Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Individual RP: Dragoness

It’s early morning when Ranger Jess goes to open the National Park for the day. She normally doesn’t open so early, but today feels like a great day and she’s anxious to start letting Trainers in. When she goes into the Registration Office through the back door, she flips on the lights and hurries to the front door. She’s not surprised to find someone already waiting outside.

“Good morning!” Jess exclaims cheerfully after unlocking and opening the door. She then steps aside to let the young woman enter the small building, waving to the counter as she bows her head in greeting. “Please sign in there, if you wouldn’t mind. List your name and the Pokemon you’ll be bringing, along with any items you have. Then we can get going! Ah, I should tell you that normally Trainers decide what area they want to visit each time, but today we have a nifty little event going on. Once you get signed in I’ll randomly pick what area we’ll go to.”

After the Trainer signs in, Ranger Jess goes over the form. “Ah, so you go by Dragoness and you’re bringing your Gabite and Gyarados with you today. You’ve got some items too, that’s good. Hopefully you won’t need them, but it always pays to be prepared!” Jess then heads around the counter and boots up a computer. Once it’s fully started, she brings up a die-rolling program and rolls for what area Dragoness will be visiting. When she gets a number she matches it to a list she was given the night before. “Ah, we’ll be going to Mount Deckbi today! I hope you’re up to a bit of climbing!”

Ranger Jess motions for Dragoness to follow her, and they head out back. There are small vehicles that look like golf carts parked in neat rows several yards away. They are cream colored with the National Park’s logo on both sides; a PokeBall with a white block letter “N” on the top and a red block letter “P” on the bottom. After the two get in, Jess drives them for about twenty minutes. As they drive, Mount Deckbi rises in the distance. The mountain is actually an active volcano, and at the moment it is spewing a cloud of dark gray ash into the air. The mountain is a dark red-brown color; the rocky expanse of ground ringing the mountain is bare and strewn with dull gray boulders. Scraggly bushes grow in the weak soil, their branches bare of leaves. There’s a crude but traversable path spiraling around the volcano, and hundreds of caves cover the mountainside. As they pull to a stop, several Pokemon scurry around as they go about their morning business.

“Here we are,” Jess says as she parks the cart, turns off the engine, and hops out. She puts her hands on her hips and tilts her head back. “Mount Deckbi! If you’re lucky you might find a Charizard or an Arcanine or something like that. Whenever you’re ready, we’ll start on up.”

///

Trainer Stats:

Trainer: Dragoness

Money: 0,050

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 15

Pokemon Stats:
-Hardy Female Gabite (No EMs, Sand Veil Ability) 100%
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 100%

Total Items: x2 Full Heal ; x2 Hyper Potion ; x5 Park Balls ; x3 Super Balls ; x1 Hyper Ball

Total Captured Pokemon: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: Individual RP: Dragoness

.:OOC:.That is a very odd post Shadow...right in the middle of the RP too :P lol
---

:.IC.:
"I kinda prefer to be called Dragon, actually," I smiled at Jess. "I usually go by the name Dragoness because that is my fighting name--I am a student of the fighting arts. The school I went to gave all of their students appropiate names when they graduated and mine was Dragoness. Since my profession often uses that name, I just became used to either that or Dragon."

Leaning back into the soft seat of the golf-cart, I decided not to mention to Jess that to be called a mythical creature meant you were the very best at what you did. To be honest, there was little that I was extremely good at, but I felt no need to boast unless the Ranger asked more about me. Besides that, who wants to be constantly reminded of what they do every day? Working as a teacher for the local Poke'Police, being a full-time detective and occasionally entering into competitions was fine, if exhausting. I loved every minute of it. Still, lately I feel as if I am missing something--but what? It was like I had the perfect puzzle laid out, but one piece of it was missing and I couldn't find it!

Enough! You are here to have fun. Relaxing a little will help you think more clearly, I firmly told myself. With that mindset, I climbed out of the golf-cart and looked at the mountain of Deckbi. It was actually pretty, if a bit barren. The dark smoke didn't make it hard to breath--or at least not for me and while the ground contained no real vegetation, except for tuffs and scraps of grass here and there, it was nice. The red soil of the ground stood out to me and the volcanos gurgling was soothing. The sun shone down, the skies were a perfect blue and a very light wind breezed past me.

