Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Through the Eyes of a Flareon ~ [PG just in case] - Chapter eight time!

Alrighty: here's the new chapter. :3 It was going to be a lot shorter than what I ended up with, but oh well. xD Sorry about the delay!! >.<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter eight: Fighting for Freedom

All of the pokémon had now laid their eyes on me, staring intently. I was finally beginning to think that I was gaining respect, and I suddenly felt more important. “You all want to escape, and because of that, I know you’ll help me complete the task willingly. But for this to work, I need your full cooperation and you all need to listen to my instructions!” I glanced around, seeing some pokémon here and there looking doubtful. Some were intrigued by my words, and probably thought that my plan was a small flame still illuminating their shallow pools of hope.

I felt sorry for most of them, actually. Pokémon who were presumably respected and honourable, standing by the sides of their trainers were now attempting to gain shelter in their shells of negative thoughts and impossible ambitions.

But not me. I wouldn’t stand to be pushed around by the apparent superiors who call themselves Team Rocket. Did they seriously expect to catch Dusty the flareon without a struggle? I may have been weak back there in the water with Izante and we were ambushed by the oversized fossil, but on land I can kick serious behind. Especially that of some amateur humans. And with the whole room overflowing with pokémon, we stood a perfect chance against them all.

I was yet to discover how many Rockets patrolled the top of the ship—or however many were on the entire sea vessel, but I was sure we could conquer and defeat them all. Deaths in the process were the cost of freedom, and I was more than willing to accept that. It was a horrible fate, but we would die with dignity still in our hearts. Because it was the last chance we had. And to survive, you must be willing to sacrifice.

I wasn’t the only one to assume that there were other crates just like this one onboard, and if that was correct – and I knew it was – then there would be all the more pokémon to help us battle our way out of here. However, that also meant more pokémon to free. And I would have to issue a battle plan. If everyone followed my suggestions and commandments, we might just be able to pull it off. But...you can’t put a poliwag straight into hot water—you have to gradually heat it up.

“Ghost pokémon! What kind of ghost pokémon do we have in here?” I called out, my voice echoing throughout the crate which was now silent. I had climbed up onto Luck’s shoulders to see from a higher perspective. We’d piled some cages on top of one another so I had a wide view, and I assumed that most could see me. “Just raise your paw...or tentacle, or fin, or claw, or flipper, or hoof, or hand, or tail, or foot, or crest, or—” I stopped as a lone purple hand rose. It was floating—not connected to an arm. It belonged to someone near the back of the middle of the group, and the pokémon rose from the crowd.

He stared at me with large eyes planted either side of his jagged mouth, one of his two hands coming down by his side, curled over and with three pointed fingers. “Well?” I started. “Come on up here.” The deep purple haunter floated through the crowd, the harmless spikes protruding from the sides of his body brushing against the occasional pokémon, before levitating to my side and facing the audience. “Anyone else? Come on, there can’t just be one ghost type in this whole bunch.”

“I-I’m ghost type,” a voice admitted. It sounded low and dopey—the kind of voice you would expect to hear from someone who had a master he always followed around. A five-fingered grey hand popped up from about the second row. A browny-grey body with horizontal black lines across his body stood on two stubby legs without paws or feet. There was a singular eye placed near the top of the egg-like-shaped pokémon, and on top of his head was a thin cloud of browny-cream fluff that flew behind it.

“Come on up,” I prompted, and the dusclops followed my directions. “Okay, now: which of you can go through walls?”

“W-walls?” the dusclops questioned, stuttering a little.

“Yes, walls. You know—those tall plastery things that keep houses and other structures together?”

“...I can,” the haunter said, his eyes almost looking through my own.

“Good,” I began, leaning over Luck’s large paws and dropping on my own front two. “I have a plan. If you can get through that wall there,” – I signalled to the broad wooden wall that had two large doors which were bolted down – “and you hide in the shadows until the humans aren’t looking, you can attack the lock on the doors. If I’m correct, the doors could then swing open and we’d all be free!”

Hearing my plan and probably figuring it to be one that might work, the crowd of pokémon began cheering and beaming. As happy as I was to see them like this, I had to shut them up again.

“Guys, GUYS!” There were a few voices muttering bitterly to each other, eying me, but I heaved another sigh and ignored them. “Thinking ahead here!” I turned back to the floor, my mind sorting through possibilities. “Hm... All bird pokémon, please make your way to the right of the room.” Presumably waiting for someone else to make the first move, nobody fluttered an inch. “...Hello? Come on!” Muttering once again and hesitating to do so, the huge group of pokémon all shuffled to the side in order for the flying types to bunch in one area. “My right. Not yours!” I restated, and they all stopped. Beginning to change their course, I called out again. “Wait! Don’t worry about it now.” I closed my eyes and brought my face down to the paw I raised. Master used to call this ‘face-palming’. Once the pokémon had come to the appropriate place, I sighed again—this time with relief. “Alright, now, you lot: as soon as we get out there, fly to the shore to find things like rocks to bring back and attack the humans with.” I hoped that this was a good idea, but since the humans possibly had guns, they could hurt the pokémon. “Hm...but, in any way possible, tempt the humans to bring out any flying types of their own. If their pokémon are in the air with you, then they probably won’t want to take their guns and shoot you in case their pokémon are struck.”

With a huff, one honchkrow opened her short yellow beak. “That’s suicide! What happens if they do shoot at us, hmm?” She had her fluffy white chest puffed up, and the hat-like feature on the top of her head made her look more ‘proper’.

“Yeah!” another pokémon shouted, and, soon enough, they were all crowing again.

“I don’t think this will work...” muttered another sadly. “It sounds scary!”

Near the back of the group of bird pokémon, an altaria – who had large, cloud-like wings and blue feathers – turned to a pelipper which sat with his gaping yellow beak. “Ha! I’m just going to fly away and not come back. What’s the point in returning?!”

The pelipper laughed, exclaiming, “I was thinking the same thing! That flareon’s plan is ridiculous, anyway. It’ll never work. Don’t know what in the world she’s thinking.”

“What about all those pokémon who would just fly away and not return?” a voice in the non-flying type bunch queried. I simply scoffed and a sour expression formed upon my face.

“Any kind of sick-minded selfish flying rat that chooses to do such a thing won’t be going to the nicer of the two Afterworlds. They’d be leaving us all! They’ll live to carry in their hearts a great deal of guilt.” I glared at the bird pokémon with a threatening frown. If that didn’t shut them up, then I don’t know what did. After a few seconds of silence, I changed the topic. “All vine whip users—throw the humans off board, along with any pokémon that try to oppose us! Pokémon with confuse ray—confuse them until they can be confused no more! Pokémon with quick attack, speed charge or agility—use your speed to your advantage! By the way,” I turned to the haunter beside me, “you’ll have to repeat all this to the pokémon in the other crates before you break their locks.”

“B-but...how can I remember all that you’ve just said?”

“...Hm... Can you go through walls with other pokémon?” I asked.

