Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Why hasn't Pokemon ditched 4kids?

If noticed over the years that as each new season of the show is produced it's quality is worse, the voice actors are replaced with wierder sounding ones, the characters get less life like, the difference between the show and video game gets wider, and the show falls more under the control of those idiot 4kids! If there is anything I missed plz tell me, but honestly, I think Ash and 4kids should be ditched entirely and the show redone, perhaps within context of the game. Maybe they could follow the manga? Or the actual game it's based on? Anyone agree?

Last edited by NES2; 07-17-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Poliwagged Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Why hasn't Pokemon ditched 4kids?

4kids was ditched a long time ago.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliwagged View Post
4kids was ditched a long time ago.
exactly

Pokemon USA took over the anime.

i think you better do your research before you start flaming a company
Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 PM
NES2 Offline

Sadly, I still don't see the difference. The show is just as bad without them. Also, both WB and Cartoon Network have relations with Turner and 4kids. If CN doesn't show it, WB kids does. Ive seen shows switch back and forth several times. And even if 4kids doesn't own the show, the quality is still bad.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Sadly, I still don't see the difference. The show is just as bad without them. Also, both WB and Cartoon Network have relations with Turner and 4kids. If CN doesn't show it, WB kids does. Ive seen shows switch back and forth several times. And even if 4kids doesn't own the show, the quality is still bad.
yeh it isnt as bad as your saying. i still enjoy the show

but my problem is your saying "ditch 4kids" when 4kids has no part in the show.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Loyal Kingdra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Kingdra

It ditched awhile ago.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM
NES2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
yeh it isnt as bad as your saying. i still enjoy the show

but my problem is your saying "ditch 4kids" when 4kids has no part in the show.
I understand that now. I'm just saying, quality can be better. A lot of the things 4kids did are still around. Like the lamifacation of Team Rocket.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

4Kids was ditched? I didn't notice, either. Its quality is STILL sub-par, in my opinion.
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

I agree the should ditch Ash. Kill him off please. I want a more interesting show then ash wandering around for his whole, very extended childhood.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

the team rocket things never gonna change
ash most likely wont be replaced.

the kids LOVE the show, so why would change it? its a business after all
Old 07-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

well apparently it is getting better to so I guess never mind.

I still think Ash needs to go though.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Abcnonn Offline
Elite Trainer

Replace all characters not based on the game plus Dawn, Keep Pika or replace it with a different poke with the same personality, etc.

Banner by Sakuya Izayoi
VPPPokesURPG
Old 07-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Why even bother posting if it is merely to slate the show? Okay, I understand that you’re entitled to your own opinion, but if you’re doing nothing but complaining, with erroneous facts and absurd statements to back you up, then you’re basically contributing nothing. In fact, half of what you have said makes me question whether you have actually seen any of the recent episodes.

If you honestly want my opinion regarding the quality of the show currently, then refer to this below, which I posted in another thread earlier today. It saves me reiterating everything all over again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
I agree. People tend to have this assumption that the show pretty much obsolete nowadays simply because it’s not as popular as it used to be. If anything, I’d say the latest region has actually exceeded Kanto by a country mile. Not only is the storyline much more enhanced in comparison, but the characters are actually developed and the main focus isn’t always on the mascot and the three starter Pokemon. In addition, the gym battles are, in fact, fairly intense, and aren’t defeated through pity or unjust methods like in Kanto. The villainous teams are also now a genuine threat, and show up regularly as part of a consistent storyline (referring to Team Galactic, not Rocket. :P) I really do wish people would stop making unreasonable comments concerning the anime without even watching the newer series, because it most cases, they couldn’t be more wrong.
And please, do elaborate on this “less life like” nonsense. Again, the newer seasons have actually implemented a whole lot more effort into character development. Most Pokemon actually have distinct personalities with unique quirks and back-stories, and on occasion receive individual episodes dedicated to them alone. Intriguing rivals like Paul and Hunter-J have been introduced, as opposed to people like Ritchie, who contributed nothing to the show in terms of character.

What exactly will dumping Ash achieve? Not only would that lead to the demise of the show, but who would they introduce instead? Since you want it to relate to the show so closely, it would have to be another 10 year old with the same aspirations in the same region. Hmm..

And the anime does follow the games, they just don’t emulate every aspect involved. If the anime was a precise duplicate of the games, it would be an exceptionally tedious series. Not to mention the viewers would know what to expect from each individual episode (hence why the writers add these certain twists.) Anyway, as far as I’m concerned, the anime actually is a perfect depiction of the games, and I honestly don’t understand what you’re getting at. What exactly is it that makes it a weak representation of the games? It follows the generic concept of collecting eight gym badges, includes the contests, (albeit with an enhanced format) features the same towns and cities, and the same route that must be taken.

The magna idea is ludicrous. Why would we want the exact same story rehashed to us, only in animated form? Besides, the magna is also based off the games. :l

Last edited by Calypso; 07-19-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Ash just needs to get older.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-19-2009, 04:12 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

OP doesnt realize that 4kids and Pokemon USA doesn't make the show, they just give it voices. The only content changes they can make are censors.

The company that makes the anime is completely seperate from the people who dub it.