Looking over at Jess, I smiled a little. I didn't know what the Ranger was thinking, but if I interpreted her facial features correctly, than I would guess she thought the place looked ugly. Everyone has a different opinion, I thought to myself with a mental shrug. Walking over to a large boulder not to far from the golf-cart, I leaned against it, taking in the sights below the mountain. I thought I heard a slight rasp of movement behind the boulder, but when I looked, nothing was there.

"You mentioned Arcanines eariler. They are cool, my starter Pokemon, Growly, is one of them. Although I have never met a Charizard," I called out to her. "Do you wanns start up now?" I asked before giving her a chance to respond to my previous statement. Glancing to my sides, I shivered a little. It felt like something was watching me. But what? Or whom? Maybe a Pokemon, maybe not.

Last edited by Dragoness; 06-16-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: The war against typos continues...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

"You mentioned Arcanines eariler. They are cool, my starter Pokemon, Growly, is one of them. Although I have never met a Charizard," the Trainer replied. Jess watched her standing by a large boulder, bobbing her head at Dragon's words. She had owned an Arcanine once, but the regal dog had fallen ill some time ago. Jess had turned him out to pasture, so to speak, and now the middle-aged Pokemon lived out his life in leisure at the Pokemon Lab in Kanto.

"Well, the Arcanine are fine as long as you don't bother their pups. Some of them are even kind of friendly. The Charizard are a bit more temperamental, though. Thankfully, they live solitary lives most of the time. I doubt they'll give us any trouble, but they won't be very inviting, either."

"Do you wanna start up now?" Dragon asked after Jess fell silent, and the Ranger nodded with a faint smile.

"Sure, let's go see what's out and about this morning." The young woman headed over to the volcano's base and stepped on the trail that wound up the monument. Just as she put her foot down, she heard a sort of scraping sound coming from near Dragon. It sounded like claws scrabbling over dirt. The Ranger cocked her head and slowly went to join the Trainer she was taking through the Park. As she walked, the scratching sound grew stronger and more steady. Then, with only a sudden bulge as warning, a small explosion of earth showered both Trainer and Ranger with gritty dirt strewn through with tiny pebbles. Jess yelped as she threw up an arm to protect her eyes from the dirt and stinging pebbles, peering under it to see the head and shoulders of a little Sandshrew sticking out of the ground. The yellow shrew wiggled its triangle-shaped ears and faced Dragon with some unreadable expression in its black eyes.

"Oh...so that's what was making that noise," Jess said after a moment, dropping her arm to her side and smiling at the little Pokemon. "These guys usually live in the volcano's cave network...I wonder what it's doing out here?" At that moment, the shrew gave an angry-sounding squeak and popped out of the hole it had made, landing a few feet from Dragon. Its short, tubby hunkered over as it dug the three little white claws on its paws into the dry dirt, and its stubby tail was standing stiffly upright. It was obviously not happy.

"Oh dear...Dragon, you might want to send out one of your Pokemon. I think that, for some reason, this Sandshrew is itching for a battle!"

///

Trainer Stats:

Trainer: Dragon

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 100%

Total Items: x2 Full Heal ; x2 Hyper Potion ; x5 Park Balls ; x3 Super Balls ; x1 Hyper Ball

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Dragoness Offline

Staring down at the little creature in front of me, I gasped. He was a beautiful Pokemon with golden scales covering his dog-like body. Emerald eyes stared out at me from above a little brown nose. He made both mammel and reptile work together. Slightly tense looking to me, his sweet green eyes glared into my blue ones.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked him slowly. Remembering Jesses statement eariler about how Sandshrews were not supposed to be close by, I looked carefully over this one. Any signs of abuse that would cause him to run away were not seen to my naked eye.

As Jess suggested, I pulled out one the Poke'Balls from inside my slick jeans. It was Gabite. About to send him out, I paused. A Ground vs. Ground battle could take forever. Putting the ball back in my pocket, I instead pulled out another ball from my silky light-blue T-shirt. Inside this ball was my trusty Larry. Calmer than a needle falling into a pond, I released him from his ball in a flurry of purple light.