“O-only one,” he replied.

“Good enough!” My eyes jumped flying pokémon’s heads until I came across a black one that resembled a music note. “You, chatot!”

“Yeah?” came a reply.

“Come up here, will ya?”

Hopping along the wooden, muck covered floor, the Music Note pokémon cocked its head to the side once stopping in front of me. “What?”

“Chatter.”

“Excuse me?”

“You’re excused. Chatter,” I repeated.

“Ch-chatter?”

“Chatter! Use your move, chatter. This haunter will take you through the wall and into all of the other crates so you can repeat what I’ve said. That way, everyone in the other crates’ll know what to do if they haven’t already figured it out, and he won’t have to remember anything I’ve said.”

“What?! I’m not doing that! It’s putting me in danger!”

A wicked “HA!” escaped my mouth, making the chatot withdraw slightly, and by the look on his face that held a pink beak, he began to use the move out of fear. “You think that nobody else is going to be in danger?!” I turned around, looking Luck in the eyes and he held out his paws. I pounced onto them and followed my route to his right shoulder. “Listen!” I commanded. “This is not a game! Neither is it a guarantee that everyone is going to escape unharmed...or even alive.” I turned to the flying pokémon. “If you lot think you’re in more danger than the rest of us, you’re wrong! Every one of us is going to be fighting for our lives. If a bullet from the humans’ guns is fired at any of us land pokémon, we’ll be more likely to be hit than any of you! Team Rocket humans will have more land than sky pokémon. That means we will be the ones being injured the most!” I stood proudly and high as I made my speech, and I watched as some of the bird pokémon turned away with shame. “I want you to all understand that we have to work as a team and co-operate if we want this to work out. The humans are going to put up a fight...and we must counter it with all we've got.”

Just then, a moan drew everyone’s attention and gave half the pokémon near it a start. Realising it was the Team Rocket man, I continued to watch what they did next.

“AAHHH!” exclaimed a spinda nearby, using a dizzy punch with her right, red paw to hit his face. A beedrill, who had zipped over from the flying type group, hastily thrust one of her pointed needles through the man’s chest, instantly killing him with a sickening squish. The man had no time to react, and couldn’t possibly have seen what was coming.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened as I held a breath in my throat. I didn’t know what to do about it whilst standing there, but the scene ended with me having a single thought. ‘Many Team Rocket members and pokémon are bound to be killed... That man could have been one possible murderer of someone in this room if he had lived...’

“So you know what you’ve gotta do?” I asked, attempting to comfort the unsure pokémon to my left. He nodded slowly, hands on either side of two blue, folded-up-and-by-the-side-of-a-body wings. “Go!” I commanded, and the nervous haunter seemed to melt into the wooden wall without a trace. I was left staring at the spot that it vanished into, reassuring myself that the pokémon had done what I had said. And by keeping solely to the shadows, he would surely be able to stay hidden.

I turned back around to the large cluster of fellow pokémon. They all seemed fidgety and biting their lips in anticipation. I didn’t blame them, though. I bothered Luck to give me a boost once more and addressed the pokémon in the crate. “Once he gets back...we’re movin’ out!” I yelled enthusiastically, attempting to crank up the morale.

“YEAH!” everyone cheered; I saw some smaller pokémon be tossed into the air—probably by pokémon who didn’t have anything else to throw. My eyes widened, but I said nothing as I stepped back down.

Outside, human men patrolled the area, poké balls here and there on belts. Most of them had black bulging bum-bags hanging at their waists as well. Their uniforms were dirty put neat and repelling yet enticing.

Once a Rocket member with a straight face marched by, the nervous haunter bearing a flying friend slipped into the man’s shadow so as not to be noticed. The ghost type was glad to be a haunter. Haunter and gengar could melt into shadows and basically become part of them. The chatot was also brought into the human’s shadow, being masked by the haunter. However, unknown to the ghost type, he was covering not all of the bird pokémon.
Passing by another member of Team Rocket, the haunter hovering to keep up with the shadow removed a hand from one of the chatot’s wings, reaching up to scratch its face. With the other hand, he held the uncomfortable pokémon against his body. Unknowingly the chatot—who was told not to move—came into view a little.

The minion stared with a frown at the man’s shadow, confused to be looking straight at a pink beak that seemed to be floating. He blinked repeatedly, and when the man rounded a corner, the perplexed grunt followed. Once he peeked his head around the side of the crate, however, he saw nothing following his fellow Rocket member. Figuring it was due to lack of sleep, the man shrugged and returned to his post.

‘Phew! That was close...’ thought the haunter, the chatot agreeing without hesitation.

“This one!” the chatot whispered, straining to be heard over the bickering of humans and waves of the sea while simultaneously trying to stay quiet.

Making his way to the closest crate, the haunter timed his exit perfectly, slipping into the wall with the chatot cringing, not understanding how it was possible to do so.

For the fifth time so far, pokémon in their cages began to yell and pout, trying to interrogate the random free haunter and chatot. The two positioned themselves near the front of the crate where a thin strip of space fit them nicely, and the haunter cringed as his rather loud comrade began to speak over the loud uproar.

“Shut up, shut up! Listen to me at once!” the chatot exclaimed. The pokémon seemed to continue shouting, but after the flying type screamed out something about him and his partner being able to free them all, the bunch quietened down to a soft mumbling. “You have been here for a long time, trying to break free. None of you have succeeded! That is because the cages are pokémon-proof on the inside and can only be broken from the outside. The crate that this haunter and I come from is filled with as many pokémon as there are in here, but a flareon has spoken up and issued a plan to free us!” The pokémon cheered and the chatot could see that a lot of them jiggled with excitement while others sighed with relief. “I will now repeat a speech made by the flareon with my special move, chatter. It’s quite long and some of you near the back may have to listen hard!”

“All young pokémon are to be evacuated by flying and water types! This should ensure that they all get to safety. All fish pokémon are to be set into the water before it’s too late for them! Break this formation and you forfeit the plans for safety and freedom. Good luck, and may the Legendaries watch over you!” The end of a pre-recorded speech spoken by the fire type left pokémon of the other crates with hope. The flame in their eyes was relit, enlightening their thoughts and paths. Belief and courage arose within them, causing their breathing to become deeper and their claws sharper. Their hearts seemed to lift again, the unmistakable beating of each loud and clear.

The blue-winged pokémon who was now strongly for the escape plan slashed at cage locks with wing attack and peck, followed by sucker punches and hidden powers from the haunter. Cage after cage and crate after crate, pokémon were released. They were all excited beyond what they had been in days or possibly weeks, and filled with the appropriate attitude.

Finally the seventh crate came, and the haunter was relieved to finally be attending to the last few. He and the chatot had been at this for at least three or so hours; it was a painful process.

