Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:39 AM
theajshow's Avatar
theajshow Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 235
Question Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

What are some of the best hold items? Leftovers seems to be the go-to item, but you can't give it out to every pokémon you have. There's tons of items out there, but some (besides Leftovers) have to stand out, right? So, what are they?

To help things along, I do have one specific question. What is the best item, besides Leftovers, to give to Wobbuffet?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:55 AM
Bumblebee16's Avatar
Bumblebee16 Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Patroling Cybertron™
Posts: 5,995
Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

I think Toxic Orb + Facade = Awesome.

Another good item IMO is Focas Sash, Lum/Starf berry, and Shell Bell are good.

__________________
|VPP Stats©°|-|URPG Stats®°|-
If you can do a story deal, I can make it worth your time
|"A driver doesn't pick the car, the car picks the driver. It's a mystical bond between man and machine."™°|

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee16 View Post
I think Toxic Orb + Facade = Awesome.

Another good item IMO is Focas Sash, Lum/Starf berry, and Shell Bell are good.

Ewww@Shell Bell, it's way to unreliable.

But yeah, the most widely used items are:

Choice items
Life Orb
Expert Belt
Leftovers
Focus Sash
Heat/Damp Rock (On UU weather teams)
Toxic/Flame Orb (When used in conjunction with trick or guts)
Wide Lense
Shed Shell
Weakness reducing berries (When used in conjunction with quad weaks)
Pinch boosting berries

I think that's everything, I'll edit if think of any more. As a general rule you shouldn't be using anything that isn't in that list

Last edited by Viva la Gofre; 05-09-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
Ewww@Shell Bell, it's way to unreliable.

But yeah, the most widely used items are:

Choice items
Life Orb
Expert Belt
Leftovers
Focus Sash
Heat/Damp Rock (On UU weather teams)
Toxic/Flame Orb (When used in conjunction with trick or guts)
Wide Lense
Shed Shell
Weakness reducing berries (When used in conjunction with quad weaks)
Pinch boosting berries

I think that's everything, I'll edit if think of any more. As a general rule you should be using anything that isn't in that list
You typo'd. Should be "shouldn't use anything not on that list".

And yes, that's basically all the items that are liable to see any sort of competitive play.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theajshow View Post
What is the best item, besides Leftovers, to give to Wobbuffet?
There isn't one really wobby cannot make use of anything else due to strange movepool. The only real other option is focus sash, should you left your opponent get six dragon dances in or something. That should guarantee you a KO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
You typo'd. Should be "shouldn't use anything not on that list.
Thanks *Edited* =]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
There isn't one really wobby cannot make use of anything else due to strange movepool. The only real other option is focus sash, should you left your opponent get six dragon dances in or something. That should guarantee you a KO.



Thanks *Edited* =]
Wobby also suffers from status problems, so Lum Berry is a possible alternative, but it's not really viable over Lefties in the first place.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Wobby also suffers from status problems, so Lum Berry is a possible alternative, but it's not really viable over Lefties in the first place.
Most wobby are running safeguard in ubers nowadays with the arrival of darkrai, the player just has o be clever enough to switch in on something agressive or choiced and set up at an appropriate time, so lum berry isn't really needed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Sebastien Loeb's Avatar
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

Me it didn't consider DPPt the good metagame in absolute (hook the stall and I like GSC) the good item of the game is Life Orb however...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Best Hold Items (...besides Leftovers)

There's not much outside of Gofre's list. ChestoBerry has some uses (specifically CM ChetoRest Drifblim).

Also there is the type boosting items, which work in a few odd occasions, and Wise Glasses and Muscle Band, those are mainly so that you can fake a Choice Item.

Oooh! Just realised, Light Clay! How did you miss that one Gofre? Dual Screeners rely on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Loeb View Post
Me it didn't consider DPPt the good metagame in absolute (hook the stall and I like GSC) the good item of the game is Life Orb however...
I would say that the two other Choice Items would be, Life Orb next, but especially Choice Scarf has had a big impact on the game.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com