Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default [WAR VIII] WiFi Chat

Good Evening or Whatever to everybody,

I am starting this thread to get some input about the upcoming WAR VIII and the WiFi part of the competition.

For those who don't know what WAR is then let me explain. WAR is similar to what is seen in the WiFi Battle section where their are clans set up. Several teams are created in the Groups/Clubs section of PE2K that have members with skill ranging from writing, URPG and even humor. For selected amount of weeks (usually three to four weeks) these teams will compete in gaining points by having their members take part in the different competitions throughout the forum. Each week a judge will watch over the assigned section they been given and based on the parameters they set for that week they will award points to that team base on the entry or performance that their representative member. The team with the most points at the end of the WAR competition wins the WAR.

Currently the teams that will compete in the WAR competition have been selected and judges have been chosen. This year I will host the WiFi part of the competition.

The past times this part of the competition (WiFi) battling haven't seen much activity. So I want some input as in why and how you think it can be more active.

I am also interested as in if anybody wants a change in how points will be given out for this section. In the past it was up to the person of that team to seek out challenges with other WiFi battlers on different teams. Similar to what is done for the URPG or Shoddy part of the competition. More details can be found here (Last time this was done for Parody WAR). This time around I am thinking that maybe it would be better to have a mini-war between teams to make it similar to the way things are done between clans in the Battling Center.

WAR starts June 14th and it isn't too late to sign up for teams.

So any input would be great. This is your guys competition and I am just the humble guest.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Last edited by Charizard Michelle; 06-05-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: [WAR VIII] WiFi Chat

Hmm... Well, I honestly like the way that Finch ran that last one, only I think it would be better if people knew about the themes in advance so that there was some time to prepare. I mean, it's much easier to have a passable team ready for the first week of war if people know beforehand like a week to arange/plan out which team they want to use...

yeah, that, and I'll only be here for week's 1 and 3, so being able to help my Team with the rest of the weeks won't happen unless I know the themes beforehand...

Old 06-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

I think that something must have been up with my format, due to the inactivity. If you are running themes, like I did for the parody war, then it'd be good to discuss them here in advance like Brainy said... just so we have time to prepare...

Oh, and with regards to the individuals/teams debate, I'm 100% in favour of keeping it how it was. Not for ego reasons, but because it's way easier to organise single battles.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Hmm... Well, I honestly like the way that Finch ran that last one, only I think it would be better if people knew about the themes in advance so that there was some time to prepare. I mean, it's much easier to have a passable team ready for the first week of war if people know beforehand like a week to arange/plan out which team they want to use...

yeah, that, and I'll only be here for week's 1 and 3, so being able to help my Team with the rest of the weeks won't happen unless I know the themes beforehand...
Ok. I was thinking of doing themes but I guess I save the theme teams for Week Two. That way there is a good week to prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
I think that something must have been up with my format, due to the inactivity. If you are running themes, like I did for the parody war, then it'd be good to discuss them here in advance like Brainy said... just so we have time to prepare...

Oh, and with regards to the individuals/teams debate, I'm 100% in favour of keeping it how it was. Not for ego reasons, but because it's way easier to organise single battles.
Noted. I think I will keep that idea but for the theme of Week One I make it where 'Mini Wars' can be set up just to try it out.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Kick the Moon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Kick the Moon Send a message via Yahoo to Kick the Moon

Looks like nothing happened here. ._. Time for a fail attempt to revive it!

For this week's theme, do you have to have 1/3 of your team UU, or can you have more than two?

Also, I'm up for any Wi-Fi WAR battles. lol :x