Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Giratina Offline

Default Does your story have any TV Tropes?

WARNING: THIS POST (and probably the entire thread) WILL CONTAIN NUMEROUS SPOILERS... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

First off, for those poor souls who have never seen TVTropes, it's here.

And for those of us who have, surely you've seen at least a little bit of your story in the place? If you're like me and recognize some tropes as things you've done, but have never bothered to get them out anywhere... well, now you can!

Fic: Metal Coat

Crowning Moment of Awesome: This may just be the author's perspective, but Chapter 2 of Metal Coat was pretty dang awesome. (Oh yeah, as well as half of chapter 16 and all of chapter 17 for our dear friend Mesprit...)

Heel Face Turn: Cyrus - gradually. (It's made pretty obvious in Chapter Eleven - you know, with the whole Magnezone thing.)

The Stoic: This one, I think, should be pretty obvious.

Revenge: Now who would have thought our dear little pink fluffy thing was capable of having a bad thought in her mind?

Jossed: What? Cyrus leaps into the Distorted World in Platinum? DANGIT!

My God, What Have I Done?: Yami, the end of chapter 17: "Arceus... what have I done...?"

There is probably some more I forgot... if you find any, point 'em out. xD Anyway, go browse around TVTropes for a while, and come back with a varying amount of tropefindery.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 02-07-2009 at 07:15 PM.