Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Exclamation Can you lock please?

Alright, I'm not sure if I'm posting this right, but whatever. As the title suggests I'm gonna make a monotype Water Type team just for my enjoyment to see how many battles I can win. Please rate it and make suggestions. I'll just put the records here:

Team finished: Half-Way done...


Random PBR Wi-Fi

Uber Abusers

Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0


Rental Passes

Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0


Actual Trainers

Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0


Total Results

Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0


Forum Battles

Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0


Complete Totals

Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Draws: 0

Now for the team. the team is put in the order of the Pokémon I added are. Note: I will NOT send them out in this order.

My Team at a Glance










Omastar

EV Spread

6 Def / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe

Ability: Swift Swim

Nature: Timid (+ Spe - Atk)

Item: Life Orb

Moveset

~ Surf
~ Earth Power
~ Protect
~ Ancientpower

Description: Omastar is a great Pokémon due to his 125 base defense and his 115 base special attack. But of course with all these good stats one must suffer, and which stat most commonly suffers for other good stats? You guessed it speed. Well with his ability he can take advantage of rain, so why isn't rain dance there? Well I'm gonna get Phione to cover that so he can get to attacking immediately. And since rain also makes water moves do 50% more damage and STAB bonus, Surf will become really powerful. Also Protect was thrown in the mix for when Phione uses Surf. (Especially since he takes regular damage due to his Rock Typing)




Phione

EV Spread

252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp.A

Nature: Modest (+ Sp.A - Atk)

Ability: Hydration

Item: Damp Rock

Moveset

~ Rain Dance
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot
~ Rest

Description: Phione just seems to be so underrated. It's ability is really useful and works great with Omastar. Though it may faint the whole point of it is to just use Rain Dance, much like my brother's Roserade. Well, if it can survive more than one turn then it'll use Surf and since most see it as a small threat they'll go after Omastar, but it'll protect and Phione will get to attack. Before you make your post saying to get rid of Phione, try to think before you knew about my strategy, what would YOU have done if you were battling Phione and Omastar in a Double Battle? Be honest with me.



Feraligatr

EV Spread

30 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Torrent

Item: Expert Belt

Moveset

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Brick Break

Description: This Gatr sure does pack a bite. Only two Dragon Dances are pretty much required to cause massive damage to a team. Ice Punch can be used to hurt Grass Types and the biggest threat in the whole metagame Salamence. Brick break was thrown in the mix to hurt Empoleon and the lot. I made him hold an Expert Belt, so Super-Effective Waterfall will OHKO.




Gastrodon

EV Spread

212 HP / 242 Def / 56 Sp.A

Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Sticky Hold

Item: Leftovers

Moveset

~ Earth Power
~ Muddy Water
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover

Description: For some odd reason I have always had a grudge against Swampert. (Maybe because my rival/brother chose it as his starter while I chose Blaziken?) Gastrodon seems like a worse version of Swampert or Quagsuire or something along the lines of that to many, but he isn't. He is very similar, but unlike Swampert he has Recover, the main reason why I chose him over Swampert. I chose Muddy Water over Surf so my Pokémon won't get attacked and it could possibly lower the foe's accuracy. Ice beam was just added as a special move since there's not really much else to add.




Tentacruel

EV Spread

252 HP / 120 Def / 138 SpD

Nature: Calm (+ Sp.D - Atk)

Ability: Liquid Ooze

Item: Black Sludge

Moveset

~ Surf
~ Rapid Spin
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Toxic Spikes

Description: Formerly the Rapid Spinner was Starmie, but it was replaced with this beast. This thing can Rapid Spin anything and it can even use Toxic Spikes while it's still alive. Then if it survives that long, it'll just Surf or Sludge bomb everything in sight. It can also be a descent Special Wall due to its unique typing. (Only losing to Ground, Elecrtic, and Psychic) Its only real biggest threat is Alakasam, but they're becoming less popular, and Feraligatr can just Crunch their tiny bones.