The mighty Gyarados landed about two feet from the Sandshrew. Letting out a roar, Larry looked back at me. "Sweetie, I need a short battle. I don't want that poor Pokemon to faint, but I need him knocked down a bit."

Larry nodded, his dark blue and gold scales shimmering in the light. Twitching his whiskers, he smiled at the Sandshrew, revealing all of his teeth from his large mouth.

Long ago I had decided that if wild Pokemon would attack me without giving any warning as to what attack they were going to use, I would do the same. Instead of giving the name of the different attacks, I taught my Pokemon different words or signals for them. I used one of them now. "Hi-Hi, not to hard though," I told Larry. Hi-Hi stood for Hydro Pump.

Opening his mouth again, Larry took a deep breath and released a stream of white and blue water at the Sandshrew.

Last edited by Dragoness; 06-16-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: I think I did alright :P
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Jess watched as Dragon released her Gyarados after a moment's hesitation. When the giant blue sea serpent materialized, Dragon wasted no time in getting down to business.

"Sweetie, I need a short battle. I don't want that poor Pokemon to faint, but I need him knocked down a bit," the Trainer called to her Pokemon, who in turn grinned down at the little Sandshrew. The latter was looking rather intimidated by the large size of its opponent, and the sight of the Gyarados' huge fangs didn't do much to bolster the shrew's courage. However, the Pokemon was anything but a coward. It glared at the Gyarados and tensed its body, preparing for a tough battle.

"Hi-Hi, not to hard though," Dragon said next. Jess scowled in confusion as she flicked her eyes to Gyarados, wanting to see what this Hi-Hi was. It was obviously some sort of code, and Jess nodded in approval. It was hard to dodge a move or come up with a counterstrike when one didn't know what kind of attack was coming. When the Gyarados opened its gaping maw and sucked in a deep breath, Jess felt certain she knew what was coming. The next second Gyarados fired a torrent of flowing blue-and-white water. It was clearly a Hydro Pump, but one that was lacking in strength.

Sandshrew stared at the water for a split second before leaping forward, trying to dodge under the attack. However, the small shrew was just a second too slow in moving, so the attack ended up clipping the Ground Pokemon on the back. Wincing from the cold and the feel of water touching it in general, the Sandshrew gathered itself before leaping at the monstrous Pokemon before it. The little thing, never having battled a Gyarados before, didn't know its foe had super-hard scales. It pulled back a paw as it flew through the air, a purplish tinge appearing around its claws as it prepared a Poison Sting attack.

///

Battle Statistics:

FIRST ENCOUNTER

-Gyarados: 100%
-Sandshrew: 77.30%

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 100% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Dragoness Offline

I raised an eyebrow as the shrewd sand-like Pokemon made a shot at dodging Larry's Hydro Pump. It looked only mildly scuffed up, making me wonder whether I should just have Larry slam it with a fully charged attack again or not.

There was no time to waste though. The wild Pokemon was clearly intelligent and quick, for he was already starting an attack. Mildly surprised, I watched as he pulled back his razor sharp claws and started at my Gyarados. Larry can be hurt and those claws are sharp, but does this Shrew really realize how tough a Gyarados' scales are? I mean, I have seen Gravlers hurl rocks at Larry that have bounced off with barely a scratch, I thought. Just than I noticed that Sandshrew's paws were glowing a light violet--clear signs of a possible poison attack.

"Larry! I trust you know what to do!" I called out. "Dodge that attack! The poison probably won't get to your skin, but no taking chances! After that, use your favorite water attack."

Larry looked back at me with a smirk. He knew his favorite water attack was Hydro Pump. Letting out a roar, he started to move his agile snake body to the side. Snakes can move very fast, as can Larry, even with his heavier weight.

Just at that moment, a slight screech from above made me look up. The light hit my eyes, blinding me for a second. When I could see clearly, I noticed no Pokemon above me. Odd, were my only thoughts, as I quickly rubbed the light specks out of my eyes to see clearly. I had been distracted and did not know how well Larry's dodge and Hydro Pump had gone. I was sure Larry was focused though--he is such a calm Pokemon that I was doubtful that a little screech would bother him at all.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

"Larry! I trust you know what to do!" Dragon called to her Pokemon as the little Sandshrew hurtled through the air towards its foe."Dodge that attack! The poison probably won't get to your skin, but no taking chances! After that, use your favorite water attack." Once again, the Trainer was being vague in her commands. Jess smiled as she folded her arms over her chest, wondering if all of Gyarados' moves had code-names and such. It would be interesting to see just what they were called, if that was the case.

