Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Traipez Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Traipez
Default Future Fire Red Team

Im getting Fire Red, and Im planning this team. I would love if you would use a couple of minutes to rate it :)

Here we go:

Charizard @ Charcoal
Flamethrower
Fly
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Soft Sand?
Eartquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide

Vileplume @ Miracle Seed
Pedal Dance
Aromatheapy
Sleep Powder
SludgeBomb

Umbreom @ ???
Wish (breeding)
Faint Attack
Moonlight
Confuse Ray

Pikachu @ Magnet/Light Ball
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Rain Dance
???

Vaporeon @ Mystic Water
Ice Beam
Surf
Haze
Acid Armor

OR:

Lapras @ Mystic Water
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Thunder

Please rate it :)
Old 04-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Re: Future Fire Red Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traipez
Im getting Fire Red, and Im planning this team. I would love if you would use a couple of minutes to rate it :)

Here we go:

Charizard @ Leftovers
150 Speed, 252 Attack, 108 HP
+Attack-Special Attack (Adamant)
Dragon Dance
Heat Wave
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Same EVs as Charizard
+Attack-Special Attack nature (Adamant)
Eartquake
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Rock Slide

Vileplume @ Leftovers
252 HP, 129 SAtk, 129 SDef
+SDef-Attack nature
Moonlight
Aromatheapy
Sleep Powder
Razor Leaf

Umbreom @ Lum Berry
252 HP, 180 SDef, 78 Defense
+Def-Attack nature
Wish
Protect
Moonlight
Toxic

Pikachu @/Light Ball
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
+Speed-Attack nature (Timid)
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Rain Dance
Hidden Power:Water/Grass or Protect

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
252 HP, 170 SAtk, 88 SDef
+SDef-Attack nature
Ice Beam/Protect
Surf
Haze/Wish
Rest

OR:

Lapras @ Leftovers
Same EVs as Vaporeon
+SAtk-Attack nature (Modest)
Rest
Ice Beam
Sleep Talk
Thunderbolt

The only time you should use any type-boosting berries is to make sure VERY high attack-power Pogiez can do that extra bit to OHKO things, like Moltres:

Fire Blast (120 base damage)xSTAB (1.5)xSunny Day (1.5)xCharcoal (1.1)=pwnt

Please rate it :)
Old 04-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket

Charizard - I prefer Aerial Ace and Overheat over Heat Wave and Rock Slide for power though. Dragon Dance is a great sweeping move, but Belly Drum can max it's Attack once. Belly Drum is pretty risky though, due to the sacrifice of HP, and Charizard isn't the fastest and robust pogey around. Swords Dance may be the best choice; two Attacks up with one move, with no sacrifice of HP. DD, SD, and BD all have their pros and con, they are all good. If you're going with DD, I prefer Liechi Berry. If SD or BD, go with Salac Berry. As for Physical Sweepers, I use the pretty standard 6/252/0/252/0/0, but dunno if it's the best. He does need as much Speed as it can get though. I think it should have a Jolly Nature as well.

Tyranitar - I have Taunt over Crunch. Tyranitar aren't as fast as Gyarados, but is certainly faster than some of the commonly used Annoyers that annihilate Dragon Dancers. I also suggest the same EVs and Nature as Charizard, since they are both used for Physical Sweeping.

Vileplume - Too unexperienced to comment. IMO, Vileplume isn't needed. It's not the greatest Healers, and Healers aren't really needed IMO. I think most people are going with force rather than annoyance.

Umbreon - This pogey would prolly be the best Baton Passer ever, mainly because it's robust body and the ability to pass Mean Look. I would also insert Wish and Substitute which can be a great asset to the Receiver. I think the standard EP distro for Sponges like Umbreon is 252/0/129/0/0/129, and I think that's the best way to go.

Pikachu - I guess Kholdstaire's set works best here. Too bad it's not that fast. I'd give it Agility over T-Wave.

Vaporeon - I like Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Protect and Wish. A great Staller and an Elemental Sponge; anti-Slaking too, I guess. I prefer 252 EPs in HP and Special Attack, 6 in Special Defense, and Modest Nature. This way, he can absorb hits and do some serious damage.

Lapras - I have two sets for it. Physical and Elemental. Physiacal: Dragon Dance, Return, Iron Tail, Hydro Pump @ Liechi Berry. 252 EPs in Attack and HP, 6 in Defense. Adamant Nature. It doesn't have the greatest phisycal movepools, but I guess it still works. You prolly need two or three dances before outspeeding others. Elemental: Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Thunder, Ice Beam @ Leftovers. I can see this set pwning half of the opponent team. However, Blissey is certainly to be in the team.. Modest Nature and 252 Special Attack for the most damage. 252 HP for making Leftovers more useful. 6 in Defense. Vaporeon and Lapras are both good at same things: Elemental Sponge, Heavy Hitters, and has Water Absorb. Vaporeon and Lapras both are good partners with Charizard.

I really think you should take out Vileplume for a Receiver of Umbreon. Maybe TrickBand Grumpig? It has Calm Mind, Psychic, Shock Wave, and Trick @ Choice Band. Timid Nature. 252 EPs on Special Attack and Speed. 6 in Defense. The point is for Umbreon to Baton Pass, Grumpig to use Trick, and CM and sweep, while the opponent is hopefully doing anything that is not physical. I think there are better tactics though, but I think this would be better than having Vileplume.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Light Screen and Rest are what I use over Calm Mind and Shock Wave on Grumpig. Toxic over Psychic too, that way he's way more like a wall, I guess. Thats only if you wanted a wall, cuz he has 1337 special defenses, and Thick Fat adds to teh 1337ness. Otherwise, Pocket's is good for an attacker. I'd go with the, uh, shiz, whats the move that makes them flinch? Its Psychic? New move...damn, Pocket, come back and tell me what the move is! lol
Old 04-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
Light Screen and Rest are what I use over Calm Mind and Shock Wave on Grumpig. Toxic over Psychic too, that way he's way more like a wall, I guess. Thats only if you wanted a wall, cuz he has 1337 special defenses, and Thick Fat adds to teh 1337ness. Otherwise, Pocket's is good for an attacker. I'd go with the, uh, shiz, whats the move that makes them flinch? Its Psychic? New move...damn, Pocket, come back and tell me what the move is! lol
I think Extrasensory is what you're searching for. But Grumpig isn't that fast..and Psychic has more fire power.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I'd normally trickband slower walls or special attackers. Slower walls hate Extrasensory. But it all depends on what you like. I like some speed EVs so he has some speed to ESensory flinch some. Around 200-210 speed is goo @level 100 for me.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Max Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Max Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

Simple

Charizard: Flamethrower, Fly, Slash, Earthquake

Vaporeon: Surf, Headbutt, Hydropump, ice beam

simple!
Old 04-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Simple

Charizard: Flamethrower, Fly, Slash, Earthquake

Vaporeon: Surf, Headbutt, Hydropump, ice beam

simple!
No...poop, thats what it is, sorry. Those would be movesets that Pogiez would have in Pogeymanz Stadium or something. Nothing skilled about those, no strategy. You use those, if you like them >.>