Slowbro

EV Spread

252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Nature: Bold (+ Def - Atk)

Ability: Oblivious

Item: Leftovers

Moveset

~ Surf
~ Hidden Power (Electric)
~ Flamethrower
~ Slack Off

Description: Don't underestimate this guy just because he looks dumb. (Well actually I think he is mentally) He or actually mine is a she, can survive tons of abuse and do just as much abuse as she got back to her opponent! (Actually in a battle she took down a Dusknoir with plenty of health to spare) She's a great overall wall, but she has too many weaknesses which can really become a problem. At that point she slacks off while her opponent gets rid of the threat. She can take quite a bit of abuse (And even survive a Cacturne's Sucker Punch) and deal damage back after she heals of course. And sadly since this is an I-nGame Team I cannot change the horrible ability.

Well that's about it. Hope you enjoyed reading this and hope I can finish soon and see the results. Positive ones that is!
Heh heh heh...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914

Last edited by Yamirami; 07-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,144
Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
Alright, I'm not sure if I'm posting this right, but whatever. As the title suggest I'm gonna make a pure water type team just for my enjoyment to see how many battles I can win. Please rate it and make suggestions.



Omastar

EV Spread

6 Def / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe

Ability: Swift Swim

Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)

Item: Life Orb

Moveset

~ Surf
~ Earthpower
~ Protect
~ Ancientpower

Description: Omastar is a great Pokémon due to his 125 base defense and his 115 base special attack. But of course with all these good stats one must suffer, and which stat most commonly suffers for other good stats? You guessed it speed. Well with his ability he can take advantage of rain, so why isn't rain dance there? Well I'm gonna get Phione to cover that so he can get to attacking immediately. And since rain also makes water moves do 50% more damage and STAB bonus, Surf will become really powerful. Also Protect was thrown in the mix for when Phione uses Surf. (Especially since he takes regular damage due to his Rock Typing)

So this is a Double battle team? That sure shakes things up. Anyways, Modest is the better Nature since you outspeed ScarfTran in the rain even with it, and Modest also gives a considerable boost to power.



Phione

EV Spread

252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp.A

Nature: Modest (+ Sp.A - Atk)

Ability: Hydration

Item: Damp Rock

Moveset

~ Rain Dance
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot
~ Rest

Description: Phione just seems to be so underrated. It's ability is really useful and it can work well with a Swift Swimmer. Surf is it's STAB move and Grass Knot was chosen over Toxic because I preferred an attacking move, also it can help to get rid of Steelix. Phione can be useful, but you have to be very careful with it.

You realize that Manaphy is OU on PE2K, don't you? On some other sites it isn't but Manaphy can be used here.



Feraligatr

EV Spread

30 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Torrent

Item: Life Orb/Leftovers/Muscle Band/Expert Belt

Moveset

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Earthquake

Description: This Gatr sure does pack a bite. Only two Dragon Dances are pretty much required to cause massive damage to a team. Ice Punch can be used to hurt Grass Types and the biggest threat in the whole metagame Salamence. Crunch was thrown in the mix to hurt stuff like Alakasam and Mismagius and the lot. I made him hold a Splash Plate instead of a Life Orb just in case of item clause.

Water/Ice/Ground gets really good coverage, so use EQ over Crunch. Don't use Splash Plate unless you already know that the Item Clause will be used, and if so use the Muscle Band or Expert Belt.



Gastrodon

EV Spread

212 HP / 252 Df/44 SpAtk

Nature: Bold

Ability: Sticky Hold

Item: Leftovers

Moveset

~ Earth Power
~ Muddy Water
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover

Description: For some odd reason I have always had a grudge against Swampert. (Maybe because my rival/brother chose it as his starter while I chose Blaziken?) Gastrodon seems like a worse version of Swampert or Quagsuire or something along the lines of that to many, but he isn't. He is very similar, but unlike Swampert he has Recover, the main reason why I chose him over Swampert. I chose Muddy Water over Surf so my Pokémon won't get attacked and it could possibly lower the foe's accuracy. Ice beam was just added as a special move since there's not really much else to add.

You might as well max out Defense because Gastrodon's Defense isn't that great (unless having those extra SpAtk EVs accomplishes something I'm overlooking). Bold Nature because you don't have any physical attacks to be weakened. Hydro Pump is possible over Muddy Water for the added power, but Muddy Water is fine.



Starmie

EV Spread

136 HP/156 Df/216 Spd

Nature: Timid (+ Spd - Atk)

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: Leftovers

Moveset

~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover
~ Thunderbolt
~ Surf/Ice Beam

Description: Not much to say. Just the Rapid Spinner of the team. Thunderbolt is used to KO any Gyarados and Psychic is just the STAB move. I would like a better ability though, but since this is an In-Game Team I can't change it. Oh well...