Gyarados began gyrating his large, serpentine body with a roar. Just as Sandshrew was close enough to attack, Gyarados swung under the shrew and completely avoided the Poison Sting attack. Sandshrew gave a startled yelp as it continued to fly through the air. Gyarados shifted his body and twisted his head around, releasing what was clearly a full-power Hydro Pump. Fortunately for Sandshrew, it's unspent momentum was carrying it faster than Larry had thought. Only Sandshrew's rear end was struck by the bullet of water, but it was enough to flip the smaller Pokemon over several times. The little thing was tough, though, and curled itself into a ball just before hitting the ground. The moment it struck the hard earth it started to spin. Faster and faster it moved, until it was nothing but a golden blur. Then it shot forwards, moving so quickly it was almost impossible to follow. Jess gasped in surprise, never having seen such a fast and strong Rollout from a Sandshrew before.

///

Battle Statistics:

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Gyarados: 100%
Sandshrew: 39.14%

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 100% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Dragoness Offline

When I could finally see clearly, a grin spread across my face. Larry had shoved his massive blue body to the side, making the little Sandshrew zoom past him in a flurry of yellow arms, legs and tail. I had to give props to the Sand Pokemon though--he kept his senses about him. He had curled himself up into a tight ball. It seemed to soften the impact, but that was not the shrewd Shrew's only reason for becoming a golden bowling ball. He twisted himself around and started what appeared to be a Rollout towards Larry.

"Larry, you're already turned so your left side is directly in front of that Pokemon. When he gets close, just lift your tail up and push yourself up so very little of you is touching the ground." I paused for less than a second, rapidly deciding what to do next. "If he seems determined though, than remember I don't want him to faint. Just use your tail to smack him...be careful though, as his speed may harm you." Larry nodded at this and quickly began adjusting himself to avoid the attack as best he could.

I did not order my sweet Water-Dragon friend to attack, except for possibly hitting the Sandshrew with his tail if he could not avoid it by simply lifting nearly his whole body high into the air--you'd be surprised by how well a Gyarados can balance on only a few feet of its snake-like body. And even though the Shrew was moving very fast, I can honestly say that the great weight of a Gyarados was probably going to be enough that the Sandshrew would not knock Larry off-balance...I fervently hoped so anyway.

As for the reason why I suggested Larry avoid more than attack, it was because I planned on trying to catch the Pokemon. I couldn't see how badly hurt he was, but I knew it was worth a shot to try and catch him now. With this in mind I started to run after the blur--I did not expect to catch up with the wild Sandshrew, but I at least got more than halfway to Larry. "Shrew! I don't know whats wrong with you," I called out to him. I had found over the years that talking to a wild Pokemon before just throwing a ball at it was usually very effective. "I know something is amiss...let me bring you home with me. Larry can tall you, I take care of my Pokemon friends." Larry let out an agreeing yell at this.

Continuing on, I spoke again, "Come with me. The Poke'Ball isn't bad, at least I don't think so. You're feel better in it and I can let you out afterwords, though you probably won't be able to help defend us as you're getting weak. Some Pokemon prefer to be wild and I respect that, but others don't. Tell me, which do you prefer?" I hollered this at the speeding ball of scales that was the tough Sandshrew. "At least let me help you, if I can't bring you home...please. I don't like seeing other people badly upset and I could tell before you attacked us that you were hurting. I've had Larry take it fairly easy on you, but this can't keep going on." I stopped yelling for a second, crossed my fingers and waited for the Pokemon's reply.

OOC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness
...shrewd Shrew's...
Sorry, but I just felt like pointing that out...for some reason, it made me laugh =)

Last edited by Dragoness; 06-22-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: I just wanna say that you’re doing a pretty nice job, but I want to remind you that you can use you environment to make things even better. ^^

///

IC: It didn’t take Dragon long to come up with a plan of action. The Sandshrew’s clever tactics didn’t distract her, and more importantly, Larry, for too awfully long. Jess was pleased that her charge seemed to be handling things pretty well, for her first time visiting the Park.

