Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-16-2004, 03:03 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default My NB RuSa Team

NB Forum is down, so I'm reposting my team in hope of more rates.

386 Team.

Manectric (F) @ Leftovers ** Ironic
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

>>If they meet up with a Ground, sub first. if they use sub too, we'll HP Ice them after. This guy is a little too slow though =(

Scizor (F) @ Lum Berry ** Demon Claw
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 92 HP / 192 Atk / 100 Def / 126 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Silver Wind
- Swords Dance

>>Agility first, then BP to King.

Nidoking (M) @ Leftovers ** King
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 62 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

>>Sub if I have the chance to. Megahorn for Grasses. Quake for STAB. RSlide for everything else. Chesto Rest might prove good over Sub?

Steelix (F) @ Quick Claw ** Crusher
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Atk / 166 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
- Rock Slide

>>Psuedohazer. RSlide and Quake to kill. Roar to blow'em away. Explosion when in trouble. It's a part Physical Tank too.

Grumpig (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 110 HP / 148 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Substitute

>>Special Wall. LScreen when up against a Special Attacker, if theres a physical sweeper, run! :P

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers ** Milky Way
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Def / 138 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

>>T-wave first, then SToss. The rest for healing and recovering from status ailments.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: My NB RuSa Team

Manetric: EVs are fine, could go with Modest (+SATK -ATK)
Hidden Power:Grass for Fagert and Fagsire.

Scizor:I don't like BP in Advance unless its from Ninjask, but this should do fine for what you want. +SPD-SATK, max Speed. You'll want it to be able to Agility before the Fires come in.

Nidoking: Sludge Bomb over something maybe

Rhydon>Steelix, for these reasons: Fire is common, more HP, and better attack, though defense is lower >.> Max HP and DEF rest in ATK and Impish

Curse,Roar/Rest, Rock Slide, Quake/Roar

Grumpig: OMG WTF LIEK WUT! Another fellow Grumpig user. Rest over Sub, LS stays, Toxic and Seismic Toss.

Miltank: More often than not, she will be your last Pogey. Body Slam and Shadowpal over T-Wave and Seismic Toss (you don't wanna sit there against Dusclops without Shadowpal). Max HP, put enought EVs so her attack is 200. Rest in defense.

Good luck and happy gaming
Old 04-17-2004, 06:01 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Manetric: EVs are fine, could go with Modest (+SATK -ATK)
Hidden Power:Grass for Fagert and Fagsire.
Kay. I prefer Jolly though, it's already slow enough for an Electric.
Quote:
Scizor:I don't like BP in Advance unless its from Ninjask, but this should do fine for what you want. +SPD-SATK, max Speed. You'll want it to be able to Agility before the Fires come in.
Ninjask sucks. I hate it. Scizor was my favorite BPer in GSC, I'm going to bring it over to RS and show people the power of it.
[/quote]
Nidoking: Sludge Bomb over something maybe[/quote]
Megahorn for grasses, Quake for STAB, Rock Slide for everything else. If I put SBomb over RSlide, it'd die against Skarms. If I put it over Megahorn, well, I think I'll need Megahorn. Maybe suggest it over something? I can't decide it.
Quote:
Rhydon>Steelix, for these reasons: Fire is common, more HP, and better attack, though defense is lower >.> Max HP and DEF rest in ATK and Impish
Curse,Roar/Rest, Rock Slide, Quake/Roar
Nah, not Rhydon, I don't really like it. Steelix is my choice(A nice defene). Besides, Rhydon has a lower Defense and I need a strong Physical Tank. Your set...Hmm, maybe it'll work. Item?
Quote:
Grumpig: OMG WTF LIEK WUT! Another fellow Grumpig user. Rest over Sub, LS stays, Toxic and Seismic Toss.
Calm Mind seems useable IMO, Alakazams beg for mercy when going against it ^_^ I guess yours could work, but I'm seriously not very fond of Toxic.
Quote:
Miltank: More often than not, she will be your last Pogey. Body Slam and Shadowpal over T-Wave and Seismic Toss (you don't wanna sit there against Dusclops without Shadowpal). Max HP, put enought EVs so her attack is 200. Rest in defense.
Um...Okay.
Quote:
Good luck and happy gaming
Old 04-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Defense means nothing if you don't have enough HP, which is why I prefer Rhydon, who can learn Curse, which ups his defense.

Eh, unless you are meaning to destroy Psychics with Nidoking (which is doubtful...) Sludge Bomb=135 power after STAB and MH is only 120.

Good luck with Scizor. I find him to be a better attacker than BPer. :-\

LS should give you enough Special Defense against any Zams. Poison it, then S-Toss away, and rest when you need to. His S.Atk isn't good enough to do anything extaordinary, even after some CM, so stick with the S.Wall/HP waster.

Manetric, you mean you prefer Timid...Modest is -SpAtk +Speed. His speed with Modest should be fine, as the only ground faster than him would be Dugtrio, who would still be faster even if Manetric was Timid, so meh.

And about 8 times I have made a comeback with only that Miltank as my last Pogeyman, because of her insane staying power. 5 of those times I was down 4-1, and the other 3 were 3-1. Not too shabby for a stupid cow XD
Old 04-17-2004, 03:58 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
Defense means nothing if you don't have enough HP, which is why I prefer Rhydon, who can learn Curse, which ups his defense.
I'll try it maybe some time later.
Quote:
Eh, unless you are meaning to destroy Psychics with Nidoking (which is doubtful...) Sludge Bomb=135 power after STAB and MH is only 120.
He can kill Psychics after Scizor's BP, but I would use Quake anyway. I guess I could try Bomb.
Quote:
Good luck with Scizor. I find him to be a better attacker than BPer. :-\
Thanks.
Quote:
LS should give you enough Special Defense against any Zams. Poison it, then S-Toss away, and rest when you need to. His S.Atk isn't good enough to do anything extaordinary, even after some CM, so stick with the S.Wall/HP waster.
Okay, I guess.
Quote:
Manetric, you mean you prefer Timid...Modest is -SpAtk +Speed. His speed with Modest should be fine, as the only ground faster than him would be Dugtrio, who would still be faster even if Manetric was Timid, so meh.
Oh yeah, I mean timid. Modest is +SpAtk -Atk anyway.
Quote:
And about 8 times I have made a comeback with only that Miltank as my last Pogeyman, because of her insane staying power. 5 of those times I was down 4-1, and the other 3 were 3-1. Not too shabby for a stupid cow XD
Uh, yeah.