If you're just using it as a Rapid Spinner, go with the spread I have above, not to mention that it is illegal to have 258 EVs in a stat (though I assume that was a typo). They let Starmie take a +1 Gyara EQ or Stone Edge, and survive to T-bolt it, while outspeeding all base 110 Pokemon. Very few people use the Item Clause, so don't worry about that very much. Surf is the far better move, especially since all of your team either resists it or is neutral, but if you are 100% paranoid about not hitting your teammates, then go with Ice Beam to give good coverage and take out Dragons. You really need to change your ability, as Starmie loses a whole lot of value without Natural Cure.



Slowbro

EV Spread

252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Nature: Bold (+ Def - Atk)

Ability: Own Tempo

Item: Leftovers/Enigma Berry

Moveset

~ Surf
~ Hidden Power (Electric)
~ Ice Beam
~ Slack Off

Description: Don't underestimate this guy just because he looks dumb. (Well actually I think he is mentally) He or actually mine is a she, can survive tons of abuse and do just as much abuse as she got back to her opponent! (Actually in a battle she took down a Dusknoir with plenty of health to spare) She's a great overall wall and since she has tons of weaknesses (Bug, Electric, Grass, Dark, and Ghost) the Enigma Berry is pretty useful. She can take quite a bit of abuse and deal damage back after she heals of course. And again, the same thing as Starmie happened. Wrong ability, can't change it.

You really need to change the ability, though it isn't as desperate as it is on Starmie. Once again, Item Clause is rare, so don't worry about it much.

Well that's about it. Hope you enjoyed reading this and hope I can finish soon and see the results. Positive ones that is!
Heh heh heh...
If you are using a monotype water team, you really need a Pokemon that takes neutral damage from Grass moves, like Tentacruel, Kingdra, or Empoleon (multiple ones is even better). In fact, replacing Starmie with Tentacruel would still let you have a Rapid Spinner.

Tentacruel@Leftovers/Black Sludge (Black Sludge only for if you are SURE you are playing under Item Clause)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature (+SpDf -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/120 Df/136 SpDf
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes/Knock Off
-Ice Beam/HP [Electric]

Either Water move is for STAB. Rapid Spin is obvious. Toxic Spikes are nice despite not really being as effective in Double Battles, while Knock Off is also a great move. Ice Beam takes out Dragons, while HP [Electric] takes out other Water types and Gyara.

Speaking of Gyara, he's better suited for Feraligatr's job. He give your team a Ground immunity, which makes it easier to take the EQs that many doubles teams like to throw around (and Tenta and Omastar are weak to). He also has higher Attack and Intimidate, which is an even better ability in Double Battles. He's 4x Electric weak, but its probably worth it since any mono Water team is going to be extremely weak to Electric.
__________________
URPG|VPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by .NJ
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 06-17-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
If you are using a monotype water team, you really need a Pokemon that takes neutral damage from Grass moves, like Tentacruel, Kingdra, or Empoleon (multiple ones is even better). In fact, replacing Starmie with Tentacruel would still let you have a Rapid Spinner.

Tentacruel@Leftovers/Black Sludge (Black Sludge only for if you are SURE you are playing under Item Clause)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature (+SpDf -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/120 Df/136 SpDf
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes/Knock Off
-Ice Beam/HP [Electric]

Either Water move is for STAB. Rapid Spin is obvious. Toxic Spikes are nice despite not really being as effective in Double Battles, while Knock Off is also a great move. Ice Beam takes out Dragons, while HP [Electric] takes out other Water types and Gyara.

Speaking of Gyara, he's better suited for Feraligatr's job. He give your team a Ground immunity, which makes it easier to take the EQs that many doubles teams like to throw around (and Tenta and Omastar are weak to). He also has higher Attack and Intimidate, which is an even better ability in Double Battles. He's 4x Electric weak, but its probably worth it since any mono Water team is going to be extremely weak to Electric.
Yeah, I think I'll kick out Starmie and add in Tentacruel, but I just think that Feraligatr is better. I just like him more for some reason... It's just my opinion though. Thanks for your help!
Heh heh heh...'