"Larry, you're already turned so your left side is directly in front of that Pokemon. When he gets close, just lift your tail up and push yourself up so very little of you is touching the ground." When Dragon paused to think, it was for less time than it took to draw a breath. Jess was surprised at how quickly Dragon seemed capable of coming with ideas. "If he seems determined though, than remember I don't want him to faint. Just use your tail to smack him...be careful though, as his speed may harm you." Once she was done giving her orders, her Pokemon nodded and began to adjust his massive body as best as he could. While he writhed around, Dragon did something that took Jess completely by surprise: She started running after the spinning Sandshrew, yelling at it as she went.

"Shrew! I don't know what’s wrong with you. I know something is amiss...let me bring you home with me. Larry can tall you, I take care of my Pokemon friends." As he continued twisting and raising his hulking serpentine frame onto his tail, Larry let out an intimidating roar of agreement. After this, Dragon continued with her speech. “Come with me. The PokeBall isn't bad, at least I don't think so. You're feel better in it and I can let you out afterwards, though you probably won't be able to help defend us as you're getting weak. Some Pokemon prefer to be wild and I respect that, but others don't. Tell me, which do you prefer? At least let me help you, if I can't bring you home...please. I don't like seeing other people badly upset and I could tell before you attacked us that you were hurting. I've had Larry take it fairly easy on you, but this can't keep going on.” With that, Dragon fell silent.

“I’m not sure if chasing after a Wild Pokemon while it’s in the middle of an attack is such a good idea,” Jess called worriedly. “I have to say, that was a very nice speech you gave…but do you have to run after Sandshrew? If it changes directions or something, it could hit you instead!” Jess reached into a pocket and drew out an Ultra Ball, which differed from a PokeBall in that the top was black instead of red. There was a large, upside-down yellow ‘U’ on the top, too. Jess tossed the Ball, and when it opened a brilliant flash of white light burst forth. Once the glare faded, Jess’ Starmie stood in front of her. The purple starfish was roughly five feet tall and had ten arms, five of which made up a separate star on its back. It had a large, pulsing red gem in the center of its arms, and around the faceted jewel was a thin golden band. Ten strips extended a few inches from the band, aligning with Starmie’s ten arms. The star on Starmie’s back spun so quick it looked like a blur.

“GemShine, if that Sandshrew looks like it’s gonna aim for Dragon, use a Reflect to protect her,” Jess ordered. Starmie bowed its top arm and gave a soft, musical trill, spinning into the air and going to hover over Dragon as she chased after Sandshrew. Who, it seemed, either hadn’t heard Dragon’s speech or was ignoring her. Jess was willing to bet that with its head, and consequently its ears, tucked under the rest of it, coupled with the speed at which it was moving, the shrew had most likely been deaf to everything Dragon had just said. It continued hurtling towards Larry, who had lifted most of his giant body into the air.

It seemed like Sandshrew was going to careen right past the sea-serpent, especially when it reached Larry and continued to spin by beneath him. However, it suddenly came out of its Rollout and used its momentum to fly forward. It ended up smacking into Larry’s tail, looking winded from the blow. It managed to keep its wits about it, though, using its sharp little claws to grip the scales on Larry’s tail. It then scuttled up Larry’s tail onto the level portion of the serpent’s body before curling up and spinning once more, this time traveling quickly across Larry’s long frame. The shrew was moving differently this time, and Jess could spot the subtle differences that meant this move was Rapid Spin.

Even though Larry tried to dislodge Sandshrew, the smaller Pokemon was an expert at remaining balanced. It continued spinning until it reached Larry’s head, at which point it stopping spinning and jumped at the back of the larger Pokemon’s head. It raised both paws, and Jess could barely make out the metallic sheen covering all of the shrew’s claws. It was getting ready to use a speed-strengthened Metal Claw, and even though Gyarados had super-hard scales, Jess was certain Larry would feel some hurt if the attacks hit.

///

Battle Statistics:

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Gyarados: 95%
Sandshrew: 35.14%

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 95% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

///

OOC: Sandshrew’s flying air-tackle attack did 5% damage to itself and to Gyarados, since it was moving at such high speed when it struck. Keep up the good work and you might catch yourself a Sandshrew. And lol, it’s technically supposed to be a “mouse”, but it’s called SandSHREW, not SandMOUSE lol. I dunno, I just can’t think of it as a mouse.