At one stage they were forced to wait for over twenty minutes for the path from one crate’s shadow to the next to be safe from the humans patrolling the area. He and the chatot knew that it was vital that they stay hidden. In another crate, a pokémon had died from malnutrition amongst other things, and the other pokémon were not only complaining about it, but insisting that that haunter throw the body overboard, for they demanded that it be ridden of, and he could not leave it in the open where it could be seen. Therefore he’d been forced to take care of that, no matter how much he resisted, which had slowed he and his partner.

Held in a cage at the front of the bottom row, a tan coloured figure sat with her head on her brown paws. She had large green ears atop her head and a green leaf-like, jagged tail that was wrapped around her body. The haunter had noticed that at the mention of a brave flareon, the leafeon had raised her head almost in surprise. He pretended not to pay her any attention, but secretly kept a pupil on her. Figuring she must’ve known the flareon, he approached her after the speech had subsided.

“Do you...know that flareon?” he wondered, a little shy about talking to her.

The leafeon stared at him for a moment. “Uhh...yes. I...I think so.” She swallowed and looked down, then back up. “Is she okay?”

“Yes, yes, fine. She...c-came up with the plan,” he replied calmly. Pokémon around him momentarily snatched his focus as they screeched for liberation and wriggled impatiently, including two other pokémon in the same cage as the leafeon. The ghost type frowned before she spoke again.

“I gathered that,” she mentioned. The haunter had a feeling she was trying not to sound rude so as not to start conflict of any kind rather than in an effort to be polite to him.

“O-oh,” the haunter mumbled. Deciding the conversation ended there, he then readied a hidden power attack, closing his eyes and pressing his hands together. He looked as if he was building up pressure of some kind, only to release it when he brought his hands apart again. White spherical orbs of light were thrust out from his body and sent soaring horizontally until they came in contact with metal locks that were rusted and clamped shut. Four at once were destroyed, and the remains of the metal blocks clinked against the ground as they dropped.

Cage doors swung open, a number of pokémon swarming out of each one. This surprised the haunter, as this was the first crate which held more than one pokémon in a single cage. He figured since it was the last one, space must have been tight and therefore the humans were forced to cram as many into these cages as possible.

Continued in next post...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-15-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Through the Eyes of a Flareon ~ [PG just in case] - Chapter eight time!

One of the pokémon in the cages that was liberated was the grass type. She stood up cautiously and then slipped out of the cage, the two other pokémon having exited before her, and she seemed happy to be out. Instead of thanking the haunter, the pokémon ran straight to a large buff coloured pokémon. The feline pokémon strode out of his cage, acting like he was of high importance and shook off, closing his eyes as he did so. As the haunter analysed him briefly, he noted that he was the evolved form of a meowth—a persian. The rounded red gem on his forehead glistened as his small ears, similar to a meowth’s, straightened upon spotting his new company. His whiskers were smaller than his pre-evolved form, but his sleek talk with a curled end was nearly the same.

“Talyn!” exclaimed the leafeon as she dashed over by his side. She began to rub against the side of the persian’s neck, and the pokémon himself looked down at her, closing his own eyes and rubbing against her head.

“Izante,” he replied in a straight-forward kind of voice. Once they stopped nuzzling, he continued to look at her, not spying the haunter from the corner of his eye.

More and more pokémon spewed from their cages as time passed, and they anxiously rushed to other ones to help break more locks. The haunter saw many different pokémon—small ones, tall ones, brown ones, blue ones... He could’ve seen about fifty by now. But one thing that caught his attention was not the fact that there were so many pokémon, nor was it that the chatot he had escorted endlessly severed locks on cages and the cages themselves, but it was a small discussion going on in the far left corner piled with cages that were unoccupied.

Curious, the ghost type neared the two pokémon he had seen before with lowered voices. He melted into the shadows of the many cages, concealing himself slyly.

“That flareon...is that not the same flareon you have known for years?”

“I think that’s her,” Izante responded. She didn’t seem excited as such, and she said it in an emotionless tone.

“Are you going to be escaping with her?” he questioned.

“I...I have to. ...I do have obligations...and she’s...my friend,” the leafeon stated, raising her voice a little.

“Shh! We don’t want to be heard!” the persian hushed, checking his surroundings to ensure he wasn’t being watched. Upon seeing this, the haunter crept a little closer, still invisible in the casting shadows. “Friend? Don’t tell me...” The persian shook his head disapprovingly. However, he took another path. “She’s going to get in our way!” The grass type, absorbing the reality, sighed heavily, looking completely unsure of what to do. A sort of helpless expression found its way to her features, winding itself between her facial fur.

“Haunter!”

The sudden voice shook the likes of the purple ghost pokémon as he eavesdropped, almost knocking him out into the open where he would be spotted by the secretively chatting duo.

“Haunter, where in the world are you?! Report here at once! We must move on!” the chatot squawked, flapping his wings with intolerance.

Sighing much like the leafeon he had just examined, the haunter made an effort not to come into the view of anyone until he popped up behind his partner. “I’m here...” he stated, barely above a whisper, levitating behind the flying type. The chatot jumped, fluttering his blue wings once more before recomposing himself and straightening his feathers.

Don’t do that again!” he huffed, shaking his head briefly. “Let us be off at once,” he demanded, basically handing himself over to the haunter.

“Alright...” the pokémon agreed, wrapping his detached hands around the pokémon’s wings. Effortlessly the haunter turned and dissolved into the wall, noting from the corner of his eye that those two suspicious pokémon were once again snuggling. It made him shudder, wondering why they were doing such a disturbing thing, and began to set his mind back on the task ahead: to free the last of the pokémon!

With the haunter and the chatot having returned some time later, I was grinning with satisfaction. All the crates had pokémon craving freedom running around in them—almost how it was supposed to be. ‘And to think that I was once lying in my cage without any sort of plan...’ The thought made me realise something: I had come up with this plan, and so far it was working. With the help and support of fellow pokémon, I had successfully managed to rid every pokémon on the ship of their wicked imprisonment stages and to bring them all justice. Now there was just one thing left to do before the attack—break the massive locks on the crates.

Spirits were high, and I knew that the right time to make our move was nearing. Although most of the pokémon – including me – were half-starving as a result of a lack in nourishment, I hoped we would hold up. As pokémon, I assumed us all to be tough. After all, a lot of us would naturally live in extreme weather. Ice types would live in the icelands raging with constant blizzards; most fire pokémon could withstand extreme heat temperatures – even fire itself – and rock types dealt with solid and difficult ground, treacherous mountains and the waterless underground.

“We all good?” I asked, raising my voice to be heard. The pokémon who were sorted out into groups shouted in response, cheering and roaring with excitement and agreement. They, like me, waited in anticipation for the right moment to strike. I had sent out the haunter again – this time by himself – to go around to all of the other nine crates spread throughout the massive ship to ensure that they were all ready and to then break their locks once ours was broken. Whilst he was gone, I had really gotten the crowd pumped.

“Nice work,” a voice praised, not as loud as the noise surrounding me. I knew who it was and smiled without rotating my head in his direction. A sly grin crept across my face.