EDIT: And yeah, I'm gonna for a monotype Water team. I'm gonna put that in the intro.
Heh heh heh...

EDIT2: Eh, I changed item of Slowbro but I perfer Tentacruel having Black Sludge in case of Trick Alakasam. Also I left Feraligatr's item to Splash Plate, because I don't want it taking damage.

EDIT3: Jeez, so many edits, either way, I don't want Earthquake because it'll damage something else on my team so unless I got Slowbro it'll probably faint unless it's Omastar. Also I only have one Manaphy and its nature is Naughty and I randomly leveled it up. (I was younger, and back then I thought levels were what mattered) =p Curse you luck! Why?!
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914

Last edited by Yamirami; 06-17-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:52 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,144
Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
Yeah, I think I'll kick out Starmie and add in Tentacruel, but I just think that Feraligatr is better. I just like him more for some reason... It's just my opinion though. Thanks for your help!
Heh heh heh...'

EDIT: And yeah, I'm gonna for a monotype Water team. I'm gonna put that in the intro.
Heh heh heh...

EDIT2: Eh, I changed item of Slowbro but I perfer Tentacruel having Black Sludge in case of Trick Alakasam. Also I left Feraligatr's item to Splash Plate, because I don't want it taking damage.

EDIT3: Jeez, so many edits, either way, I don't want Earthquake because it'll damage something else on my team so unless I got Slowbro it'll probably faint unless it's Omastar. Also I only have one Manaphy and its nature is Naughty and I randomly leveled it up. (I was younger, and back then I thought levels were what mattered) =p Curse you luck! Why?!
*Facepalm* I forgot you were doing double battles when I said EQ on Feraligatr. Use Stone Edg efor the best coverage possible (you are walled by only Poliwrath). Anyways, put Muscle Band or Expert Belt on him (probably the former) so all moves are boosted rather than just Waterfall.

Second, Leftovers is the preferred item for dealing with Trick users. Black Sludge gives them something deadly to Trick to another team member.

Too bad about Manaphy. You can probably get a good one in the trade forum here, but otherwise either Phione will have to do or you'll need someone else.

And you're welcome.
__________________
URPG|VPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by .NJ
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
*Facepalm* I forgot you were doing double battles when I said EQ on Feraligatr. Use Stone Edg efor the best coverage possible (you are walled by only Poliwrath). Anyways, put Muscle Band or Expert Belt on him (probably the former) so all moves are boosted rather than just Waterfall.

Second, Leftovers is the preferred item for dealing with Trick users. Black Sludge gives them something deadly to Trick to another team member.

Too bad about Manaphy. You can probably get a good one in the trade forum here, but otherwise either Phione will have to do or you'll need someone else.

And you're welcome.
That's true, but I guess I'll just clone Leftovers then. (In Emerald of course) and since I don't really trust people on many forums *Cough* hacks *Cough* but Omastar has Anceintpower, but it's just that I don't want to leave any spots open for any Psychic types to come in and rip my team apart. I'll try Stone Edge and see how it works out. Anyways, I'm not sure if I already put it, but I'm gonna put an Expert Belt on Gatr. Thanks for your advice!
Heh heh heh...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914

Last edited by Yamirami; 06-17-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,144
Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
That's true, but I guess I'll just clone Leftovers then. (In Emerald of course) and since I don't really trust people on many forums *Cough* hacks *Cough* but Omastar has Anceintpower, but it's just that I don't want to leave any spots open for any Psychic types to come in and rip my team apart. I'll try Stone Edge and see how it works out. Anyways, I'm not sure if I already put it, but I'm gonna put an Expert Belt on Gatr. Thanks for your advice!
Heh heh heh...
I agree that there are certainly hackers on the forum, but not everyone is.

Anyways, Omastar still gets different coverage than Feraligatr due to using Water/Rock/Ground unlike Feraligatr's Water/Ice/Rock. You can even use Superpower or Brick Break if you don't mind being walled epically by Slowbro, but Stone Edge is better in my opinion.

I probably should have asked already...but who are you leading with? If not Omastar and Phione, then who are you using?