Oh, and “shrewd Shrew” is kinda funny, actually. *Gigglesnorts.*

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: Thank you for reminding me about the environment. I think I'll start using it now And yeah, I don't really fancy calling poor Sandshrew a little 'ole mouse...unless mice are known to have extremely sharp claws, stand a few feet high and have very thick, scale-like skin o.O I don't even see them being related, except for general shape...
-
IC:
-
Larry let out a snarl of anger as the wild Pokemon dug into his thick scales with force and speed. It didn't hurt Larry much, but it left a mark on him--multiple long and sometimes deep scratches on his soft blue and gold scales. The Sandshrew finally stopped at the top of Larry's head, drawing out evil looking claws that shined as if made of metal.

"You're taking this to far," I called out to the Shrew. "You attacked us and this is the end. Larry, you know how to best get rid of him. After you do, slam a gentle Snookerdoodle on him." Even though I felt a mild amount anger flowing through my veins at this little creature, I grinned. Snookerdoodle was my Jolteon, a rather sassy Pokemon. I had even named Larry's Bite attack after her, all because she had once sank in her razor sharp fangs into my arm while pissed off at me one night.

I tried to remember that the poor sand Pokemon was probably injured to be acting so and thus anger at him would not help the problem. It started to work too. I felt the anger slowing, my heart stopped beatingso fast and my fists unclenched themselves.

Meanwhile, Larry had quickly rolled over to a large rock nearby. The rock had to be sticking out of the ground by at least five feet, its jagged looking edges thrusting upward like the peak of a tiny mountain. Laying his head on the rock, Larry started rubbing the back of his neck and head on the rock--right at the area where the Sandshrew was. I didn't see if the little sand Pokemon had fallen off, but I did see Larry open his large red mouth, exposing his massive teeth. It was a grin! Larry liked scratching his neck against the rough rock--he liked to do it at home and it probably wouldn't hurt him through his scales at all.

Remembering what Ranger Jess had been saying about running up to the Shrew, I turned around to face her. The first thing that caught my attention was a star-shaped Pokemon. Colored a deep plum, it had ten graceful arms. Thin strips of gold colored material led each arm to a large red gem at its center.

"Pretty Pokemon," I told Jess with a nod to the Starmie. "As for running after Sandshrew--well, I have my ways of protecting myself. I've studied the arts of self-defense for years. It may seem like bragging," I swallowed a little at this sentence. I hated bragging! "But its not. I have fought Pokemon by hand before. Not to beat them, but to slow them down long enough so I can run or so I can summon a friend's help. Oh and if I needed to slow that Shrew down without touching him, well look around you! There are rocks everywhere over this rough, dry land. Even if a smaller one," I stooped and picked up a small rock the size of my fist, "Even if it bounced off the Sandshrew, I could easily run and leap onto that boulder there--or wait for the Shew to get only a hair away from me and leap up so it ran into the boulder. Or call another Pokemon. I am taking a chance, but if I got hurt, you can honestly say you tried to help. You're a very good Ranger to be looking out for me and while I may have gotten hurt, I know how to leap out of the way and when to get help...I hope I do anyway." I smiled at Jess and her sweet Water Pokemon before pulling a large Super Ball from my pocket. I than turned around to see whether Larry had attacked with Bite yet or not.

Last edited by Dragoness; 06-28-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Nobody came to post, so I figured I would add a little detail...
Old 06-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: I think congratulations are in order, even if they are a bit premature XD.

///

IC: Larry seemed irritated by Sandshrew running on his body, snarling loudly as the little yellow Pokemon darted along the length of his massive form. As the shrew got ready to use its Metal Claw attack, it seemed as if Dragon had had enough. It was Jess’ job to read the emotions and body language of Trainers to ensure they weren’t getting overly frustrated when running across the various Pokemon of the Park. When Dragon spoke, Jess could hear the irritation in her voice.

