Pass Vaporeon, Bold nature.

~BUG: Heracross. HERACROSS! Use the Swords Dance Move Tutor on it. And it only. Otherwise, avoid the likes of Caterpie, Weedle and Venonat.

~FIRE: Rapidash or Magmar. Flareon and Magcargo are not as great as others. Or import/trade for Blaziken or Cyndaquil. Moltres from Mt. Ember.

~GRASS: Get a Venonat and make the trade for the Cinnabar guy's Tangela, in the science lab's first room. Or go for Exeggutor...

~ICE: Jynx, from Ceruleun House (fish for Poliwhirl, then trade). Or Lapras from the Save Saffron story quest.

~STEEL: Magneton! Bzzt! Or trade for a Beldum to use Metagross.

~DRAGON: Dragonite, Kingdra... All evolved Dragons are good. Just Altaria is not as used. The better ones need to be traded for...

~DARK: Tyranitar is the better in terms of in game. Larvitar on Six Island.

~ROCK: Tyranitar first. Aerodactyl second. Kabutops, as the DOME FOSSIL is better.

~GHOST: Gengar ftw! A trade for a Duskull could help.

~FIGHTING: Machamp with Rock Slide & Cross Chop, Rest & Sleep Talk. HitmonLEE.

~ELECTRIC: If you choose Squirtle, a Raikou will run around mainland KANTO. Follow and capture it. Otherwise Jolteon, Magneton, Raichu, Zapdos.

~GROUND: Dugtrio is better, with Arena Trap. A final form NIDO. King preferred. Donphan.

~POISON: Weezing or Muk. Seviper if you can.

~NORMAL: Blissey, Snorlax, Tauros, Miltank. Slaking is better with Emerald's punches. Furret?

~PSYCHIC: Alakazam, Espeon, Gardevoir, Starmie, Mr. Mime (the trade), Slowbro or Slowking.

~FLYING: Get, or hope for, a male Togepi to hatch from the Water Labyrinth Egg. Dodrio is better than Pidgeot. Fearow and Zapdos are great. Swellow if you can. Farfetch'd may be weak, but it can learn Swords Dance and False Swipe.
yeah but tauro is rare duh
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Zigzagoon22's Avatar
Zigzagoon22 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: HOLLAND
Posts: 429
Default Re: noob needs help

Go catch a Mankey or a Spearow.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-05-2008, 04:01 PM
atucker22's Avatar
atucker22 Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nice Try Stalker
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: noob needs help

What ever you do try to be balanced type wise because that can be the death of some great teams
__________________
Hatch: 1640 Complete
Scrafty: 1742 Complete
Level100: 1965
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: noob needs help

For a starter I would advice squirtle after that go catch a pikachu in varidian forest, but if you really want good pokes wiat till later in the game and catch chancey in the safiry zone and abra and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-22-2008, 03:02 AM
skipper585's Avatar
skipper585 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: im not really sure?
Posts: 145
Default Re: noob needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by go go pokemon View Post
im a noob to pokemon leafgreen and was wondering if anyone could tell me what pokemon i should catch in the begining to create a pokemon dream team
thanks ^_^
Choose a charamander in the beginning and on the way make sure to catch grass pokemon so you can beat misty and brock.
__________________
i like pumpkin pie. spicy not mild.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-22-2008, 12:10 PM
xskittycatx's Avatar
xskittycatx Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wouldn't YOU like to know?
Posts: 635
Default Re: noob needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper585 View Post
Choose a charamander in the beginning and on the way make sure to catch grass pokemon so you can beat misty and brock.
You cant get any grass till you get to misty
I'd suggest Nidoran(Male) for double kick.
__________________
PM me if you have a Kecleon you are willing to trade me.
I have all the starters and Phione.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Ranma's Avatar
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,196
Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma
Default Re: noob needs help

I just recently beat the E-4, and I used Blastoise, Primape, Arcanine, Electabuzz, and Aerodactyl.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Ardy29's Avatar
Ardy29 Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: My Palace
Posts: 68
Smile Re: noob needs help

First choose charmander as your starter.He might be very hard to raise and have trouble with first two gyms but he'll be very useful later .At Viridian forest , catch a pikachu but don't use it yet save it for second gym.To beat the first gym[rock] just train your charmander till it evolve to charmeleon and learn metal claw [lv 13].Use the metal claw to sweep the entire brock team.On the mt.moon catch a geodude and train him!Now,we've arrived at the second gym[water] use your pikachu!!! [She must at level 24 at least if you want an easy win].Third gym,[electric]use your geodude and smash all surge electric pokemon [at least lv 18].Before you go to the fourth gym[grass] catch a gastly in lavender tower, save it for later.Fourth gym , you have 2 option use your beast [charmeleon] or catch a doduo[dodou can beat the entire gym using fly, at least lv20].Make sure you saved the silph co and have both master ball and lapras,train your lapras,IN MY OPINION lapras is one of GREATEST pokemon.Fifth gym[pshycic] , time to use your gastly [better if he evolve to haunter more better if gengar.At least lv 38 or 35] Sixth gym, poison type are majority here use your gengar with pschyc move [Go get the TM at saffron city] or quake all those pokemon with your golem/graveler [first choice is better,cuz your earthquake/magnitude are useless against koga venomoth]Seven gym,time for lapras to surf giovanni ass .For beating elite four your team must around lv 50-60.

E4 Lorelei-Lapras [w/ thunder] / Charizard /Raichu [Lapras is better cuz he can absorb
water attack and turn it into hp]
E4 Bruno-Gengar [w/ pshycic, he can't land even a single hit to you!!] and Lapras
for his rock pokemon
E4 Agatha-Gengar [w/pshycic]
E4 Lance-Charizard [w/dragon claw] and Lapras [w/ice beam and thunder]

RIVAL-Use elemental advantage against him
-Pidgeot>Rock slide him golem!!!! Lapras THUNDER !!!!!
-Blastoise>Shock his ass Lapras!!!
-Arcanine>This one,surf his ass!!! Lapras rules!!!
-Gyarados>Again,Lapras shock him!!!
-Alakazam>Use gengar [w/shadowball,but your gengar speed must higher than he]
-Exeggutor>Blast him to moon charizard.

As you can see, lapras,charizard,gengar rules the entire league.And you can beat league with only them if they around level 65-70.So the dream team [mine,not yours] are

Charizard [Primary]
Gengar [Primary]
Lapras [Primary]
Dodrio [Optional]
Raichu [If you still keep that loser]
Golem [Optional]
__________________
=Under Construction=
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com