“Thank you, Raiys. I thought so myself,” I chuckled, not boasting, but saying it humourously. He also chuckled, padding to stop beside me.

“I’m eager to get out of here. You really have done the pokémon of this crate a big favour,” he added, nodding.

“Aw, well, I couldn’t have done it without your motivation and Pokol’s blast seeds.”

“Heh,” he chuckled again, acknowledging the fact that what I had said was true.

Smiling at him friendlily, I happened to notice that there was someone behind him. It was a canine pokémon like myself, but slightly larger and had blue fur. My facial expression changed instantaneously, and a frown fell onto my face out of nowhere. ‘Oh—HER,’ I thought with bitterness. It was Azure—the glaceon with something against me.

“Raiys, let’s group with the other pokémon,” she butted in, facing him and speaking as if I wasn’t there.

The quilava blinked a few times, just registering that she was there and speaking to him. “We will not be in the same elemental group,” he told her, but to the statement, Azure continued to insist, however, clearly thinking something of snatching him from me. My face grew even more contempt, and I tried to talk over her pointless ranting.

“Raiys, stay here. We’re not ready to go yet!” I snarled at her, leaking smoke from my nostrils.

“No—” she started, throwing a harsh contemptuous sneer at me. “Follow me. I am your partner.”

“HEY!” I exclaimed, getting her attention. “He chooses! He was here with me first!” I formed a defensive battle stance, and, to my surprise – but at the same time, expectations – she, without warning, shot an ice beam at my face. It struck me head on, and I was forced to keep my eyes bound and endure the attack whilst standing my ground.

“Azure, stop it!” commanded Raiys, making a move to leap out in front of the attack. However, before he could do so, the glaceon broke off the attack.

Pieces of frost flew as I shook off once the beam faded, but it had taken a bigger toll on me than I had expected. Not because of the strength of an ice type attack like that, but because I was already weak. I flared up, fire enveloping my body until I released the pressure, and I blinked. It felt warm again, as did my toes and tips on my ears. After that was over I threw daggers at her in a piecing glare. “YOU—”

I heard the patter of pawsteps before a body appeared before my own. “You okay?” the quilava asked. I nodded, glaring past him at the stubborn and unfriendly glaceon who had seemed to look down on me with the sense that I was inferior to her.

“Dusty! There you are!” called out someone from behind. My gaze was torn from Azure to a black, blue-ringed figure approaching. He seemed somewhat relieved to have found me, and I noticed that in his wake was the same species of pokémon that had stepped on my paw a while ago.

“Hey...” I grumbled, finding that his face seemed overpowered with worry. “What’s wrong?”

“You have to come quickly! There’s a crazed sandslash holding a ralts hostage!” he explained, a serious expression upon his face.

“WHAT?!” I yelped, confusion smacking my in the face much like the ice beam had.

“You have to hurry; he’s injured her badly!”

“Oh, for—” I left my sentence there, taking off with Hakumei delaying before tailing me.

As we were running, the umbreon called out to me, “He said he wanted our leader to come forward, so, since you came up with the plan, I assumed he meant you!”

To that statement I managed to smirk quietly to myself. He had referred to me as the leader... I didn’t think I’d ever be considered the head of a group or anything of the sort. But, then again, it wasn’t some really important one. Focusing back on the matter at paw, I scowled, hoping he hadn’t done too much damage as of yet. ‘Gahh, I wonder if it’s that Wulua kid again...’

I almost slipped several times on muck and waste on my way there, running as fast as I could with pokémon everywhere. I was constantly dodging creature after creature, and a few times I had banged into a couple, and I heard Hakumei apologise for me as he passed them behind me.

Once coming into the opening of a large circle of pokémon near the very back of the crate, Hakumei and I having come from the front, I stuck out my paws and skidded to a halt a few metres in front of the sandslash who tightened his grip at the sight of me. As my dark type friend and the grotle slowed to a stop behind me, I began to assess the situation.

It was Wulua.

“Stay back!” the ground type demanded, the claws on one of his paws laid across a ralts’ neck. The ralts’ head was drooping, and I could clearly tell that she was unconscious. I knew I had to take this seriously—considering that a pokémon had already fainted. If he had used a number of attacks on her to knock her out, I knew that it was very possible for him to be now able to kill her with his claws. And if I made the wrong move, he could easily extinguish the psychic type’s life.

“Wulua! What are you doing?!” I blurted out, spreading my front legs further apart.

“Why are we still here?!” he yelled at me, his eyes drained of their sanity. I recoiled a little at his aggressiveness, wondering what had driven him into such a state—but it then popped into my head as the most obvious thing currently on my mind It was surprising not everybody had flipped out by this stage. “Answer me!” he hollered, raising his muzzle. Pokémon around me flinched, waiting for me to step in.

“W-we have to wait for the haunter to come back,” I calmly replied, my mane settling down a little. Maybe if I remained relaxed, he wouldn’t feel as threatened.

“NO! Not wait, now! We have to get out NOW!!” he shouted hysterically, actually worrying me a little.

“Look, just calm down! He’ll be back soon,” I tried to reassure, my voice a little stressed. However, I knew I wasn’t telling the full truth. I had no idea when the ghost pokémon would return—but now, I hoped it was sooner than I had originally predicted.

“Shut up! Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!” He pressed his long, sharp claws into the Ralts’ neck, and my eyes widened.

‘A little more pressure and he could pierce her skin!’ I kept silent, watching him breathe heavily; He looked ready to explode into a rage-induced frenzy. However, when he started twitching his eyes, I had to say something. “What is it that you want?” I quietly asked, attempting to hide the frightened and/or agitated side of me.

“I want to get OUT OF HERE! I’m SICK of being held hostage by this wooden prison!” I then lowered my eyes, finding him a hypocrite. He was doing himself and everyone around him a disservice.

“We all do,” I mentioned. “We all want to get out...” He kept up his breathing, but before he could speak, I decided to go about it another way. “...If only that stupid haunter would hurry the hell up!”

Wulua seemed to frown a little at my sudden attitude fluctuation, but the stress in his face loosened up just a little. “What’s taking him SO LONG?!”

“You’re right! Doesn’t he care about us?!” I pretended to fire up. I turned to the pokémon around me, widening my eyes to enforce my encouragement for them to join in.

“He’s too selfish to help us!” Wulua accused, the spikes on his back lowering.

“All he cares about is taking FOREVER!” I droned, rolling my eyes. By this stage a few more pokémon had joined in, and I smiled on the inside. My plan was working.

“He’s a brainless ghost type!” he rumbled, distraction clouding his head as the pokémon in his claws slowly slid away.

“Yeah! What’s the matter with him?!” A look of disgust that passed across my face apparently edged on the sandslash.

“I want to get out!” he roared.

“Well, attacking the wall will help. Your claws are so strong!”

The ralts was now lying on the ground, and the sandslash’s arm had dropped with her. Without a word, Wulua glanced behind him. The wall was less than four metres behind him, and as tempted as he was, suspicion kept him from releasing his prisoner and going for the jackpot.