"You're taking this to far," she called out to the little Pokemon. "You attacked us and this is the end. Larry, you know how to best get rid of him. After you do, slam a gentle Snookerdoodle on him." She then gave a sort of tight smile, and as Jess watched her, something in the Trainer shifted. Her body relaxed and her hands, which had been balled into fists, unclenched. Some thought or another must have caused her to calm down, and for that Jess was grateful. Sometimes she had to escort overly agitated Trainers out of the Park, if it seemed they might let their anger get the better of them and do something extreme.

Now Jess switched her attention to Dragon’s Gyarados, who was scratching his neck and the back of head against a jagged spear of stone several dozen paces away. It wasn’t long before his gaping maw opened in a blissful grin; apparently enjoying the sensation. Jess wondered if maybe he hadn’t gotten distracted by the rubbing, but then the serpent shifted his body and gave a particularly hearty rub. Jess saw a flash of yellow scales glinting in the sun as Sandshrew was knocked off, tumbling through the air and landing on the ground in a stunned heap.

"Pretty Pokemon," Dragon said, and Jess looked over at her with a blink. "As for running after Sandshrew--well, I have my ways of protecting myself. I've studied the arts of self-defense for years. It may seem like bragging," she looked a little irritated by this possibility, "but its not. I have fought Pokemon by hand before. Not to beat them, but to slow them down long enough so I can run or so I can summon a friend's help. Oh and if I needed to slow that Shrew down without touching him, well look around you! There are rocks everywhere over this rough, dry land. Even if a smaller one," I stooped and picked up a small rock the size of my fist, "Even if it bounced off the Sandshrew, I could easily run and leap onto that boulder there--or wait for the Shrew to get only a hair away from me and leap up so it ran into the boulder. Or call another Pokemon. I am taking a chance, but if I got hurt, you can honestly say you tried to help. You're a very good Ranger to be looking out for me and while I may have gotten hurt, I know how to leap out of the way and when to get help...I hope I do anyway."

“Pokemon are, for the most part, as intelligent as you and I. However, they’re still wild creatures, with the unpredictable nature of a wild creature. You can never really be sure how they’ll react to a situation. Things can happen in the blink of an eye and change in the span of a heartbeat. No matter how much control you think you have over a situation, there’s always the chance of it not going how you planned. You may think you have time to call out a Pokemon, to grab a rock as a projectile weapon to defend yourself with. But many Pokemon can learn attacks that happen faster than a human can see, like Quick Attack. Or they can use their own projectile attack like Bullet Seed. You may find you have no time to call out that Pokemon or find a suitable rock.” Jess paused her lecture and shook her head. She hated to sound patronizing, but she wanted to make sure Dragon understood. Most Pokemon could react faster than any human and were tougher, too. Jess wanted to make sure the Trainer kept in mind that even a Sandshrew could be dangerous and unpredictable. It could have dug underground and attacked her from below before she had a chance to realize what was going on. It was never a good idea to think one could outthink a Wild Pokemon. At this moment, GemShine came down to stand on the ground to Jess’ left side.

“And thanks, you know, for saying that. About me being a good Ranger, I mean. I try my best to look out for human and Pokemon alike. It’s my job, after all. And I hope I didn’t offend you just now, with everything I’ve said. I’m sure you’re good at watching after yourself. Trainers have to be good at it. I just really want to make sure nothing happens to you. That’s why I sent out GemShine here, just in case things got hairy. She’s been specially trained to use her Light Screen and Reflect moves to protect Trainers. In regular cases those moves only reduce an attack’s strength by half, but GemShine’s moves act just like Protect. Specialized, of course, but it’s the best that could be done. GemShine can’t learn Protect, for some reason, but it’s no matter. And yes, she’s a very pretty Pokemon, thanks.” GemShine inclined her top arm as her gem pulsed and flashed with various colors; she was clearly pleased with what was being said.

Then a sharp yelp reminded Jess of the battle at hand. Feeling mortified for having been so thoroughly distracted, Jess fixated her attention back on the two Pokemon a few yards away. Larry had the Sandshrew in his huge jaws; the smaller shrew would have easily fit in Larry’s mouth even if he were several times bigger. Even from here, though, Jess could see the hulking Gyarados was greatly restraining himself in delivering his Bite attack. The sudden realization that this must be a Snookerdoodle made Jess snort in a sudden fit of laughter.

