Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Night Fire Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfizz View Post
Tbh i kind of like the idea of different people each war. What's the point of having 18 members in a clan if only the same 5 are going to be warring over and over again?

@Verystrait: I'm still going to battle and get better even with the rule.. People don't get better just because they want to be in a war. What is the point of playing pokemon if you arent trying to get better?
But in every clan not all 18 people are active. In fact in most clans only hve 5-10 active members. How can you conduct a war with those rules?? I think most of these rules are just ridiculous.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
JayFizz Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to JayFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fire View Post
But in every clan not all 18 people are active. In fact in most clans only hve 5-10 active members. How can you conduct a war with those rules?? I think most of these rules are just ridiculous.
Well that is the clans fault for not having active members. If you dont have active members, kick the inactive ones and get new ones...

Pokemon Platinum FC: 4726 5378 6670
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM
pein11 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Well that is the clans fault for not having active members. If you dont have active members, kick the inactive ones and get new ones...
But all the good battlers are already in clans, you can have new members and suck, or have good some-what active members.

Platinum fc: 3609-7080-3514
My other Platinum fc:5327 8103 3491.
IGN:Lucas
Old 06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Night Fire Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
This forum in general is not popular enough to do that. The forum is great but there's not enough people to kick out members and just have people waiting in line to join.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Verystrait42 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Jayfizz, if you really are getting better then it won't be the same 5 people anyway. If it is, then you need to try harder at training. This rule just kills the clans that weren't already full. As night fire said, this forum isn't well populated enough to do that. All the good ative members are already in clans. Teo, can we have a vote on this rule?

Reached 11 on Challenge Cup PO ladder.

Wi-fi: Zack, 2665-5033-9610
Shoddy/PO Username: Verystrait42
Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM
cub0nes_sp0tlessmind Offline

Send a message via AIM to cub0nes_sp0tlessmind Send a message via Yahoo to cub0nes_sp0tlessmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystrait42 View Post
Jayfizz, if you really are getting better then it won't be the same 5 people anyway. If it is, then you need to try harder at training. This rule just kills the clans that weren't already full. As night fire said, this forum isn't well populated enough to do that. All the good ative members are already in clans. Teo, can we have a vote on this rule?
I second this. This ain't no myspace. Vote, we must!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0nes_sp0tlessmind View Post
I second this. This ain't no myspace. Vote, we must!
Yeah, and plus these new rues are really annoying, because half of my clan is inactive right now bcause they're on vacation in another country. I may have access to the computer and internet, but no Wi-Fi or shoddy. If you keep adding all these new rules and junk, I may leave the clan bussiness altogether. There's a saying that I say that really sums it up. If it's good as it is, don't change it.
Heh heh heh...

EDIT: I still see NO POINT to this rule. So what if a clan declines every war match? They won't be first, and they'll just stay with no wins and losses, and eventually people may leave due to boredom. Is there really a point to the rule? Anyways, yes, vote we must, for that is the way of the jedi.
Heh heh heh....

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914

Last edited by Yamirami; 06-23-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 PM
shucklerules Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystrait42 View Post
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fire View Post
This forum in general is not popular enough to do that. The forum is great but there's not enough people to kick out members and just have people waiting in line to join.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTheYoshi View Post
I don't understand why the rules can't just be the same as before. Everybody was happy, why'd you have to change them? :I
MOSTLY THIS

I hate this rule, it dosnt make any sense, there just aren't enough members to do this and wars will move very slowly. Now you also need 10 members to be a clan instead or 5. I really don't mind the rule where if you challenge again you cant decline because that allows more wars which I am fine with.

Add xGapz on PSN
Add xGapz on XBL
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 PM
JayFizz Offline
Elite Trainer

Hmm.. i see where you guys are coming from.

What about this: 3 battlers would have to be different from last time. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Skottles

I think the rule should be no members can be in more than 2 wars in a row. That way you don't switch out the same 3 members every time but it doesn't cripple clans like mine that have 6-7 active members.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
JayFizz Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skottles View Post
I think the rule should be no members can be in more than 2 wars in a row. That way you don't switch out the same 3 members every time but it doesn't cripple clans like mine that have 6-7 active members.
Thats exactly what the first rules was. or im reading this wrong...

Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Skottles

I don't think thats what the first rule was.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
JayFizz Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post

Whether you win or lose a war, you MUST have at least 5 different battlers participating in the next one.

I think that was pretty much what you said :o

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Please specify the exact rules the lot of you do have problems with and state why you have problems with them.

Edit: I've adjusted rule 5 just a bit. Meaning, it doesn't affect your win loss ratio. It just deducts points and affects your standings on the over all ranking list. So in other words. That IS a penalty for dodging challenges.