I readied my paws as the insane pokémon considered his chances, beginning to look as if he was about to ignore his protective instincts and stick with those that told him that he wanted to escape and he would do anything to fulfil that goal. Midway in pondering over what he should do, the sandslash turned away towards the wall.

Seizing the opportunity, I lunged at the pokémon with a soundless push-off, opening my jaw and pointing my small claws at him. With a screech from my opponent, I knocked us both to the ground, and the sandslash released his grip on the fainted ralts completely. We tumbled to the end of the crate, smacking against the wall. However, much to my dismay, I was the one who slammed against it, and Wulua was in front of me. He rolled onto his back, shook, and got to his feet.

I ducked with a yelp as he thrust a clawed paw at the wall—however, since it couldn’t be harmed from the inside, the claws were forced to change direction to downward, a cry emitting his mouth as a cringed. With his other paw, however, he swiped at me without hesitation, striking me in the gut. I gasped, but rapidly generated a weak shadow ball before sending it spiralling at close range into the pokémon’s face. Luckily it made him vulnerable for a few moments, and quickly I glanced to my wound. It was only a scratch on the surface, thankfully.

I pounced past him, then turned to face him as my paws skidded against the wood and muck, and leaped at him with a bite—big mistake. I rammed into his spikes, causing my body to take the shock and clunk against the ground. I shook off, barely being hurt by it as they folded rather than speared me, and I jumped backwards as he suddenly swung at me with his paws yet again. Countering it with a leer attack, my piecing glare made him have to cover his eyes as if a bright light had just shone into them. Letting his guard down by mistake, I cast a flamethrower in his direction, searing the pokémon only to the point of unconsciousness. Collapsing in a heap of defeated sandslash, Wulua fainted on the floor.

“...That haunter is trying his hardest.” I narrowed my eyes and exhaled in a long puff before hearing a number of worried pokémon storm over to us.

“Dusty!” called one of them. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, fine,” I simply replied. I smiled slightly, happy that my plan had worked, but it vanished quickly as I remember that Wulua had officially gone off the sanity scale—and it seemed like nothing could make him return to a safe state of mind, posing a difficult decision as to what to do with him. “Somebody watch him,” I commanded, turning around to whoever was there.

The umbreon beside me nodded to several pokémon around me—two ninjask who were cicada-like pokémon of assorted colours. Nodding, they followed orders and buzzed over to the inert ground type. Among them was also a loudred – a blue pokémon with an enormous mouth with two ears that looked as if they absorbed sound – and a shuckle who had a red shell with white rings where the holes for her long, yellow legs and neck were.

I strode over to the unconscious ralts, gathering that she looked in a somewhat fine state. I examined the pokémon briefly and nudged her. She didn’t move straight away, so I took her small body softly within my jaws and trotted over to the nearby grotle standing with Hakumei. I plonked her onto his shell-armour, and his umbreon friend nudged her further up onto his back in a stable position so she wouldn’t fall. I figured keeping her immobile up there was a suitable idea, being off the ground, and being in someone else’s care.

Most of the pokémon around were silent. “...Don’t do anything wrong, and you won’t end up like that sandslash over there,” I announced, nodding my head in the pokémon’s direction. “Do something wrong...and you’ll get the same treatment.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

FINALLY! I'm so tired, my expression looks like this: =.= I needa get some sleep now. +_+
Hope you all liked this chapter!

~Xanthe.

EDIT: (I post this as the rewrite has been pasted here.)
Okay, now, for those who have seen the voice acting thread, you'll know that we voice act scenes form stories. I've done two scene from TtEoaF so far, which include one from chapter 15, and one from this chapter. I play Dusty and the pokemon who goes "Yeah!" and the altaria who wants to fly away. If you want to listen to it, it's right here:

Spoiler:
The script goes from:

“Alright, now, you lot: as soon as we get out there, fly to the shore to find things like rocks to bring back and attack the humans with.”

to

“The humans are gonna put up a fight...and we must counter it with all we've got.”

It has some changes from the original script. For more info, like who played what part it this, go here: Click me!

And, I always include bloopers!

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-15-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

I really liked the chapter! It's good to know that they're finally getting close to escaping (well, hopefully). I'm kind of confused why all the bird pokemon were willing to listen to Dusty after she told them that though-they aren't horrible pokemon for wanting to fly away, and I thought some of them would still see that, or maybe some are still planning to leave.. Oh, and I loved this part:
Quote:
I saw some smaller Pokémon be tossed into the air—probably by other Pokémon who didn’t have anything else to throw.
xDDD

Now to kill typos:
Quote:
Outside, human men patrolled the area, Poké Balls here and there at their wastes.
Quote:
Most of them had black bum-bags at their wastes
I think it should be "waists".
Quote:
but it then popped into me head as the most
My!
Quote:
He rolled onto his back, the shaking and getting to his feet.
I'm not sure what this was supposed to say-something like "He rolled onto his back, shaking as he got to his feet?"

That's all. *waits for next chapter*

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 05-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
I really liked the chapter! It's good to know that they're finally getting close to escaping (well, hopefully). I'm kind of confused why all the bird pokemon were willing to listen to Dusty after she told them that though-they aren't horrible pokemon for wanting to fly away, and I thought some of them would still see that, or maybe some are still planning to leave.. Oh, and I loved this part:

I'm not sure what this was supposed to say-something like "He rolled onto his back, shaking as he got to his feet?"

That's all. *waits for next chapter*
Thanks, Scy! :D Yeah. x3 Um, well, Dusty was saying that the bird Pokemon would be awful to just fly away and not come back to help--like, they're taking advantage of the fact that they're being set free, whereas they're supposed to come back to help all of the other Pokemon still stuck on the ship. :3

xD I'm glad you liked that part! xD

And thanks for the other corrections! :D

That's supposed to be 'then', but 'the'. xD I'll change it to: 'then shaking before getting to his feet'. :3

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Sheepat Offline

Nice chapter, as usual, Graceful Suicune.

That is all I will say.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
Nice chapter, as usual, Graceful Suicune.

That is all I will say.
Thanks Riolu. :3

Okay. x3 Thanks for reading! :D

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Not bad; I see Scy killed all the typos I would've pointed out if I were there first X3
I'm not so sure Izante should be trusted anymore, though...

I forgot to mention I can also control other humans with Psychic >:3
And blow up machines, too. That's fun, but not as good as an explosion you can get with Aura Sphere, even then it's not as cool as powering it up with an Iron Tail...*Goes on listing different types of explosions*

He's been hanging around with Pokol too much XD

Last edited by Michelle8936; 05-18-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
Not bad; I see Scy killed all the typos I would've pointed out if I were there first X3
I'm not so sure Izante should be trusted anymore, though...

I forgot to mention I can also control other humans with Psychic >:3
And blow up machines, too. That's fun, but not as good as an explosion you can get with Aura Sphere, even then it's not as cool as powering it up with an Iron Tail...*Goes on listing different types of explosions*

He's been hanging around with Pokol too much XD
Not bad? D: Alrighty. :3 But I edited all those things and got rid of the typos. *ponders*
:O You picked it up! xD

Oh, lol, sure! I'll be sure to tell Dusty.