“Snookerdoodle?” she asked Dragon. “What on earth gave you that idea?” Before Dragon could answer, there came a short bellow from Larry, Refocusing on the large Pokemon, Jess saw a tiny yellow ball go flying out of the Gyarados’ jaws. Sandshrew, it seemed, had used Rollout or Rapid Spin to get free from Larry’s mouth. The Gyarados must not have liked the sensation of spinning scales on his tongue and lips, and that was why he’d roared as he had.

When Sandshrew landed a moment later, it rolled around for a second before uncurling and standing. It looked weak and unsteady, and Jess noticed it’s ears were pinned against its head. It was tired and uncertain, and Jess already knew what was going to do before it did it. When the shrew suddenly turned, dropped to all fours, and started tottering away, she was unsurprised. She wasn’t about it let it get away, though. Not only would Dragon’s hard work go to waste, but if the Pokemon needed help it wouldn’t get it if it escaped.

“We can’t let it get away,” Jess muttered, not wanting to speak so loud that Sandshrew would hear her. She watched it reach the base of the mountain and start going up the trail.

///

Battle Statistics:

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Gyarados: 95%
Sandshrew: 18.09%

///

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:

Pokemon Stats:
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 95% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

///

OOC: Whewt lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: Ty for the premature 'grats :) lol. Btw, will it hurt my "grade" in the Park if I switch to third person? (with warning and in separate posts)
~
IC:

Turning around to face Jess, I started to tell her that no, I was not offended by her talk--I could see where she was coming from as I have told the exact same thing to new Trainers before. I felt my pale face turn slightly pink as I remembered that yes, it was possible it could happen to me. Even than, I still feel it probably won't--some Pokemon can very slow, especially if they are hurt, as the Sandshrew is. As the words started to come from my small mouth, I was interrupted when a deep roar drew my attention to behind me. Wheeling around, I saw who had made the noise and why. My dear Larry had knocked the Sand Pokemon down, sending him flying onto the hard ground in a tumble of yellow legs. Slowly picking himself up, Sandshrew glared around, his ears pinned back, then ran.

"No!" I hissed to nobody in particular. I was still annoyed with that little runt and besides, he needed medical care one way or another. I glanced at Jess for a second, wandering what the Ranger was doing. She seemed to be concerned about the Shrew as well, her eyes following the wild Pokemon intensely.

"Jess, I am going to attempt to capture it if I can," I whispered over to the pretty girl. Glancing at Larry, I called for him to follow me if the Shrew attacked--at least Jess wouldn't complain that I put myself in danger if Larry were to be closeby. Then I started over to the Shrew as it slowly began climbing the spindly trail that reached up the looming mountain.

The Shrew, huffing and puffing up the mountain, looked rather tired as I reached it. I wasn't an expert Ranger or Pokemon Caretaker, so I could be wrong, but I knew from experience that without a doubt this Pokemon was unhappy and hurt. Turning around, I saw Larry closing in on me. "Stay to the side. You can still protect me from that distance with your long range attacks," I called out softly. Larry nodded, keeping his large body ten yards away--an attack most likely wouldn't damage the Shrew very much from that distance, but a Hydro Pump would still stop it, should it come to that.

"Sandshrew!" I called out, keeping my eyes on him as I felt the Regular Park Ball in my hand. Running my fingers over its smooth, navy blue surface, I spoke again. "Please, I know you are hurt, angry and upset, but I can help you. The Poke'Balls can comfort you--not totally heal you, but they can stop the pain until you get into a Poke'Center. From what I understand, it is kinda like going to sleep for a while. You can decide, but think about it, please!" Looking into the Pokemon's small, beady eyes, I saw pain there, so much that it shocked me. My eyes widened and I felt a tear slip out.

Something is bothering this Pokemon, though I do not know what, I will find out, I promised myself as I brushed away a piece of dark blue hair from my round face. I then pulled back my left arm and threw the Park Ball at Sandshrew. Watching the Ball slowly revolve in the air, tossing off light from its shiny surface like the gem it was, I bit my lip. Hoping again hope that the Shrew would accept the Park Ball, I bit harder, not feeling any pain as the Ball shot out a stream of glittering pale blue light, sucking the Shrew in. Than the Ball fell to the ground, spinning around rapidly as it attempted to keep the wild Pokemon in it.
--

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-05-2009 at 09:23 PM.