Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Affinity & Distortion Discussion Room

Okay, here is the discussion thread. Due to me having abstract dreams and being tired and swamped with homework, I'm going to edit this with info later.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Affinity & Distortion Discussion Room

The world we know today has always had two planes of exsistance, though, we humans may think of it as life and death. No, they are the Ascended and Fallen planes. The Ascended plane is a realm where attempted homage and peace was created, the Fallen is where our world is contained.

The Ascended plane holds the Maelstrom, a broken landmass with oceans connecting them together, held up in the sky. Three factions led by three higher races created and kept the Maelstrom in order; The Gryphons of the earth, The Dragons of the air and the Leviathans of the water. There was no other faction to disturb the triangulated elements, until man started to develop emotions.

From emotions such as hate, fear, corruption, chaos, fire built is basis upon, and came to the Maelstrom causing havoc and destruction. The Gryphons were grounded and forced to take refuge either in forests far to thick to burn or even underground. The Leviathans knew nothing of Fire, and stayed clear from it. Only the Dragon's did something of it, and swallowed the flames for eternity since no other creature could handle the chaotic element and live. Still, the element grew out of control at times, so they used it offensively. Years after, the dragons became pyrokinetic, as well as their previous element, aerokinetic.

The gryphons who came out from the black ash shared aerokinetics with the dragons to ease their power responsibility, and became geokineti themselves. The leviathans that hid for so long developed a highly powered aquakinetic ability. However, having only one element under their control angered them, especially the lord of them all, Oruk.

Oruk confronted the dragons, who tried to state their case with the grypons as allies. Since the leviathans stood by all those years, they didn't attain anything from the Fire's wrath. Oruk saw the coming and the welcoming of the fourth faction anarchy to the Maelstrom, and went to an all out war with the factions of Air and Earth.

This war lasted for four centuries, and ended in total obliviation. With the leviathans declare on war and the duration of the battle, the dragons lost the pain of fire they tried so hard to fight against. All the hate, chaos and corruption left Fire, and became their own elements as they poured into the minds of Oruk and his fellow leviathans. Unlike all the living creatures in the Maelstrom, Oruk lived for much longer than any creature, even with new generations of soliders coming from all factions, and grew to abnormal sizes and power. He knew that he would not win the war in the Maelstrom where his power was weakened, and so, broke the sea from the land and sky, and destroyed the Maelstrom itself.

On the night, known as the 'Decension' everything fell from the Maelstrom, and almost all died. For another century, the Higher Races of each faction was lost, until their under races found them again. The dragons, resided in the desert, waiting for any sign of any other faction's exsistance, while the gryphons remained in the arctic and antarctic regions. The leviathans dwelled in the sea, where Oruk was discovered by a military navy squadron, and instantly destroyed by him.

He left one human alive, giving him a choice of life or death, then, upon the human's choice for life, Oruk gave the human the powers of Corruption and Chaos, knowing Hate and Fear would soon follow him. Oruk had to rebuild his strength in order to repeat his actions once more.

As the human came back in contact with people, all hell broke loose. Humans began to act in hostility, and creatures such as Lychans, Harpies, Druids and Shapeshifters all became victim to Oruk's magic. Once word spread around, the dragons moved across the seas in attempts to halt the infection from their blood enemies. Once news of the dragon's movement came to the gryphons from a falcon, they too, moved acoss the seas and land quickly to meet up with their allies.

Another century and a half passed, and now the humans are involved with the war.

As the only creature to naturally have the ability to learn pyrokinetics, and the flames abilities and actions changed depending on the flames colour, some dragons allow their power to be shared with the humans, though some prefer the abilities of a gryphon, the earth faction agreed to grant humans the ability to use their magic, and unlock the human's own. Onle by making an Affinite-pledge with the creature, and all creatures were limmited to how many humans could share magic with them. Very few could learn aquakinesis in the form of healing, not as it's intended use Oruk used it for. Oruk is now large enough to stretch halfway across the Atlantic ocean, and still grows.

The year is now 2879, the war is at an armistance, and the factions are known differently now. Oruk and his followers and victims come as the Faction of Distortion. The hopeful side is the Faction of Affinity.

Now who are you? And where do you begin?

RULES:
-What I say goes, since I've been working on this story for a very long time.
-I can appoint other RPM's to help me, but I can also take them away too.
-Regular RP and Forum rules
-You can be any bloody thing you want, but no book, game or movie references when it comes to character creation. Example, you can't be a dragon from Eragon, or use magic from that book series. You can reference it in the RP, along with anything else, just not play anything from it. Vague similarities I'll let slip, but only little ones. The only thing I'm not allowing are aliens.
-Semi-literate, all posts al least a paragraph long.
-This is a mix of higher technology and magic, so using both is allowed. Using tech from other movies/books/games isn't allowed unless the tech idea is overused, for example, teleporters and giant mechas.
-Mild romance and you are allowed to swear, just don't over do it.
-Have fun and be respecful of others.
-After reading the story AND the rules, put 'Sabi is teh Dragon Master' at the top of your post. Putting it at the top of an asked reservation counts as well.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 01-24-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:00 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Advanced Kinesis abilities, Sub-kinetic magic and other Info
Affinite-Bond -> Pyrokinesis

Black Pyrim: Though sometimes mistaken for smog or smoke, black flames burn only on gases, and can still burn underwater without any problem. Material object stop it, and it cannot burn through them however. Often used to suffocate.