Dusty: What? Tell me what? Tell meeeeeeeeeeeee

*hand over Dusty's mouth* LOL! You probably have, Hakumei. xD

Thanks for tuning in, guys! :D Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long as the last one. x3

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Nah, I meant it was not bad by the fact that I had no typos to kill XP
And yeah, I'm rather good at picking up stuff like that >.>

Nice quote in your sig by the way XD

*Grins* I like making things go boom >:3

Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
Nah, I meant it was not bad by the fact that I had no typos to kill XP
And yeah, I'm rather good at picking up stuff like that >.>

Nice quote in your sig by the way XD

*Grins* I like making things go boom >:3
Ahh, lol. xD Well, I think I managed to kill the rest before posting the chapter. xD

xD Thanks! I thought it was funny myself. :3

Dusty: I like to set people on fire. ;3 But only bad people. :3 And it doesn't work with Pokemon. >.<

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

This was going to be longer, but I figured that the battle deserved its own chapter. :P So this one's short. :3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Chapter nine: Rough and Tough

I didn't have a proper chapter picture, so I drew this one quickly. Forgive the ridiculous anatomy!

After the ralts had woken up, I had asked her how she had gotten herself into such a situation. I figured that she hadn’t done anything wrong—Wulua had just abruptly gone berserk at her. However, as I had asked her, she just eyed me as if I had done something unforgivable, and turned straight to Hakumei.

“I was...listening to...her,” she hissed, gesturing with her head upwards at me, “and shortly after, that psycho maniac sandslash began to attack me.”

“I see,” Hakumei replied, seeming to ponder.

“Where’s my ribbon?” She interrupted Hakumei’s thinking and began looking about. “I was wearing it before he attacked me.”

“What did it look like?” I asked, stepping into the conversation she had cut me out of.

Before she replied, she seemed to glare at me. “It’s gold. Like your yellow fur but prettier.”

“W—” But before I could say anything, Hakumei, by the looks of it, butted in so as to stop me starting a fight.

“Where did you last have it?” he asked calmly, drawing the ralts’ attention.

“Um...over there somewhere.” She pointed to the front left corner’s direction, straight along the wall, as we were situated on the left but at the back.

“Do you want me to go and get it for you?” I asked, trying to sound nice but actually clenching my teeth a little.

She was silent for a few moments before replying with, “Fine. Go and retrieve it.” Frowning, I began to pad in the direction she pointed. “Fetch,” I heard her mutter after I was a few metres away. It was intended for my ears...but I wondered why on earth that little brat was being such a snob to me! I hadn’t done anything to her but save her...

Muttering under my breath, I sniffed the floor for the ribbon’s scent. If I was correct, it should’ve smelled like that ralts... But with the many, many pokémon inside this crate and so much...disgusting waste everywhere, it was proving to be not very easy to locate.

I glanced up, scanning my surroundings. I was amidst many pokémon – a lot of them in their elemental groups I had said for them to go in – but what caught my gaze was a large circle of pokémon who weren’t categorised by their types. It was around where the ribbon should’ve been, so I decided to stride over to them to check out what they were looking at.

After approaching the circle of pokémon that had managed to distract my attention, I stuck my nose between a plump, blue and cream sealeo and a stocky nuzleaf with a green leaf atop her head. They seemed a little bothered by my intrusion, but it was soon worth it as I spotted who was the centre of attention.

“They suspect...nothing.” The purple floating figure smiled, speaking with neither satisfaction nor timidness. “The humans are clueless...”

“Haunter!” I cried, pushing through the two pokémon who frowned at my actions. “You’re back! How did it go?”
“...They suspect nothing! The humans didn’t see me,” he answered almost proudly.

“That’s great—but are the others ready? All out of their cages?”

“Y-yes. I had to help, though.”

“Awesome!” I quickly shouted, becoming excited on the spot. Hearing such news was clearly getting me all jittery. “We need to do one last thing before escaping.” The haunter looked at me, raising an eyebrow...or whatever was a haunter’s equivalent. “Break the locks!”

[center]***[center]

Back outside again, the purple ghost pokémon stuck to the growing shadows around the ship. He, one last time, was going from crate to crate, letting the pokémon who were still prisoners to the sea vessel know what he was doing. This was the third time he would be entering the crates that day. Why hadn’t that flareon just asked him to do it in one go? ‘Oh well,’ he thought, watching as a human wielding a device that displayed light marched past him without noticing him. ‘I guess striking at night is a good plan, anyway... And she probably knows what she’s doing...hopefully.’

He arrived at the front of a particular cage, slipping inside and calling out to the pokémon—who were, thankfully, willing to listen up and formed in their elemental type groups. He began to stutter once the attention all came down on him, but he swallowed, built up his courage, and then told them that he was about to break their crate’s lock from the outside. He said that when he and/or any other ghost pokémon came in through the wall and gave them the order to attack, they would be able to storm out by breaking the door open – or down – with ease then that their lock had been broken. He also explained how the inside of the crates were soundproof, which was presumably part of their isolation program, and explained why no Team Rocket members had come in to see what all the noise was.

The pokémon howled with pleasure and excitement, ready to give the evil Team Rocket a taste of their own pokéblocks! The haunter would join in, of course, with all of this and contribute to the destruction of this human ship which travelled through the middle of nowhere.

The pokémon would take the Rockets by surprise, starting with Dusty’s crate to make them feel like they have the upper hand, but eventually, as the haunter melted into each wall of other pokémon’s crates, everyone else would help with the brilliant plan and ultimately take over. They would make sure the ship was left in pieces, and the humans were destined to be stranded out in the ocean, probably never to see land again alive. Their pokémon would go with them, if that was the case, or else attempt to seek revenge on their own by joining the freedom fighters.

But then again—who knew how this would all turn out? For all this haunter knew, everything could backfire and they could end up all being tortured and thrown into other smaller and rusting cages. On top of that, the Rocket count was unknown, and therefore nobody could be sure how outnumbered they would be. Maybe the prisoners would be outnumbered, causing inconvenience for all pokémon who had once been locked in metal cages. Not one soul wanted it to turn out that way, however, and hopefully their desire would keep Arceus from letting them down.

Again and again the haunter hid in the shadows which were casting themselves in blotches around the ship, darkening the day and making it harder for the humans to make out where things were; their eyesight was poor in the dark. But with the cylindrical objects they held in their hands, light was projected upon their wishing. However, it was only a line of light; although long, the beams weren’t widespread.

This pleased the haunter as he thought about it whilst slipping into another shadow. He knew that if one of their devices shone on him, however, his presence would be revealed. ‘But, then again,’ he thought, ‘they could either assume that I had escaped or that I was a new pokémon who happened to wander onto the ship. Since they probably assume that their system is foolproof, maybe I could just—’ The purple ghost pokémon squealed as he shielded his eyes with his two hands in response to a blinding bright light.