And you're welcome.
__________________
URPG|VPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by .NJ
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Sebastien Loeb's Avatar
Sebastien Loeb Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

He cannot exist a Rain Dance team without at least 3 Swift Swimmers, I would put a Qwilfish and a Floatzel in this team.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Loeb View Post
He cannot exist a Rain Dance team without at least 3 Swift Swimmers, I would put a Qwilfish and a Floatzel in this team.
Who said this was a rain dance team? But thanks for the advice anyways.
Heh heh heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
I agree that there are certainly hackers on the forum, but not everyone is.

Anyways, Omastar still gets different coverage than Feraligatr due to using Water/Rock/Ground unlike Feraligatr's Water/Ice/Rock. You can even use Superpower or Brick Break if you don't mind being walled epically by Slowbro, but Stone Edge is better in my opinion.

I probably should have asked already...but who are you leading with? If not Omastar and Phione, then who are you using?

And you're welcome.
I think I'll put different leads. It'll be either Omastar and Phione in double battles, but in a single battle it'll be Tentacruel (Toxic Spikes) then switch to Phione to Rain Dance, then Omastar. I guess I'll get rid of Stone Edge maybe but I'm not srue what to put in. Eh, I'll put in Superpower. Should I give him a White Herb? Or just Dragon dance the lowered attack?
Heh heh heh...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914

Last edited by Yamirami; 06-17-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,144
Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
Who said this was a rain dance team? But thanks for the advice anyways.
Heh heh heh



I think I'll put different leads. It'll be either Omastar and Phione in double battles, but in a single battle it'll be Tentacruel (Toxic Spikes) then switch to Phione to Rain Dance, then Omastar. I guess I'll get rid of Stone Edge maybe but I'm not srue what to put in. Eh, I'll put in Superpower. Should I give him a White Herb? Or just Dragon dance the lowered attack?
Heh heh heh...
Nah, White Herb isn't a very good item except for special circumstances, and you won't find yourself using Superpower very much anyways (or at least, I don't). Expert Belt will still be the item you want. By all means DD again if you get the chance, though I can't guarantee you will.

Beware of Swampy, Metagross, and Mamo leads when leading with Tenta.

And although I don't really see this team relying on Rain Dance as a central strategy, Sebastien Loeb is right that if you are using Rain Dance as your main strategy, you need more than 2 members benefitting from it.
__________________
URPG|VPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by .NJ
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
Nah, White Herb isn't a very good item except for special circumstances, and you won't find yourself using Superpower very much anyways (or at least, I don't). Expert Belt will still be the item you want. By all means DD again if you get the chance, though I can't guarantee you will.

Beware of Swampy, Metagross, and Mamo leads when leading with Tenta.

And although I don't really see this team relying on Rain Dance as a central strategy, Sebastien Loeb is right that if you are using Rain Dance as your main strategy, you need more than 2 members benefitting from it.
Well I think I'll add Brick Break or Crunch. Eh, I'll see how Brick Break does and if I don't like it then I'll just switch to Superpower. Anyways, it's pretty hard adding another Swift Swimmer without another important Pokémon being taken away. I'll see what I can do...
Heh heh heh...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Chanterlad's Avatar
Chanterlad Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Hey Fearless Leader

It loks good but have you considered a Floatzel? They have swift Swim adn can be really potent physical sweepers if they have a life orb b/c they can run some very good sets like:

Floatzel@Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
Aqua Tail
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Crunch/Pursuit

Max speed of this set=658=win
__________________
My logic beats your Arceus any day...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,144
Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanterlad View Post
Hey Fearless Leader

It loks good but have you considered a Floatzel? They have swift Swim adn can be really potent physical sweepers if they have a life orb b/c they can run some very good sets like:

Floatzel@Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
Aqua Tail
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Crunch/Pursuit

Max speed of this set=658=win
If you use a Floatzel, use Waterfall>Aqua Tail due to the perfect accuracy. 15 base power isn't going to make too much of a difference in the rain where everything is superpowered.
__________________
URPG|VPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by .NJ
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: RMT: Deadly Seas (A Water Type Team for Pure Enjoyment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
If you use a Floatzel, use Waterfall>Aqua Tail due to the perfect accuracy. 15 base power isn't going to make too much of a difference in the rain where everything is superpowered.
Eh, I'll think about it. I may get rid of Gatr for Float, but then again... I'll just think about it after i finish my REAL team, and I've only gt 2 more pokes to go, then to work on this team!
Heh heh heh...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com