Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:54 AM
tomon Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Arceus

well, arceus seems to be one powerful pokemon.

Name: Pop

to get your own egg, just click one of the above!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 AM
xcolbs Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
I think arceus is ovvrated even through he has an awsome move set and ability and base 120 in every stat he still isn't like the likes of metwo and deyxs kygore and alakazam that have that extra huge base status like deyxs A has base 180 attack and special attack, I would have just liked to have seen arceus been the so called God of pokemon have a godly status like mewtwos special attack or shuckles defence.
I see what you're saying, but if you look at it from a technical standpoint, Arceus is the perfect, balanced Pokemon, and therefore that gives it its godly classification. If it had one stat that was different from the other, then it obviously wouldn't be balanced.

Mew also possesses perfectly balanced stats, which helps lean toward the notion that Mew is a god Pokemon as well.

venusaurfancier
VPP ~ URPG ~ DEVIANTART

Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Misa Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Ultimatum View Post
Well what do you have to say about arceus.
I would say that it's one of the most versatile pokemon in the world. Even smogon banned it on their net servers. I believe this to be so because it's so hard to counter, depending on what type of Arceus it is and what moves it has.

Sig made by me <3
DS Friend code: 0388 0422 8434
Wii friend code:

I'm up for any battles, but I also do uber battles as well, whether it be singles or doubles.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
BathedinBlue Offline
Experienced Trainer

I am psyched that Arceus is going to be in the 12th movie. We will finally see what it "looks" like - not a sprite or some fan-drawing. The real deal.

Water Pokemon Forever
Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Arceus is to me, another "God" that Pokemon has created to keep Pokemon interesting. They had better stop before this negative momentum builds up and they can't do anything to stop it. Ah well. They won't do anything. :X

Anyway... Mew was thought to be the most... ancestral Pokemon before Arceus. Someday, another Pokemon even more godly will... come into existence. This universe ain't the limit. There're many, many more of them, and other... beings that are ≥Arceus. :O

About movesets. Arceus doesn't bother to learn them because they're too weak, so according to the games, it can't learn some of those moves, when it actually can. Mew in creating Pokemon lost some of its power in the process, so it can't learn all moves. Either that or it's the games' stupidity. There's always some in every game. (Except Chuck Norris, but that's something else altogether...)

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 03-08-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Apollo the Incinermyn Offline
Amateur Trainer

To be honest, Arceus comes across as a little cheap to me, or maybe just too earlier for its time. I mean, there are a lot better concepts to use instead of some supreme creator and it kind of sounds omnious for the series to introduce something like it at this point.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Arceus is too cool to be true.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

Arceus looks like a robot goat to me.

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Ajarr Offline
Banned

It has a cool design, can change into any type (with the right plate of course.), it's just awesome.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Wolfnoid Offline
Master Trainer

Ive heard alot of theories and im not sure if mine is similar to anyone's but here it goes:
Arceus was born from a great explosion(the big bang in real life). And from Arceus (the original one) came dialga and palkia, then uxie, mesprit, and azelf...etc. But there had to be someone or something to create the explosion. It couldnt have come from somewhere in space because palkia was created after. Which might confuse some people, but what im saying is that there's another pokemon involved in the creation of all other pokemon. But that's just from my point of view.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo the Incinermyn View Post
To be honest, Arceus comes across as a little cheap to me, or maybe just too earlier for its time. I mean, there are a lot better concepts to use instead of some supreme creator and it kind of sounds omnious for the series to introduce something like it at this point.
But we're talking about those who created Pokemon. You never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory vs Meaty II View Post

Arceus is too cool to be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs View Post
Arceus looks like a robot goat to me.
._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajarr View Post
It has a cool design, can change into any type (with the right plate of course.), it's just awesome.
Yes, but for some, it's too awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnoid View Post
Ive heard alot of theories and im not sure if mine is similar to anyone's but here it goes:
Arceus was born from a great explosion(the big bang in real life). And from Arceus (the original one) came dialga and palkia, then uxie, mesprit, and azelf...etc. But there had to be someone or something to create the explosion. It couldnt have come from somewhere in space because palkia was created after. Which might confuse some people, but what im saying is that there's another pokemon involved in the creation of all other pokemon. But that's just from my point of view.
If you want to know, go here. :P