Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Spoiler alert!Ash vs. Paul was so LAME!

This is unacceptable that Paul got to win, be the Randy Orton of the show as the match was nothing more then Survivor Series, sending poor Chimchar/Monferno out there alone vs. Paul's 4 brutal Pokemon. That's unacceptable script writing to have Paul win! I hope Jupiter mops the floor with this sap! I'm sick of Paul thinking he's no. 1 with bad tactics like. This is like wrestling, Paul agrees to lose to Brendan, but then he gets to beat Ash. That's lousy!

The following passage is in white and contains a spoiler upon reading. But I found it unacceptable.

Last edited by AshMistyMayfan; 06-22-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: Ash vs. Paul was so LAME!

Umm Yeah, Might wanna put a Spoiler warning there. -_-'

What do you expect? Paul was the better trainer honestly. You may not agree with his tactics, but they work.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: Spoiler alert!Ash vs. Paul was so LAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
This is unacceptable that Paul got to win, be the Randy Orton of the show as the match was nothing more then Survivor Series, sending poor Chimchar/Monferno out there alone vs. Paul's 4 brutal Pokemon. That's unacceptable script writing to have Paul win! I hope Jupiter mops the floor with this sap! I'm sick of Paul thinking he's no. 1 with bad tactics like. This is like wrestling, Paul agrees to lose to Brendan, but then he gets to beat Ash. That's lousy!

The following passage is in white and contains a spoiler upon reading. But I found it unacceptable.
I honestly believe it's only to highlight the significance of when Ash will inevitably defeat Paul at the league, and therefore show the progress of his team. Hence making Ash's training methods superior. But I do agree, they should've at least allowed a single win for Monferno, considering it just evolved, and had enhanced powers in the form of Blaze. Also, Grotle deserved some glory. They seriously nerfed the thing, in favour of Chimchar, after it evolved.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

I honestly believe it's only to highlight the significance of when Ash will inevitably defeat Paul at the league, and therefore show the progress of his team. Hence making Ash's training methods superior. But I do agree, they should've at least allowed a single win for Monferno, considering it just evolved, and had enhanced powers in the form of Blaze. Also, Grotle deserved some glory. They seriously nerfed the thing, in favour of Chimchar, after it evolved.
Well guys, look at this way. Ash loses horribly now, and beats his ass 10x in the League or something. I won't be surprised if Monferno ends up beating 2-3 of Paul's Mons. xD

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 06-23-2009, 02:39 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
Well guys, look at this way. Ash loses horribly now, and beats his ass 10x in the League or something. I won't be surprised if Monferno ends up beating 2-3 of Paul's Mons. xD
Yeah, Ash has been getting off too easy. Usually if his Pokemon evolves mid-battle, it becomes the Deus ex Machina, is that the correct term for 'instant solution'?

I actually think Ash's team will be fully evolved. Except for Pikachu and one of the starters probably. If he does that, than he can definetely win. And seeing the way Grotle slowly started to warm-up to itself in that battle, I'm pretty sure we'll see Ash's Torterra vs. Paul's Torterra in the Sinnoh League.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Pokemon Ultimatum Offline
Experienced Trainer

It almost seem's like threre making paul a better trainer then ash, ash has only won against paul once and it wasn't even a battle! what are thay trying to prove here?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

The important thing is that the next episode had some nice images of Ash's Pokemon being badass, which allowed for me to obtain some excellent avatar stock images.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 PM
poke123 Offline

Well, honestly, I didn't expect Ash to win. This way, Ash can win in the Sinnoh League. Also, you can't really say that it wasn't fair for Paul to lose to Brandon and win against Ash. Ash only won that battle against Brandon because he was using his oldest/strongest Pokemon. I mean as "strong" as his Sinnoh team is, none of them compare to Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard. (Pikachu would be the exception)

I think his team will pretty much remain the same except for Monferno. I think Monferno will evolve. So, by the time he reaches the Sinnoh League, his mons will be the same except he'll have an Infernape. However, I do expect Ash's mons to learn one or two new moves before the league.

I also thought the whole Monferno losing was stupid. I think he should have at least taken down Electabuzz. Maybe they both could have fainted at the same time or something. I mean, Monferno deserves to at least beat one of Paul's mons, right?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Lonsie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lonsie

What would happen if Ash had beaten Paul...

"Oh... Uh... I guess he wins. We're just scraping the entirety of what this rivalry has built up to. There won't be a point to Ash and Paul battling in the league, because Ash has already proven himself superior in a 6 on 6 battle."

[ BFF ~ Draconic Espeon ]
URPG | Shizen no Senshi | VPP
Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 AM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

What makes you think Ash is going to beat Paul in the League? But I do agree that the writers are proving yet again that they have no imagination (honestly, what was Satoshi Tajiri thinking hiring those writers?).

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?

Last edited by SBaby; 07-09-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:58 AM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Maybe they're going to face each other in the league and Ash finally wins and it'll be on the grandest stage of them all, but it seems like they might be doing the Elite Four thing for once instead of holding a huge tournament full of trainers which is what I want to see. I actually wanted Paul to win so it could build towards their last encounter when Ash gains redemption at long last! If I was a writer at Nintendo, you'd see some pretty damn good storylines, plots, blah, blah, blah.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
What makes you think Ash is going to beat Paul in the League? But I do agree that the writers are proving yet again that they have no imagination (honestly, what was Satoshi Tajiri thinking hiring those writers?).
Because the writer's aren't exactly going to promote Paul's harsh training methods as the eventual superior option overall. If they let him win come League time, then they're ultimately doing just that.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:02 PM
LAX Offline

I don't know how you guys really imagine that Ash could beat Paul, i mean come on his team is like a few times stronger, i don't really 100% agree with Paul in the way he trains his pokemon but in comparison to Ash he at least does train them, i was really glad to see Ash loose maybe not in the way he did but i'm getting really fed up with the ways and pokemon Ash wins his matches. He always keeps some pokemon elsewhere, at Oaks (then they come back from the vacation doing nothing and are stronger then all the other pokemon Ash has had on his team the whole time and beat the crap out of everyone they face) plus he leaves his pokes with other people in "care" then get them back for important matches, they way he beat Gary (just to show that Garys attitude was wrong) is just one pointer, it was the lamest result ever and you can expect the same lame battle with Paul in the finals where Paul will have his super strong Final evolution stage pokemon loose against Ashes First stage pokemon who have been instead of trained loved and cared after them bla bla. And his battles against gym leaders and some of the battle frontiers were lucky coincidence nothing else, so ither he gets more serious and trains and catches better pokemon (maybe sometimes gets one or two of his evolved) or just looses all his matches like he's supposed too, not some lame wins because it makes all other pokemo trainers look lame and shity, imo Ash isn't that great of trainer. But in the end we have to eat this s*** cuz the anime is meant for kids 4 and under... Just a few of my thoughts no flaming meant.