Indigo Pyrim: The indigo flame burns on any fluid, then after a moment of use, and hafte it's gathered some power or momentum, it quickly moves to more solid material to burn through. Often used for burning things from the inside out, but can only be used for a short time. Power is expended based on the size and effectiveness of the flame.

White Pyrim: Strictly for healing purposes was its original intention, but it's meant to literally burn away the elementts of Corrputiveness and Chaos. It has little effect on Hate and Fear however, and sometimes it ends up killing those infected with the elements if they are unable to heal.

Crimson Pyrim: This will burn through any material, and will not burn on air so its useful for escaping air tight prisons whre yo only have few minutes of air left.

Affinite Bond -> Geokinesis

Emerald Teram: The geokinesis for plants, and it can be used in a variety of ways from healing to torturing someone in a venus flytrap. Be warned it can backfire if the plants aren't in agreeance with you. They do have some concience of their own...

Amber Teram: This is for earth itself, rocks, deserts and so on. Used correctly, and you can use it similarily to Irohs Teram.

Irohs Teram: The only Affinite bond to mix an element and sub kinesis together. You get control over magnetism, and even gravity. Just be careful about using any gravity toggoling powers or you could end up fallinf up the stairs for a very long time.

Special forms-> Aquakinesis
Glacin Akain: This specializes with freezing, or the idea of taking heat away from substances. You can freeze something, then kick it into a million little ice cubes for a vampire.

Torential Akain: You want to pulverise the Eiffel Tower by using one of the worlds most needed resource? Go ahead, as this is specialized in pressured water, however can be only used in short bursts since there is a tremendous amount of control needed.

Aerokinesis

Tempest Aivent: You can change the weather basically. Cause storms, change air pressure to your liking or disliking. Use with caution as this magic retains a cause-and-effect consequence somewhere else in the world.

A list of random other magical abilities I happened to think of that I didn't make up that I'm throwing out for suggestions:
Invisibility
Alchemic Science practices
Levitation
Shapeshifting
Summoning
Animal Magnetism (Animal control, speech etc.)
Regeneration
Duplication
Higher Intelligence
Telekinesis
Psychokinesis
Clairvoyance
Photokinesis (I dunno, it was some quiz result I read, but I think it's like Clairvoyance but only pictures)
Audiokinetic (Same as above)

Terms for elemental things I did make up. *All rights reseved by Sabinc.*
Major Elements:

Pyrim-> Fire
Akain-> Water
Aivent-> Air/Wind
Teram-> Earth

Sub Elements (Ones not naturally controlled by the Original Factions)

Eclet-> Electricity
Glacin-> Ice (The idea of really cold)
Demagnum-> Magnetism or Gravity
Arcanm-> Darkness/Shadows/Lightless
Haols-> Light, or Darkless

Others that are important: (Distrortion Faction Magic ONLY!)

Noxus: Corrpution, also reffered to as 'Poisoning'
Phio: Fear
Tuourna: Chaos, or Anarchy it's also reffered to.

Random information about the main Creatures for my RP that you should all know by the time we start.

Dragon's blood is highly corrosive at extreme temperatures. At mild temperatures and used in proper medicines, it can cure almost anything.

Phoenixes do not come back to life in flames and ashes, they have 'fire baths' fo phoenix feathers can't bring you back to life. However, mixing the ashes of a gryphon feather burnt in the flames approved by a wise phoenix will have similar desired affects.

Lychans, AKA Werewolves and Vampires tend not to get along. Get the two species mixed up and you are screwed.

A dragon cane Affinite bond with one human of each gender for Pyrokinesis, and one for Aerokinesis. Same for a gryphon, only it's Geokinesis, not Pyro.

Dragon's either speak aloud, or telepathically, not both unless they barely speak in either way at all.

Leviathans can be 154.5 KM away from the ocean in a heat wave. They can naturally make water posess a human being from which they can use as a puppet. Killing the water spirit posessing the being will cripple the Leviathan who originally owned that water.

Oruk is as long as half the Atlantic ocean, and he could pick up the Statue of Liberty and use it as a toothpick. That's how big he is.

Willowisps are special spirits that reside in paper lanterns, and are often mischevious, though very hard to find and keep. Don't leave one alone in the kitchen as they hve a tendency to make the oven explode just by opening it.

You can post.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 01-24-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Objectives Post

Affinity: Defend Lake Huron

Distortion: Claim Lake Huron to complete Great Lakes conquest and have further reach inland.