Rule 1 states "At least 5 Members from each clan must be able to participate." What I mean by this is, if some of your members are on vacation, or don't currently have access to Wi-fi and you simply don't have enough active members to hold a War. The challenge that was sent to you becomes void. Due to the fact you don't fall under the criteria to have a war.

Rul 8 states "Whether you win or lose a war, you MUST have at least 5 different battlers participating in the next one." My reasoning for implementing this is not only to stop the more well off clans from constantly using their best battlers to gain quick win in a war and have it ended. It allows you to have some newer members experience a competitive battle first hand.

To further elaborate on this. It adds real strategy to having Wars. Not only do match up's play a part in Wars, but having to worry about the next challenge at hand.

Example:

War between Clan A and B is taking Place.
Clan A sends in 2 of their best battlers, Clan B sends in their 5 top battlers
Clan B win's 3-2
Clan B is then Challenged by Clan X (Considering they've just used their best battlers in the previous War they are more than likely to lose.)
Clan B Declines Challenge
Clan Z Then Challenges Clan B, (Clan B accepts believing they have the upper hand even with out their best battlers.)
Clan Z wins 4-1

My thought process behind these rules was not only to think about the challenge at hand, but to think about those that may be challenging you in the future. On top of that, it means bigger Wars. Since you only have to change 5 battlers, you could have a 7v7 War, 9v9! Meaning you're still following the rules, and it allows for more points to be on the line! :o! MORE POINTS?!

Yes, I said more points, the bigger the wars, the more points you gain for winning. 7v7 = 2, 9v9 = 3, 11v11 = 4, 13 v 13 = 5.

I digress though, the BIGGEST reason why I've added these rules, is so that the Battling Center gains more activity. I was honestly annoyed by the fact that clans who were able to battle would decline constantly, due to them not wanting to mess up their Win / Lose Ratio. The fact that they didn't want to lose, the fact they believed they couldn't win. All this lead to much less activity and a lack of war's going on.

Not only do more battles against a variety of other people help people out, it also keeps this place more active! So, it really is a win win situation!

Last edited by Teo; 06-23-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:18 AM
The Amazing Ninja Kirby Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Please specify the exact rules the lot of you do have problems with and state why you have problems with them.

Edit: I've adjusted rule 5 just a bit. Meaning, it doesn't affect your win loss ratio. It just deducts points and affects your standings on the over all ranking list. So in other words. That IS a penalty for dodging challenges.

Rule 1 states "At least 5 Members from each clan must be able to participate." What I mean by this is, if some of your members are on vacation, or don't currently have access to Wi-fi and you simply don't have enough active members to hold a War. The challenge that was sent to you becomes void. Due to the fact you don't fall under the criteria to have a war.

Rul 8 states "Whether you win or lose a war, you MUST have at least 5 different battlers participating in the next one." My reasoning for implementing this is not only to stop the more well off clans from constantly using their best battlers to gain quick win in a war and have it ended. It allows you to have some newer members experience a competitive battle first hand.

To further elaborate on this. It adds real strategy to having Wars. Not only do match up's play a part in Wars, but having to worry about the next challenge at hand.

Example:

War between Clan A and B is taking Place.
Clan A sends in 2 of their best battlers, Clan B sends in their 5 top battlers
Clan B win's 3-2
Clan B is then Challenged by Clan X (Considering they've just used their best battlers in the previous War they are more than likely to lose.)
Clan B Declines Challenge
Clan Z Then Challenges Clan B, (Clan B accepts believing they have the upper hand even with out their best battlers.)
Clan Z wins 4-1

My thought process behind these rules was not only to think about the challenge at hand, but to think about those that may be challenging you in the future. On top of that, it means bigger Wars. Since you only have to change 5 battlers, you could have a 7v7 War, 9v9! Meaning you're still following the rules, and it allows for more points to be on the line! :o! MORE POINTS?!

Yes, I said more points, the bigger the wars, the more points you gain for winning. 7v7 = 2, 9v9 = 3, 11v11 = 4, 13 v 13 = 5.

I digress though, the BIGGEST reason why I've added these rules, is so that the Battling Center gains more activity. I was honestly annoyed by the fact that clans who were able to battle would decline constantly, due to them not wanting to mess up their Win / Lose Ratio. The fact that they didn't want to lose, the fact they believed they couldn't win. All this lead to much less activity and a lack of war's going on.

Not only do more battles against a variety of other people help people out, it also keeps this place more active! So, it really is a win win situation!
But shouldn't clns be allowed to chose wether they want war or not? I mean, so what if a clan dodges chalenges, it only afects them because members will leave. And yes, we should vote for new rules like a democracy!

<---credit to sealboyno1 for the awesome banner!
Closed Thread