“Halt!” yelled a human voice, his footsteps an indication of his nearing presence.

‘Oh, crap,’ thought the haunter hastily. However, he decided that he better not slip into the wall next to him. Although it would be an easy escape route, he would probably be better off being caught by a Rocket and thrown into a new cage. If he simply sunk into the wall, the man might become suspicious... He wasn’t going to take chances and draw attention to the crate and possibly endanger the inhabitants. That would be reckless and unintelligent.

“Don’t move, you pokémon scum!” he ranted, and the haunter sighed.

‘I’m not moving...’

Soon enough, the man had called out a meowth to attack him. However, since meowth were normal types, the haunter knew that he wouldn’t be harmed by any of their usual attacks—and he was right. Little did he know about the man’s friend’s mightyena, however, which used bite on him. Being a ghost type, most pokémon would expect the haunter to be non-solid matter. However, he was as real as an igglybuff’s rubber-like body.

As the sharp teeth of the grey and black pokémon struck him, he yelped, but did nothing in his defence on purpose. The pokémon’s nose was red, and he could see that from his view. He had two black stripes that trailed from his back onto the front of his face, and he had black legs.

The haunter endured the attack as the jaws were clenched tightly around his lower body, and the first man who had stopped him was dismissed by the Rocket who owned the dark type pokémon that was latched onto the haunter. The man recalled his meowth – which looked in a poor condition – and the haunter was quickly taken downstairs into an office of some sort which held a large, frowning man who looked most indifferent.

He was wearing a different uniform to the Team Rocket minions—one that was rather like a suit and that lacked the gloves, boots and a hat that the other uniforms had. Under his jacket was a white shirt that stood out against the black. “What?” he growled rather demandingly. The grunt seemed to straighten and speak with a wobbly and somewhat cowardly tone.

“Uh, th-this pokémon was found wandering the sh-ship, sir,” he explained, trying his hardest to keep his brown eyes locked with those of his superior’s. The higher-ranked man, who sat behind a desk and on a large black chair, shifted his gaze to the haunter in a timid mightyena’s mouth. The pokémon must’ve felt the way his trainer – if you could call Team Rocket men trainers – felt towards the man.

“Cage it. Must be either a wild one or another one of you girls’ pokémon,” he grunted, the top of his lip twitching with what seemed to be contempt for the creature. “Throw it in one of the crates. I don’t give a rattata’s arse which one. Just don’t let it go. Any extra pokémon for labour and money is useful.” He looked about to get back to his papers before adding, “And check the internal cargo hold once you’re done with that.”

'Internal cargo hold?!' the haunter thought in shock. ‘This means there’s another place full of pokémon!’

“Y-yes, sir!” the minion saluted to the man, almost shakily hurrying out of the office. In spite of how much the haunter was in pain, he managed to utter a harsh chuckle. Although, it made the pokémon carrying him without a care in the world for his wellbeing simply squeeze his jaws tighter as punishment.

“Arghh,” the ghost type cringed, his body increasingly finding it harder to inhale oxygen.

The Team Rocket minion proceeded down a long hall that the haunter would’ve found somewhat fascinating if he hadn’t been in a mightyena’s mouth. He was carried, still hanging upside-down, past several rooms. Smells of different sorts wafted in his direction, and he had to hold his breath as particular doorways passed by. One of the rooms, which smelled like chemicals and other bitter human products, occupied a man with black fur on his head and round lenses stationary on the bridge of his nose. His fur was neatly cut and short, and he had his forearms behind his back. He wore a long, white human jacket, which looked like it clipped together in the middle. The rest of the room looked pristine and white, but disturbing at the same time. How could a room with cooking chemicals be clean?

The male human stepped forward as the haunter and his two captors passed by, but seemed to call out to them. The Rocket came to a halt and turned inside. However, the dark canine pokémon stayed put outside. He took a seat on the floor, the ghost type hanging from his mouth. The haunter had gotten used to the pain now, and he noticed that the jaws were relaxing a little bit, so the pressure wasn’t so much.

The humans discussed some things, and apparently the one who was in the white pelt mistook the minion for someone of higher importance. The haunter could hear about apparent chemicals that the human was telling the Rocket about, and he heard that one of them was unmistakably labelled by him as ‘hydrochloric acid’. The haunter could see a sheet of thin silver metal that was significantly large leaning up against the wall. He could hear bubbling and spluttering of some sort, and there was something wafting his way which reminded him of bananas crossed with...a substance that humans used to run their ‘automobiles’. It was called ‘petrol’.

‘Banana petrol...?’

[center]***[center]

“Banana petrol?! HAH!” I laughed – or out-burst – at the comment made by the haunter who floated next to me.
“Y-yeah...” he confirmed, seeming to giggle a little.

“Anyway, that’s another human we won’t need to worry about,” I stated, motioning to a body lying unconscious against the wooden wall of our crate.

Once my friend, the haunter, had brought two captors (one being the human’s pokémon) with him to the crate as he rested in a new cage – which we broke with ease – the Rocket man issued his mightyena to attack. Before the male pokémon had a chance, the pokémon of the crate panicked and attacked the human. One blow of an iron tail by a raticate instantaneously rendered him no longer conscious, which, I figured, was necessary. We would kill him shortly, but first he would be the hostage that we display to the Team Rocket members as a decoy for when the haunter would go around to the insides of the crates and inform the pokémon of their release time. According to the ghost pokémon, the eight of the crates’ locks had been shattered, and ours was one of the last ones—as he was captured by the Rocket before he could do anything, and therefore he didn’t have a chance. Lucky he hadn’t done it yet though—if that Rocket had realised that when he came to our crate – which he probably selected as the cage to put the haunter in for its low pokémon count – to lock him up in, he could’ve seen the severed lock and made a fuss over it.

The mightyena that accompanied him was threatened by a few of us, but he had given in (typical for a Team Rocket member) and said that he didn’t want to fight us, the innocent pokémon. I was glad he refused the offer to stick with his trainer, though. It meant one more pokémon to fight on our side, and one to be taken off Team Rocket’s side. It also meant we didn’t have to silence him, and the dark type explained that he never wanted to be a Team Rocket pokémon anyway, and they had only caught him for his threatening appearance and skills in battle. He had shown us his trainer’s other poké balls, which contained a zubat and a bronzor. They, too, were more happy than not to join our side—which suited us just fine.

[center]***[center]

“Okay—shush!” I exclaimed, attempting to silence the group of pokémon in the crate I was apparently in charge of. “He’s going to break our lock now!” I yelled again, once again standing on my pal, Luck, for height. “Where’s that mightyena?” I asked, scanning the room.

When someone near the front row stepped forward, I whispered to him to take the human outside before we killed him. The same beedrill that had killed the previous human would do the job quickly and simply, and then they would attack the Rockets. The mightyena nodded, jogging across to his previous master’s side. He clamped his jaws around his arm, but carefully so as not to wake him. I bit my lip. Getting the mightyena to assist us in his trainer’s death was risky, but a test of where his loyalty lay. I knew I could never harm my master, but hopefully his was horrible enough to kill.

“He’s just gonna break the crate next door’s lock first, and then ours. We shall all be ready to fight within less than thirty seconds!”

Everyone hesitated to begin to chant. We all trembled to begin with—what would the fight turn out like? Would we win, or...would we all die? How many Team Rocket members were there out there with their many pokémon among them? Would our numbers be great enough to fend them all off? Only time would tell. Only if our courage helped us pull through. Only if we overcame that sense of doubt and lack of faith.

“SEVEN, SIX, FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO...ONE!!” Within the next few moments of cheering pokémon, the door creaked slightly open. It silenced us all; even I stopped moving. I could feel the tension build as the near-impossible thought of our liberation surged through the hearts of us all.

“...FREEEEEEDOMMM!!” I yelled once spotting the haunter’s purple body peep in.

“YEAAAHHH!!!” everyone roared over all other noise, stampeding through the enormous gates of prison and back into the real world—where they belonged! Vibrations were forced not only through the crate’s wooden, cleanliness-ridden floor, but probably throughout the whole ship’s surface!

The only things I could hear were pokémon’s battle calls being shouted at the tops of their lungs and the stomps and steps of the escapees. I let a huge grin creep across my face as I leaped down from Luck’s shoulders once the crowd had pretty much filed out, competing against each other to be free, and I rushed over to any remaining, usually small pokémon who had been trampled. Most of them were okay, but a few had been knocked out already. I helped the awake ones up and gave them smiles, and Luck tended to those who were unconscious. I noted that the human was gone, and I assumed that his pokémon had dragged him out. Good thing, too—it meant he was becoming less and less attached to him. I couldn’t image anyone with an attachment to a Team Rocket member personally, though.

Gathering myself and holding my fluffy chest high, I coated my body with a gush of flames, feeling the heat surge through my veins. I let out a long, loud growl, listing all the attacks I could bestow upon the humans and their pokémon. I pictured each and every one of them, allowing my eyelids to fall. Focus was required to battle, and as soon as I stepped outside, I would expect to immediately enter some sort of battle. Side by side, all of us would get through this terrible episode we all had to live through, and we’d fight to the end. Support would hold us together, and if we all believed enough, we would all survive and prevail; helping each other was the key to survival.

Hopefully everyone had all listened to me and they would get the fish pokémon into the water first, then secretly ship off the baby pokémon or any other not able-bodied. The last thing that I wanted was for the little ones to be hurt, and for the sick to perish before their time. Everyone was important, but the pokémon had to understand that the weak were first on the agenda. They most-likely couldn’t fight properly, so there was no point in having them on the ship anyway.

I had organised for some pelipper to carry pokémon like any togepi or cleffa in their large bills to shore. Pokémon like lumineon and golduck could carry pokémon under the water if not on the surface, since I did know most water pokémon to be very skilled and fast swimmers.

Getting my mind back on track, I set my goals on one thing: escaping alive and doing anything in the process that would help. And not only for just me to escape...but every other innocent pokémon who had done nothing to deserve what they’ve had to endure...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-22-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: Through the Eyes of a Flareon ~ [PG] - Chapter Nine

Good chapter! I didn't mind that it was short^^ I also didn't notice any typos, but this sentence kinda confused me.

Quote:
The only things I could hear were battle calls crying at the top of their lungs and the stomps and steps of the escapees.
The "battle calls crying at the top of their lungs" part didn't make sense, because it would be the pokemon crying at the top of lungs, not the battle cries xD It would make more sense as something like "The only things I could hear were the battle calls of pokemon crying at the top of their lungs."

I like how the mightyena and the other pokemon owned by that Rocket guy decided to join Dusty. All too often I see Team Rocket's pokemon portrayed as weak cowards who are just as evil as their masters. I know if I were a Rocket pokemon, I would secretly hate my master after what Team Rocket did to me and other pokemon, and jump at the chance to join a rebellion. Then no more miss nice, obedient scyther.

I also liked that part you wrote at the end about Dusty's thoughts-I thought it set up for the battle that will be in the next chapter quite nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out! Keep writing!

-My Links-
Old 05-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
Good chapter! I didn't mind that it was short^^ I also didn't notice any typos, but this sentence kinda confused me.

The "battle calls crying at the top of their lungs" part didn't make sense, because it would be the pokemon crying at the top of lungs, not the battle cries xD It would make more sense as something like "The only things I could hear were the battle calls of pokemon crying at the top of their lungs."

I like how the mightyena and the other pokemon owned by that Rocket guy decided to join Dusty. All too often I see Team Rocket's pokemon portrayed as weak cowards who are just as evil as their masters. I know if I were a Rocket pokemon, I would secretly hate my master after what Team Rocket did to me and other pokemon, and jump at the chance to join a rebellion. Then no more miss nice, obedient scyther.

I also liked that part you wrote at the end about Dusty's thoughts-I thought it set up for the battle that will be in the next chapter quite nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out! Keep writing!
Thank you, Scy! :D I can always count on you to review the newest chapter first. :D *hugs*

Well, it does make sense, but it may sound confusing. Dusty was saying that she could hear the Pokemon's battle calls, and 'crying' was what they....wait... xD It made sense to me! Instead of having the battle calls being yelled, they were being cried...like when you say: '"Noo!" So-and-so cried.' Do you get me? x3

Wait............ xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I re-read it! You're right. xD I think I was supposed to put a 'Pokemon' in there. xDD Thanks for spotting that. :3 I'll fix it up. x3 It was supposed to be the Pokemon's battle calls being cried by them, but not literally cried--cried as in what I said above with the example speech. xD

:D Yeah. I really like Mightyena, and same--I would rebel and hate my stupid master. The Meowth that was sent out to first battle the Haunter was in poor condition, like it said, which showed how much Team Rocket don't care for their Pokemon. D:

Thanks! :D I tried to set it up--but I thought maybe she was rambling a bit. xD

I'll try to get the battle up when I can. I still need to write it, of course, though.
Oh, and did you like the Dusty picture I drew? :D I liked it because it wasn't like the old one...which I didn't really like. x3

Anyways, thanks again, Scy! :DDD

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Oh yeah the picture! I forgot to comment on that. xD Yes, of course I like it! I really like the way you drew the hair...fluff for some reason xD

And you're welcome! Good luck with the next chapter!

-My Links-
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

xD Thanks, mate. :3 xD Yeah, I never really liked the way that normally it would curl upwards. x3 So I changed it! >:D

:D Thanks. ^^ I don't want to take too long with it, but it's probably going to be a long chapter. I think I've got an idea of when I'm going to end it and stuff...which it good...for me. xD

And lol, in Science the other week, we did do an experiment, and the end result smelled like banana petrol. xDDD Which is why I included that part. xD

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Closed Thread